daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 7th, 2017, 10:12 AM   #7241
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Costs for design planning are the same but construction costs for building the first carriageway would be reduced by about 25..30%. However, adding the 2nd carriageway would be more expensive if it's built one day.

For safety reasons, e.g. if traffic has a high truck share, it might be better to build a full-profile motorway.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

panchevo, SRC_100, roaddor liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #7242
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Costs for design planning are the same but construction costs for building the first carriageway would be reduced by about 25..30%. However, adding the 2nd carriageway would be more expensive if it's built one day.

For safety reasons, e.g. if traffic has a high truck share, it might be better to build a full-profile motorway.
Well, i always hate people saying this decision is the only possible all others are stupid. When german motorways were built in the 6ties nobody dreamed of making them 3+3. But nowadys one could be more clever. But still new overpasses and bridges are built, which must be demolished later, if widening takes place. Even on stretches, where widening is concerned or even planned.

So taking into account the situation, i think the serbians (and others) are often much more clever then the germans for example.

On the other hand the hungarian idea of building an expressway like M85/M86 and saving some 3% by making the emergency line out of gravel is so obviosly stupid...

But one should not forget the overall situation i think. And in comparison to our german motorway building, most eastern european countries excel....

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

Last edited by belerophon; February 8th, 2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Typo
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #7243
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Sorry, I don't get what you wanna say "i always hate people saying this decision is the only possible all others are stupid". I hope you don't hate me

I just said that there might be advantages (saving 25..30% of funding) and disadvantages (building 2nd c/w will be more expensive one day, less improvement for road safety now).

You brought former German Autobahn construction to this discussion. Looking back, some bridges were built for roads which have never been built (so-called "Soda-Brücken" = Bridge to nowhere) or space was reserved for future widening (more expensive due to wider overpasses et cetera) but there's still no demand at all. It was waste of money!

I think, if there's demand for a motorway, build a motorway. If there's not enough funding, make shorter sections. Each section completed improves the situation even if steps are small.

If there's no demand for a motorway, build a normal 2-/3-laned road only.

Generally, roads are built for future demand!

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

roaddor, panchevo liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #7244
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

I see nothing wrong with half profile where demand is uncertain...and the EU is paying a lot of the cost.

I would only dual long climbing sections to provide a crawler lane forctrucks and buses.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:27 PM   #7245
BG_AT

Likes (Received): 13

Hello !

I want to ask if it is true what i see in the German car-driver-club "ADAC" that in serbia the highway part of the A4 from "Ciflik - Stanicenje" has been openend on the 28.12.2016 ?

Why does Google Maps still doesnt show it ? :/
BG_AT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #7246
panchevo
pseudosveshtenik

Likes (Received): 3522

čiflik-stancienje is open for traffic but without the final layer of asphalt and it has the speed limit of 80km/h...

BG_AT liked this post
panchevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:35 PM   #7247
Negjana

Likes (Received): 144

Forget Google Maps, use http://www.openstreetmap.org

belerophon, sponge_bob liked this post
Negjana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #7248
BG_AT

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchevo View Post
čiflik-stancienje is open for traffic but without the final layer of asphalt and it has the speed limit of 80km/h...
Ah okay, maybe because of the google maps has still doesnt updated that part :/ could be.

and when will that final part be made?
BG_AT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #7249
not_just_a_lurker

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_AT View Post
Ah okay, maybe because of the google maps has still doesnt updated that part :/ could be.

and when will that final part be made?
Google maps are generally slow to update. Even the new fully-completed Ljig-Preljina motorway opened more than 3 months ago isn't there yet.
not_just_a_lurker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:27 PM   #7250
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7689

Just a nice pic... Beska bridge last month:

Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:06 PM   #7251
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Great pic of Beška Bridge and what looks like some ice flooting down river.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 03:34 AM   #7252
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

23 January 2017

Key highway sections to be completed in Serbia in 2017

Quote:
A series of major highway sections in Serbia should be completed during 2017, including work to two stretches of the key Corridor 10 project. In all, some 122km of highways are expected to be opened to traffic in Serbia during 2017.

Greek contractor Actor is building an 18km stretch of Corridor 10 that runs from Surcin to Obrenovac part. This firm is also building a 19.5km section of Corridor 10 from the Ostruznica Bridge that spans the Sava River to Bubanj Potok, and a further 10km section leading to Bubanj Potok. The Srpska Kuca to Levosoje stretch of highway meanwhile is being built by a group of companies.

Costing €297.4 million, the Belgrade-South Adriatic highway project is being carried out by Chinese contractor Shandong High Speed Group. Funding has been delivered by China's Exim Bank. This is a complex highway project which includes the construction of 12 tunnel stretches as well as 234 bridges.

gr_kanev, funkyro, aleksandar_s liked this post
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:55 AM   #7253
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some newly released stats ...

- In 2016, some 43.024.087 vehicles (+3.688.505 y/y) passed through Serbia's motorway toll booths, generating 16,9 billion dinars (+9,32% on 2015) in toll revenue.

- First full month of tracked use saw 160.152 vehicles on the recenly opened Ljig-Preljina section of A2 motorway, or about 5.166 per day during the month of January.
Old February 7th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #7254
rajko.

Likes (Received): 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntom View Post
...the terrain is practically flat up to Rudare. Only about 20 km would be on mountainous terrain.
It's not flat at all. Not even close. Marosina-Prokuplje hilly, viaducts need to be made, bypass north of Prokuplje will cost a minimum as the one around Dimitrovgrad, Plocnik-Merdare, narrow meandering valley with river in the bottom, hills on both sides of the road, bad soil prone to landslide, a bunch of cuts and slopes need to be made...
rajko. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:09 PM   #7255
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Ski patrol to Zlatibor:

... and mini-patrol to Kopaonik:

Old February 9th, 2017, 06:21 PM   #7256
GhostBusters
BANNED

Likes (Received): 57

What about Autoput A4 ( Nis-Dimitrovgrad ) construction ?

2017 should be finish time ?!
GhostBusters no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #7257
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some issues have arisen lately...its nothing that wasn't already known to forumers, yet the government is pretending this is all new somehow...

Quote:

Serbia finds Aktor's motorway construction plan unsatisfactory

BELGRADE (Serbia), February 9 (SeeNews) - Serbia's infrastructure ministry said that Greek civil engineering group Aktor's plan to catch up on delays in the construction of parts of Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway is unsatisfactory.

According to the supervision and engineering experts at the ministry, the plan is unrealistic and does not comply with the contractual obligations of Aktor, the ministry said in a statement on Wednesday after infrastructure minister Zorana Mihajlovic met with Aktor executive director Dimitrios Koutras to present an analysis of the plan proposed by the Greek company.

Last week, the Serbian government said it planned to complete the analysis by February 8 before deciding how to proceed with construction works on the project and possibly terminate the contracts for some of the four sections awarded to Aktor.

"Aktor is not a small firm, it works everywhere in the region, but apparently has financial problems and has not hired enough workers to complete the construction, and relocates workers from one place to another. It has completed a little more than half of the 48 km stretch it is working on," local news agency Beta quoted Mihajlovic as saying last week.

The Greek company is building the Prosek-Crvena Reka, Crvena Reka-Ciflik, Stanicenje-Pirot sections and Dimitrovgrad bypass of the Nis-Dimitrovgrad motorway, part of pan-European Corridor X. Aktor is in charge of building two of three lots of the Prosek-Crvena Reka sections in consortium with Italian sector player Terna. In the Dimitrovgrad bypass project, Aktor is also executing two of three lots.

All of the sections, except for Lot 2 of Prosek-Crvena Reka, had to be completed by the end of 2016.

Corridor X is projected to connect Salzburg in Austria to the Greek port of Thessaloniki, passing through Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Macedonia.
- See more at: https://seenews.com/news/serbia-find....Qle0n8v5.dpuf

belerophon liked this post
Old February 12th, 2017, 09:06 AM   #7258
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Reconstruction of roundabout on Belgrade's Slavija square in full gear...

SRC_100, 8166UY liked this post
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #7259
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Prep works for Belgrade's newest Sava river bridge have begun - it will be about 1800 meters in length and its part of the Surcin-Obrenovac section of Belgrade-Bar motorway (A2)

Quote:
Preliminary work to build a bridge across the Sava in progress - Chinese to build 17.6 kilometers of Corridor 11 from Surcin and Obrenovac

Sunday, 12. 02. 2017 | 17: 43 | Source: BBC

As announced last year, construction of the section of Corridor 11 (highway between Belgrade and Cacak) from Surcin to Obrenovac was to be started in March.

However, the Mayor of Obrenovac Miroslav Čučković announced that they have already begun preparatory work for a new bridge at the mouth of the Kolubara and Sava, which is being built as part of this project.

As the President of the City Municipality said, with work to begin in a few days.

- Work began a few days ago, but I could not tell you exactly when it will be completed, is expected to take about three or four years - said Čučković.

The new bridge across the Sava will be 1,800 meters long, and these works are only part of the planned work on the section of Corridor 11, which includes construction of 11 bridges and overpasses.

Old February 14th, 2017, 05:21 AM   #7260
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Newly relocated Bubanj Potok toll gate starting to take shape...

SRC_100, gr_kanev liked this post

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija