daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #1021
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by blagun View Post
Croatia, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, BiH are also not parts of EU and Schengen, but they accept EU ID-cards. Passport border control is still in place in Romania and Bulgaria, but the ID-card is not less secure than the international passport.
The ID cards are much more easier and quicker for processing - they don't need to be leafed thru, stamped. Thousands EU-citisens passing transit thru Serbia should issue international passports only for SRB border. It's ridiculous, such as ridiculous as the Schengen visas for Serbs were.
Croats can travel to Italy, Slovenia, Hungary and BiH with ID. So basically we can enter EU without passport.
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #1022
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7685

Slightly OT:

Let's jump into a time machine and take a look at some of Belgrade's roads as they appeared decades ago...

[img]http://i41.************/2vak2zs.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i39.************/dvk3gx.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i40.************/16c86lc.jpg[/img]

image hosted on flickr

[img]http://i50.************/2vvqqgm.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i48.************/20hwpcy.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i50.************/ad0meg.jpg[/img]

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

[img]http://i35.************/2r2lz40.jpg[/img]

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

[img]http://i41.************/14siemx.jpg[/img]

Zagor666 liked this post

Last edited by CrazySerb; May 6th, 2010 at 05:08 PM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #1023
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Very nice! And it's so typical for the time around 1970.

It's everytime interesting to see the motorways how they look like when they where new.

I can see they had low pressure sodium lights at the motorway in Belgrade before.

But now they are changed to high pressure sodium like they are in many other countries now. But for me I still think those old low pressure sodium lights get e real motorway feeling.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #1024
Doctor Wu

Likes (Received): 1

Oh My God!!!!!!!! What a paradise pictures. In 70'ties and 80'ties Yugoslavia for Poles was like western Europe - a rich and open country everybody dreamed of visiting.
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #1025
Norsko
Urban Citizen

Likes (Received): 6

Cool photos esp. of the construction of the Genex tower(s). Love Belgrade (was there two years ago) and the fact that Serbia is developing as it is, however;;; This must be said; Changing the road markings at the edge of the road from yellow to white was a huge mistake!!! (Know about European standards, but stil, yellow was beautifull). My two cents :P
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1026
tasosGR

Likes (Received): 14

crazyserb,hvala za slike!Thank you for these old pictures!Can you write the names of the streets between the pictures?(i know beograd from the old time and i remember all these places!)
tasosGR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #1027
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post

I can see they had low pressure sodium lights at the motorway in Belgrade before.

But now they are changed to high pressure sodium like they are in many other countries now. But for me I still think those old low pressure sodium lights get e real motorway feeling.
those were used all over Yugoslavia on motorways. i think there are some ermained in Zagreb, too (not on bypass where they also existed, but on city expressway which was part of road no1 in YU). and you are right about that feeling, i was so excitedeach time as a kid when i saw them
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #1028
blagun
Explorer

Likes (Received): 1943

Greetings to all serbian friends with wishes for many more kilometers of motorways, bridges and tunnels!

http://www.vbox7.com/play:453f1c94
blagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #1029
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

great photos CS
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #1030
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Awesome pictures, CS! Thank you.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #1031
autobahnracer

Likes (Received): 25

A "must see" !!!
autobahnracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #1032
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
those were used all over Yugoslavia on motorways. i think there are some ermained in Zagreb, too (not on bypass where they also existed, but on city expressway which was part of road no1 in YU). and you are right about that feeling, i was so excitedeach time as a kid when i saw them
Really? I did exactly the same when i was a kid. I thought I was alone in the world to do that.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #1033
Aig

Likes (Received): 0

So, today I've returned from my trip from Latvia to Greece and back. Serbia was on my way also , of course.
There was no problem with borders. I've entered Serbia at Horgoš 2. may ~5am and there was just 1 car before me, no turks. Serbia-Macedonia border was fast also, but I had to wait ~30min on Macedonia-Greece border (2.may ~1pm). The EU citizens lane was closed, so everybody had to wait in one queue. On return way I had to wait ~1hour to enter Hungary(yesterday ~4pm), other borders were fast. Nowhere I had to pay 5eur for "fast border control".
Driving on Serbian roads was easy, speed - average. No traffic jams, but non-motorways take long time.
They accept euros at toll-posts and give back change in euros also. I've paid ~20eur for one way. I have to say that the quality of the highway is much worse than I expect for paying that money. Sometimes I doubt you can stay on the road at maximum allowed speed if your shock absorbers are not in perfect condition. I wouldn't recommend using low profile tires on Serbian roads also.
Macedonian highway is about the same quality, but costs just 2 or 3 eur. And afair it goes nonstop from serbian border to greece. Also the price of fuel in Macedonia is very nice
Whole Belgrade from E75 side of view looks like piece of concrete.
After reading this forum I was very affraid to get into prison , so I was driving at allowed speed +5-10km/h. Police didn't stop me at that speed. Many serbs (and many germans also) were driving much faster than me.
Serbia is like a live museum of eastern europe's cars. The roads ar full of almost forgotten yugos, wartburgs, aros, old dacias, and maybe not so forgotten ladas
And what really surprises me - all those masterpieces are still able to achieve the maximum allowed 120km/h.

Last edited by Aig; May 9th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Aig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #1034
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

#Aig

nice report. thanks for that post!

I'm also interested, what's a situation back there in Latvia, with the age of cars? I know everyone is by default a bit biased with this stuff, cos we're all used to what we see on our roads and can't easily notice what foreigners do. I remember my first time crossing via Hungary in 2004 few months after they joined this famed EU, it was ridiculous to see so many Ladas and Trabants around, as I didn't really expect to see them there. How's in Latvia these days?
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1035
Aig

According to official statistics, average age of vehicles in Latvia is 16 years. But these statistics include all types of vehicles and also include vehicles that are registered but are not used or even does not exist anymore. I think that average age of cars used on our roads is 12-14 years. And probably I have to say that Latvia is "museum" of old german cars - audi,vw,bmw,mercedes from '90s - these are relieable, cheap cars which require very little maintenance, offers good comfort and acceptable fuel consumption. Newer cars (~ up to 7 year old) are mostly japanese or korean make, because those asian car makers compete on who will make the thinnest metal and cheaper plastic and therefore lower price. However despite the financial crisis, there are a lot of new X5/X6/Q7/cayene on our streets.
Lada is almost the only eastern europe car which is still on our roads.(i'm not talking about new dacias and new skodas here) Some moskwitch , volgas and zaz probably still exist. I haven't seen even our own masterpiece - minibus RAF for years. You will not find any yugo,trabant,wartburg,old skoda, old dacia here.
Aig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #1036
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Funny, last year only 5 Ladas were registered in Estonia.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #1037
clouseau

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aig View Post
According to official statistics, average age of vehicles in Latvia is 16 years. But these statistics include all types of vehicles and also include vehicles that are registered but are not used or even does not exist anymore. I think that average age of cars used on our roads is 12-14 years. And probably I have to say that Latvia is "museum" of old german cars - audi,vw,bmw,mercedes from '90s - these are relieable, cheap cars which require very little maintenance, offers good comfort and acceptable fuel consumption. Newer cars (~ up to 7 year old) are mostly japanese or korean make, because those asian car makers compete on who will make the thinnest metal and cheaper plastic and therefore lower price. However despite the financial crisis, there are a lot of new X5/X6/Q7/cayene on our streets.
Lada is almost the only eastern europe car which is still on our roads.(i'm not talking about new dacias and new skodas here) Some moskwitch , volgas and zaz probably still exist. I haven't seen even our own masterpiece - minibus RAF for years. You will not find any yugo,trabant,wartburg,old skoda, old dacia here.
sorry but I have not seen in Serbia trabant and Wartburg cars, there are a lot off yugo cars and that is not strange beacuse they are produced in Serbia or old Yugoslavia. The average age of vehicels in Serbia is:

in the study from December 2007. The Institute for Market Research and Media Mediana Adria on a sample of 9000 respondents showed that the average age of cars in Serbia (excluding Kosovo) is 15.2 years and that every third is Zastava. year -2007 and I don`t know what kind of situation is today but generally cars are very old compered to these from western europe..

Last edited by clouseau; May 10th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
clouseau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #1038
clouseau

Likes (Received): 563

1 year=4%, 1-3 year=7%, 3-5 year=7%, 5-10 year=15%,10-15 year=15%,15 year=52%..
clouseau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1039
SuperSergei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aig View Post
So, today I've returned from my trip from Latvia to Greece and back. Serbia was on my way also , of course.
There was no problem with borders. I've entered Serbia at Horgoš 2. may ~5am and there was just 1 car before me, no turks. Serbia-Macedonia border was fast also, but I had to wait ~30min on Macedonia-Greece border (2.may ~1pm). The EU citizens lane was closed, so everybody had to wait in one queue. On return way I had to wait ~1hour to enter Hungary(yesterday ~4pm), other borders were fast. Nowhere I had to pay 5eur for "fast border control".
Driving on Serbian roads was easy, speed - average. No traffic jams, but non-motorways take long time.
They accept euros at toll-posts and give back change in euros also. I've paid ~20eur for one way. I have to say that the quality of the highway is much worse than I expect for paying that money. Sometimes I doubt you can stay on the road at maximum allowed speed if your shock absorbers are not in perfect condition. I wouldn't recommend using low profile tires on Serbian roads also.
Macedonian highway is about the same quality, but costs just 2 or 3 eur. And afair it goes nonstop from serbian border to greece. Also the price of fuel in Macedonia is very nice
Whole Belgrade from E75 side of view looks like piece of concrete.
After reading this forum I was very affraid to get into prison , so I was driving at allowed speed +5-10km/h. Police didn't stop me at that speed. Many serbs (and many germans also) were driving much faster than me.
Serbia is like a live museum of eastern europe's cars. The roads ar full of almost forgotten yugos, wartburgs, aros, old dacias, and maybe not so forgotten ladas
And what really surprises me - all those masterpieces are still able to achieve the maximum allowed 120km/h.
I agree on the bad road quality in some parts of Serbia, bumpy! How much did you pay for a litre of petrol/diesel in Macedonia?
SuperSergei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #1040
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Funny, last year only 5 Ladas were registered in Estonia.
By the way Lada, there was not any registrations of ladas in Denmark last years so now it´s finished buying ladas in DK.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija