daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #21
shtoopid

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah! Monterrey View Post
I would like to understand why S.Francico only has 800,000 Habitants; When the city is one of the biggers of USA
it's not. it's actually pretty small compared to la, houston, ny, chicago, ect.

it's not even the biggest city in the san francisco bay area
shtoopid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #22
Soul_13
Advocatus Diaboli

Likes (Received): 152

The metro area it's around 4.5 million and because it's the 2nd most dense city in US it feels much bigger that Houston. I visited last year and after New York's by far the most beautifull and vibrant city. It has a proper continental feeling. Loved it

Last edited by Soul_13; February 8th, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Soul_13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:45 AM   #23
shtoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezgotolondon View Post
why? winds? fog?

what about the surroundings weather? is it better? maybe under the SF peninunsula,near San Jose, on the other side of the bay, on north.

California seems to have a awesome climate, and SF area better landscapes and urban areas than LA and San diego.

Seems perfect. you mention that problem, can you describe it better? mabe looks terrible to you because you live in this place, but for people who came from other climates could be better, at least a slighty less terrible
most of the bay area has great weather, but the city is always just a little bit colder, windier, and less sunny than its surroundings. it does change a little bit depending on which part of the city you're at.
i've lived in good weather my whole life, but i guess if you're from london, or seattle, or something then it's pretty nice i guess.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #24
shtoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_13 View Post
The metro area it's around 4.5 million and because it's the 2nd most dense city in US it feels much bigger that Houston. I visited last year and after New York's by far the most beautifull and vibrant city. It has a proper continental feeling. Loved it
yeah, but that's the bay area. most of those cities aren't even direct suburbs of san francisco