daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #941
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija
 
CrazySerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,757
Likes (Received): 7689

That's nothing but a classic example of the old rule - "the grass is always greener on the other side"

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #942
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,471
Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenthaler View Post
Yupp, there is a 70 km long BG-NS section finished in 2008 + 20 km section between Subotica and NS. Construction of 110 km motorway between SU and NS started this month.
he asked about motorways built up to 1990.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #943
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija
 
CrazySerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,757
Likes (Received): 7689

Three hundred kilometers left to complete Serbia's part of Corridor 10:

Quote:
Koridor 10 is 300km short

29.4.2010 13:22:00 | Source/Author PressCut
Another 300 kilometers of highway have to be finished in order to complete Koridor 10. According to plans, the highway should be completed by May 1, 2012. The funds for the project, worth EUR 1.1 billion, were provided by the World Bank and European banks. Infrastructure Minister Milutin Mrkonjic said there were no more excuses for delays. During the last ten years, only 136.92 kilometers of highway were built.

Project documentation must be completed by June 1, which will cost additional RSD 4 billion, whereas land purchase will generate additional RSD 3 billion in expenses.
(Novosti)
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #944
shpirtkosova
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,373
Likes (Received): 6

Serbia is refusing to build a motorway from Nis to Merdare in the border with Kosovo... For this reason, Kosovo has now decided to deviate its motorway in construction to connect to Skopje. Shame politics has to get in the way of road infrastructure and development. The road going from Nis to Prishtina on the Serbian side is a bit of a joke.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #945
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,471
Likes (Received): 3438

i think that Serbia has much more important work to do with motorways to Macedonia, Hungary and Bulgaria before that one
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #946
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!
 
Capt.Vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Varna
Posts: 10,554
Likes (Received): 13162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Three hundred kilometers left to complete Serbia's part of Corridor 10:
Are these plans realistic - 300km in two years?
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #947
Belgrader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,051
Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i think that Serbia has much more important work to do with motorways to Macedonia, Hungary and Bulgaria before that one
I agree. In my oppinion the most important is completion of corridor 10, first of all towards Hungary, then to Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia. Belgrade bypass is crucial for that motorway. I think that motorway to Romania is very important too. But there is still motorway to Montenegro to be built, and it is very expensive.

@ Capt.Vimes

I think it is possible if they are serious, but we will see.
__________________
I will not be subjected to criminal abuse
Belgrader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #948
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
I agree. In my oppinion the most important is completion of corridor 10, first of all towards Hungary, then to Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia. Belgrade bypass is crucial for that motorway. I think that motorway to Romania is very important too. But there is still motorway to Montenegro to be built, and it is very expensive.
Yes, those are the most important motorways Serbia should build. Of course, Hungary is a priority, and the same is for Romania. Linking Serbia/Romania with the rest of Europe through Hungary should be on top agenda of both countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Made me laugh Yes, Romanian roads suck, but Serbia isn't much better either with its snail speed of construction. They haven't built more than 70km of highways in 10 years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
That's nothing but a classic example of the old rule - "the grass is always greener on the other side"
It's very true guys, and thank you CrazySerb for the very funny remark . I sometimes tend to exaggerate when I'm frustrated. Shame on me.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; April 29th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #949
clouseau
Registered User
 
clouseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,237
Likes (Received): 564

In 2009, Serbia had 498 km of motorways. According to government officials in 2012 Serbia will get more than 300 km of new motorways which will conect Serbia with it`s neighbouring countries. If everthing goes as planned, Serbia will have about 850-900 km. of motorways in 2012-2013.
clouseau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #950
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,543
Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Yes, those are the most important motorways Serbia should build. Of course, Hungary is a priority, and the same is for Romania. Linking Serbia/Romania with the rest of Europe through Hungary should be on top agenda of both countries.
The local Govt of Vojvodina announced that they are building a highway to Romania themselves. They haven't mentioned this in a while though
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #951
SuperSergei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moss, Norway
Posts: 41
Likes (Received): 0

I`m driving from Norway to Macedonia in the beginning of july. Last year I crossed the Hungarina/Serbian(Horgos E75) border in day time, which resulted in 4 hours "stau" at the border. How is it to cross the border for example at 03:00 am instead? Or do some of you recommend other bordercrossings?
SuperSergei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #952
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera
 
Singidunum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Beograd
Posts: 35,543
Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSergei View Post
I`m driving from Norway to Macedonia in the beginning of july. Last year I crossed the Hungarina/Serbian(Horgos E75) border in day time, which resulted in 4 hours "stau" at the border. How is it to cross the border for example at 03:00 am instead? Or do some of you recommend other bordercrossings?
You can try some smaller crossing. Bring GPS though. You will loose some time going around the local roads but you will not wait for 4 hours because of the Turkish diaspora going home.

Crossings are Bački Breg - Hercegsanto, Kelebija - Tompa, Bajmok - Bačalmaš, Đala - Tisasiget, Horgoš - Reske. Kelebija and Horgoš are major and Bački Breg, Bajmok and Đala are minor.
__________________
Like Skyscrapercity Serbian Forum on Facebook

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #953
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum
 
mirza-sm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Frederiksberg, CPH
Posts: 36,697
Likes (Received): 8032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
I agree. In my oppinion the most important is completion of corridor 10, first of all towards Hungary, then to Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia.
Seems like everyone is "running" towards Hungary, Serbia Corridor 10, Bosnia Corridor 5c (or as we call it wc )
__________________
visitsarajevo.ba
mirza-sm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #954
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija
 
CrazySerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,757
Likes (Received): 7689

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
It's very true guys, and thank you CrazySerb for the very funny remark . I sometimes tend to exaggerate when I'm frustrated. Shame on me.
No problem At the end of the day, we all have similar feelings about certain things.
I myself become green with envy whenever I look at photos of Bucharest's metro - something we have only dreamed about for a century in Belgrade
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #955
ionut
Reaching for the stars
 
ionut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 4,135
Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
No problem At the end of the day, we all have similar feelings about certain things.
I myself become green with envy whenever I look at photos of Bucharest's metro - something we have only dreamed about for a century in Belgrade
You don't have metro in Belgrade (it has around 1,3 M population AFAIK)?
__________________
On Sep 12, 2011, I took the decision to STOP posting infrastructure updates & pictures, comments or any other type of post on SSC. The decision is final and is long overdue.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #956
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!
 
Capt.Vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Varna
Posts: 10,554
Likes (Received): 13162

Serbia will have mobile patrols in civil cars on highways. The current speed limit is 120km/h and if you drive over it you will have to pay 210 euros + 50 euros for each 10km/h above the allowed speed. If you are going 180km/h + than you go to jail from 3 do 30 days and you have to docommunity service by cleaning the ditches on the highway. If you stop for 30 seconds on the highway - 30 euros, forget to switch on the lights (compulsary all year long) - 50 euros.

This is the new law in Serbia, so be careful guys.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #957
ionut
Reaching for the stars
 
ionut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 4,135
Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
If you stop for 30 seconds on the highway - 30 euros


What do you mean stop for 30 SECONDS? What if you have an emergency? You guys don't have emergency lanes on the motorways?
__________________
On Sep 12, 2011, I took the decision to STOP posting infrastructure updates & pictures, comments or any other type of post on SSC. The decision is final and is long overdue.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #958
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12044

No, these are just strict laws. They should do that here. Emergency lanes are not for people to stop their car to take a breath of fresh air, there are special spots for that.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #959
autobahnracer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sofia/Lille
Posts: 713
Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
Serbia will have mobile patrols in civil cars on highways. The current speed limit is 120km/h and if you drive over it you will have to pay 210 euros + 50 euros for each 10km/h above the allowed speed. If you are going 180km/h + than you go to jail from 3 do 30 days and you have to docommunity service by cleaning the ditches on the highway. If you stop for 30 seconds on the highway - 30 euros, forget to switch on the lights (compulsary all year long) - 50 euros.

This is the new law in Serbia, so be careful guys.

WOW! This one really killed me!! ))))))
Even in France the fines for high speeding aren't soooo EXTREMELY expensive!

Imagine the situation, sounds like an anekdote:

A VW Golf mk2 (1990's) is driving with 150km/h, for example, on the motorway Belgrade-Nish. Somewhere between Paracin and Nis the driver gets caught by the police .... And he nas to pay 360 euros (210+3x50).
So he says at the policeman : "Please, take the car instead"
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #960
Belgrader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,051
Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnracer View Post

WOW! This one really killed me!! ))))))
Dura lex, sed lex.
__________________
I will not be subjected to criminal abuse
Belgrader no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium