daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2016, 09:22 PM   #7001
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

I love the map! And I'm looking forward to a map that puts the road projects of RO, BG and MD together.

Alpin, not_just_a_lurker, Дisiдent liked this post
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2016, 02:45 AM   #7002
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

The maps is interesting even if it is sad that the one who published it didn't produced an english version...

Also a better map for Balkans should be a community road quality map like the excellent romanian one, it would be an incredible help to travel in the Balkans!!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 02:47 AM   #7003
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7669

I for one would like to see an A/HU or RO/BG map, and how it compares when it comes to major road objects, such as tunnels, bridges & viaducts.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:41 AM   #7004
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Moving on...

With this Sunday's opening of the first motorway section of the Banja Luka-Belgrade motorway in Serb Republic, the ball is now in Serbia's court... it seems like we might finally see the Fruska Gora corridor fast-tracked after years of delays.

Clumsy translation by Google:

Quote:
The project, but money - Financing decision Fruškogorskog corridors only after the completion of documentation
Monday, 12. 09. 2016 | 15: 46 | Source: News

Start of construction of high-speed road from Novi Sad to Ruma was announced many times, and one of the deadlines was and June this year. However, in order to see the first outlines of Fruškogorskog corridor will need at least another year. The works, which are preceded by a series of actions, not yet even begun.

The Ministry of Construction said that the preliminary design with a feasibility study of high-speed road from Novi Sad to the start of the bypass around Ruma and it is currently working project and technical documentation.

- On the part of the route of the future road that runs through the urban area of ​​Novi Sad during the preparation of plans of detailed regulation which synchronize with other physical facilities in the area where the project will be realized. It is early to talk about a timetable for the commencement of works, documentation given the opportunity and basis for next year start the process of making a decision on the start of construction, followed by discussions and decisions about sources and methods of funding and selection of contractors - explained in the relevant ministry.

The idea of ​​cutting a tunnel through Fruska Gora was first introduced in 2007, but is that and more. With the formation of the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure, the project was returned to the priorities. The authorities have, however, announcing the first works to June this year, apparently overlooked that the preparation of the documentation and the necessary plans and permits, it can take.

- All the time while building Fruškogorskog corridor talk, there was no preliminary design, a contract for its manufacture was signed only in June last year - stated in the relevant ministry.

I still do not know where to get money for the construction of this road, which does not belong to the category of highways, because it will have twice two lanes wide by 3.5 meters, but will have no emergency lane.

- After the approval of the preliminary design and feasibility study by the Republic of the review commission will be known data on the cost of building Fruškogorskog corridor, which is essential to consider financing models. In order to speed up the implementation of the project, at a recent meeting with the Prime Minister of Vojvodina agreed to jointly urge the Ministry of Finance to provide funds for expropriation and to simultaneously talk on the model of financing - stated in the relevant ministry.

Old September 14th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #7005
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

New Danube bridge and Serbia's longest road tunnel (~3,500m) would be part of this crucial corridor.

Old September 14th, 2016, 08:54 AM   #7006
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

[QUOTE=CrazySerb;135303677]Contract for Surcin-Obrenovac section of A2 (Belgrade-Bar motorway) officially settled, signing expected at China-CEE nations summit in Riga before year's end...

While this section of motorway to connect Belgrad with the E-763 and further south is an important missing link, for me the link in Belgrad is in the wrong part of the city, namely New Belgrad.

The link should ideally be near to where the regional road 204 intersects to the Belgrad Ring Road, near Železnik. I can't imagine any one from the Šumadia part of Belgrad traveling north to New Belgrad, crossing the Sava river, only to re-cross the Sava to head south again.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #7007
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Surprisingly good news today, looks like now with the Nis-Dimitrovgrad(BG border) motorway, as well as the first stage of Belgrade-Bar motorway (up to Cacak) nearing completion, we now have Belgrade-Timisoara(RO) motorway moving forward ...

Quote:

Serbien und Rumänien beginnen bald mit Planung der Autobahn Belgrad-Timisoara - Demnächst Ausschreibung im Wert von 10 Mio. EUR

Mittwoch, 14. 09. 2016.|15:29 | Quelle: eVrsac

Das öffentliche Unternehmen "Putevi Srbije" und das Ministerium für Bau, Verkehr und Infrastruktur sollten spätestens in zwei Wochen einen Vertrag über die Umsetzung eines Projekts der grenzüberschreitenden Zusammenarbeit mit Vertretern des Ressortministeriums und zuständigen Institutionen in Rumänien unterzeichnen, der den Bau der Autobahn Belgrad-Timisoara vorsieht, erfährt das Portal evršac.

Das Projekt schließt die Erstellung einer Durchführbarkeitsstudie, der Projekt- und technischen Unterlagen sowie des Hauptprojekts der Autobahn ein. Um den Auftrag im Wert über 10 Mio. EUR können sich einheimische und ausländische Projektunternehmen nach der Ausschreibung eines EU-Vergabeverfahrens bewerben.
Old September 14th, 2016, 05:55 PM   #7008
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post

While this section of motorway to connect Belgrad with the E-763 and further south is an important missing link, for me the link in Belgrad is in the wrong part of the city, namely New Belgrad.

The link should ideally be near to where the regional road 204 intersects to the Belgrad Ring Road, near Železnik. I can't imagine any one from the Šumadia part of Belgrad traveling north to New Belgrad, crossing the Sava river, only to re-cross the Sava to head south again.

Well, it goes both ways my friend - we Zemun folk are also tired of playing second fiddle to the Belgrade crowd.
I say good riddance this project was adopted, why would I want to cross the river to enter the motorway towards Montenegro?

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 14th, 2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:20 PM   #7009
smokiboy

Crazy, I'm not sure I understand what you meant. If you live i Zemun, New Bgd, or anywhere north of there this proposed new connection at Sučin is most convenient, and you only have to cross the Sava once on your way further south. However if you live in Old Belgrad and nearby areas, in order to stay on a motorway as much as possible you have to go north and then eventually south again, crossing the Sava twice. Probably would be easier to see my point on a map.
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #7010
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, that's exactly what I meant.
I'm from Zemun, Gornji grad so obviously I won't complain about this

It has to be said though, the only reason they're really going forward with this option is due to the
high cost of fixing up the landslide-prone area at Umka, which is something that will eventually have to be done.
Maybe once that's complete, we might have an expressway of some kind there.

smokiboy liked this post
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:42 PM   #7011
smokiboy

Yeah, the Umka route woud have also been a very good choice.
Old September 15th, 2016, 09:03 AM   #7012
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14602

The old plan (in red) was for the A2 to intersect with the bypass much closer to the river, which would mean a shorter connection to the old part of the city (in magenta). For reasons that were never disclosed to the public it was decided to move the motorway farther to the north, and intersect it at Surčin. This not only lengthened the motorway, but will make drivers use the old road to Obrenovac to get on the motorway.
The old plan would have made no difference to the access from the new part of the city, or for traffic coming from the north on A1 and A3.

panchevo, smokiboy liked this post
Arnorian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM   #7013
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

They did it because, well, because they can and they want everybody who uses their head to gtfo from that country so they could have an easier time milking the cow.
Anyway, CIP did the preliminary project, and obviously, they friggin can't do anything right! What a mess.

panchevo liked this post
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:21 PM   #7014
smokiboy

Thanks Arnorian for making this map, this is exactly what I was mentioning earlier. Why all the secrecy in deciding the final route? I really don't understand, for the government the red route is the less expensive choice, and clearly better. I still would have kept the red route entirely on the Šumadija side, that is south of the Sava river. Was there ever an official explanation?
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:31 PM   #7015
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3998

Quote:
Thanks Arnorian for making this map, this is exactly what I was mentioning earlier. Why all the secrecy in deciding the final route? I really don't understand, for the government the red route is the less expensive choice, and clearly better. I still would have kept the red route entirely on the Šumadija side, that is south of the Sava river. Was there ever an official explanation?
Landslide in Umka.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #7016
Arnorian

Quote:
There is a massive landslide zone all along the right side of the river at Umka and Ostružnica. It would take years to do a proper stabilization by building a rock layer at the riverbank, on which the motorway would run. Some dislocation of the river bad would be necessary, too. But the quantity of rock needed would be enormous, and it would delay the motorway for many years.

So the decision to route the motorway on the left bank is understandable. But why drag the interchange all the way to Surčin, wiggling around Jakovo, is a mistery.
Old September 15th, 2016, 06:29 PM   #7017
smokiboy

But why coundn't they take the route roughly from Železnik-west of Srmečica-Meljak?
Old September 15th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #7018
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

I guess the whole route is about 10 km longer when you start at Ostružnica interchange. That's not that much at all...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 07:08 PM   #7019
smokiboy

10km is not that much, but it is simply in the wrong place, especially the 'blue' route.
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:02 PM   #7020
Arnorian

Quote:
But why coundn't they take the route roughly from Železnik-west of Srmečica-Meljak?
The terrain is rough, multiple tunnels and viaducts would be needed. Turn on terrain view on Google Maps and see for yourself.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija