daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #6361
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
The road was built in 2 phases. First they built only one carriageway and 20 years after the other.
Ok, thanks for this information, but seriously?? It was not a motorway before...

I understand better now...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2015, 06:47 PM   #6362
Robertkc

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Ok, thanks for this information, but seriously?? It was not a motorway before...
No, it was not a motorway before. Its not *that* bad, tbh. For the economic reality in this region, it's more then adequate....unless you're driving an Aston Martin or Ferrari.

winnipeg liked this post
Robertkc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:29 PM   #6363
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertkc View Post
No, it was not a motorway before. Its not *that* bad, tbh. For the economic reality in this region, it's more then adequate....unless you're driving an Aston Martin or Ferrari.
I see that now... Hum I don't have such car only a small car, but the motorway was not really okay, I don't remember to have ever seen a motorway in such condition..... (but this is only my opinion, I'm maybe to tough, don't take it personaly! )

I tought that this was a motorway for long time and used to think that it was great for Belgrade to have such connection to Europe...

But it's still great as it is (even if they need to change some parts of the motorway...), for example it is still better than Romania as (on the paper) the capital city of the country is linked to Europe by this motorway!

Last edited by winnipeg; November 18th, 2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old November 18th, 2015, 10:55 PM   #6364
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Even if it is not terribly congested, a motorway improves travel times and importantly, traffic safety. Motorway fatality rates per 1 billion vehicle kilometers are multiple times lower than two-lane roads with opposing traffic.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #6365
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Even if it is not terribly congested, a motorway improves travel times and importantly, traffic safety. Motorway fatality rates per 1 billion vehicle kilometers are multiple times lower than two-lane roads with opposing traffic.
Of course, I won't say the oposite, I totaly agree with you!

Also it would be interesting to have studies and data about the fatality rate compared to the condition of the road... it might be interesting... (but it wasn't what I talked first... ).
Old November 19th, 2015, 02:22 PM   #6366
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4004

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
I see that now... Hum I don't have such car only a small car, but the motorway was not really okay, I don't remember to have ever seen a motorway in such condition..... (but this is only my opinion, I'm maybe to tough, don't take it personaly! )

I tought that this was a motorway for long time and used to think that it was great for Belgrade to have such connection to Europe...

But it's still great as it is (even if they need to change some parts of the motorway...), for example it is still better than Romania as (on the paper) the capital city of the country is linked to Europe by this motorway!
Today A1, section from Subotica to Novi Sad and further to Beška bridge was built during late 1980s and 1990s as "half-motorway" (poluauto-put in Serbian) with 1+2 lanes which was extremely dangerous. Some 6-5 years ago works to complete this motorway were intensified and Beška bridge 2 was built beside first one, so full 2+2 profile was completed in 2012 if I remember well. You drove on old side (Subotica-Novi Sad), while new one is in much more better condition (Novi Sad-Subotica).

Second lane construction near Subotica in 2011:

Old November 19th, 2015, 06:00 PM   #6367
winnipeg

This is very interesting, thank you for those informations and for the photos!!
Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:29 PM   #6368
satanism

Likes (Received): 5494

The motorway(southbound carriageway) is a bit uneven but much better than lets say Prague-Brno.Also stretches of it are constantly being renovated this year so it is getting better and better.The only part of it which needs reconstruction badly is the southbound c/way around Novi Sad....the rest is very acceptable.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.

winnipeg liked this post
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:42 PM   #6369
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

I never understood why this section was motorway-upgraded. I mean yes its part of corridor 10 but given the low traffic volume, was it worth it? Indeed the railways could be restored for the money. This motorway is practically empty every time I drive through at peaking summer seasons
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 07:24 PM   #6370
SametJamet
BANNED

Likes (Received): 66

Nis-Dimitrovgrad should be opened in 2017.
SametJamet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 07:30 PM   #6371
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
I never understood why this section was motorway-upgraded. I mean yes its part of corridor 10 but given the low traffic volume, was it worth it? Indeed the railways could be restored for the money. This motorway is practically empty every time I drive through at peaking summer seasons
It is the link between Serbia and Europe... and a great way to contribute to the devlopment of the country and for the business! The one of the only countries to be conected to the European Union by a full motorway to it's capital, this is considerable I think!

definitivo liked this post
Old November 22nd, 2015, 09:48 PM   #6372
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7679

Serbia gets another bridge - Putevi Srbije releases tender for preliminary design of traffic artery across the Sava river at Sabac

Friday, 11/20/2015|11:08 | Source: eKapija

Quote:
Construction of bridge in 2010, could be implemented in the upcoming period. Namely PC Putevi Srbije released tender for development of preliminary project (services of technical design in construction for civil engineering ) for the bridge across the Sava river, near Sabac , at the corridor of public road IB category, number. 21 (M-21) at the Novi Sad-Ruma-Sabac section,

In 2010, Dejan Kovacevic, an advisor at the Ministry of infrastructure explained then that the new bridge which is planned to be a few kilometers upstream the existing one should be 690 m long and 20,4 m high with two lanes in each direction. Steel construction is planned. According to his estimations, it takes 18 to 20 months for the bridge construction and former minister for infrastructure, Milutin Mrkonjic, said the works could total EUR 20 to 25 m.
Deadline for offers is December 21, 2015 while deadline for delivery of entire preliminary draft to the Revision commission cannot be longer than 180 days as of the contract signing.

Estimated value of public procurement is RSD 25.833.000,00 VAT excluded .
New bridge across Sava will be part of the long planned Novi Sad - Ruma - Sabac expressway, that willl include
a tunnel under Fruska Gora national park:

definitivo, Gubot liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:15 PM   #6373
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Latest video report from A4, Nis-Dimitorvgrad motorway:

winnipeg, Krajinac liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2015, 07:43 PM   #6374
LG_

Likes (Received): 179

I couldn't understand if Trace is still working on this project!? Wasn't their contract canceled due to several delays?
LG_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:59 AM   #6375
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
The only part of it which needs reconstruction badly is the southbound c/way around Novi Sad....the rest is very acceptable.
The first cca. 30-40 km from Horgoś b/c towards Novi Sad is also in terrible condition and need to be renovated asap.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:33 AM   #6376
Tachi

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_ View Post
I couldn't understand if Trace is still working on this project!? Wasn't their contract canceled due to several delays?

Well, I barely understand the language. The name was mentioned in the beginning, but I did not understand it why. Then I think they summarised a lot of works that have to be done like, asphalt, signalisation (in tunnels?) and drainage works. They also mentioned something between Dimitrovgrad and the border. Also other sections were mentioned like Pirot-Dimitrovgrad.

A summary of the news item in English would be nice.
Tachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 03:23 PM   #6377
Stefan-SRB

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG_ View Post
It's canceled on Dimitrovgrad Bypass.
They stayed on Pirot east – Dimitrovgrad and Parallel non-commercial road Bela Palanka – Pirot (west).

LG_, belerophon liked this post
Stefan-SRB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #6378
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

MIHAJLOVIC: End of 2015 to see funding model for continued construction of Corridor 11

Tuesday, 11/24/2015

Quote:
VP of the Government of Serbia and the minister of construction, traffic and infrastructure, Zorana Mihajlovic said she hopes that by the end of the year funding model for construction of Corridor 11 through Serbia will be completed.

Mihajlovic said they have been negotiating with Chinese partner with respect to funding.

When akes whether there will be changes in Corridor 11 through Pester, the minister replied that the works have been in progress on one part, that Shandong and Azerbaijan company have been conducting works and that there are no many changes in the existing route.

Mihajlovic also added that potentially, if they reach an agreement, they can think about different directions of Corridor 11.
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:25 AM   #6379
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
MIHAJLOVIC: End of 2015 to see funding model for continued construction of Corridor 11
Completion of ...."XI"....means building all of it from Romania to Montenegro....right??
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:45 AM   #6380
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

No, it refers primarily to the Serbian section of Belgrade-Bar motorway...in particular, the two most crucial sections not currently under contract - Surcin-Obrenovac in particular, with a new Sava river bridge and the Preljina-Pozega section, numbers 1 & 3 on the map below.

The Pancevo-Vrsac-Timisoara section is not really being considered at this moment in time, most likely, it will have to wait for the completion of Belgrade's ring-road motorway, especially the Bubanj Potok-Pancevo section with a really expensive road & rail Danube bridge...so nothing until at least 2019.

aleksandar_s liked this post

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija