daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #1561
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majevčan View Post
Didn't you say that the financial construction was already 'closed' on corridor X?
Indeed, and it is. Everything you read in the article was already agreed upon months or even a whole year earlier, while this is just to make it "official", and maybe provide a little photo op for everyone involved

CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1562
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Few aerial shots of Belgrade's Sava river bridges, including the new U/C Ada bridge - its 200m pylon will be topped out in the first half of December. Meanwhile, Discovery channel has just announced it will film an one hour documentary about its construction

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
[/QUOTE]
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1563
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

nice shots. They couldn't have found worse place for building a bridge.
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:13 PM   #1564
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Well, its still much better than the original proposed location for the bridge - smack dab across Ada Ciganlija island - it would have simply ruined this place as Belgrade's favorite recreation destination

Btw, now that we know the cost of building this bridge, along with all the necessary infrastructure will be in the range of 350-400 million euros, I wonder how much a tunnel would have cost?
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM   #1565
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Handful of fresh photos from the construction site of Novi Sad - Horgos (HU border) motorway:

Kilometers 40 through 45:

Kilometers 45 through 50:

Old December 4th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1566
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Discovery channel crew filming the construction of Belgrade's new Ada bridge - the show is expected to air sometime in May 2011:

Old December 5th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #1567
drokg
Dezurna jajara

Likes (Received): 8

Extreme Engineering? I love that show!
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #1568
celik.ZE

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Well, its still much better than the original proposed location for the bridge - smack dab across Ada Ciganlija island - it would have simply ruined this place as Belgrade's favorite recreation destination

Btw, now that we know the cost of building this bridge, along with all the necessary infrastructure will be in the range of 350-400 million euros, I wonder how much a tunnel would have cost?
Every project is different and it's hard to compare costs, but just to get an idea - the Sydney Harbor Tunnel, 2.8 km long, completed in 1992, cost A$554.25 million* = ~ €410.69 (at today's exchange rate).

I'm not sure how to adjust this for inflation, but given the fact that the "Ada Tunnel" would be half the length (~1 km if I'm not mistaken) of the Sydney Harbor Tunnel, my (somewhat educated) guess is that it could land in the same price range as the bridge.

*source= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Harbour_Tunnel

Last edited by celik.ZE; December 5th, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
celik.ZE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #1569
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11828

So the time is near when one can drive from lets say Lisboa, Portugal to Athens, Greece entirely on motorway, right? I mean apart from Leskovac-SRB border there is only a longer part in Greece missing if Im not mistaken (assuming that you take Croatian A3 for the trip not Hungarian M5).
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #1570
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
So the time is near when one can drive from lets say Lisboa, Portugal to Athens, Greece entirely on motorway, right? I mean apart from Leskovac-SRB border there is only a longer part in Greece missing if Im not mistaken (assuming that you take Croatian A3 for the trip not Hungarian M5).
Why take the A3? There will be just one border crossing if you take the M5.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1571
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Yes I know about the border crossings, but I'm not sure when the Horgos-Novi Sad section is ready. And I dont want to drive on it until its only half-profile (I hate such roads) So you can spare this section when driving through Croatia.
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1572
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Why take the A3? There will be just one border crossing if you take the M5.
it is closer
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #1573
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
I'm living under the impression that there are a few non-motorway sections in Macedonia as well.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1574
Мартин

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
I'm living under the impression that there are a few non-motorway sections in Macedonia as well.
There is only one missing section on the E75, between Demir Kapija and Smokvica which is around 30km. Construction should start at the beginning of 2011.
Мартин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1575
JackFrost
Hun Solo

The stretch just after the serbian border is already done in Macedonia? So its really all about that approx 100 kms after Leskovac (and the Tempe Valley section Greece).
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #1576
Andrej_LJ

Likes (Received): 5204

No, Kumanovo-Tabanovce (RS border) is still under construction, it should be finished until the summer of 2011, after many broken deadlines. But it is a very short, 8 km section.

Great progress in Vojvodina. When should we expect the highway from Leskovac to reach Presevo? I know that the section that has been opened last year around Presevo is still not function properly, since it is not completely finished. What is the problem and what is keeping them so long?
Andrej_LJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #1577
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Likes (Received): 52

There are no problems on Presevo-Levosoje section, they just need to build hard shoulder on the older part of the motorway, and to repave it, and that's it. But that requires land expropriation, which can be a very long process in Serbia, since it has to be funded from the MoInf budget, and not from foreign loans.
Need4Weed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #1578
Andrej_LJ

Actually the last time I passed on this section (that was in August this year), there was a lot of work left to be done. As you said, one carriageway has to be widened and the bridges on it to be reconstructed. Also almost all overpasses and interchanges were not done yet, nor they were working on them. There is one gas station that is on the road, that hasn’t been expropriated yet, so the road on few parts goes from being a dual carriageway to single carriageway. The net was not even in place and the speed limit was around 80 km/h. So I am wondering why work is not continuing, the opening was already year and a half ago.
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #1579
Need4Weed
Urbani ljakse

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrej_LJ View Post
Actually the last time I passed on this section (that was in August this year), there was a lot of work left to be done. As you said, one carriageway has to be widened and the bridges on it to be reconstructed. Also almost all overpasses and interchanges were not done yet, nor they were working on them. There is one gas station that is on the road, that hasn’t been expropriated yet, so the road on few parts goes from being a dual carriageway to single carriageway. The net was not even in place and the speed limit was around 80 km/h. So I am wondering why work is not continuing, the opening was already year and a half ago.
That's because they need to complete the expropriation process before they continue with project documentation, which afterwards needs to be evaluated and approved by the Ministry of Infrastructure and by the Serbian road company. Only then they are allowed to proceed with construction, in accordance with Article 7 paragraph 1 of the Law on public procurement. As far as the official "opening" is concerned, it was just another PR stunt. But that's nothing unusual here, it happens all the time, for example, the highway to Novi Sad was officially "opened" three or four times, despite the fact that one part of it is still to be upgraded to a full motorway. :lol
Need4Weed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #1580
Andrej_LJ

Oh tell me about it. In Macedonia they are constructing this 8km highway for 3 years already. Anyway Serbia is doing a good job, you have quite a lot of construction going on towards Hungary and Bulgaria. It seems to me that now the highway to Sofia will be a greater priority than the one to Skopje - Grdelica gauge is probably going to take a lot of money and effort. I don't see this Vranje-Leskovac section open sooner than 2015.

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija