daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2016, 05:11 PM   #7081
cosmiyellow

Likes (Received): 8

Niš - Dimitrovgrad

Two days ago I drove from Beograd to Sofia. The Bela Palanka bypass is now open to traffic at a length of maybe 20km (I didn't pay attention to the odometer). I was very surprised with the very bad quality of the pavement which was full with potholes, partially really deep, like the road has been used for decades. Also it was raining and at least in six locations there were dangerous lakes of water on the pavement. I hope there will be final works and they will be better than the current ones. I can't imagine that the road will be delivered as it is now.

Last edited by cosmiyellow; October 12th, 2016 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added title
cosmiyellow no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:28 PM   #7082
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

About 13km since 30th December 2015.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 10:55 PM   #7083
satanism

Likes (Received): 5493

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmiyellow View Post
Two days ago I drove from Beograd to Sofia. The Bela Palanka bypass is now open to traffic at a length of maybe 20km (I didn't pay attention to the odometer). I was very surprised with the very bad quality of the pavement which was full with potholes, partially really deep, like the road has been used for decades. Also it was raining and at least in six locations there were dangerous lakes of water on the pavement. I hope there will be final works and they will be better than the current ones. I can't imagine that the road will be delivered as it is now.
The last layer of asphalt is missing there.Hence the potholes and the speed limit...
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 03:40 AM   #7084
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
The last layer of asphalt is missing there.Hence the potholes and the speed limit...
It's missing? It went missing? Nope! It was never put there in the first place! Good for nothing populist crooks were trying to open the motorway section in time for their elections campaign this year, so screw the final asphalt layer! No wonder people are dying on this stretch these days.

panchevo liked this post
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:16 AM   #7085
satanism

'Yello
Did they open part of Pirot-Dimitrovgrad today?I saw info somewhere that this was the plan?
Also, on A1 after BG, direction Nis, do we still check-in at the old toll station or already at the new one?I know they diverted traffic around Vrcin, but not sure about tickets/ENP.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 09:42 AM   #7086
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7676

Slow news week, so just a nice pic...Paracin-Zajecar road:

Old October 23rd, 2016, 09:45 AM   #7087
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Oh and yeah, during today's events that marked the anniversary of Novi Sad's liberation from Nazi Germany, it was announced that some form for funding has been set aside for long delayed Subotica bypass road. Works are expected to commence immediately.

satanism liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:50 AM   #7088
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Finally, new date for Ljig-Preljina (A2) motorway opening...
By the end of October because the new contract deadline is 31st October. I found a news article reporting that the autoput is announced to be opened on 31st October.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:41 PM   #7089
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3514

Quote:
'Yello
Did they open part of Pirot-Dimitrovgrad today?I saw info somewhere that this was the plan?
as per the latest info from the construction sites (and not the government-controlled media nor the propaganda-website of "krodiori srbije"), the section pirot-dimitrovgrad will have to wait for the dimitrovgrad bypass section to be partially opened as a "semi-motorway" and the plan for that to happen is the very end of the year.
the contractor in charge of dimitrovgrad bypass (aktor) is working hard now (after practically doing nothing for months), especially in those hills above the village of Gradine (close to the border) which need to be dynamited,
but it will depend on the weather as well...

simondanut, gr_kanev, EasySeven liked this post
panchevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 10:47 AM   #7090
clickgr

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmiyellow View Post
How is the condition of the road at the Bulgarian side? It is really weird that 2 big and significant European capitals which are located in relatively close distance one another, are not connected via a good highway.
clickgr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #7091
cosmiyellow

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickgr View Post
How is the condition of the road at the Bulgarian side? It is really weird that 2 big and significant European capitals which are located in relatively close distance one another, are not connected via a good highway.
From the borders to Slivnica (a 26 km section) it is 1+1 with a few curves, most of them immediately after the borders. From Slivnica to Sofia it is another 22 km of a 2+2 regular road (not grade separated), almost straight to the Sofia ring road. Altogether 30 min driving from the borders to the ring road.
cosmiyellow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM   #7092
clickgr

Thanks. So if I understood correctly the biggest issue is the part between the borders and Nis. According to goggle maps it must be around 1h 30 min driving on a bad road.
Old October 25th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #7093
satanism

The road is absolutely fine I would say, just seems narrow after x00km's of motorways, when you come from the West.After you pass the fist 20km in the gorge, it's no strain at all to drive on it..And it takes much less than 90mins between the end of the motorway at Nis and the border crossing.

panchevo liked this post
Old October 25th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #7094
clickgr

Quote:
The road is absolutely fine I would say, just seems narrow after x00km's of motorways, when you come from the West.After you pass the fist 20km in the gorge, it's no strain at all to drive on it..And it takes much less than 90mins between the end of the motorway at Nis and the border crossing.
So the story about the deep potholes is it true or not? Even if it takes less than 90 minutes, for a distance of around 100km between Nis and the border, even an hour of driving is too long for the road to be justified as highway.
Old October 25th, 2016, 06:47 PM   #7095
satanism

There are some uneven stretches, here and there, especially on the motorway stretch around Bela Palanka. But I wouldn't say the road generally is in bad shape.
Old October 26th, 2016, 01:17 AM   #7096
gr_kanev

Likes (Received): 422

I have some videos - 14.08.2016 Sofia-Nis (full, but in the night) and 10.09.2016 Nis-Sofia (daylight, but mostrly in Serbia). Here they are :

panchevo liked this post

Last edited by gr_kanev; October 26th, 2016 at 07:17 AM.
gr_kanev no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 07:42 AM   #7097
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Couldn't help but chuckle a bit ...

I guess most of you know what Serbs are like

Food is one of life's priorities. Portions are important. The more meat, the better.

Hence, while motorways are yet to be completed, people are already discussing where good grub can be had along them...

^
So, it turns out "Kod Miće" is good pit-stop:

Robertkc liked this post
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 09:34 AM   #7098
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

[SRB] Serbia | road infrastructure • Auto-putevi / Aуто-путеви

I miss a high way exit to the restaurant / parking lot
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #7099
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Couldn't help but chuckle a bit ...

So, it turns out "Kod Miće" is good pit-stop:

Cough cough, it's "Kod Mića", since the guy is Mićo, instead of Mića.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #7100
Stefan-SRB

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
By the end of October because the new contract deadline is 31st October. I found a news article reporting that the autoput is announced to be opened on 31st October.
New date,new delays Ljig - Preljina is set to open on 6th November.

Source on Serbian:
http://www.blic.rs/vesti/ekonomija/s...u-rigi/n8szjjf

panchevo, MichiH liked this post
Stefan-SRB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija