daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #921
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Shame on us, Serbia has better motorways than Romania although the war was there, not here. Guys, you are an example of how a country with limited financial resources, like Serbia and Romania, can build solid infrastructure. If only our government would take a look on this thread and learn something...
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #922
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

alright, I've got one question. There's a huge problem in UK to get valid Green Card insurance cover that will include Serbia as well. Currently, I am no familiar with any UK insurance company that does this.
Now, when UK vehicle arrive at Serbian border, driver will be charged third-party additional Green Card insurance valid only for Serbia. That's fine, and it's UK insurance guys to blame. And any other country's vehicle without valid Green Card confirmation that would cover Serbia as well, should be charged there too.

However, I've been receiving horrible reports that this Serbian 3rd party insurance costs, no more no less but 145 Euros (valid for one month)!

What I'm asking here is, anyone got FIRST HAND experience with this? Anyone can confirm this rip-off, or deny it? Is this price accurate? Is there any source of info online about this?
Can anyone actually contact insurance companies on Serbian borders and report exact regulations and prices here on forum?

So far, I've found price list on amss.org.rs website, but I doubt it is reliable info as they don't mention Green Card as a label, so I'm not sure if I foudn the exact info.

Anyone with more info on this?

OK, and my second question would be your opinions about Paracin - Zajecar road? Any photo report (even a basic one) of this road online? I can't find anything useful, except rough descriptions like 'potholes here and there'.

many thanks
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #923
stormwatchforever
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice. I wonder if this could be one of the longest continuous motorway sections in Europe by then. I mean, you can drive from like Amsterdam or Göteborg to Leskovac without ever leaving the motorway.
When this Motorway hopefully will be finished in 2010 you will be able to make such a trip.

Quote:
The E75 from Hungary to Belgrade is not complete motorway from the border to Novi Sad but they are making it complete. And the part that is not complete is like a half motorway. So I think Serbian motorways are quite good. Well done Serbia!
That part which is not completed and runs from Hungarian border -> Subotica (which is amongst 6 largest cities in Serbia) -> Kisač (just before Novi Sad) is one of the Europes most dangerous motorways especially around Horgoš and Bačka Topola, extreme caution is advised because there is always a heavy freight and gastarbeiter's traffic going both directions on just 1+1 profile, only two parts of that road from Horoš to Novi Sad are full profile motorway, first 10km long strech begins after the second exit for Subotica just after the railway bridge and finishes near village called Žednik and the second half of the 20km stretch begins near the village of Kisač and then leads to Novi Sad. Very bad road quality full of uneven patches is stretching from Subotica and ends just before Bačka Topola where it had been revitalized some years ago.
stormwatchforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #924
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
OK, and my second question would be your opinions about Paracin - Zajecar road? Any photo report (even a basic one) of this road online? I can't find anything useful, except rough descriptions like 'potholes here and there'.

many thanks
I've been on this road in the summer of 2008 and the road was nice, not many villages around and beautiful landscapes.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #925
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
alright, I've got one question. There's a huge problem in UK to get valid Green Card insurance cover that will include Serbia as well. Currently, I am no familiar with any UK insurance company that does this.
Now, when UK vehicle arrive at Serbian border, driver will be charged third-party additional Green Card insurance valid only for Serbia. That's fine, and it's UK insurance guys to blame. And any other country's vehicle without valid Green Card confirmation that would cover Serbia as well, should be charged there too.

However, I've been receiving horrible reports that this Serbian 3rd party insurance costs, no more no less but 145 Euros (valid for one month)!

What I'm asking here is, anyone got FIRST HAND experience with this? Anyone can confirm this rip-off, or deny it? Is this price accurate? Is there any source of info online about this?
Can anyone actually contact insurance companies on Serbian borders and report exact regulations and prices here on forum?

So far, I've found price list on amss.org.rs website, but I doubt it is reliable info as they don't mention Green Card as a label, so I'm not sure if I foudn the exact info.

many thanks
Here are two links for you, hope they help:
http://vesti.aladin.info/2010-04-27/...propisi-ostali

http://www.amss.org.rs/index.php?opt...d=66&Itemid=81

I think this one only applies to vehicles registered in Serbia:
http://www.ams.co.rs/zeleni_karton
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #926
vectom

yes, all I found which was partly relevant online, was that second link from amss. however, it doesnt clearly say what kind of insurance that is, so it's not fully trustable to me.

other links are not relevant for my question, but thanks for your efforts.

If anyone is heading to Serbia these days, or just crossing the border by car, pls guys, if you can check prices for UK vehicles Serbia-only Green Card papers, I would be grateful to the end of my life
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #927
blagun
Explorer

Likes (Received): 1944

Green cards issued by all German insurance companies include Serbia. Thousands Bulgarians buy cars from Germany, Holland, Austria and drive thru Serbia.

You can drive thru Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. Insurance in EU-member country is valid even without green card. You don't need to have international passport, ID card is enough. But the road is longer and the road conditions - worse.

Important note: The abbreviation of the country should be SRB, old abbreviation (SCG) is NOT accepted.
blagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #928
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Shame on us, Serbia has better motorways than Romania although the war was there, not here. Guys, you are an example of how a country with limited financial resources, like Serbia and Romania, can build solid infrastructure. If only our government would take a look on this thread and learn something...
Hmmm.... I watched a BBC documentary type show called Top Gear which is basically about cars and they were driving on Romanian motorways, to me they looked awsome.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #929
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13162

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
Hmmm.... I watched a BBC documentary type show called Top Gear which is basically about cars and they were driving on Romanian motorways, to me they looked awsome.
I wouldn't call Top Gear a documentary

The problem with Romanian highways is not the quality, but the quantity.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #930
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
I wouldn't call Top Gear a documentary

The problem with Romanian highways is not the quality, but the quantity.
Totally agree.

The 42 km of A3 between Turda and Gilau (Cluj West) is the best, very high standards. There are only 321 km of motorways in use in Romania.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #931
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Serbia has also more kilometers of motorways than Bulgaria. Shame on us.
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #932
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:

many thanks
Indeed, if you don't have a valid so called "green card" you'll have to buy aditionnal insurance at the border.Not a big problem, but you have to pay for it. The price may differ from one insurer to another, but also the insurer can make you a slightly better price in some cases.
In 2007 I bought it for 85-90 euros after a chat with the seller (the initial price was about 115 euros), but it can also cost as much as 140 euros for one month. It depends of many variables )
Anyway it's better to buy a valid green card from your country and everything will be OK.
As of your second question, if you are going south-east (to Bulgaria, for example) i would reccomend using the Nis-Dimitrovgrad road, cause after Zajecar when you enter Bulgaria the road is not quite good.

Last edited by autobahnracer; April 29th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #933
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Totally agree.

The 42 km of A3 between Turda and Gilau (Cluj West) is the best, very high standards. There are only 321 km of motorways in use in Romania.
Not only the A3 section, but also the 150 km of A2 and the 20 km section of A1 - the Pitesti by-pass, are in a very good shape.

The problem in Romania is indeed the length of the network, or rather the shortness of the network. In Romania, unlike Serbia, there were very few km left from communist times: 100 in Romania vs. about 800 in Serbia. Also, we only started building motorways in earnest after 2004. Unfortunately, even now when there is more experience and there is money from the EU, the crisis is starting to take its toll on motorway construction.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #934
vectom

800km of motorways through Serbia? You probably thought of the whole Yugoslavia (Zagreb - Belgrade - Nis motorway, or so called 'brotherhood and unity motorway')?
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #935
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

OK. A little mistake. How many km has Serbia from commie times?
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #936
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
OK. A little mistake. How many km has Serbia from commie times?
Sremska Mitrovica - Beograd - Niš. and i'm not sure if Beograd - Novi Sad had some section built in motorway profile. so about 300 km
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #937
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

OK. Thanks. So, just to compare, Romania has currently 321 km of motorway.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #938
lindenthaler
ubahnista

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
Sremska Mitrovica - Beograd - Niš. and i'm not sure if Beograd - Novi Sad had some section built in motorway profile. so about 300 km
Yupp, there is a 70 km long BG-NS section finished in 2008 + 20 km section between Subotica and NS. Construction of 110 km motorway between SU and NS started this month.
lindenthaler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #939
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
OK. Thanks. So, just to compare, Romania has currently 321 km of motorway.
Oh, you forgot about the old Constanţa Harbour motorway. So you can add another 2 km to our motorway network.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #940
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Made me laugh Yes, Romanian roads suck, but Serbia isn't much better either with its snail speed of construction. They haven't built more than 70km of highways in 10 years...

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija