daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM   #81
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Then it´s probably before Novisad, but there is a motorway section which starts and ends in the nationalroad. It is 20 km or so long and there is one section under construction.

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:35 AM   #82
Strajder

Likes (Received): 371

Yes, Belgrade/Novi Sad is motorway, between Batajnica and Beska (bridge over Danube). I think it's about 35 km long.
Strajder está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM   #83
Kvaka 22
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
And if you say they are good at not building a motorway what do you think about Bulgaria, eh?
When our government starts building a motorway, they finish it. Our problem is how to start.

I've never been to Bulgaria.
Kvaka 22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM   #84
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Then it´s probably before Novisad, but there is a motorway section which starts and ends in the nationalroad. It is 20 km or so long and there is one section under construction.
you have interruption around bridge near Beška. the newest full profiled section is north fro the bridge, but south from Novi Sad, and it is allready in use for about a year if i'm not wrong. and it is the only new motorway section in last few years, what is sad and, unfortunately, this cannot be named as fantastic progress of motorways' construction. there were nice plans, government had motorway to Montenegro in first position, but now they have motorway to Macedonia as priority (what is wise decision).
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:15 AM   #85
radi6404

Well every time I go through Serbia there are some km of new asphalt more.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:21 AM   #86
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7686

You were probably going through Croatia
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM   #87
radi6404

No, I know how it is in Croatia. But it is normal for you to say, everyone finds it´s own country worse as it is.
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #88
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Likes (Received): 52

You were probably travelling through the Belgrade - Novi Sad section; it's almost built as a full motorway, the only section which is currently missing is the Beska bridge, which should be completed until 2010. (see my previous post on this thread). As the rest of the national motorway network is concerned, the completion dates are still unknown...
When it comes to maintenance, yes we made some headway, but still, it's a far cry from reaching our goal, i.e. turning our stoned little country into a major transit hub of SE Europe...
Cheers!
Need4Weed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #89
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Weed View Post
You were probably travelling through the Belgrade - Novi Sad section; it's almost built as a full motorway, the only section which is currently missing is the Beska bridge, which should be completed until 2010. (see my previous post on this thread). As the rest of the national motorway network is concerned, the completion dates are still unknown...
When it comes to maintenance, yes we made some headway, but still, it's a far cry from reaching our goal, i.e. turning our stoned little country into a major transit hub of SE Europe...
Cheers!
if your country will sometimes join eu(and i hope it will), then serbia will surely turn into a major transit hub of SE Europe.now, since romania and bulgaria joined eu, traffic from greece and turkey to western europe goes through them, even if routes are longer and in worse condition, because when a truck or a person enters eu, it won't like to leave it because of custom's procedures.so traffic through romania increased a lot in last 2 years due to this situation.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #90
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Yeah, I think so too. The route via Serbia to Greece or Turkey is usually shorter via Beograd than via Bucuresti. Romania is more a transit country for the port of Constanta.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #91
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

Yep, the traffic via [E 79] in Bulgaria towards Vidin and the ferry Oryahovo - Beket have risen several times in the last 2 years ... so is the traffic via the Danube Bridge at Ruse. If only our government had a better policy on road infrastructure construction the figures would have been several times higher. What worries me is that the Romanian authorities have put a very low priority on the connection of the new bridge at Vidin-Calafat with the existing(planned) motorway network of Romania. Let's hope that Serbia will join EU sooner and the motorway link from Sofia to Nis will be finished.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #92
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7686

With some twenty thousand Italian firms already operating in Romania and the newly announced Italian investments into Serbia`s auto sector, I think the new Belgrade-Vrsac-Timisoara highway should have priority over any Serbia-Bulgaria link
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #93
Vrachar

Likes (Received): 1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
... Let's hope that Serbia will join EU sooner and the motorway link from Sofia to Nis will be finished.
It will be finished in next 3 years. The road construction has started in Sector 2 (Prosek-Dimitrovgrad).

This is the map of Pirot municipality with future highway path:

The new highway E-80 Niš-Sofia has 4 sectors:

1. Niš-Prosek (cca 12 km, already built)
2. Prosek-Dimitrovgrad (cca 80 km, under construction)
3. Dimitrovgrad-Kalotina (cca 4 km, already built)
4. Kalotina-Sofia (cca 50 km, ???)

I never heard that you guys plan to upgrade road Kalotina-Sofia to full-profiled highway, so I hope that finishing of the highway from our side will wake up you too.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #94
radi6404

No, it wont wake us up, in particular the chav governments Bulgaria has. There is a plan to make it motorway but that´s it. Noone knows when the construction of the motorway there will start. The current road from Sofia to Kalotina is a "nationalroad" but it has too low quality for a nationalroad. The asphalt is very bad and bumpy because they paved over the old asphalt which obviously is a bad thing and they used very bad markings. The whole road to Sofia looks very cheap fo a nationalraod and has aged badly for that short period of time. The road is one year old but has aged like a 10 years old road.
Old October 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #95
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrachar View Post
It will be finished in next 3 years. The road construction has started in Sector 2 (Prosek-Dimitrovgrad).

This is the map of Pirot municipality with future highway path:

The new highway E-80 Niš-Sofia has 4 sectors:

1. Niš-Prosek (cca 12 km, already built)
2. Prosek-Dimitrovgrad (cca 80 km, under construction)
3. Dimitrovgrad-Kalotina (cca 4 km, already built)
4. Kalotina-Sofia (cca 50 km, ???)

I never heard that you guys plan to upgrade road Kalotina-Sofia to full-profiled highway, so I hope that finishing of the highway from our side will wake up you too.

I have read these days that the Serbian governmet will be financed from the European Investment Bank and the World Bank with 540 mil EUR. for the finishing of corridor 10 and with another 285mil. for the Nis-Kalotina stretch. The contracts must be signed in November in Belgrade.

From our side the stretch Kalotina-Sofia is considered part of [A1] Trakia Motorway. Due to political impotency and high level of corruption the completion of the remaining ~150km.(including Kalotina-Sofia) have been delayed for the last nearly 8 years ... First in 2004 the previous government decided to give the whole motorway for 30 years period on concession to some Portuguesse Company, but this spring the contact was declared invalid without a single kilometer being built and the current government announced that it will finish the remaining stretches with money from our budget and from the Iraqy debt that we received back recently. For now the priority is to finish the remaining 3 lots between Stara Zagora and Karnobat to complete the link between Sofia and Burgas. On 2nd and 15th October the offers for the 3 lots for that stretch were/will be opened. If everything goes ok , till the end of November the construction contracts for those 3 lots must be signed and the work should start. In 2 years time those 3 lots must be completed according to the conditions of the tenders. I hope that in the mean time, next year the new government(elections are comming) will announce a tender for the lot Kalotina Sofia and no later than 2012-13(If you finish Prosek-Dimitrovgrad) the fastest and shortest way to reach Istanbul from Central Europe will be via Belgrade-Nis-Sofia-Plovdiv.

It's been several years since the lack of money is no longer a reason for not building motorways in Bulgaria. It is 3rd or 4th consecutive year since we generate enormous budget surpluses, but the money are leaking into shady and corrupted deals. Let's hope that things will change when the current government steps down from power next spring.

btw, i have read the following article 2-3 months ago. I hope you understand that the sooner Serbia enters EU and the motorway between Nis and Sofia is completed it will mean that we all will earn enormous benefits.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #96
Vrachar

Likes (Received): 1627

I knew for Trakiya motorway but didn't know that it starts in Kalotina. In that case the things are different (better).

Quote:
I hope that in the mean time, next year the new government(elections are comming) will announce a tender for the lot Kalotina Sofia and no later than 2012-13(If you finish Prosek-Dimitrovgrad) the fastest and shortest way to reach Istanbul from Central Europe will be via Belgrade-Nis-Sofia-Plovdiv.
Quote:
I hope you understand that the sooner Serbia enters EU and the motorway between Nis and Sofia is completed it will mean that we all will earn enormous benefits.
Exactly.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #97
RS.ban
BANNED

Newly opened stretch of Belgrade bypass in half profile

deadlines

And the video

RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #98
radi6404

New serbain roads are always of very high quality, they could use B-profil crashbarriers but still very good. Please link the video as a link so that we can open the Utube video, the video capture option isn´t always working.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #99
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Signage looks good, despite being in Cyrillic and Latin. Though this only works when the number of destinations shown is limited.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #100
RS.ban
BANNED

Quote:
New serbain roads are always of very high quality, they could use B-profil crashbarriers but still very good. Please link the video as a link so that we can open the Utube video, the video capture option isn´t always working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJZtgCSnc5k
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija