daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2016, 09:01 AM   #6561
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigic View Post
The road is a city boulevard and grade separation is not really needed.
Personally, I would have liked to make it as some motorway/expressway
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #6562
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 122

Using overpasses/underpasses for the boulevard would be too much. It would divide the city. Also roundabouts are dirt cheap and require pretty much no maintenance.
my only grievance with them is the layout:

(from the yt video posted above)
This needs to be a turbo roundabout especially since most traffic will just pass through.
But that is nothing compared to the weird mess south of liberty bridge
[atomic] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2016, 07:41 PM   #6563
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7703

Next phase of Belgrade's inner ring road starts in March...

Quote:
Belgrade invites tenders for capital infrastructure projects - New health center at Labudovo Brdo
Sunday, 01/31/2016|15:09 | Source: eKapija
sr
Belgrade
The City of Belgrade has invited tenders for the construction of new health center on a surface area of over 2,000 square meters at Labudovo Brdo, valued at RSD 250 million, which will cover a population of 44,000, Beoinfo cited City Manager Goran Vesic as saying.
He noted in his guest appearance on TV Pink that the City of Belgrade had issued several invitations to tender for capital infrastructure projects, announcing that a tender to build sewerage for the Plavi Horizonti neighborhood would be launched Monday, 1 February 2016. As he added, the European Investment Bank gave their consent on Friday for the construction of the Ada Bridge access roads towards Tosin Bunar Street, a project valued at EUR 30.5 million, the work on which should commence in March.
Speaking about Parking Servis' new service called 'Start Stop', Vesic specified it would allow citizens to pay just for the actual time their vehicle spent in the parking space instead of paying for an hour although it was parked for only ten minutes or so.
The city manager also stressed that the city center lacked about 5,000 parking places and that this problem would be solved with the construction of underground garages.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 05:52 AM   #6564
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

PM marks completion of tunneling works with champagne

Quote:
The 270-meter right tube of the Savinac tunnel on Corridor 11 near Takovo, central Serbia, was bored on Monday.
Source: Tanjug Monday, February 1, 2016 | 17:02

Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic congratulated the workers, opening a bottle of champagne to mark the occasion.

All tunnel-boring works on the road section between Ljig and Preljina are now complete, with 36 km out of the total 40 km of a full-profile highway also overlaid.

A bus took Vucic, Serbian Deputy Prime Minister Zorana Mihajlovic - who is also minister of construction, transport and infrastructure - Azerbaijan's ambassador Eldar Hasanov and reporters along the highway section.

The completion of tunneling works at Savinac, worth EUR 9.85 million, has connected the entire 40 km section.

The main contractor is Azerbaijan's AzVirt and construction works on the section, worth a total EUR 308 million, are financed by a EUR 300 million Azerbaijani loan, with the rest of the funds provided by Serbia.

winnipeg, kostas97, Fooxx67 liked this post

Last edited by CrazySerb; February 5th, 2016 at 05:57 AM.
Old February 5th, 2016, 05:33 PM   #6565
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

I've got a general question......why does Serbia (and other countries of the ex-Yugoslavia) list the road's cost in euros only and not in dinara (sorry if i say it wrong btw) or both?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 07:15 PM   #6566
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
I've got a general question......why does Serbia (and other countries of the ex-Yugoslavia) list the road's cost in euros only and not in dinara (sorry if i say it wrong btw) or both?
Because people lost their confidence to local currency in Serbia since hyperinflation in 1993. All high-costly summs are in euros (real estate, cars, road costs...).

winnipeg, panchevo liked this post
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 02:11 AM   #6567
vladygark
Србоватник

Likes (Received): 7602

Dimitrovgrad bypass tender process extended till Feb 17th. Not sure when exactly the contractor will be announced. Hopefully we may resume constuction on this section by spring time. Hopefully.

Gubot liked this post
vladygark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 12:05 PM   #6568
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

I guess it's also because the loans for the motorway needs to be taken in Euro. And they have to repayed in Euro. So a local currency makes not much sense since its worth is changing compared to Euro.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #6569
kostas97

Oh, I get it.....by the way, do people along with the dinara use the euro in physical form in everyday transactions?
Old February 6th, 2016, 02:02 PM   #6570
Alex_ZR

Quote:
Oh, I get it.....by the way, do people along with the dinara use the euro in physical form in everyday transactions?
No, you can't pay in euro in shops, you have to exchange money.
Old February 6th, 2016, 06:22 PM   #6571
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
No, you can't pay in euro in shops, you have to exchange money.
I see.....but i think that they accept euros in tolls, right?
Old February 6th, 2016, 07:12 PM   #6572
Alex_ZR

Quote:
Yes, like in Croatia and FYROM.

kostas97 liked this post
Old February 7th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #6573
satanism

Likes (Received): 5495

Hey neighbours, I was trying to see if there were some public debate in Serbia regarding upping the motorway speed limit to 130km/h but I didn't find anything (Also in serbian).Were there ever any thoughts about that?Now you're going to add some more km's to the network and this certainly will be a nice addition.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 07:17 PM   #6574
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Spaniards build access roads to Ada Bridge - Rubau to connect Flea Market and Tosin Bunar Street

Quote:
Sunday, 02/07/2016|17:09 | Source: Novosti

Works in Tosin Bunar Street, where the expansion of roads is underway, will be done by the end of April, and then the time will come to finish the construction of access roads to the Ada Bridge, from the direction of Flea Market towards Tosin Bunar Street.
These works will be carried out by the Spanish firm Rubau, which the daily Novosti writes has won the tender against companies from Italy, Austria, China, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia.
Rubau has already landed two contracts in Serbia, but this would be its first in Belgrade. The first contract this company signed was in 2013 for the work on the Ciflik-Pirot road, while the second was inked in 2015 for the Dolina-Vladicin Han road.
This new project is valued at EUR 30.5 million.

aleksandar_s liked this post
Old February 7th, 2016, 07:53 PM   #6575
Alex_ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
Hey neighbours, I was trying to see if there were some public debate in Serbia regarding upping the motorway speed limit to 130km/h but I didn't find anything (Also in serbian).Were there ever any thoughts about that?Now you're going to add some more km's to the network and this certainly will be a nice addition.
Didn't know that Slovakia and Serbia are neighbours. Regarding speed limit of 130 km/h, currently there are no any remarks about rising it from 120 km/h.
Old February 7th, 2016, 07:58 PM   #6576
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Didn't know that Slovakia and Serbia are neighbours. Regarding speed limit of 130 km/h, currently there are no any remarks about rising it from 120 km/h.

He is Bulgarian living in Slovakia.

Krajinac liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 04:27 AM   #6577
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Looks like there might be some interest on the part of Russia's national railway firm (RZD)in financing the completion of Belgrade's railway bypass (RZD is already in the midst of carrying out railway modernization projects worth close to one billion dollars in Serbia) and with it the crucial road & rail bridge at Vinca, part of both the rail & motorway bypasses.

Quote:
Russians interested in building freight rail bypass around Belgrade
Sunday, 02/07/2016|16:09 | Source: Novosti

The Russian railway firm is interested in entering into partnership with the Serbian government in the reconstruction and later joint maintenance of freight and passenger railroads Batajnica-Surcina and Ostruznica-Resnik, the daily Novosti reports.
The Serbian government has confirmed that Russians came to talk about the freight rail bypass, adding that the talks have just started. Since it is a good deal, the Government does not rule out the possibility of another prospective partner showing up. Because, if they decide to have this project implemented, they will have to invite tenders. At the moment, they are looking for a partnership model that would be beneficial to both parties. In order to ban the trains transporting freight and dangerous goods from the central city zone, it is necessary to finish designs and build the freight rail bypass Beli Potok-Vinca-Pancevo with a road and railroad bridge across the Danube near Vinca.
This bypass rail would make it possible to establish a direct connection between Banat and central Serbia and ensure a secure transportation of dangerous goods outside the central city core of both Belgrade and Pancevo.

aleksandar_s liked this post
Old February 10th, 2016, 04:56 PM   #6578
stelios82

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
They accept Euros, but they charge you a little more than paying in dinars
stelios82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 05:27 PM   #6579
vespafrederic

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios82 View Post
They accept Euros, but they charge you a little more than paying in dinars
Basicly the motorway is more expensive if you have a foreign licence plate.
vespafrederic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 06:57 PM   #6580
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespafrederic View Post
Basicly the motorway is more expensive if you have a foreign licence plate.
But you can exchange euros with dinars on petrol stations.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija