daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:59 PM   #1381
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

No problem!

New development concerning "Corridor XI" - while two sections are already U/C (Vrsac bypass near Romanian border & Ub-Lajkovac section just south-west of Belgrade), the path of the motorway in Belgrade itself was just determined - instead of following the right bank of the Sava river as was previously planned, it will now be built on the left bank of Sava, so as to avoid a strech of land thats prone to landslides. This is a somewhat more expensive option as construction of a new ~1500 meter long bridge across Sava will also be required:

[img]http://i44.************/mauqtw.jpg[/img]

So this map is no longer valid:

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 23rd, 2010 at 09:07 PM.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #1382
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Good news for Belgrade's ring-road - according to latest reports, European Investment Bank (EIB) will provide a ~50 million euro loan towards construction of Sector 5 - a 5,4km section between Orlovaca & Avala. No word yet on any dates or deadlines.

Old September 25th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #1383
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Will the Ub - Lajkovac section be usable by long-distance traffic? It looks like it will be connecting 2 villages in the middle of nowhere, at least for the time being.

Last edited by wyqtor; September 26th, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #1384
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 793

I heard that section from Leskovac to the Macedonian border will be completed by 2012. I doubt this would happen. Isnt Grdelica a tough project for a motorway?

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1385
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Will the Ub - Lajkovac section be usable by long-distance traffic? It looks like it will be connecting 2 villages in the middle of nowhere, at least for the time being.
Well, its just a 12km section of motorway after all, nobody really expects it to connect anything at all. The only reason its already under construction is that land expropriation had already been completed along its path. Pretty soon, work will begin on other sections of the Belgrade-Bar motorway so the whole thing should make more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I heard that section from Leskovac to the Macedonian border will be completed by 2012. I doubt this would happen. Isnt Grdelica a tough project for a motorway?
That's indeed the deadline, not just for the mentioned section but for the entire Corridor X through Serbia (Novi Sad-Horgos, Belgrade bypass, Nis-Dimitrovgrad).
Next year work should be opened on the entire length of Leskovac-MK border motorway.

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 27th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #1386
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Some more details about the EIB loan for Belgrade's ring-road ...

Quote:
EIB €40m loan for Belgrade ring road signed

Belgrade, 27 Sept 2010 – Representatives of the Serbian government, the European Investment Bank (EIB) and public company Putevi Srbije signed agreements today on guarantees and a loan for the construction of a ring road around Belgrade.

The €40 million loan for a 5.4 kilometre section of the ring road from Orlovaca to Avala Road was signed by EIB President Philippe Maystadt and General Director of Putevi Srbije Zoran Drobnjak, while an agreement on guarantees for the loan was signed by Minister of Finance Diana Dragutinovic and Maystadt.

Dragutinovic noted that the loan has been granted under extremely favourable conditions with a 25-year repayment period, a seven-year grace period and a 0.7% interest rate plus Euribor at a six-month level, which is now less than 2%.

She specified that this is the second tranche of a €180 million loan which the EIB approved in 2007, adding that the first tranche amounted to €60 million, while an agreement about the third portion of €80 million will be signed next year.

The Minister indicated that the cost of the works on the ring road have been estimated at €360 million, noting the EIB approved half of this sum, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) another €60 million, while the rest will be provided by Putevi Srbije.

She explained that the EIB plays a key role in attempts to mitigate effects of the crisis, together with the EBRD and the World Bank.

The Minister announced that the EIB will open a regional office in Belgrade in November, noting that since 2001 this Bank has invested €2.6 billion in Serbia and remains its reliable partner.

Maystadt declared that the ring road will increase road safety and alleviate congestion in the capital, adding that this is one of the seven projects the EIB is financing in Serbia and that so far it has earmarked over €700 million for road construction.

Last year the EIB secured €893 million for projects in Serbia and granted almost the same amount this year, while for 2011 it has huge plans for Serbia, Maystadt underlined adding that the Bank provides strong endorsement to Serbia on its EU path.

He affirmed that the EIB will take part in financing Fiat’s car production in Kragujevac, as well as the production of car part suppliers from Serbia.

Drobnjak confirmed that works on the ring road section from Orlovaca to Avala Road will begin in spring and will most likely be completed by June 2012.
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1387
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Update - construction work on Dimitrovgrad bypass, part of the Nis-Dimitrovgrad (BG border) motorway:

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #1388
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 27th, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #1389
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Work has also begun on seven bridges along the path of Dimitrovgrad bypass, longest of which will be half a kilometer long...

Last edited by CrazySerb; September 27th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1390
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ What is going on in the last picture?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #1391
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ What is going on in the last picture?
That's what I'd like to know too... To "me", it looks like a preparation for blasting.
Fargo Wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1392
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

well, the url of the pic is:

Code:
http://www.koridor10.rs/media/stanje/nis_dimitrovgrad/
most-br1/001/93+461_most1_priprema_miniranja_s1.JPG
and a google translation of it:

www.koridor10.rs / media / state / nis_dimitrovgrad / bridge-br1 / 001 / 93 461 prepares a bridge blasting s1. JPG

actually, just the pic filename:
most1_priprema_miniranja_s1
bridge1_preparation_mining_s1

s1 probably short for slika1
(slika1 in english image1/photo1)

Last edited by sallae2; September 28th, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
sallae2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #1393
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

EIB to grant EUR 350 million for Corridor 10 in November
Tanjug - 2 hours ago

Quote:
BELGRADE - Serbian Prime Minister Mirko Cvetkovic said during a meeting with European Investment Bank (EIB) President Philippe Maystadt on Tuesday that the signing of a EUR 350 million loan for Corridor 10, which is expected in late November, will successfully round up the financing of the construction of the main road.
With the expected completion of entire Corridor 10 by 2012, most of Serbia's largest cities (Subotica, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Kragujevac, Nis, Leskovac...) will finally be connected to one another via motorway

Old September 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1394
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

I can`t read Cyrillic script but I am expecting there are 341 km under construction?! Congratulations guys.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #1395
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Cyrillic is quite easy

Koridor 10 kroz republiku Srbiju

X = Obilaznitsa Beograd (Beograd bypass)
X = Grabovnitsa - Preshevo
Xb = Subotica - Novi Sad
Xc = Nish - Dimitrovgrad
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #1396
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

So anyway, anything about if it`s under construction. Chris, I have to learn it!

To compare Guys, we have 100 km under construction

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..

Last edited by seem; September 28th, 2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: What`swrongwithmyEnglishtoday?Theweirdest thing that's happened was when I said "Advert is confused " except of "focused". :D
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #1397
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I'm really impressed by the progress in Serbia in the last couple of years. Certainly EU-worthy in my opinion! (but only if Serbia wants to).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #1398
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

And let's hope Corridor XI will be approved and financed by the EU, to create a better link between Serbia and Romania.
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #1399
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

AFAIK, there has been a recent meting of the transport ministers from Italy, Serbia, Montenegro and Romania and they all will push this corridor for EU financing.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #1400
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
AFAIK, there has been a recent meting of the transport ministers from Italy, Serbia, Montenegro and Romania[..]
I know, CrazySerb wrote about that on the previous page.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija