daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #1701
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by petschovschi View Post
On 26.03 I will be in Zenica for football game Bosnia- Romania.

Which is the best route between Belgrad and Sarajevo (without entering in Croatia) ?
Belgrade-Cacak-Uzice-Visegrad-Sarajevo.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #1702
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Belgrade's new Sava river bridge - February update:

CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1703
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by takini View Post
image hosted on flickr
I think this bridge looks very nice.

Maybe it's open for traffic in summer this year? That's maybe means motorway all the way from Budapest to Belgrade?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #1704
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Belgrade-Cacak-Uzice-Visegrad-Sarajevo.
No way!
Beograd - Sabac - Loznica - Zvornik - Vlasenica - Sokolac - Sarajevo

And if you want to go to Zenica than: Beograd - Kuzmin - Bijeljina - Brcko - Obudovac - Samac - Doboj - Zenica
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #1705
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 160

The Sava Bridge February 2011.

Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #1706
cylens

Likes (Received): 1

coming from Slovenia going to Romania.
wich is the best way to go?
Someone can tell me a calculator for the toll on serbian motorways?
cylens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #1707
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

Where do you go in Romania?
I know I did a little research one, from Timisoara to Ljubljana, the time on the road was kind of the same if you go Ljubljana-Zagreb-Belgrade-Timisoara or Ljubljana-Budapest-Timisoara. The latter had the advantage of traveling only in EU (also Schengen), so it could be quicker, also should be cheaper, buying only the HU-vignette. A friend of mine did this route.

http://goo.gl/maps/aj2i
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=46....5&q2=timisoara

But it's important where you want to go in Romania, for example if you want Oradea, I would say go through HU, if you want something more south, maybe HR and SRB should be quicker.
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #1708
cylens

Likes (Received): 1

I've to go to Bozovici, so entering in Romania on Naidas, i suppose...
cylens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #1709
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylens View Post
I've to go to Bozovici, so entering in Romania on Naidas, i suppose...
Indeed. In that case I think SLO --> HR --> SRB --> RO would be the logical choice.

Pay very much attention: for Romania you should buy a vignette (Rovinieta) not only on motorways but even when you drive on national routes (like Naidăş-Oraviţa-Bozovici)! I know, it's stupid, but that's the way it is. Plus, the road is still under rehabilitation so some sections are in poor condition.
For a car the cheapest Rovinieta is 7 Eur/30 days.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; March 13th, 2011 at 05:22 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #1710
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Digest route:

SLO ---> via E70 --> HR --> SRB --> Through Belgrade (Be careful, because Gazela bridge over Sava is under reconstruction, so there will be some road restrictions) --> Pančevo bridge --> Vršac road --> Uljma --> Bela Crkva --> Kaluđerovo --> Romania

Toll through Serbia: Šid - Šimanovci is 3,5 EUR for cars. There is no toll from Belgrade to Romanian border
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #1711
osarkin

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurizmo View Post
It's under construction and, as our authorities said, part from Horgos to Novi sad will be completed in March 2011. Only Beska bridge on Danube will be completed during 2012.
Hello. I will on 27 march will drive from Netherlands to Turkey, Antalya So i can eat Antalya babana
My route:
Germany; A31, A3 --
Austria; Linz, Wien --
Hungary; Gyor, Budapest, Szeged --
Serbia; E75 Hogros, Subotica, Novi sad, beograd to Macedonia --
Macedonia
Greece; Selanik, Kavala, Dedeagac, border Turkey

Tips are well come. How far is the way from Horgos to Novi sad? it's march now.
I have a lease car, is this a problem? I hava paper from lease in englisch and german.
osarkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #1712
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by osarkin View Post
Hello. I will on 27 march will drive from Netherlands to Turkey, Antalya So i can eat Antalya babana
My route:
Germany; A31, A3 --
Austria; Linz, Wien --
Macedonia

I have a lease car, is this a problem? I hava paper from lease in englisch and german.
Maybe, the drive directly via Bulgaria (Nis-Kalotina-Sofia-Plovdiv-Edirne) is the shorter route - if you compare it with the route via Macedonia and Greece. You would have to decide about it when you arrive in Nis/Serbia.

The route via Hungary will be a bit cheaper and faster in comparison with the alternative route through Austrian Alps (tolled tunnels) and Slovenia/Croatia (tolled motorways).

In Austria, you would bypass Vianna via the motorways A21 and S1. If I note any alternative route - to Gyoer - the suggestion might be following...: A30 - Osnabrueck - A2 - Hannover - Magdeburg - A14 - Leipzig - A4 - Dresden - A17 - D/CZ - D8 - Prague - D1 - Brno - D2 - CZ/SK - Bratislava - SK/HU - M15 - Mosonmagyarovár - M1 - Gyoer...
But the route via Austria - IMO - is certainly all right and the right choice for you as well.

I do not know if - for example - there are any troubles with the translation of that document at Serbian borders etc.....
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #1713
panda80

I don't think you can have problems at the serbian border but you may have some problems at the turkish one. It's better to translate your paper in turkish also. I also would suggest the route through Bulgaria, less km's and less borders.
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #1714
Djurizmo
Citizen of Europe

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by osarkin View Post
My route:
Germany; A31, A3 --
Austria; Linz, Wien --
Macedonia

Well, you are on the right place, because I was driving from Serbia to Antalya several times.

1. From Horgoš to Novi sad there is 110 km. There is only 2 x 10 km of completed motorway and the rest of the route is still under construction. So, 80 km/h limit, 1+1 lane. 3,5 EUR toll. There is no problem with leased car. English paper is enough.

2. From Novi Sad to Belgrade is motorway, excluding Beška bridge over Danube. 2,5 EUR toll.

3. Through Belgrade pay attention on Gazela bridge over Sava, because it's under reconstruction, so there will be some driving restrictions. Just follow directions to Niš.

4. Belgrade to Niš, full motorway. 7.5 EUR toll.

5. My advice is to go through Bulgaria. It's shorter and you have one border less. So, from Niš to BG border is 1+1 highway. 80 km/h limit. Be careful if you will drive during night, because it's pretty heavy traffic there and big trucks driving fast in curves.

6. Kalotina - Sofia, 1+1 highway. Be careful during night, because this section is not maintained well. There is no catadiopters and paint on the road is not in good conditions. BG vignette can be purchased on border crossing for, as I can remember, 5 EUR for 7 days.

7. When entering Sofia, just follow "околовръстен път" and go on Trakia motorway (A1).

8. From Sofia to Plovdiv, full motorway. Follow direction PLOVDIV, ISTANBUL.

9. From Plovdiv to Turkey border there is some motorway section, but mainly 1+1 through villages and towns. It's well organized, although pretty heavy traffic.

10. Kapitan Andreevo/Kapikule border crossing is very big and well organized. I don't think that there will be problem with leased car, because a lot of Turks going home to Turkey have leased car. It's only important for them, that you exit Turkey with same car that you drove in. They will stamp your passport twice. Entry stamp and "car stamp". Same procedure when going home backwards. Because in Turkey gasoline is very expensive, fill your tank to top in Bulgaria. There is some "duty free" petrol station with cheap gas.

11. Turkey otoyol (motorway), one of the finest motorways I was driving at. Three lanes + shoulders. Follow directions to Çanakkale. Toll is around 1 EUR. When you arrive to Eceabat, take ferry to Çanakkale. It's 15 EUR per car. No passenger tickets. If you want to take a break, Çanakkale is best place to do so. Cheap and clean hotels with parking lots.

12. From Çanakkale go towards Izmir. Some of that road is dual carriageway and on some sections is 1+1.

13. From Izmir you have motorway to Aydin. I can't recall toll price, but it was very cheap.

14. From Aydin take 1+1 road to Denizli

15. From Denizli, beautiful mountain road to Antalya.

Have a nice trip, and feel free to ask some more questions.
Djurizmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #1715
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

The route through Bulgaria may be shorter in km's, but I don't think it will make much of a time difference to the one through Greece (I even think it may take longer, depending on your vehicle, traffic and the conditions on the road) because in Greece you have a motorway/highway while from Nis to Bulgaria and in Bulgaria you will mostly travel on small roads that are often not in a good condition and which you have to share with trucks and heavy traffic, which means you will have to drive much slower.

And there's also the safety factor, highways are much safer than small roads. Not to mention convenience and orientation, such a long drive is exhausting all by itself, but driving on the highway, even in rain, is much more relaxing (less exhausting) than on small, bad roads with heavy traffic where you have to be 100% alert all time and which can have you sweaty and sitting on the edge of your seat in less than half an hour, and if it rains (It's march after all, not august ) everything gets 10 times worse, the visibility is low, the road is bad and narrow, trucks that cut corners everywhere and people that drive like maniacs means you'll probably be driving 60 instead of 80...if even that. Which means you travel a lot longer.

Plus orientation on a highway is better, with big and clear signs. If it was me, I would go through Greece. I've driven the route from Nis through Bulgaria before, and it was not a pleasant experience. Even though it was summer. I, personally, wouldn't want to do it in March. Why some Bulgarian Forumers think that they have to recommend you to drive through Bulgaria (what do they think they'll gain from it?!) is beyond me. Stay on the highways and you'll have a good drive. It's thousands of km's after all. There are good Motels in Germany, Austria (they're called Raststätte or Rasthaus, some of them have rooms) and Serbia (Motel), so you won't have to do it all non-stop and will arrive safely.
There's no point in dying or loosing half your life's worth of nerves over a few hours of your life.

Wish you a safe trip!
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #1716
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

The route over Macedonia and Greece is 250 km longer.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #1717
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Longer means exactly nothing, if you travel faster. That's why we use the 40km ring-roads where you can drive 120 instead of going straight through a city, which is only 15km's long, but will take you over an hour because the average travelling speed is 30-40km/h. So it takes you three times longer. The same could apply/happen here. You guys are saying the "but that way is longer" line like it would automatically mean that it will also take him longer, which is not true. I'd rather spend the same amount of time driving on a highway than on bumpy backroads, even if the km's travelled are more, I don't feel them if my travelling time is the same or even quicker. The percentage of time he will spend on highways is probably a lot higher if he goes through Greece. In the end, that's just my opinion.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #1718
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
Longer means exactly nothing, if you travel faster. That's why we use the 40km ring-roads where you can drive 120 instead of going straight through a city, which is only 15km's long, but will take you over an hour because the average travelling speed is 30-40km/h. So it takes you three times longer. The same could apply/happen here. You guys are saying the "but that way is longer" line like it would automatically mean that it will also take him longer, which is not true. I'd rather spend the same amount of time driving on a highway than on bumpy backroads, even if the km's travelled are more, I don't feel them if my travelling time is the same or even quicker. The percentage of time he will spend on highways is probably a lot higher if he goes through Greece. In the end, that's just my opinion.
I don't think you have more km's of motorways by going through Greece. In Serbia, Macedonia and Greece the motorway is not finished yet. The route Nis-Bulgaria-Istanbul-Antalya is the one which goes most of the time on 2+2 roads. From Edirne to Antalya you travel only on 2+2 roads.
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1719
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

250km more means more than 20l of gas more to buy. And gas is quite expensive in Greece. Moreover, motorways in Macedonia and Greece are tolled, in Bulgaria they are free.

But he has a head on his shoulders-he can decide whatever he likes.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1720
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Second phase of reconstruction work on Gazella bridge, Belgrade's busiest, has begun today...

Also, work on Belgrade's ring-road was supposed to continue today as well.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
путеви, motorways, putevi, serbia, srbija