daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #861
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Nice! I like it a lot!
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #862
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Amazing pics! Thanks. It seems you had a soft winter in Beograd, just perfect to build a bridge.
Can you tell me who the contractor is?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #863
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7676

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Amazing pics! Thanks. It seems you had a soft winter in Beograd, just perfect to build a bridge.
Can you tell me who the contractor is?
It's a consortium of three companies - Austria's PORR Technobau und Umwelt AG, Slovenia's SCT dd. and German DSD Bruckenbau GmbH.

Some news...

Quote:
"Corridor 10 to create 100,000 jobs"

15 April 2010 | 11:24 | Source: B92, Tanjug
DIMITROVGRAD -- Parliament speaker Slavica Đukić-Dejanović opened on Wednesday the works on the Dimitrovgrad bypass in eastern Serbia.

The bypass is located near the border with Bulgaria and is part of the Corridor 10 highway project.

At the ceremony, the speaker pointed out that the highway will create jobs for "around 100,000 people".

"Infrastructure projects are the hope for a better future for Serbia," Đukić-Dejanović said. Her fellow high ranking SPS official, Infrastructure Minister Milutin Mrkonjić, was also in attendance.

World Bank Regional Coordinator Jane Armitage, who was also present, said that the completion of Corridor 10 will help the Serbian economy by raising employment and bringing great profit to businesses.

Member of the Management Board of Public Enterprise Koridor 10 (Corridor 10) Nenad Ivanišević announced that the tender for the stretch from Dimtrovgrad to Pirot will be called early in May and that works should start in the summer.

The tender for the construction of the Dimitrovgrad bypass and the highway to the Bulgarian border is made up of two parts – a 5.8 kilometer section of road, including the loop, and seven bridges 20 to 500 meters in length.

Quote:
Contract on works on Zemun-Borca bridge signed

Belgrade, 15 April 2010 – Minister for the National Investment Plan Verica Kalanovic and Belgrade Mayor Dragan Djilas signed today with Vice-President of the China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) Lu Shan a contract on the works on the Zemun-Borca bridge.

The value of the contract is €170 million, Kalanovic said and added that the works should start in September.

The bridge will be 1.5 kilometres long and all works are expected to be completed by the end of 2013.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Regional Development Mladjan Dinkic, who attended the signing of the agreement, said that this project is important for Belgrade and Serbia because local construction companies and producers of the construction material will participate with 45%.

Dinkic stressed that this will enable further economic development of Belgrade, that is, the part of the city on the Danube’s left bank.

Up to 15% of funds will be provided from the NIP and the rest from loans granted by the Chinese Eksim Bank, while the costs of expropriation and technical preparations will be finance by the city.

Access roads of 21.5 km will also be built as part of the project.

Chinese Ambassador to Serbia Wei Jinghuau and the Chinese embassy’s First Secretary Zhang Dianbin also attended the signing.

The new bridge will be part of Belgrade's outer bypass, labeled "SMT" on this map:

Last edited by CrazySerb; April 15th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #864
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7676

Beska bridge progress:

Last edited by CrazySerb; April 19th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #865
mustek
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Yesterday they were working at night...
mustek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM   #866
Aig

Likes (Received): 0

borders and roads

Hi!

I'm planning to cross Serbia from Hungary to FYROM next sunday. Could anybody tell what's the current status of borders - which crossing points to choose for minimal wait time?
Also - what would be the quickest route - from Hungary straight to Serbia, or through Croatia ? (MS Autoroute 2010 recommends to drive through Croatia, ViaMichelin - not)
How can I pay for toll roads ? Cash/CC/Euro ?
Aig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:27 PM   #867
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

You just cross the border either at the Horgos(SR) or at the Kelebija(SR)-Tompa(HU) border crossing. If you cross at Horgos then you are already on the right way (E-75) and just follow it to Novi Sad, Belgrade, Nis, and Macedonia. If you cross at Kelebija-Tompa then just follow the road to Subotica and then to the highway to Novi Sad. Toll is payed at the toll stations and I would recommend you to pay in Cash and Dinars (there are exchange offices at the border Crossings) as I don't know if they accept Credit Cards or Euros.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM   #868
tasosGR

Likes (Received): 14

they accept euros,dont care...if you go through Croatia,then you have one more border pass(croatia-serbia).
At kelebia i thing its easier but this season there are no trafic at horgos(i suppose!)
tasosGR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM   #869
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

I recommend you exchange into Dinars, there are some toll collectors which may fool you to pay more in Euros.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM   #870
MareCar
BANNED

First time I hear of that?!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM   #871
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

It may be different to Serbians and foreigners. In fact, I believe I've read somewhere foreigners have to pay a higher toll, because they have more purchasing power.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM   #872
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It may be different to Serbians and foreigners. In fact, I believe I've read somewhere foreigners have to pay a higher toll, because they have more purchasing power.
i think they have quit that finally.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM   #873
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

That was normal in former Yugoslavia.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:39 PM   #874
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
It might be the exchange rate when you're paying in Euros. One year ago I paid the toll in Euros and a friend of mine payed directly in Dinars. I realized that my toll was slightly higher than his, but it was a very small difference and the good thing is they gave me back the change in Euros, not in local currency, as in Croatia or Norway, for example.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #875
MareCar
BANNED

Quote:
That isn't the case anymore. It was the case in the past, but that had to be changed according to EU regulations, so last year they raised the toll for domestic vehicles 18% to match the toll for foreign vehicles, and the toll is now even and the same for all, domestic and foreign vehicles.
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #876
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 405

That at pay toll is nothing, if you are traveling by bus through Serbia and Croatia, you will have to pay for border crossing. When entering Croatia from Slovenia, every passanger has to pay 5 euros, so that they won't bother us at the border, the same thing when leaving Croatia. Then at Serbian border you have to pay 5 euros too, in order to pass the border easily. So 15 euros in total. This is really true, I travelled few times, and the first time they asked us to pay I was shocked. But they only ask you to pay when you travel by bus, and I don't know for the other border crossing,s just theese.
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #877
MareCar
BANNED

Well it's only logical. They can strip-search every bus completely, and they will always find something ridiculous that should've been declared (carton of cigarettes, alcohol, prosciutto, cheese and other local specialties that can not be bought in the country that the bus travellers come from). So they can either search every bus and find something on every 2nd bus that will bring them taxes+a fine of, lets say, 100-200€'s, resulting in ridiculously long lines at the border crossings (which are already long for buses when they search only 1 out of 20 buses), or they can take 100 €'s from every bus that passes through (so the bus driver asks the passengers to each donate a euro or two), because every bus has something illegal on him, and even if not on the one journey that you're on, then on the next, you can never know what other people try to get through with, and you as a passenger won't have to spend 6-12 hours in the line on a border crossing just because someone on your bus or one of the buses in front of you tried to smuggle a carton of cigarettes or 2 liters of sljivovica, and the border crossing guards will still make their daily income that pays their salaries. As a passenger you should see it as a good investment, as it will easily spare you 6 or more hours of travelling time. And this is not only the case in Croatia and Serbia, but also at Hungarian Border Crossings.
Old April 24th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #878
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
That at pay toll is nothing, if you are traveling by bus through Serbia and Croatia, you will have to pay for border crossing. When entering Croatia from Slovenia, every passanger has to pay 5 euros, so that they won't bother us at the border, the same thing when leaving Croatia. Then at Serbian border you have to pay 5 euros too, in order to pass the border easily. So 15 euros in total. This is really true, I travelled few times, and the first time they asked us to pay I was shocked. But they only ask you to pay when you travel by bus, and I don't know for the other border crossing,s just theese.
??? Are you sure about that?
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #879
MasonicStage™
Super Moderator

amazing pics! the new bridge over Sava river is progressing really good.
Old April 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #880
MareCar
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHS View Post
??? Are you sure about that?
It's true, and I explained it.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija