daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1221
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7669

Beobuild brings us some more new shots of Ada bridge construction:

For many more photos, head to:

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:06 PM   #1222
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Amazing bridge !
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:11 PM   #1223
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Nice one guys!

Do you guys finance this bridge by yourselves or do you also have some EU financing? Thanks for the info!

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:04 PM   #1224
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

No EU funding whatsoever.
Construction of the bridge itself is financed with a loan that City of Belgrade took out from EBRD while the access roads are financed out of the city's budget. Total cost is between 180-200 million euros.
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1225
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
No EU funding whatsoever.
Construction of the bridge itself is financed with a loan that City of Belgrade took out from EBRD while the access roads are financed out of the city's budget. Total cost is between 180-200 million euros.
Cool, that's a pretty big investment for you guys, as far as I can tell. The bridge looks really nice, that's the Danube, right?

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:32 PM   #1226
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ No, it's Sava.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM   #1227
Vrachar

Likes (Received): 1627

It's river of Sava, on it's widest part.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM   #1228
cristianu

Likes (Received): 3

Hello.
Is there an updated map of Serbian motorways? with the one's in use and under construction?
cristianu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM   #1229
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Here's a map made by one of our forumers - while shown as complete, Belgrade ring-road and 110km section of motorway between Novi Sad and Horgos (HU border) are currently under construction, as well as sections between Nis & Dimitrovgrad (BG border) and Leskovac-MK border.

Also under construction but not shown here is the first section of motorway between Belgrade and Montenegro border, just south-west of Belgrade.

[img]http://i25.************/i1z2xe.jpg[/img]

Last edited by CrazySerb; August 2nd, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:24 AM   #1230
cristianu

Likes (Received): 3

Thank you, CrazySerb

How many km are from around Leskovac ( where the motorway ends ) to the MK border? I'm going to Greece from Romania and i want to plan my time.
cristianu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM   #1231
Strajder

Likes (Received): 371

About 100km...The road is in good condition, and the speed limit is mostly 80km/h...
Strajder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM   #1232
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Speaking of Romania, about ten days ago, it was mentioned in some newspapers that work on the Vrsac bypass should begin by "month's end".

This bypass will form one section of the future motorway that will eventually run from Romania's border towards Belgrade, and further to Montenegro - so-called "Corridor XI".
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM   #1233
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Motorway from Gazela to Horgos completed before end-year

Quote:
Beska, 3 Aug 2010 – Minister of Infrastructure Milutin Mrkonjic announced today that the motorway section from the Gazela Bridge in Belgrade to Horgos and Kelebija will be completed before the end of the year.

Visiting the works on the northern branch of Corridor 10 and the bridge near Beska, Mrkonjic said that the deadline might be extended by 30 or 60 days when it comes to the completion of the new bridge near Beska.

He declared he is pleased with what has been constructed so far and congratulated workers on the timely on-schedule aspect of the works.

The Minister also explained that there are minor technical problems which are being solved as and when they occur.

Director of the bridge construction project Slobodan Mitrovic, who is a representative of Austria’s Alpina, the company carrying out the construction of the bridge, said that 70% of the bridge has already been completed but added that the hardest part is still ahead.
Video:

Old August 4th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1234
Stelian

Likes (Received): 1493

nice shots of the bridge.How tall is the central pilon now.my guess is 120-130m?
Stelian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #1235
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Its exactly 108 meters according to latest info - so it will grow another 92 meters in height.

Some more pics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWWORLD View Post
Premosten Cukaricki Rukavac

Old August 10th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #1236
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some news...

Quote:
SETTING UP THE FIRST ASPHALT Corridor 10 In early September

Tuesday, 10 August, 2010.
Author: Agency Tanjug

BELGRADE - Construction of the highway on the northern branch of Corridor 10 is currently running at more than 80 kilometers of the route, and the first asphalt will be placed at the end of the month or early September, told Tanjug in the Enterprise Road Belgrade.

Technical Project Director Dusan Kocic said that the asphalt base open in Srbobran and Backa Topola and that by the end of August will be open base near Subotica.

He said that the artists have prepared for paving, which will begin when you are prepared for this long section, stretching from Novi Sad to Horgos and Kelebija.

Kocic said that the work performed by the planned schedule, but that artists have a lot of problems because of the large number of rainy days.

PZP "Beograd" is at the head of the local consortium, in which the company "Roads Uzice, Planum, and juniper berry.

(c)Google Translator
Lots of work ahead...

Quote:
EUR 1.5 billion a year for roads

6.8.2010 14:06:00 | Source/Author PressCut
In the next twenty years, Serbia should invest EUR 1.5 billion a year in order to finish all capital projects, which include road and railway Corridor 10, Corridor 11, the Danube (water) Corridor 7 and bridges in Novi Sad and Belgrade.

Investments of EUR 22 billion in transport infrastructure are planned in the next 17 years. The railway needs EUR 7.44 billion, roads EUR 13.75 billion, internal waterways EUR 475 million, airports EUR 376 million and intermodal transport some EUR 136 million.
(Blic)
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #1237
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19377

Nice. € 1.5 billion per year is quite impressive for a country like Serbia. That is 1.86% of GDP. The Netherlands spends 1.01% of GDP on transport. If we break it down into categories, the Serbian road spending is 1% of GDP while it is 0.34% in the Netherlands.

Good job.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #1238
pitchka
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Yeah well don't get your hopes up too soon, Serbian politicians like to say a lot of things and don't mean it.
pitchka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #1239
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13076

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Nice. € 1.5 billion per year is quite impressive for a country like Serbia. That is 1.86% of GDP. The Netherlands spends 1.01% of GDP on transport. If we break it down into categories, the Serbian road spending is 1% of GDP while it is 0.34% in the Netherlands.

Good job.
Chris, how did you calculte that 1.86% of GDP?
Capt.Vimes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #1240
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1588

I assume ... by dividing €1.5 bill. with GDP estimate for 2010 $80.602 bill. the result is 1.86%

if apples & oranges get sorted (current exchange rate approximately is 1€ = 1.3$) then ...

€1.5 bill. = $1.95 bill.
divided with GDP est. $80.602 bill ... the result is 2.42%
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija