daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #1041
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

I know there are still a lot of older cars in Serbia. But I think more and more new cars are coming to Serbia. But it's something that takes some time to change all of the cars in Serbia. I remember around the year 2000 I saw nearly only old cars in Serbia in that time. It was in that time quite difficult for the Serbian people to buy new cars. Today its different. So I think if we waiting just a few years more, the Serbian cars are not so much older than other cars in Europe. So for me who remember how it was in Serbia around 2000 I think they have much more new cars now.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1042
Aig

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSergei View Post
How much did you pay for a litre of petrol/diesel in Macedonia?
around 0.9eur per litre of diesel
Aig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #1043
Aig

btw Ladas are still in production (not only the new kalinas but old models - 2107,2108, and Niva also), so it's too early to say that all ladas are gone.
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #1044
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

right now I'm trying to sell my 18 years old Fiat Uno, and since december 2009, which is already 6 months, I received no calls. A few coworkers also have similar problem with their old cars. Car market in Serbia, right now at the moment, is saturated with much newer vehicles recently imported, as due to some pre-EU laws that had to be implemented, taxes for imports for this specific goods went down, and the law is also modified so it allows more flexibility about the ages of imported cars, etc.
Some 6 months ago, I've bought 7 years old Punto imported from Italy, in a perfect shape compared with my Uno. Roughly saying, that type of car, that certain age, on the average, right now is about 25% cheaper than it used to be few years ago. Laws of the (almost)free market, I guess.
Therefore, day by day I'm noticing newer and newer cars on the streets, even here in generally underdeveloped part of Serbia (south). Can't remember the last time to see Trabant, Wartburg, old Dacias around. What's also funny, on Sundays, there's this open air market for secondhand cars here in Nish. Among hundreds and hundreds, here's no a single Zastava! Few Yugos around (a few - not more than 10 in total). Where the hell people sell these cars nowdays?

blahblah..
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #1045
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
I know there are still a lot of older cars in Serbia. But I think more and more new cars are coming to Serbia. But it's something that takes some time to change all of the cars in Serbia. I remember around the year 2000 I saw nearly only old cars in Serbia in that time. It was in that time quite difficult for the Serbian people to buy new cars. Today its different. So I think if we waiting just a few years more, the Serbian cars are not so much older than other cars in Europe. So for me who remember how it was in Serbia around 2000 I think they have much more new cars now.
Look what happened in Poland or Lithuania in the past 10 years. Old cars are rapidly replaced by much newer ones.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #1046
Aig

The car market isn't free even in EU. The pre-EU customs tax is now called "car and motorcycle tax", and that's it. This kind of tax exists in several EU countries, even in those who has no local car manufacturers to protect, like Latvia, for example. Many people were registering their cars in Lithuania (because there is no such tax), but now there is a law that Latvian citizens may not drive a car which is registered in different country.
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1047
Wuxa
Vozd

Likes (Received): 1740

by cornacum
Wuxa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #1048
Wuxa
Vozd

Between km 27 i km 28:
[IMG]http://i43.************/23mqv4i.jpg[/IMG]

To Horgoš:
[IMG]http://i41.************/281hqts.jpg[/IMG]

To Novi Sad:
[IMG]http://i43.************/9vguvk.jpg[/IMG]
by ddavid
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1049
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7711

Belgrade's new Sava bridge - April update:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #1050
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Awesome pictures, CS! Thanks.
When is the bridge scheduled to be completed?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #1051
Wuxa
Vozd

End of 2011.
And will look like this

Old May 17th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #1052
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Simply astonishing !
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #1053
vectom

Likes (Received): 967

Am I right or got something messed up in my thoughts, that there is going to be city commuter rail / metro rail / whatever kind of railway station right in the middle of a pillar of the bridge?
On that render we can even see some sort of tram/train stopping there under the pillar.
vectom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #1054
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxa View Post
End of 2011.
And will look like this

That's very beautiful.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #1055
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectom View Post
Am I right or got something messed up in my thoughts, that there is going to be city commuter rail / metro rail / whatever kind of railway station right in the middle of a pillar of the bridge?
On that render we can even see some sort of tram/train stopping there under the pillar.

not likely ... (judging by the video attached bellow)

http://www.savabridge.com/movies/MOST2.swf
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #1056
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aig View Post
The car market isn't free even in EU. The pre-EU customs tax is now called "car and motorcycle tax", and that's it. This kind of tax exists in several EU countries, even in those who has no local car manufacturers to protect, like Latvia, for example. Many people were registering their cars in Lithuania (because there is no such tax), but now there is a law that Latvian citizens may not drive a car which is registered in different country.
The latvian is breaking the EU law on free movement of goods....there was a similar case where belgians were driving cars with luxembourg registration and the belgian authorities tried to block it....it finsihed to the Court of Justice and it ruled that the belgians had the right to drive foreign cars if the company is registered abroad and they work for them. Sorry for OT.
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1057
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7711

Tolls to rise by 11 pct

Quote:
19.5.2010 12:24:00 | Source/Author PressCut
Public Enterprise Roads of Serbia (Putevi Srbije) has decided to increase the tolls for all categories of vehicles by 11 percent. The new prices have to be approved by the Government of Serbia.

Between January and May 2010, RSD 3.8bn in income was generated from the tolls. During this period, 9.114.977 vehicles used Koridor 10, the only Serbian highway where toll is charged, which is 845.812 vehicles more than in 2009.

Compared to the first four month of 2009, when 780.000 transport vehicles used Koridor 10, the traffic in this section increased by 13 percent in 2010.
(Novosti)
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #1058
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16177

Some prep works on Subotica-Novi Sad stretch by stormwatchforever

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #1059
stormwatchforever
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

This is a complete update of the E-75 roadworks from Novi Sad to Subotica. 20.05.2010.

Leaving Novi Sad, part of the ring road construction.

Junction which splits road into two separate sections, one heading directly into the future boulevard and other which continues until the next exit and for the Belgrade as well.

This is a first part of the two 10km sections of motorway which is already built, they're finishing rainwater collectors here.

After the full profile part, single track continues and contours of the new right lane starting to get visible.

This is just after the toll in Vrbas direction.

Last edited by stormwatchforever; May 21st, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
stormwatchforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #1060
stormwatchforever
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

The next section shown continues from Vrbas to Backa Topola

Just in front of the Vrbas, preparation for one of the most complex construction on the whole section is underway, a river crossing.

Last edited by stormwatchforever; May 21st, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
stormwatchforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija