daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2016, 07:14 AM   #6621
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Bit of flooding going on in Serbia right now, delaying some motorway works such as
here on the Chinese section of A2 near Obrenovac , where a bridge is being built over Kolubara river...

gr_kanev liked this post
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #6622
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Relocation of Bubanj Potok toll gate starting soon, partly to accomodate new IKEA store...

Quote:

Relocation of toll gate from Bubanj Potok to Vrcin in late 2016

Sunday, 03/06/2016|17:19 | Source: Novosti

Relocation of the toll gate from Bubanj Potok to Vrcin, which was initially planned to be done in September 2015, has not started yet because the main design is still not finished.
Given that the opening of the building site was delayed from the very start, Austria's Strabag, which won a job in early 2016 to build a new toll gate, will have to roll up the sleeves to finish the work in eight months.
- The main design is currently under preparation, and its completion will be followed by the start of works. They are expected to commence by the end of March - said people at Putevi Srbije.
The tender documentation says that works are to be finished by the end of August, and Strabag asked for additional month and a half.
Domestic companies Vojvodinaput Pancevo and PZP Zajezar will help the Austrian company in this project valued at RSD 2,095,241,098 or about EUR 17 million, which should be finished by October 15th at the latest.

Start of works accelerated by IKEA
The toll gate near Bubanj Potok is only temporary and shall be relocated according to the plan from 2010, which is a sort of revised edition. Therefore, the announced construction of IKEA department store is not a cause for the relocation of toll gate, but it is definitely a reason to accelerate the start of relocation works.

An eight-kilometer difference
Once all the works are done, the new toll gate will be situated a kilometer away from the existing interchange Vrcin, that is, eight kilometers away from the toll gate in Bubanj Potok.

satanism, piotr71 liked this post
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:13 PM   #6623
svt11

Likes (Received): 580

Hi, I have car which is on leasing and the owner is leasing company. I want to enter Serbia, what do I need for the car? I know there is no green card? Thank you.
svt11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 09:29 PM   #6624
Tachi

Likes (Received): 19

[SRB] Serbia | road infrastructure • Auto-putevi / Aуто-путеви

To avoid any trouble at the border but also from your leasing company ask from your leasing company a letter of attorney, meaning that you have permission to use the car outside your country.
Seems obvious, don't you think.
Tachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:09 PM   #6625
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Most up to date map of built & U/C motorway section in Serbia, Montenegro & Serb Republic:

Old March 10th, 2016, 11:35 PM   #6626
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

With construction of Belgrade-Podgorica & Belgrade-Banja Luka motorways well underway, looks like its now time to think about Nis-Pristina motorway:

Today's news...

Quote:
€1.9bn for infrastructure projects in Serbia

Belgrade, 10 March 2016 – Minister without portfolio in charge of European integration Jadranka Joksimovic stated today that 18 strategic infrastructure projects worth €1.9 billion are in the preparation phase, including the construction of the motorway from Nis to Pristina.

Photo: Fonet

At the third meeting of the National Investment Board, Joksimovic explained that the government intends to implement projects ensuring the most favourable financing conditions, by using EU grants, concessional loans from international financial institutions, funds from other development partners, as well as funds from the Serbian budget.

According to Joksimovic, a detailed analysis of the projects identified all the preparatory steps that we need to do in order for projects to be implemented effectively.

These projects include the construction of facilities for waste water treatment in Novi Sad, modernisation of the railway on Corridor 10 in several sections, a water treatment plant in Nis and more, she said.

The government has so far provided €166.2 million for projects from the Single review of priority infrastructure projects, and the conditions under which these projects are funded are very favourable, she confirmed.

Joksimovic, who is also the national IPA coordinator, said that the project of modernisation of the railway from Nis to the border with Macedonia, i.e., the section Nis-Brestovac 23 kilometres long, will be financed from the grant 75%, and the rest will be provided from the Serbian budget.

According to Joksimovic, the total value of the projects that Serbia will submit to the European Commission for funding this year amount to €281 million, of which €180 million will be non-refundable.

piotr71 liked this post
Old March 14th, 2016, 01:12 AM   #6627
BatiVenci

Likes (Received): 160

Driving from Nis to Beograd i noticed the "strange" by me mileage on the highway. Near Nis it was near 800 km, counting down towards Beograd. As the distance Nis -> Beograd is about 220 km and Beograd towards Croatia border is about 100 km, so where do the "Mile 0" stone should lie?
BatiVenci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 01:36 AM   #6628
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Most likely in Slovenia at Loibl pass at the border to Austria. Old measurement from Yugoslavian times... This was road M1 also known as Autoput "Bratstvo i jedinstvo".

Perhaps Kilometer 0 was in Karawanks Tunnel in Slowenia since the road was reallocated after finishing the tunnel. But I guess we'll never know...

aleksandar_s, Дisiдent, Puležan liked this post

Last edited by stickedy; March 14th, 2016 at 02:48 AM.
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 11:43 AM   #6629
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Most likely in Slovenia at Loibl pass at the border to Austria. Old measurement from Yugoslavian times... This was road M1 also known as Autoput "Bratstvo i jedinstvo".

Perhaps Kilometer 0 was in Karawanks Tunnel in Slowenia since the road was reallocated after finishing the tunnel. But I guess we'll never know...
The mileage was counted from Podljubelj (Slovenia) because there was the start of M1 road (Autoput bratstva i jedinstva): route on GM

The Karavanke tunel was opened on the 1st of June 1991, just 24 days before Slovenia and Croatia declared independence, so it's not so likely that they had time to reallocate the 1st kilometer from Podljubelj to Karavanke.

On Croatian D21, D66 and D8 roads there sre still visible old M2 designations along the route (second most important road in SFRJ, heavily used during the summer).

Sorry for the slight offtopic

piotr71, panchevo, Sentilj, guranflorin liked this post
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 07:43 PM   #6630
stickedy

You're right of course, I thought the tunnel was opened sooner.
Old March 14th, 2016, 09:18 PM   #6631
Tachi

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puležan View Post
The mileage was counted from Podljubelj (Slovenia) because there was the start of M1 road (Autoput bratstva i jedinstva): route on GM
I disagree with you. It's more likely the M1 (Autoput Bratstva i Jedinstva) started near Podkoren. The road towards Ljubelj was a branch of M1 and had a different number. It was signposted as a branch as it is still now.

Puležan, vectom liked this post
Tachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2016, 11:45 PM   #6632
piotr71

Quote:
(..)

On Croatian D21, D66 and D8 roads there sre still visible old M2 designations along the route (second most important road in SFRJ, heavily used during the summer).

Sorry for the slight offtopic
Any example?
Old March 15th, 2016, 12:37 AM   #6633
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
Any example?
https://goo.gl/maps/WFGxyQ43NSG2

piotr71, Puležan liked this post
Old March 15th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #6634
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
I disagree with you. It's more likely the M1 (Autoput Bratstva i Jedinstva) started near Podkoren. The road towards Ljubelj was a branch of M1 and had a different number. It was signposted as a branch as it is still now.
I made some searching and it seems that km 0 was near Ratece according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothe..._Unity_Highway

Edit: According to Wikicommons, the old Yugoslavian M1 indeed goes from the now Slovenian-Austrian Border at Wurzen Pass to the now Macedonian-Greek border at Gevgelija. So KM 0 of M1 was at Wurzen Pass.

See:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...oldKaartM1.svg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...dKaartM1-1.svg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...dKaartM1-2.svg

That also correspondents to the route of Slovenian road number 201.

vectom liked this post

Last edited by stickedy; March 15th, 2016 at 12:59 AM.
Old March 15th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #6635
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
You are right!

Here's the official document from 1987 (Odluka o utvrđivanju magistralnih puteva) which states that M1 ran from Korensko Sedlo/Wurzenpass (today road 201 in SLO) towards Podkoren, Kranjska Gora, Jesenice (the rest of the route is known).

Road from Podljubelj/Loiblpass to Naklo (today road 101) was signed as M1.1.

Anyway, it's interesting that BIH and Serbia have continued to use old ex-YU designations for main roads/magistrale/highways (not motorways).
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:10 PM   #6636
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Anyway, it's interesting that BIH and Serbia have continued to use old ex-YU designations for main roads/magistrale/highways (not motorways).
Serbia does not use the Yugoslav road numbering anymore. They changed their system twice, in 2011 and finally in 2013.

Alex_ZR liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:10 PM   #6637
stickedy

Serbia has changed its numbering quite a bit back, but it's not implemented yet. Montenegro also uses the old M numbering as well as Kosovo.

And in BiH the two entities just can't make an arrangement for the road numbers. Although the Federation introduced a new one, but limited to the federation. And it's also not yet implemented.
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #6638
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4005

Quote:
Serbia has changed its numbering quite a bit back, but it's not implemented yet.
It's implemented, but you can still signs with old numbers.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #6639
stickedy

That's what I mean
Old March 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM   #6640
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Serbia has changed its numbering quite a bit back, but it's not implemented yet. Montenegro also uses the old M numbering as well as Kosovo.
Kosovo changed M-numbers to N-numers. But the numbers stayed the same indeed. Montenegro and BiH have both introduced some new M-n umbers which didn't exist in Yugoslavia (or more accurate: Not on that location )
Quote:
And in BiH the two entities just can't make an arrangement for the road numbers. Although the Federation introduced a new one, but limited to the federation. And it's also not yet implemented.
The introduction is postponed till November 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
It's implemented, but you can still signs with old numbers.
Sometimes with new ones as well:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@44.90220...7i13312!8i6656

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija