daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #941
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7689

That's nothing but a classic example of the old rule - "the grass is always greener on the other side"

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #942
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenthaler View Post
Yupp, there is a 70 km long BG-NS section finished in 2008 + 20 km section between Subotica and NS. Construction of 110 km motorway between SU and NS started this month.
he asked about motorways built up to 1990.
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #943
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Three hundred kilometers left to complete Serbia's part of Corridor 10:

Quote:
Koridor 10 is 300km short

29.4.2010 13:22:00 | Source/Author PressCut
Another 300 kilometers of highway have to be finished in order to complete Koridor 10. According to plans, the highway should be completed by May 1, 2012. The funds for the project, worth EUR 1.1 billion, were provided by the World Bank and European banks. Infrastructure Minister Milutin Mrkonjic said there were no more excuses for delays. During the last ten years, only 136.92 kilometers of highway were built.

Project documentation must be completed by June 1, which will cost additional RSD 4 billion, whereas land purchase will generate additional RSD 3 billion in expenses.
(Novosti)
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #944
shpirtkosova
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Serbia is refusing to build a motorway from Nis to Merdare in the border with Kosovo... For this reason, Kosovo has now decided to deviate its motorway in construction to connect to Skopje. Shame politics has to get in the way of road infrastructure and development. The road going from Nis to Prishtina on the Serbian side is a bit of a joke.
shpirtkosova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #945
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

i think that Serbia has much more important work to do with motorways to Macedonia, Hungary and Bulgaria before that one
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #946
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Three hundred kilometers left to complete Serbia's part of Corridor 10:
Are these plans realistic - 300km in two years?
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #947
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i think that Serbia has much more important work to do with motorways to Macedonia, Hungary and Bulgaria before that one
I agree. In my oppinion the most important is completion of corridor 10, first of all towards Hungary, then to Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia. Belgrade bypass is crucial for that motorway. I think that motorway to Romania is very important too. But there is still motorway to Montenegro to be built, and it is very expensive.

@ Capt.Vimes

I think it is possible if they are serious, but we will see.
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #948
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
I agree. In my oppinion the most important is completion of corridor 10, first of all towards Hungary, then to Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia. Belgrade bypass is crucial for that motorway. I think that motorway to Romania is very important too. But there is still motorway to Montenegro to be built, and it is very expensive.
Yes, those are the most important motorways Serbia should build. Of course, Hungary is a priority, and the same is for Romania. Linking Serbia/Romania with the rest of Europe through Hungary should be on top agenda of both countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Made me laugh Yes, Romanian roads suck, but Serbia isn't much better either with its snail speed of construction. They haven't built more than 70km of highways in 10 years...
Quote:
That's nothing but a classic example of the old rule - "the grass is always greener on the other side"
It's very true guys, and thank you CrazySerb for the very funny remark . I sometimes tend to exaggerate when I'm frustrated. Shame on me.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; April 29th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #949
clouseau

Likes (Received): 564

In 2009, Serbia had 498 km of motorways. According to government officials in 2012 Serbia will get more than 300 km of new motorways which will conect Serbia with it`s neighbouring countries. If everthing goes as planned, Serbia will have about 850-900 km. of motorways in 2012-2013.
clouseau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #950
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Yes, those are the most important motorways Serbia should build. Of course, Hungary is a priority, and the same is for Romania. Linking Serbia/Romania with the rest of Europe through Hungary should be on top agenda of both countries.
The local Govt of Vojvodina announced that they are building a highway to Romania themselves. They haven't mentioned this in a while though

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #951
SuperSergei

Likes (Received): 0

I`m driving from Norway to Macedonia in the beginning of july. Last year I crossed the Hungarina/Serbian(Horgos E75) border in day time, which resulted in 4 hours "stau" at the border. How is it to cross the border for example at 03:00 am instead? Or do some of you recommend other bordercrossings?
SuperSergei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #952
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSergei View Post
I`m driving from Norway to Macedonia in the beginning of july. Last year I crossed the Hungarina/Serbian(Horgos E75) border in day time, which resulted in 4 hours "stau" at the border. How is it to cross the border for example at 03:00 am instead? Or do some of you recommend other bordercrossings?
You can try some smaller crossing. Bring GPS though. You will loose some time going around the local roads but you will not wait for 4 hours because of the Turkish diaspora going home.

Crossings are Bački Breg - Hercegsanto, Kelebija - Tompa, Bajmok - Bačalmaš, Đala - Tisasiget, Horgoš - Reske. Kelebija and Horgoš are major and Bački Breg, Bajmok and Đala are minor.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #953
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Likes (Received): 8032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrader View Post
I agree. In my oppinion the most important is completion of corridor 10, first of all towards Hungary, then to Bulgaria, and then to Macedonia.
Seems like everyone is "running" towards Hungary, Serbia Corridor 10, Bosnia Corridor 5c (or as we call it wc )
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #954
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
It's very true guys, and thank you CrazySerb for the very funny remark . I sometimes tend to exaggerate when I'm frustrated. Shame on me.
No problem At the end of the day, we all have similar feelings about certain things.
I myself become green with envy whenever I look at photos of Bucharest's metro - something we have only dreamed about for a century in Belgrade
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #955
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
No problem At the end of the day, we all have similar feelings about certain things.
I myself become green with envy whenever I look at photos of Bucharest's metro - something we have only dreamed about for a century in Belgrade
You don't have metro in Belgrade (it has around 1,3 M population AFAIK)?

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #956
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13162

Serbia will have mobile patrols in civil cars on highways. The current speed limit is 120km/h and if you drive over it you will have to pay 210 euros + 50 euros for each 10km/h above the allowed speed. If you are going 180km/h + than you go to jail from 3 do 30 days and you have to docommunity service by cleaning the ditches on the highway. If you stop for 30 seconds on the highway - 30 euros, forget to switch on the lights (compulsary all year long) - 50 euros.

This is the new law in Serbia, so be careful guys.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #957
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
If you stop for 30 seconds on the highway - 30 euros

What do you mean stop for 30 SECONDS? What if you have an emergency? You guys don't have emergency lanes on the motorways?

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #958
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

No, these are just strict laws. They should do that here. Emergency lanes are not for people to stop their car to take a breath of fresh air, there are special spots for that.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #959
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
Serbia will have mobile patrols in civil cars on highways. The current speed limit is 120km/h and if you drive over it you will have to pay 210 euros + 50 euros for each 10km/h above the allowed speed. If you are going 180km/h + than you go to jail from 3 do 30 days and you have to docommunity service by cleaning the ditches on the highway. If you stop for 30 seconds on the highway - 30 euros, forget to switch on the lights (compulsary all year long) - 50 euros.

This is the new law in Serbia, so be careful guys.

WOW! This one really killed me!! ))))))
Even in France the fines for high speeding aren't soooo EXTREMELY expensive!

Imagine the situation, sounds like an anekdote:

A VW Golf mk2 (1990's) is driving with 150km/h, for example, on the motorway Belgrade-Nish. Somewhere between Paracin and Nis the driver gets caught by the police .... And he nas to pay 360 euros (210+3x50).
So he says at the policeman : "Please, take the car instead"
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #960
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnracer View Post

WOW! This one really killed me!! ))))))
Dura lex, sed lex.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija