daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2016, 08:17 PM   #6961
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3507

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdude View Post
What about LOT Srpska Kuća – Levosoje. It will be open next year, right?
unfortunately I am not familiar with the situation that section, we will have to wait for someone with the news from the field...
but personally, I doubt it..

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2016, 09:49 PM   #6962
Stefan-SRB

Likes (Received): 376

I found video clip from July.

http://www.putevi-srbije.rs/index.ph...4%87a-levosoje

Maybe summer 2017.

panchevo liked this post
Stefan-SRB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:52 AM   #6963
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchevo View Post
unfortunately I am not familiar with the situation that section, we will have to wait for someone with the news from the field...
but personally, I doubt it..

If I had some magic to turn clockwise the route E70, and point it towards Romania, do you think it would bring more traffic into Serbia? The transit traffic can be routed via E75 towards Hungary. I don't mean to cause any disrespect to anyone, but I just want to look at the motorways from a different angle.... Lets just explore some other options.

Too bad that Serbia does not even have 2 +1 towards Timisoara....
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 07:00 AM   #6964
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

I don't get it: you want traffic from Romania towards Hungary to go through Belgrade?

LE: and if you want a straight line from Belgrade towards Drobeta and Craiova (so that E70 won't make a detour towards Timisoara). please keep in mind that you will encounter Iron Gate gorge. That area should be kept for tourism and not developed for transit traffic.

For the moment some people from Craiova area are suggesting that a direct link between Craiova and Belgrade (towards Italy, southern France and Spain) can be develop using Vidin-Calafat bridge. But that means cooperation from Bulgarian, Roumanian and Serbian gobvernment side for upgrading Craiova - Vidin - Zajecar - Paracin route. I'm not talking about highway status (won't get enough traffic I guess) but some improvments (city by-passing, some erebuilding, etc...) could do magic. But since I have never used that route I can not say what needs to be done.

Last edited by pasadia; September 2nd, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 11:08 AM   #6965
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

I didn't understand what he told... but by the way, Romanians are talking more and more about the possible Timisoara-Belgrad highway...

The last week, it came a news about the fact that during september, the agency who work on the project (ADR Vest - Agency for Development of West region) will get 12 millions € from EU to make the studies necessary about the route which this highway could use and all the technical details...

http://www.opiniatimisoarei.ro/super...una/26/08/2016 (in romanian)

For me this is the most exciting project of all west Romania, Belgrade is so close... but yet so far because of the actual road conditions (even if the pavement is great, there is to much cities (with a 50km/h speed limit) on the road for example...). But let's hope that this project will not take decades like some others in Romania...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 11:32 AM   #6966
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post

For the moment some people from Craiova area are suggesting that a direct link between Craiova and Belgrade (towards Italy, southern France and Spain) can be develop using Vidin-Calafat bridge. But that means cooperation from Bulgarian, Roumanian and Serbian gobvernment side for upgrading Craiova - Vidin - Zajecar - Paracin route.
Serbian Minister Mihajlova (?) suggested last month to develop the Vidin - Zajecar - Paracin route, e.g. by linking the railway Serbia - Bulgaria. No clue if these words will see a follow-up...
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 12:47 PM   #6967
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
Serbian Minister Mihajlova (?) suggested last month to develop the Vidin - Zajecar - Paracin route, e.g. by linking the railway Serbia - Bulgaria. No clue if these words will see a follow-up...
Zorana Mihajlović.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 03:36 PM   #6968
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
I don't get it: you want traffic from Romania towards Hungary to go through Belgrade?

LE: and if you want a straight line from Belgrade towards Drobeta and Craiova (so that E70 won't make a detour towards Timisoara). please keep in mind that you will encounter Iron Gate gorge. That area should be kept for tourism and not developed for transit traffic.

For the moment some people from Craiova area are suggesting that a direct link between Craiova and Belgrade (towards Italy, southern France and Spain) can be develop using Vidin-Calafat bridge. But that means cooperation from Bulgarian, Roumanian and Serbian gobvernment side for upgrading Craiova - Vidin - Zajecar - Paracin route. I'm not talking about highway status (won't get enough traffic I guess) but some improvments (city by-passing, some erebuilding, etc...) could do magic. But since I have never used that route I can not say what needs to be done.
I meant the better highway link between Belgrade and Timisoara. Would it generate enough traffic ? It would be next to impossible to re route anyone from Romania via Belgrade to Hungary. That route makes sense only for our Southern neighbors.
Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:13 PM   #6969
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
Minister Mihajlović is a crooked lying bitch so do not take her seriously

vectom, Robertkc liked this post
panchevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:18 PM   #6970
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I meant the better highway link between Belgrade and Timisoara. Would it generate enough traffic ?
Long story short, no. Not sufficient for highway standards at least, but it would be nice to have a motorway link from belgrade to timisoara
Old September 2nd, 2016, 08:34 PM   #6971
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Long story short, no. Not sufficient for highway standards at least, but it would be nice to have a motorway link from belgrade to timisoara
And redirecting this traffic of Romania via Hungary (Szeged) to Beograd makes no sense, as there need to be paid a vignette to use the Hungarian highway and it is a big detour.

panchevo liked this post
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:12 AM   #6972
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7669

Belgrade's planned 3rd Danube bridge, at Ada Huja, part of the city's outer ring expressway (SMT) got a major boost today - the city's urban planning/land development agency launched a public tender for initial design & feasibility study

Luki_SL, winnipeg, ChrisZwolle liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2016, 03:34 PM   #6973
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2203

Quote:
I meant the better highway link between Belgrade and Timisoara. Would it generate enough traffic
You will probably see motorway from 50km out of Belgrade to what will eventually be a full Belgrade ring complete with new Danube bridges. Beyond 50km I think each country will have higher priorities somewhere else for many years. EG the A1 might require 3x3 improvement.

panchevo liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2016, 08:46 AM   #6974
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
You will probably see motorway from 50km out of Belgrade to what will eventually be a full Belgrade ring complete with new Danube bridges. Beyond 50km I think each country will have higher priorities somewhere else for many years. EG the A1 might require 3x3 improvement.
Speaking of the E70 Belgrade - Croatian border, do you think the traffic numbers are decent, or it's just during the summer days? I know the highway dates back to the fake Yugo brotherhood days, but I just wanted to know what are the numbers in today's era.

I drove from Ruma to Belgrade Airport, while I was paying the toll at Simanovci, the guest workers were arriving with much older German cars wth German plates and other EU countries. (Like lots 10-15 years old cars.) Me and my brothers were expecting more strict regulations and newer cars...
Old September 4th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #6975
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Speaking of the E70 Belgrade - Croatian border, do you think the traffic numbers are decent, or it's just during the summer days? I know the highway dates back to the fake Yugo brotherhood days, but I just wanted to know what are the numbers in today's era.

I drove from Ruma to Belgrade Airport, while I was paying the toll at Simanovci, the guest workers were arriving with much older German cars wth German plates and other EU countries. (Like lots 10-15 years old cars.) Me and my brothers were expecting more strict regulations and newer cars...
wtf 10-15 year old cars? yeah they were driving trabants and old beetles
i have been waiting with with those "guest workers" (mainly turks) on the border for more than an hour many times this year, and all I could see are relatively new cars (less than 10 years), and if there were older than 10, those were mainly mercedes, bmw, audi...
turks are primarily low-qualified workers so you cannot expect them to drive brand new S class (although you can see those as well)

btw here is a map form 2013. that shows the traffic volume on srb roads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEngineer View Post
Pa na ovom linku sto sam postavio iznad ima poslednja iz 2013.
http://www.putevi-srbije.rs/images/p...3_B1_Model.pdf

sponge_bob, Stefan-SRB liked this post

Last edited by panchevo; September 4th, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old September 4th, 2016, 01:56 PM   #6976
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2203

Quote:
Points to a need for a motorway from north of Pancevo to Uzice in the SW but traffic thins noticeably thereafter.

Maybe a half profile motorway or partial half profile (town bypasses) further on.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2016, 02:24 PM   #6977
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Points to a need for a motorway from north of Pancevo to Uzice in the SW but traffic thins noticeably thereafter.

Maybe a half profile motorway or partial half profile (town bypasses) further on.
there is a plan for vinca bridge that will connect bubanj potok interchange with the road to vršac (and romania), the connection will pass alongside the southern industrial zone of pančevo (which generates a lot of heavy traffic and is one of the biggest industrial zones in the country if not the biggest),
it will further reduce the traffic on the main (now the only) pančevo-belgrade connection (marked red on the map due to the high volume of traffic), and furthermore, the pančevac bridge...
the connection with vršac road will act as a genuine bypass and will relive couple of main streets of pančevo (marked orange on the map, but don't get fooled because it is not a bypass but goes straight through the outer parts of the city)
therefore northern bypass is not necessary, although I am an advocate of connecting the northern part of the town with pupin's bridge and the belgrade's nst but plain old 1+1 road will be enough as long as the connection with bubanj potok via vinča bridge is built (which btw we cannot expect to happen any time soon for sure)
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:44 AM   #6978
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7669

More info regarding the new Ada Huja bridge...

Quote:
Tender for conceptual design and feasibility study for Ada Huja bridge called
Sunday, 09/04/2016|22:57 | Source: Blic
sr de

The Belgrade Land Development Public Agency has called a tender for the preparation of a conceptual design and a feasibility study for the new bridge on the Danube, at Ada Huja.

The project made by the Faculty of Civil Engineering envisions four bridge constructions with the main span of 200 meters of width, whereas the total length, together with access structures, would be as much as 3,350 meters.

The bridge is envisioned as a part of the “Outer Tangent” main route, and the deadline period for the preparation of the project and the study is 380 days. The construction, then, won’t start before 2018, at best.

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 08:01 AM   #6979
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
wtf 10-15 year old cars? yeah they were driving trabants and old beetles
i have been waiting with with those "guest workers" (mainly turks) on the border for more than an hour many times this year, and all I could see are relatively new cars (less than 10 years), and if there were older than 10, those were mainly mercedes, bmw, audi...
turks are primarily low-qualified workers so you cannot expect them to drive brand new S class (although you can see those as well)

Thanks for the map.
Old September 6th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #6980
rajko.

Likes (Received): 336

winnipeg, bratislav liked this post
rajko. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija