daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #581
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi
 
Foolish Farmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Pejė [AL]
Posts: 950
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrachar View Post
There're no bad parts of that road in present time.
Yes they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrachar View Post
The pic you've posted, if is from Serbia at all, must be very old (10+ years).
10+ years? The dashboard of the car is from a Passat 3C, which started to get produced in 2005. The MAN-Truck on the left side, looks also to modern, to be 10 years old. From this point of view alone i can't be as old as you say. I've taken this pic two days ago.
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:34 PM   #582
Vrachar
Registered User
 
Vrachar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,063
Likes (Received): 1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Farmer View Post
10+ years? The dashboard of the car is from a Passat 3C, which started to get produced in 2005. The MAN-Truck on the left side, looks also to modern, to be 10 years old. From this point of view alone i can't be as old as you say. I've taken this pic two days ago.
Some 15-20 km southern of Požarevac exit is Lozovička česma. These are our pics (I drove and my friend photographed) of that region from august 2008:

Požarevac exit:




































Velika Plana exit:


The pics say better that 1000 words ...

Last edited by Vrachar; August 23rd, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM   #583
MareCar
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,388
Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Btw, what is the standart width of the 2 lane intercity roads in Serbia? Each time i pass on that stretch between Dimitrovgrad & Nish i notice that the lanes are about 30-40 cm. narrower than the same standart roads in Bulgaria... It is good that the Serbs fixed and widened a little bit at least the tunnels section of the Nishava river canyon.
Can't you tell? It is because of the tunnels and the location of the road, wich is on the side of a mountain. Normal intercity roads are wider, butthose located on mountains are a bit narrower, but still wide enough for a truck to pass. You can see on your pics that there is no way to make it wider.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM   #584
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Farmer View Post
A1 Beograd-Nis - 20km in the south of Pozarevac
(Let's play following game: Where is the emergency lane?)
it's gone...

anyway I was driving this route 5 days ago and I can tell you I was happy to be able to move fast via Serbia.

but there is only one disadvantage, which has nothing to do with a service lane:

Europe zoning (wealthy & poor one).

which means in this particular example: Turkish people (poor Europe) who work in Austria/Germany/Neaderlands (wealthy countires) leave their relatives in Turkey.

nothing new for us, huh ?

so the road is full transit cars and from my point of view this is a problem.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM   #585
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,472
Likes (Received): 3448

so where is that photo taken then? now i am interested too!
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #586
Turnovec
-----------
 
Turnovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Veliko Tarnovo
Posts: 16,887
Likes (Received): 18771

I can't recall noticing this place shown on the photo, but surelly there were several bridges along the way from Belgrade to Nis which lacked an emergency lane, which isn't such a probelm though. We have such thing at one of the viaducts of Hemus A1, after Pravets as well. I am surprised though to hear that the whole section was repaved so soon ... it doesn't look like that, at least at many places. Don't get me wrong - the motorway is OK, but surelly it isn't the same quality you can see after the Croatian border towards Zagreb. On my way back for example it was raining most of the time, and i had to drive in thе fast lane or stick to below 90km/h because there were huge wheeltracks(kolotrazi i think you call them), left by the TIR trucks passing in the hot summer days i guess. The raining filled them with water and there was huge danger of aquaplaning. We have the same problem on most of the old parts of Hemus and Trakia as well. What made me a very good impression is the way the grass and the areas around the intersections are maintained - pretty outstanding
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #587
Strajder
Registered User
 
Strajder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lazarevac, Serbia
Posts: 681
Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrachar View Post
The whole Beograd-Nis highway is repaved few years ago. There're no bad parts of that road in present time. The pic you've posted, if is from Serbia at all, must be very old (10+ years).
For me it's not clear why are you trying giving explanation to this semenkar...
Strajder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #588
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strajder View Post
For me it's not clear why are you trying giving explanation to this semenkar...
Because he has a valid point, with a photo and all. Also, don't call people offensive names and don't stereotype (an Abanian selling seeds, a typical Serbian stereotype for uneducated Albanians who only sell seeds and wood). No need to deny the very basic fact that there's a stretch of that road that's not in great condition. All countries have certain stretches that could use some maintenance. Serbia is no exception.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #589
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Also, don't call people offensive names and don't stereotype (an Abanian selling seeds, a typical Serbian stereotype for uneducated Albanians who only sell seeds and wood).
I completely agree !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
No need to deny the very basic fact that there's a stretch of that road that's not in great condition. All countries have certain stretches that could use some maintenance. Serbia is no exception.
I completely agree !!!
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #590
Vrachar
Registered User
 
Vrachar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,063
Likes (Received): 1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strajder View Post
For me it's not clear why are you trying giving explanation to this semenkar...
Because I don't like injustice and malicious attempts. This should be serious discussion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Because he has a valid point, with a photo and all. Also, don't call people offensive names and don't stereotype (an Abanian selling seeds, a typical Serbian stereotype for uneducated Albanians who only sell seeds and wood). No need to deny the very basic fact that there's a stretch of that road that's not in great condition. All countries have certain stretches that could use some maintenance. Serbia is no exception.
Posting of small-sized pic with lack of any clear evidence of country origin (road sign, car plate, .. etc.) is far from valid point. On the other side, you have bunch of pics of the mentioned section (19 pics from ~20 km of road - roughly 1 pic per 1 km) showing quite opposite situation of claimed. Which point is valid is quite clear from the evidences.

No one said that highway Belgrade-Niš is in superb quality or the best in Europe. It's repaved some years ago and we have many rebukes for sure. But talking about lacks of the emergency lane on main highway in the country ... came on ...

Last edited by Vrachar; August 24th, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #591
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrachar View Post
Because I don't like injustice and malicious attempts. This should be serious discussion.
Yes, saying that a relatively small stretch in some Serbian road needs to be repaved is "injustice" and "malicious."

Quote:
No one said that highway Belgrade-Niš is in superb quality or the best in Europe. It's repaved some years ago and we have many rebukes for sure. But talking about lacks of the emergency lane on main highway in the country ... came on ...
And Turnovec saying that the road lacks emergency lane and barriers in a bridge or two in that highway is not valid? Is he a "semenkar" too?
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #592
Turnovec
-----------
 
Turnovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Veliko Tarnovo
Posts: 16,887
Likes (Received): 18771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
And Turnovec saying that the road lacks emergency lane and barriers in a bridge or two in that highway is not valid? Is he a "semenkar" too?
Listen Buddy, lack of an emergency lane for a kilometer or two of a ~230 km. motorway isn't such a pain in the arse i believe... or i am wrong?
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #593
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija
 
CrazySerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,764
Likes (Received): 7704

Back on topic...

Among all the currently U/C sections of Serbia's motorways, I can't think of any more important than the Kragujevac - Batocina (Belgrade-Nis, aka Corridor 10) section..

At about ~25 kilometers, its not very long -yet it connects Serbia's main north-south corridor with the country's booming center of automotive industry and fifth largest city - Kragujevac Its a shame that this hasn't been done sooner.

Five kilometers have been completed and another five are u/c as of this moment. Eventually, it will be connected to the future Belgrade-Bar motorway:


On this map, you can notice it about halfway between Belgrade & Nis

[img]http://i27.************/wl4ths.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i30.************/2v98cbd.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i32.************/2lvlo47.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.************/i2t7gk.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i25.************/ipmxol.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i31.************/5bu49d.jpg[/img]

Last edited by CrazySerb; August 24th, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #594
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija
 
CrazySerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,764
Likes (Received): 7704

[img]http://i30.************/vh7yv8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i28.************/2jevkid.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i25.************/34imxad.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i27.************/mljj94.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i31.************/2nqckm9.jpg[/img]
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #595
Buddy Holly
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Prishtina, RKS.
Posts: 6,133
Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Listen Buddy, lack of an emergency lane for a kilometer or two of a ~230 km. motorway isn't such a pain in the arse i believe... or i am wrong?
Certainly not, nor did I ever claim that it was. But some people are not able to accept the fact that there are such things as missing emergency lanes in that motorway. It's not a big deal if there aren't emergency lanes for a kilometer or two and anyone trying to make a big deal out of it is a fool. But at the same time, some people don't seem to want to accept that fact so they get defensive without any reason. Or maybe just because the guy that said it is an Albanian from Kosovo.

I for one can say that in general Serbia has better roads than Kosovo although Kosovo is working hard these last two years to upgrade its infrastructure. It's not difficult for me to accept this fact so it shouldn't be difficult for, say, Vrachar to accept some criticism regarding that road.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #596
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,472
Likes (Received): 3448

can somebody the hell tell where that photo was taken?!
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #597
Vrachar
Registered User
 
Vrachar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,063
Likes (Received): 1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
I for one can say that in general Serbia has better roads than Kosovo although Kosovo is working hard these last two years to upgrade its infrastructure. It's not difficult for me to accept this fact so it shouldn't be difficult for, say, Vrachar to accept some criticism regarding that road.
It's not difficult for me to accept any criticism when it comes with good intentions. That wasn't the case in FF's post certainly, so we needed to discuss in such manner.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #598
Ban.BL
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,601
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Farmer View Post
10+ years? The dashboard of the car is from a Passat 3C, which started to get produced in 2005. The MAN-Truck on the left side, looks also to modern, to be 10 years old. From this point of view alone i can't be as old as you say. I've taken this pic two days ago.
come on?!
are you for real, i am sure the old passat has the same dashboard.
I have also driven this route and i can not recall places without emergency lane. Check in GE.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #599
Ban.BL
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,601
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
And Turnovec saying that the road lacks emergency lane and barriers in a bridge or two in that highway is not valid? Is he a "semenkar" too?
Well stopping on the bridges is not allowed in any case so it is quite normal that there are no emergency lanes. But this is not only the case in Serbia it is in lot of European countries like that. So Serbia is not exception it is rule.
The same road that is o parsed in Croatia also doesn't have emergency lanes on the bridges.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #600
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija
 
CrazySerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,764
Likes (Received): 7704

Cvetkovic, Kalanovic open works on Kragujevac–Batocina main road

Quote:
Kragujevac, Aug 25, 2009 – Serbian Prime Minister Mirko Cvetkovic and Minister for the National Investment Plan (NIP) Verica Kalanovic today opened the construction works on the Kragujevac–Batocina main road linking Kragujevac with Corridor 10.

The section is 4.6 kilometres long and the work, to be financed from the NIP, is estimated at RSD 553 million. The deadline for completion is 150 days.

Cvetkovic stressed that building infrastructure, especially on Corridor 10, is one of the government’s main priorities, noting that in this time of crisis it helps to create new jobs and increases the investment appeal of those areas.

Kalanovic said that the ‘great gate’ to Kragujevac and the Sumadija region will be opened, connecting this region with Europe.

Kragujevac Mayor Veroljub Stevanovic also attended the opening, saying that the construction of the main road is a crucial investment for Kragujevac.

The deadline for the completion of the whole road linking Kragujevac with Corridor 10 is 2011.

The remaining 15 kilometres of the main road are situated in the municipality of Batocina and the intersection with the Belgrade–Nis motorway is in the municipality of Lapovo.












(mandatory photo-op )


Last edited by CrazySerb; August 25th, 2009 at 06:40 PM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium