daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 06:25 PM   #6861
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
When did they change that....the deadline was the end of this month, iirc?
Also, what are they going to do for so long, anyway?
they update the deadlines every couple of months, it's like the changing of the seasons and the tides of the sea...

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2016, 02:47 PM   #6862
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majevčan View Post

Ok, I thought it was earlier.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:38 AM   #6863
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Next phase of Belgrade's UMP expressway ...

aleksandar_s, SRC_100, gr_kanev, Adayafter liked this post
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:43 AM   #6864
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Over to Belgrade's motorway bypass, where Strabag is carrying out works on the new Ostruznica bridge:

Old July 25th, 2016, 03:57 AM   #6865
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Fresh aerial video of Novi Sad's new road/rail Zezelj bridge...

The new bridge is increasingly starting to "make sense" so to say, especially after last week's signing
of the contract for uprgade of a major section of Belgrade - Novi Sad railway with Russia' RZD.
It will be upgraded for speeds up to 200kph and will include a new 3km viaduct and 2km tunnel.

aleksandar_s, Sentilj, Adayafter liked this post

Last edited by CrazySerb; July 25th, 2016 at 04:03 AM.
Old July 25th, 2016, 05:44 PM   #6866
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Hello serbian collegues! Might you please help me with some insight into your road network?
I'm planning a car trip from Bucharest towards Montenegro in September (and beyond), with an overnight in Belgrad. My biggest worry is the route towards Zablijak in Montenegro, as GMaps makes it really confusing and I don't trust it. So what route do you recommend for a non-stop drive from Belgrad? Also, how good and how busy are the roads in question? And an estimative time? I'm really hoping I'll get to use some stretches of the A2 by then .

Cheers!

LE: the original plan was to drive non-stop from Belgrad all the way to Budva via the Tara river canion, but it seems that is pretty much impossible in a day... Or?
Old July 25th, 2016, 06:11 PM   #6867
rajko.

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
This picture must be from the Milošević-era. Do You know what year this is? I think it must be around 1995. Is that right?
It was the military wing of the Serbian secret police, and actually some of them participated in the arrest of their former boss Milosevic few months before this protest. This protest ended with the capitulation of the Serbian Government which at the time was led by Djindjic.
Their condition to stop this protests was that the government appoint as a chief of special police a person who suits the protest organizers. Djindjic planned to deal with them later and to dissolve this unit, but they attacked first and killed him a year and a half later.
rajko. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:35 PM   #6868
definitivo

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
Hello serbian collegues! Might you please help me with some insight into your road network?
I'm planning a car trip from Bucharest towards Montenegro in September (and beyond), with an overnight in Belgrad. My biggest worry is the route towards Zablijak in Montenegro, as GMaps makes it really confusing and I don't trust it. So what route do you recommend for a non-stop drive from Belgrad? Also, how good and how busy are the roads in question? And an estimative time? I'm really hoping I'll get to use some stretches of the A2 by then .

Cheers!

LE: the original plan was to drive non-stop from Belgrad all the way to Budva via the Tara river canion, but it seems that is pretty much impossible in a day... Or?
...Prijepolje (SRB) - Pljevlja (MNE) - Zabljak - Niksic is best option (for me) in MNE...after Niksic you can drive via Podgorica (if you are going to Budva) or to Kotor Bay (near Risan)...I can tell you "fresh info" after 15.08. ...

...Belgrade - Prijepolje (my sugestion)
Belgrade - Batocina A1 highway - Kragujevac - Cacak - Pozega - Uzice - Zlatibor - Kokin Brod - Prijepolje...
definitivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 10:43 PM   #6869
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Latest SAT Patrol, this time they drive to Montenegro's party town of Budva via Moraca canyon:

Old July 25th, 2016, 10:48 PM   #6870
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post

Instead of asking "is it possible", maybe you should ask yourself if you want to. If you have time and money, it would be more enjoyable to stop somewhere.

I have gone from Belgrade to the coast in one day before, and I don't want to do it again until a motorway is built.
Old July 27th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #6871
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Golubac gets a tunnel and a bypass route around the fortress – The value of the project EUR 2.3 million

Quote:
Tuesday, 07/26/2016|15:04 | Source: Tanjug

The tunnel and the bypass route around the Golubac Fortress, a project worth EUR 2.3 million, were officially opened on Tuesday, July 26.

This is a part of the project “Revitalization of the Golubac Fortress”, which began in 2012 and which is financed with EUR 6.5 million by the EU and carried out by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) in cooperation with the European Integration Office and the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications.

The value of the construction of the section of the total length of 760 meters, consisting of the bypass route and a 150-meter tunnel, amounts to EUR 2.3 million.

Cars used to pass through the fortress itself before, and the tunnel, which has 152 meters of length, 12 meters of width and seven meters of height, will ease the traffic on this section of the Djerdap highway. The tunnel has been built in line with the European standards, using 2,500 cubic meters of concrete, and it will also contribute to the development of tourism in this part of Serbia.

The tunnel and the bypass route were opened by the head of the Delegation of the EU to Serbia, Michael Davenport, and the Ambassador of Austria, Johannes Eigner, in the presence of Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic and members of the Government – the ministers Nebojsa Stefanovic, Rasim Ljajic and Jadranka Joksimovic, representatives of the ADA, the Municipality of Golubac and the enterprise Golubac Fortress.

– By investing in the Danube and the Golubac area, life may return to eastern Serbia – Vucic said at the ceremony and emphasized that Serbia would especially focus on road and water infrastructure on the Danube.

Vucic said the the government would do everything in its power to draw eastern Serbia closer to Belgrade, but also that the reconstruction of the Golubac Fortress would continue with the monetary aid of the EU.
Old July 27th, 2016, 05:45 PM   #6872
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Latest SAT Patrol, this time they drive to Montenegro's party town of Budva via Moraca canyon:

So sad they didn't include english subtitles on Youtube, this show looks prety nice but I can't understand a single word...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:40 PM   #6873
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
Instead of asking "is it possible", maybe you should ask yourself if you want to. If you have time and money, it would be more enjoyable to stop somewhere.

I have gone from Belgrade to the coast in one day before, and I don't want to do it again until a motorway is built.
Well, I was planning of spending the night in Zabljac, as a pit-stop and as a detour in order to see the Tara river canyon. That's why I was asking about the road along the canyon towards Mojkovac. Is it a scenic road in itself, will a get good views of the canyon, or am I wasting time, fuel and miles on my car? (especially if it's a poor road, anyone know for sure?) Cause I am going to see the Tara canyon bridge, that's for sure, maybe some rafting, after that should I drive the scenic route, if any, or head directly towards Budva, and save the hours for a drive up Lovcen national park?

Sorry for hijaking the thread, still, I am asking about infrastructure . Cheers!
Old July 29th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #6874
rajko.

gr_kanev liked this post
Old July 29th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #6875
rajko.

gr_kanev liked this post
Old July 31st, 2016, 06:48 PM   #6876
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Nothing new in Serbistan...

Quote:
Construction works on the tunnels on Corridor 11 late – Government expecting the opening of Ljig-Preljina section in late August

Sunday, 07/31/2016|14:37 | Source: Tanjug

Deputy Prime Minister Zorana Mihajlovic visited the construction site on the Ljig-Preljina section on Saturday, July 30, and determined that the schedule wasn’t being adhered to.

It was determined that not all sections had been paved, that metal fences hadn’t been installed, that not all concreting works had been completed and that the builders were yet to install the vertical and horizontal signaling systems. As well, road surface needs to be repaired in two tunnels (Sarani and Brdjani), the lighting needs to be installed and a lot of finishing work remains to be done.

Corridors of Serbia and the main contractor, Azvirt, announced that the construction works would be completed by August 25.

It was concluded on the occasion of the minister’s visit that the cooperation with Azvirt and the subcontractor, Energoprojekt, had been excellent, but that there were clearly problems with the subcontractor responsible for the tunnels.

– I expect them to step up the works and to complete them according to the schedule in cooperation with Corridors of Serbia. This is neither the first nor the last control, and the only aim is to help Corridors of Serbia to complete the job. The deadline is there to be honored and the Government of Serbia expects the section to be open to traffic in late August – Mihajlovic said.

The Ljig-Preljina section is 40.36 km long, and the cost of the works on the section of Corridor 11 which should shorten the traveling time from Belgrade to Cacak amounts to EUR 308 million and employs 101 local companies.

panchevo liked this post
Old July 31st, 2016, 11:46 PM   #6877
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Belgrade's Ada Bridge in fresh aerial video:

Sentilj liked this post
Old July 31st, 2016, 11:52 PM   #6878
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Speaking of bridges, they've just announced the next phase of Belgrade's outer ring expressway (SMT)
Aparently, they've begun expropriation and other legal matters that will allow for the "Ada Huja" Danube bridge construction to begin sometime in 2018.

Old August 1st, 2016, 07:43 AM   #6879
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

As from the words of the Deputy PM, it looks as if there were works till late October
Who did create that name for the bridge?(In Polish transcription it is Ade Ch**e)!
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:57 PM   #6880
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Who did create that name for the bridge?(In Polish transcription it is Ade Ch**e)!
Quote:
Ada Huja was previously an island, as its name suggests (ada huja, Turkish/Serbian for rustle island).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Huja
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija