daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #1621
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL
 
keokiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halsteren (NL)
Posts: 3,675
Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese_Almaghrebia View Post
Lampposts are more expensive than reflecting markings. Even your country wants lampposts on the Dutch highways but it's to expensive for Holland.
We don't want them anymore because of the environment. For example the A4 passing Halsteren has no lights, because it goes through a small forest area. But lets stick with Belgium here
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #1622
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
We don't want them anymore because of the environment. For example the A4 passing Halsteren has no lights, because it goes through a small forest area. But lets stick with Belgium here
So you want to talk about the environment? Flanders has sustainable development that is ten times better than Holland. We have rejected all plans from Nuon, Electrabel,... to build a coal plant in Flanders. They are now building their plants in...HOLLAND! But that's an other discussion.

We think about safety first in Flanders. All flemish citizens, including me have become accustomed to an enlightened highway. It feels really strange to be driving in the dark.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #1623
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Belgium has one of the worst and most antiquated energy networks in Europe. You also pay the highest electricity bills. It's not really sustainable to import coal-produced energy from the Netherlands, the environment does not stop at borders.

Are you wimpie's colleague from the Flanders propaganda department?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #1624
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Belgium has one of the worst and most antiquated energy networks in Europe. You also pay the highest electricity bills. It's not really sustainable to import coal-produced energy from the Netherlands, the environment does not stop at borders.

Are you wimpie's colleague from the Flanders propaganda department?
We already know that. But our governement wants to be more responsible then the past and we want to control our emissons again. Approving a coalplant to be build these days is one of the most irresponsible decisions one can make. There are many alternative's.

You just have to admit that Flanders a diamant is West- Europe. We are doing it even better then Germany with a high minimum wage. But again that are other discussions.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #1625
slickman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Amarante
Posts: 1,188
Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese_Almaghrebia View Post

We think about safety first in Flanders. All flemish citizens, including me have become accustomed to an enlightened highway. It feels really strange to be driving in the dark.
Never left Flanders by car? Germany´s Autobahn are really beautyful by night. Empty and no speed limit
__________________
mAMARANTEs
slickman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #1626
joshsam
JR
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 7,165
Likes (Received): 5408

Lebanese_Almaghrebia,

You are making a fool of all Belgians in this forum,
please don't brag out bullshit like: Belgian highways are the best 1111!!!
when it's clearly not the case. I don't say they are bad, but there are lot's of improvements to be made to get to the same level as some other countries.
Lighting or not...

Many thanks,
Joshua, a fellow country man.
__________________
Ceci n'est pas un pays, een bananenrepubliek ja!
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #1627
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickman View Post
Never left Flanders by car? Germany´s Autobahn are really beautyful by night. Empty and no speed limit
Yes, I have left Belgium many times by car. Our highways are never empty

If I'm in a foreign country I always stop at night. It's just strange to drive at night.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #1628
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
Lebanese_Almaghrebia,

You are making a fool of all Belgians in this forum,
please don't brag out bullshit like: Belgian highways are the best 1111!!!
when it's clearly not the case. I don't say they are bad, but there are lot's of improvements to be made to get to the same level as some other countries.
Lighting or not...

Many thanks,
Joshua, a fellow country man.
Can you give me 1 example where I have sad that?
I think we should be proud of our road system, espacially in Flanders. Our highways will all be renewed in 2020 with possibly a maximum limit of 130 km/h.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #1629
Road_UK
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mayrhofen AT, Sneek NL, Bromley UK
Posts: 5,855
Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese_Almaghrebia View Post
Our highways will all be renewed in 2020 with possibly a maximum limit of 130 km/h.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #1630
Road_UK
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mayrhofen AT, Sneek NL, Bromley UK
Posts: 5,855
Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese_Almaghrebia View Post
So you want to talk about the environment? Flanders has sustainable development that is ten times better than Holland. We have rejected all plans from Nuon, Electrabel,... to build a coal plant in Flanders. They are now building their plants in...HOLLAND! But that's an other discussion.

We think about safety first in Flanders. All flemish citizens, including me have become accustomed to an enlightened highway. It feels really strange to be driving in the dark.
I find you very irritating. Not only do you talk a load of shit... You don't even know what you're talking about. I bet you don't even have a drivers licence.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #1631
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
It appears that you know better.

http://www.hbvl.be/nieuws/binnenland...g-in-2012.aspx
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #1632
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I find you very irritating. Not only do you talk a load of shit... You don't even know what you're talking about. I bet you don't even have a drivers licence.
Good argument. Your argument tells us more about you than me.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #1633
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL
 
keokiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halsteren (NL)
Posts: 3,675
Likes (Received): 2629

He does know better: 140 km of highway will be renewed, but nowhere it says that a max speed of 130 km/h will come there. Learn to read
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #1634
joshsam
JR
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 7,165
Likes (Received): 5408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I find you very irritating. Not only do you talk a load of shit... You don't even know what you're talking about. I bet you don't even have a drivers licence.
Well, he might say some things that aren't completely true, but I've never seen you saying anything positive about Belgian roads, EVER. You have pretty much weared out your welcome here by breaking down everything about Belgian roads time afther time. you find him irritating? Try looking at yourself.
__________________
Ceci n'est pas un pays, een bananenrepubliek ja!
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1635
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
He does know better: 140 km of highway will be renewed, but nowhere it says that a max speed of 130 km/h will come there. Learn to read
No he does not know and apperently you don't as well. It's says that 140 km of highway will be renewed in 2012.

"Tegen 2015 wil ik het snelwegennetwerk op peil hebben en tegen 2020 het gewestwegennetwerk", aldus Crevits.

Last edited by Lebanese_Almaghrebia; December 27th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #1636
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL
 
keokiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halsteren (NL)
Posts: 3,675
Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese_Almaghrebia View Post
No he does not know and apperently you don't as well. It's says that 140 km of highway will be renewed in 2012.
That's exactly what I said, but without adding the 2012...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese_Almaghrebia View Post
"Tegen 2015 wil ik het snelwegennetwerk op peil hebben en tegen 2020 het gewestwegennetwerk", aldus Crevits.
Yeah, but still: nowhere does it say that the max. speed will go up to 130 km/h
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #1637
Lebanese_Almaghrebia
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tangier & Beirut
Posts: 160
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
Yeah, but still: nowhere does it say that the max. speed will go up to 130 km/h
I thought you were discussing the fact that I sad that our highway will be renewed by 2015.

I sad they probably change it. It's still a discussion here but by 2020 I'm sure that it will change.
Lebanese_Almaghrebia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #1638
Road_UK
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mayrhofen AT, Sneek NL, Bromley UK
Posts: 5,855
Likes (Received): 1599

Renewing a network by a certain time is nothing but an admission that your network sucks at this present time. That was why I was laughing.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #1639
joshsam
JR
 
joshsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sint-Truiden
Posts: 7,165
Likes (Received): 5408

Our network doesn't 'suck' at the moment. It's not even worse than France to say at least. Stay away and look at your own countries freaking roads and stay on your damn Island or in your mountain valley where roads are apparently paved with gold.
__________________
Ceci n'est pas un pays, een bananenrepubliek ja!
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #1640
Road_UK
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mayrhofen AT, Sneek NL, Bromley UK
Posts: 5,855
Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
Our network doesn't 'suck' at the moment. It's not even worse than France to say at least. Stay away and look at your own countries freaking roads and stay on your damn Island or in your mountain valley where roads are apparently paved with gold.
It's a lot worse to say at least. Me and all my colleagues think so. I don't live on an island, I live in a ski-resort in Austria, or does Mayrhofen sound British to you? I'm a Dutch citizen with a British dad, and I travel between the UK and all of Europe in a van doing deliveries. We all want to avoid Belgium if we could, but God decided to build a scrapyard right between France, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autoroute, autoselweg, belgië, belgium, flanders, snelweg, vlaanderen, wallon, wallonia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium