daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #6121
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

I'm not a professional, but it seems to me that in Canada they have been used for many decades. I really haven't noticed them in Serbian before this.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2015, 06:23 PM   #6122
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7676

So, latest map of built/UC motorways across the countries of former Yugoslavia...biggest change since the the last map is, of course, the long awaited start of construction of Montenegro's section of Belgrade-Bar motorway

Old July 11th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #6123
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Project for new Drina bridge between Serbia & Serb Republic:

Quote:
Public procurement for the bridge at the Drina - Call for offers opened by August 18
Friday, 07/10/2015|11:11 | Source: RTV

The Ministry of construction, traffic and infrastructure, released a call for offers for public procurement for construction of the Ljubovija – Bratunac bridge which will be opened August 18, the Ministry has announced today.

Then, as the Ministry says, contractor with which the contract will be signed will be selected.

With the selection of contractor, along with the project development for construction permit, which has been in progress, conditions for construction works for the bridge at the Drina to start in the fall this year are generated.

The works total EUR 12 m, where Serbia will participate with a bit more than six million euros and the rest will be funded by BIH and the Republic of Srpska.

Quote:
Batrovci border crossing to expand
Friday, 07/03/2015|12:04 | Source: RTV
sr de

Long lines at the Batrovci border crossing could soon end since capacity expansion is expected.

As announced from the Border police, additional lines for pass of passenger and freight vehicles will be made.

The minister of construction, traffic and infrastructure, Zorana Mihajlovic, spoke about that upon her recent visit as well as in previous statements.

aleksandar_s liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #6124
garet12

Likes (Received): 0

How is the construction of A4 coming along ? Didn't hear any news for quite a while.
garet12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2015, 01:09 PM   #6125
Alpin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1948

Hello guys!

I see that there is a planned connection between Novi Sad and A3. And also on some maps I see that there is a projected expressway/motorway between Novi Sad and Timisoara via Zrenjanin. So I was wondering, wouldn't this be the best way to connect the 2 countries after all, since it would also benefit the Romanians traveling to some Southern European countries such as Italy. And also, Zrenjanin is not very far away from the projected Belgrade ring road, so connection with Belgrade would not be a problem either.

I just thought that the connection through Vrsac would be of greater length and would not be helpful for Romanians transiting Serbia. A ramification of Romanian A1 along the Bega River to the Serbian Border (after bypassing Timisoara) seems more logical.

Are any of these currently U/C (Novi-Sad-A3, Belgrade-Varset, Novi-Sad-Zrenjanin)? Which one do you think will be built first? Do you guys travel to Europe Visa-free now? And does crossing the borders to the EU take a lot of time?

Thank You!

Last edited by Alpin; July 12th, 2015 at 01:22 PM.
Alpin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2015, 02:12 PM   #6126
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpin View Post
Hello guys!

I see that there is a planned connection between Novi Sad and A3. And also on some maps I see that there is a projected expressway/motorway between Novi Sad and Timisoara via Zrenjanin. So I was wondering, wouldn't this be the best way to connect the 2 countries after all, since it would also benefit the Romanians traveling to some Southern European countries such as Italy. And also, Zrenjanin is not very far away from the projected Belgrade ring road, so connection with Belgrade would not be a problem either.

I just thought that the connection through Vrsac would be of greater length and would not be helpful for Romanians transiting Serbia. A ramification of Romanian A1 along the Bega River to the Serbian Border (after bypassing Timisoara) seems more logical.

Are any of these currently U/C (Novi-Sad-A3, Belgrade-Varset, Novi-Sad-Zrenjanin)? Which one do you think will be built first? Do you guys travel to Europe Visa-free now? And does crossing the borders to the EU take a lot of time?

Thank You!
Connecting Zrenjanin with any sort of expressway/motorway is little possible in my opinion since Zrenjanin still does not have completed 1+1 bypass, only one part and road to Novi Sad is planned to be reconstructed, which is great. Everything else (expressway/motorway to Timisoara or Belgrade) is distant future for me as railway connections of Zrenjanin are also in poor condition (no train to Novi Sad and Vrsac for years, to Belgrade in Pancevo also no traffic for months...).
Yes, citizens of Serbia can travel to EU without UK+Ireland without visa since December 2009.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2015, 02:44 PM   #6127
Alpin
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1948

But, I mean, there could be a bypass built from scratch, as part of the motorway connecting Timisoara and Novi Sad... But anyway, from your answer i get that there are no immediate plans regarding that possibility.

But what about Novi-Sad to A3 (and Sabac?). What's the status of that? And Belgrade-Varset?
Alpin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #6128
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, you've seen the map above - if these sections were U/C, they'd be marked in red

I'd say they're waiting for the currently U/C sections to be completed before embarking on new projects. A2 is certainly Serbia's biggest priority right now, after that, I would say A5 - at least, that would be my choice.

Alpin liked this post
Old July 13th, 2015, 07:07 AM   #6129
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Protest by concerned citizens against the plan to bury the remnants of a 4th century early Christian basilica found along the path of the A4 motorway:

Old July 13th, 2015, 02:38 PM   #6130
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Why are they concerned? Because they are Orthodox ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #6131
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1542

yes exactly
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 04:22 AM   #6132
Robertkc

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpin View Post
But, I mean, there could be a bypass built from scratch, as part of the motorway connecting Timisoara and Novi Sad... But anyway, from your answer i get that there are no immediate plans regarding that possibility.

But what about Novi-Sad to A3 (and Sabac?). What's the status of that? And Belgrade-Varset?
I personally think its more likely that any motorway border between Romania and Serbia will be located at Vatin/Moravita (between Timisoara and Vrsac). I believe this section is in the latest Romanian Ten-T motorway priority plan - this motorway, if ever built, is even referred to as the A9.

Vrsac has more economic, ethnic and academic links to Timisoara and Romania in general then Zrenjanin and the border at Vrsac compared with the Srpska Crnja border crossing (the border connecting Zranjanin and Timisoara) speaks volumes as well in terms of current levels of activity! The latter is almost something out of a western movie, with equally unprofessional/bored/corrupt border guards to match!

At any rate, the fact that a huge percentage of people in Serbia (never mind the rest of the former Yugoslavia) are full of outdated prejudices and stereotypes about Romania which are based on the distant past will take time to change...as once they open their minds and cross into Romania they'll see a wonderful country developing very quickly in all facets and one in which there is every reason to develop business, tourist and other links.

panchevo, guranflorin liked this post

Last edited by Robertkc; July 14th, 2015 at 04:32 AM.
Robertkc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM   #6133
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
the fact that a huge percentage of people in Serbia (never mind the rest of the former Yugoslavia) are full of outdated prejudices and stereotypes about Romania which are based on the distant past
Really? That's strange! In Roumania there are a lot of people that considers serbs as orthodox brothers and teh only friendly neighbor (as there were no military conflict between us). And in Banat many roumanians helped serbs during embargo, just like Serbia helped roumanian who flee during Ceausescu regime.

As fo the utility for the highway between Timisoara and Belgrade: some roumanian would want a direct link towards south of Belgrade (Smederovo area if posible) to help them on their way to Greece and Muntenegro during holidays, other would want a direct link west of Belgrad as they go often towards Croatia or Italy. So Vrsac for Greece or Zrenjanin for Italy.
Of course this is the least important criteria that should be taken under consideration.
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:53 AM   #6134
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

It's offtopic, but from my experience, the average Romanian is very ignorant about Serbia. Mostly only people from Banat have some ties with Serbia, and only because about 100 years ago current Romanian and Serbian Banat were one province/country. On Serb side it's very similar. But if you go outside of Serbia in other ex-Yu countries it's even worse, people have very outdated knowledge about Romania.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #6135
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1542

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Really? That's strange! In Roumania there are a lot of people that considers serbs as orthodox brothers and teh only friendly neighbor (as there were no military conflict between us). And in Banat many roumanians helped serbs during embargo, just like Serbia helped roumanian who flee during Ceausescu regime.
The same opinion is from Serbian side as well, I can guarantee that.

guranflorin liked this post
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 12:21 AM   #6136
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Indeed.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I came across a couple of Romanian tourists, guys about my age from an eastern city of Romania (close to Iasi) in Belgrade last summer, I took them around town on my own dime - from Nikola Tesla museum to dinner in Skadarlija district - they didn't spend a cent that day. Why? Simply cause they were our Romanian bros.

Robertkc, guranflorin liked this post
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:00 AM   #6137
Robertkc

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Really? That's strange! In Roumania there are a lot of people that considers serbs as orthodox brothers ...And in Banat many roumanians helped serbs during embargo, just like Serbia helped roumanian who flee during Ceausescu regime.
Completely off topic.......

But to clarify - In general the warmth between Romanians and Serbians is fantastic. What I was speaking about relates to those in ex-YU countries who had not been to Romania in the past 5-10 years or so. However, all Serbs I've brought to Romania have been completely open minded and when they've got there been thoroughly impressed.

Romanians are also warm to Serbs and other ex-YU countries even if they know nothing or very little about them.
Robertkc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 02:20 PM   #6138
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

So I guess that Batajnica interchange is essentially finished.
Source: Beobuild
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #6139
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Yes, but Batajnica Boulevard will have to wait. There seems to be some expropriation issues.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #6140
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

One lane of the new bridge in Čiflik near Bela Palanka (on A4) is completed and opened to traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixazmaj View Post
Pod 2.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija