daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #1161
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

It seems like a lot of highway projects are built by domestic firms in Serbia... or am I wrong? Their labor cost is probably cheaper than foreign firms.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #1162
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
in my family cars are powered by LPG since, attention now, 1993. my car is not, by our second car in family is. and i still think they have payed too much attention on LPG availability. although it is definitely usefull information.
That's the only reason they did pay attention on it. It just seems like they are overdoing it because the number of gas stations and other possibilities to refill (AMSS - Auto Club, Motels etc) they adress is so high that it catches your eye (or ear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It seems like a lot of highway projects are built by domestic firms in Serbia... or am I wrong? Their labor cost is probably cheaper than foreign firms.
I don't see what would be wrong with the domestic firms...or on the contrary, what would be better if it were foreign firms. The domestic firms are all experienced in roadbuilding, and they submitted the cheapest offer and by that won the tender. If a foreign firm submitted the cheapest offer they would have won. I think that foreign firms would also use a domestic work force and don't bring them all in from outside, could be wrong though.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #1163
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7679

From what I remember, just a few years back, it was said that domestic firms were too ill-equipped & inexperienced to take on major motorway building contracts - at that time, negotiations were ongoing with a number of foreign companies, such as Austria's Strabag or Alpina-Porr to build certain segments of motorway. Domestic firms would in that case be taken on as sub-contractors.

Large contracts were awarded to some of these of these foreign companies but for some reason, things didn't work out the way they were supposed to. Now all we got to show for it are legal expenses and years of wasted time.

In the meantime, a number of smaller local firms decided to form consortiums, invested money into new equipment and modernization so now they are quite able to bid for and then carry out projects such as motorway construction.

Anyways, here are two nice pics:

Novi Sad-Horgos

Austria's Porr won the ~25 million euro contract to repair a 25km section of Belgrade motorway:

Last edited by CrazySerb; June 29th, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #1164
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Well, our firms are extremely experienced. During Yugolsavia our companies were the biggest developpers in the Middle east and Africa. I think that it is very good that we give job to our companies and not foreign ones, because Governmet wants to improve our construction industry and go back to old markets.
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #1165
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
That's the only reason they did pay attention on it. It just seems like they are overdoing it because the number of gas stations and other possibilities to refill (AMSS - Auto Club, Motels etc) they adress is so high that it catches your eye (or ear).
i don't know, for me this is as they would test where on the route Milka chocolate is available to buy. not the end of the world if a station doesn't have LPG, there is always some gas in their reservoirs so they will not run out of fuel in the middle of a motorway.
Old June 29th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #1166
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

But if you, on a length of 500 km's, miss the gas stations that have LPG and always have to fill up with gas, your trip becomes more expensive than planned. LPG is what the cars run on, it's not Milka
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #1167
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

you can bring Milka with you.

Serbia has bad experience with foreign building companies especially with Austrians.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #1168
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
LPG is what the cars run on, it's not Milka
i doubt no trip longer than 50 km without chocolate for me
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #1169
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Beska bridge...

Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:17 AM   #1170
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

New Sava river bridge - June update:

Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:31 AM   #1171
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Is there any proper map of planned motorways and expressways in Serbia ? It seems like these two types are often confused in news
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM   #1172
drokg
Dezurna jajara

Likes (Received): 8

On wednesday i went from Novi Sad to south...

Great progress i must say (which i do not say very often) on Novi Sad-Beska section... There are a lot of machines and a lot of workers on a ~10km section... New asphalt looks great...

Not very often we have a chance to look a construction of a 2+3+3+2 (i hope that is how it should be written) ...

Unfortunately,no pics... The windows on a bus were filthy...
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:32 PM   #1173
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Little bit of an update from Novi Sad-Horgos(HU border) section...

Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:40 PM   #1174
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Old July 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #1175
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

After that great Belgrade-Thassos drive report, here's the latest one - covering the ~500km drive from Belgrade to Montenegro's top tourist town of Budva. It's about an hour long.

http://www.rts.rs/page/tv/ci/story/1...%90%D0%A2.html
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #1176
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Reconstruction of Belgrade's Gazela bridge (~160,000 AADT) has finally begun...

[/QUOTE]
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #1177
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
After that great Belgrade-Thassos drive report, here's the latest one - covering the ~500km drive from Belgrade to Montenegro's top tourist town of Budva. It's about an hour long.

http://www.rts.rs/page/tv/ci/story/1...%90%D0%A2.html
I am not sure whether the quality of the video allows completely to show how beautiful this road is. Please, upload Belgrade-Sunny beach video. I am really impatient to watch it.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #1178
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Sure, will do as soon as there is such a video

Some great news
Quote:
Works on highway to Montenegro launched

12.7.2010 13:03:00 | Source/Author PressCut
The civil works on the highway Koridor 11, worth RSD 8.65bn in total, have been launched in Nepricava near Lajkovac, stated the Serbian Ministry of Infrastructure. The highway section between Lajkovac and Ub is 12.5 kilometres long and it is a part of the future Belgrade-South Adriatic highway.

The contractor is a consortium of Serbian companies, Poduzece za puteve Beograd, Putevi Uzice and Planum. The deadline is October 2011. Lajkovac was chosen as the starting point for the civil works because the documentation for the section had been prepared and the land bought.
(Tanjug)
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #1179
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Work on Belgrade's new bridge over Danube river officially begins tomorrow

Quote:
Foundation stone laying ceremony for Zemun – Borca Bridge

Belgrade, 13 July 2010 – Minister of National Investment Plan Verica Kalanovic stated today that the foundation stone for the Zemun – Borca Bridge will be laid tomorrow.

In a statement to Radio Television of Serbia, Kalanovic said that the project is based on a bilateral agreement between Serbia and China, adding that a model for carrying out large-scale infrastructure and development projects, which is new to Serbia, will be used in this project.

The project also includes the construction of access roads, the total length of which will be 21.5 kilometres, as well as eight smaller bridges and a number of intersections, she outlined.

Recent negotiations with Chinese partners led to a reduction in construction costs from €320 million to €170 million, she recalled.

The contract obliges engaging subcontractors and using building materials from Serbia in the amount of over 45% of the total financial value of the project.

The financial agreement between the Serbian government and the Chinese Exim bank will be signed on 15 July, she announced.

The deadline for completion of the bridge is three years, she confirmed noting that the access roads need to be completed in two years.

The holder of the project is the Ministry for National Investment Plan while the City of Belgrade is the user and partner in the project.
This new six-lane bridge, with just over 1,500 meters in length, will be an integral part of the outer ring road, marked as "SMT" on this map:

Old July 15th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #1180
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Car accident rate falls by 32.5% since beginning of the year

Quote:
Belgrade, 15 July 2010 – First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Ivica Dacic said today that since the beginning of implementation of the Law on road traffic safety the number of car accidents has fallen significantly.

Presenting a bill on amendments to the law on road traffic safety to parliament members, Dacic emphasised that some changes are still needed though, such as the introduction of fines instead of prison sentences as penalties.

He affirmed that some of the positive effects of the Law are achieving greater discipline and more order in the field of traffic safety.

However, some provisions of this law, the implementation of which started in December last year, are not in line with real conditions and are not appropriate for punishing certain offences.

It would also be much more effective to introduce the possibility of choosing the penalty, meaning a fine instead of imprisonment, which is a practice employed by many European countries.

Giving data on the number of car accidents, casualties and deaths in the first six months of 2010, the Minister outlined that the number of car accidents has fallen by 32.5% since the beginning of the year in comparison to the same period last year.

The number of car accidents with casualties has dropped by 20.1% and with deaths by 32.9% in relation to the same period last year, noting that the total number of casualties is lower by 20.3%.

Dacic observed that the most common causes of accidents are speeding, unsafe overtaking and head-on collisions, as well as driving after drinking alcohol.

Since the beginning of 2010, 21,037 drivers were caught driving after drinking, the Minister specified and added that the in the same period last year, this number was 33, 994.

Dacic noted that accidents are most common on trunk roads and regional roads in populated areas, while accidents with the gravest consequences are recorded on “open roads”.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija