daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #1461
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Isn't it like "čvor"?
In Croatian.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1462
lindenthaler
ubahnista

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
In Croatian.
Its serbian word too:

Cvor - Large interchange, mostly between 2 or more highways
Petlja - Has two meanings, 1. interchange with an important road ("Mostarska petlja") or usual highway exit complex.

here s example what s what

lindenthaler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #1463
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Serbia's "national road strategy" roadmap - eleven most important projects to be carried out within the next decade or so:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #1464
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Final details concerning construction of Belgrade's new Danube bridge, aka "Chinese bridge", worked out - construction set to begin Spring 2011

Quote:
Zemun – Borca bridge to be built within deadline

Belgrade, 18 Oct 2010 – Minister for the National Investment Plan Verica Kalanovic, Belgrade Mayor Dragan Djilas and Chinese Deputy Minister of Transport Feng Zhenglin agreed today that the Zemun-Borca bridge must be built according to the highest standards and within set deadlines.

A statement by the Ministry for the National Investment Plan reads that Kalanovic and Djilas had separate talks with Zhenglin, representatives of the Chinese Embassy in Serbia and the Chinese company that will build the bridge.

A design with a preliminary cost estimate should be ready by late November and all parties in the meeting voiced the hope that work on the bridge will start in spring 2011 at the latest.

Kalanovic and Zhenglin agreed that the level of communication should be increased so that the trust that has been built would not be hampered, reads the statement.

Also, it was agreed that a foreign company with experience will monitor the dynamics and quality of construction works.

The participants in the meeting highlighted that both sides want to deepen cooperation in the field of the implementation of infrastructural projects in Serbia as well as exchange of expertise and that the construction of the Zemun-Borca bridge marks the beginning of this cooperation.

The two ministries will sign a Memorandum on cooperation on infrastructural projects soon, it is added in the statement.

Old October 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1465
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

petlja is what you physically see (multilevel interchange). čvor is more virtual thing, when you say čvor, you don't point to flyovers, cloverleafs, diamonds... čvor is just place where some more important roads intersect.
Old October 19th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #1466
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13174

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Serbia's "national road strategy" roadmap - eleven most important projects to be carried out within the next decade or so:
Are Pojate-Preljina and Paracin-Zajecar going to be a motorways?
Capt.Vimes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #1467
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Hi guys!

My girlfriend and I and another friend, we want to make a weekend trip in Serbia, starting in the morning Timisoara, Vrsac, Smederevo, Ram, Silver Lake, Veliko Gradiste, Golubac, a liitle of Derdap National Park, then back around Smederevo and finally Beograd, where we will stay for 2 nights (hopefully also find tickets for derby football match). Here is a roadmap I did in Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/hjmg

My question to you is, is the road planning I did ok? I mean, can we follow those roads? Or maybe you know better ones (quality depending, also sightseeing). I hope I posted on the right thread, if not, I apologize, you can send me PMs to not crowd the discussion here. Hvala.

Cheers.

Last edited by cinxxx; October 19th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #1468
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Vimes View Post
Are Pojate-Preljina and Paracin-Zajecar going to be a motorways?
As far as I know Pojate - Preljina is planned as full motorway (hs+2+2+hs, 2 lanes + hard shoulder for each direction), but Paracin - Zajecar as expressway (2+2, 2 lanes each direction, toll free)
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #1469
nnd

Likes (Received): 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Hi guys!

My girlfriend and I and another friend, we want to make a weekend trip in Serbia, starting in the morning Timisoara, Vrsac, Smederevo, Ram, Silver Lake, Veliko Gradiste, Golubac, a liitle of Derdap National Park, then back around Smederevo and finally Beograd, where we will stay for 2 nights (hopefully also find tickets for derby football match). Here is a roadmap I did in Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/hjmg

My question to you is, is the road planning I did ok? I mean, can we follow those roads? Or maybe you know better ones (quality depending, also sightseeing). I hope I posted on the right thread, if not, I apologize, you can send me PMs to not crowd the discussion here. Hvala.

Cheers.
I think you can follow all this roads. But it is a lot for only one day. Maybe it would be better to visit Vrsac on the way back and to choose between Smederevo and Požarevac (I would visit Smederevo). I dont know what you are intrested in but I would not go back without reaching the part of danube near Dubova if you wasnt there before. Maybe it would be better to stay the first night in Donji Milanovac. (Danube is so greate on morning and evening. Romantic too. )
But all depends on weather and your interests - serbian towns and settlements or nature and fortifications.
nnd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #1470
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1603

Today is published Tender for sale of 51% of Telekom Serbia. If things goes as planned, at the beginning of next year, sale will be completed, and around 900 million € from the sale are planned for highway projects:

- motorway Belgrade - Čačak (E763)

- motorway Pojate - Kruševac - Požega - Čačak (E761)

- expressway Ruma - Šabac - Loznica
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #1471
drokg
Dezurna jajara

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post
Today is published Tender for sale of 51% of Telekom Serbia. If things goes as planned, at the beginning of next year, sale will be completed, and around 900 million € from the sale are planned for highway projects:

Both Kragujevac ring roads will be finished also from that money.
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:54 AM   #1472
Majevčan
Српски Форум

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post

Haven't they already pulled credits worth billions(EBRD,IRB etc) for roads in Serbia? Didn't they say that the financial construction for the roads is closed?
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:56 AM   #1473
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

That was for Corridor 10
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:07 PM   #1474
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Interesting...

Quote:
Bechtel wants to build Koridor 11

21.10.2010 12:23:00 | Source/Author PressCut
US company Bechtel is interested in building Koridor 11 in Serbia and the highway sector between Krusevac and Kraljevo and for this, it wants to hire mainly Serbian workforce.

Serbian Minister of Infrastructure Milutin Mrkonjic presented the future highway route to the representatives of Bechtel. Serbian road construction companies also presented their capacities, and the wish to include them in the realization of all large projects in Serbia was expressed. Bechtel believes that it could launch the works in spring 2011.
(Tanjug, Novosti)
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM   #1475
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12048

If Bechtel wants to get it without a tender, that means no EU financing for C XI. Just like Transilvania Motorway here.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM   #1476
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Serbia doesn't get any EU financing anyway. They only get loans which they have to pay back with interest.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:10 PM   #1477
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Same was with Romania in 2004 when we signed "Bechtel" and now cannot get EU money for it as a result.

And BTW, there are pre-accession funds once a country becomes candidate. A lot of infrastructure works in Romania before 2007 were done with ISPA money. Bad news if you sign with Bechtel without a tender is that Romania might not get EU funds for the C XI corridor as well.

I think Serbia should wait for Italy's and Romania's lobby to get C XI into TEN-T and then get financing for it. There are some very tough sections (mountain areas) both in Serbia and Montenegro which will cost a lot. I do not know if the two countries will be able to finance those. And by the time you get to those sections, you'll be already a candidate country and would like to get to EU pre-accession funds.
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:18 PM   #1478
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Serbia is not a candidate, yet, and most if not all road constructions are done with a tender.

Also, ironically, I don't see any EU help towards Serbia in the past 10 years, I've not yet seen one road with one of those "financed by the EU" signs, while I've seen several in Serbias neighbouring countries.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM   #1479
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

That's what I am saying. Serbia may become a candidate in a few years (it's a good probability IMO), have ISPA financing opportunity, and if signs without a tender, EU will not finance the project.

BTW: Transylvania Motorway is the only infrastructure project in Romania without a tender.
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1480
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, we can give the Belgrade-Cacak section of Corridor 11 to Bechtel (or some other similar firm), while we await EU candidate status before continuing on with the much more demanding Cacak-Montenegro border section.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija