daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Cityscapes & Urban Development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 5.00 average.
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #381
mirzazeehan

Likes (Received): 269

Police Plaza Chittagong

GD Trade Center,Agrabad,Chittagong

These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh
mirzazeehan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 13th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #382
jason.kazi
Supermember

Likes (Received): 710

CDA's mega project of outer ring road

Pankaj Dastider

CHITTAGONG, May 11: The Chittagong Development Authority (CDA) has undertaken a mega project for construction of 14.7 kilometre long outer ring road from Patenga to Sagorika Stadium road to save millions of people living along the coast of the Bay of Bengal plus major installations including the international airport and CEPZ from natural disasters.

Under the project the authority will elevate the height of the existing town protection embankment from 20-23 feet to 31-33 feet re-shaping it into embankment-cum-highway of 60 feet wide with four lanes for transportation of heavy duty vehicles from the port to other parts of the country without entering the city's mainland.

The CDA is implementing the Chittagong City Outer Ring Road project at an estimated cost of Tk 8.56 billion. The project is scheduled to be completed within December 2014 in joint collaboration of JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) and the government of Bangladesh, officials said.

Japan Bank of International Cooperation (JBIC) is funding 80 per cent of the total cost of the project that stands at over Tk 6.81 billion while Bangladesh government provides the rest 20 per cent (Tk 1.75 billion).

Project director Kazi Hasan bin Shams said JBIC conducted a pilot study on multi-sector infrastructure development under Special Assistance for Project Formation (SAPROF) that included six sectors such as a) highway and bridges, b) port, c) railway, d) power, e) telecommunication and f) water supply and sanitation.

Four projects were determined under highway and bridges, one of which was Coastal Road Construction and Embankment Strengthening Project. Chittagong Outer Ring Road project is an important component of the embankment strengthening project, he said.

Feasibility study of the project was completed in January 2009 and it was decided that the ring road would be implemented on the existing embankment constructed by Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB) as the existing structure is not capable enough to save the nearby infrastructures and the people residing along the coast.

According to the project three connecting roads under feeder road-1, feeder road-2 and feeder road-3 will join with the 60-feet wide and 33-feet high ring road which will be used as the main transportation passage of all kinds of heavy duty vehicles from the city to the outbound destinations.

According to an official estimate 138,882 people died and national wealth worth billions of taka was washed away in the devastating cyclone and water surge of 29 April 1991.

Chairman of CDA Abdus Salam told the FE last Wednesday that the city will take a complete new look and millions of people living along the coastal area in the city will get rid of natural disasters.

Major installations like Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong Export Processing Zone, Karnaphuli Export Processing Zone, Chittagong Maritime Port, Bangladesh Navy Port, oil installations of Jamuna, Meghna and Padma, Chittagong Dry Dock, Eastern Refinery and other infrastructure facilities will get spared of the disaster as well, he hoped.

CDA is currently implementing 20 projects of construction and expansion of roads and highways in Chittagong city and beyond involving more than Tk 20 billion including three flyovers in the city, two residential areas and a dormitory for BGMEA workers. The outer ring road project is the biggest of them.

CDA Chairman Abdus Salam, who was assigned the job by the Prime Minister, Sheikh Hasina, in September 2009, has already implemented seven road development and extension projects, while six others are under process, officials said.

Source: Financial Express
jason.kazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #383
British-Bangladeshi

Likes (Received): 0

Nice.
I wonder how the ring round will look like?
British-Bangladeshi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #384
British-Bangladeshi

Implement ongoing CHT projects fast: PM

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday directed the authorities concerned to speedily implement the ongoing development projects in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT).

Sheikh Hasina gave the directives when parliament members of the CHT region -- State Minister for CHT Affairs DipankarTalukdar, Bir Bahadur and Jatindra Lal Tripua – met her at her office in the afternoon.

Briefing reporters after the meeting, PM’s Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad said the CHT lawmakers apprised the Prime Minister of various ongoing development programmes of the CHT and problems of the region.

Hasina heard the problems of the CHT region and gave necessary directives to this end.

PMO Secretary Molla Waheeduzzman, CHT Affairs Secretary Nabo Bikram Kishore Tripura and Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad were also present.

News Source:
UNB
British-Bangladeshi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #385
tanvir_colg

Likes (Received): 4

an unknown high rise residential project
http://youtu.be/U3kPzLW-epU
tanvir_colg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #386
mirzazeehan

Looks Mighty!I am sure the design was inspired by the 2 swords in the Bangladesh Army's Logo.Construction work has already started,

Bangabandhu Multipurpose Complex
at Bangladesh Military Academy,Chittagong

These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh

Last edited by mirzazeehan; May 29th, 2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #387
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzazeehan View Post
Looks Mighty!I am sure the design was inspired by the 2 swords in the Bangladesh Army's Logo.Construction work has already started,

There they go again! Another "Bangabandhu" building.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #388
mirzazeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
Towhid bhai,don't worry about such things...names change,buildings don't
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #389
jason.kazi
Supermember

World Trade Center Chittagong is expected to be completed in June 2012, with space for rent ads already in the newspapers.

Here's two other projects:

Mishmak Miskat Arcade, Agrabad C/A

Rupayan City Center, Agrabad C/A

Old May 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #390
jahidus2005

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:

thanks bhai for the update but when can we expect that to be completed
jahidus2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #391
Manazir

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
That's what I was gonna point out too! Come on, its in a military complex, atleast name something after some military personnel!!
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #392
tanvir_colg

eta kothay banano hocche .can anyone plz tell me ?
Old May 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #393
Tanjim91

Sylhet is going to get 2 new 5 star hotels.

Sylhet is now goint to get 2 new 5 star hotels.
Sylhet has already a 5 star hotel-Hotel Roseview Complex.Now UK resident 6 sylheti businessmen are investing in sylhet for 5 star hotel 'Hotel Grand Sylhet'.The most works have been completed.The inside works are going on.Perhaps In middle of 2013 the hotel will start its business.It has 200 rooms with all the facilities of 5 star hotels.The cost of the hotel is 230 crore taka.Another hotel is 'Exelcisor Height' in the centre of sylhet city.Its foundation is recently established.The hotel will start business probably from 2015.Its cost is 150 crore taka and 50 british bangladeshis are establishing it.Sylhet has another good hotel named 'Nazimgarh Resort' which is a 3 star resort will all modern facilities.Many guests from all around the country and foreigners rated it as the best resort of bangladesh.
For details please visit here:
http://www.bonikbarta.com/2012-05-19...ils/31767.html
Tanjim91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #394
jason.kazi
Supermember

New Ctg convention centre on the cards

CHITTAGONG, MAY 26: Forest and Environment Minister Dr. Hasan Mahmud said that an international standard ‘Exposition and Convention Center’ will be constructed at city’s Koibulladham area under Pahartali police station in the port city to turn the city into a global city. There is no complication regarding the land as the owner of the land, Bangladesh Shipping Corporation, has already agreed to allot the land and the ministry of shipping decided to construct the convention center, he added.
Dr. Hasan Mahmud said this while visiting the proposed land site at Koibulladham area on Saturday. He was accompanied by Members of Parliamentary Standing Committee for Shipping Ministry Nasrul Hamid Bipu MP, Shamsul Hoque Chowdhury MP, Mostafa Kamal Pasha MP, Chairman of Chittagong Port Authority Rear Admiral Nizam Uddin Ahmed, Director General of Maritime Transport Department Commodore Jubayer and Managing Director of Bangladesh Shipping Corporation (BSC) Commodore Mokhsudul Quader, among others.
Talking to the journalists Dr. Hasan said that the 12.77 acres land of BCS is a hilly plain land and the natural beauty of the surrounding places made the land suitable for constructing the convention center. The expert team has also visited the proposed site and given positive concern about the land, he added.
He said there will be no need to cut hills and only dressing some parts of the hills the convention center will be constructed on the land which is almost double of the Bangabandhu International Convention Center in the capital.
It might be mentioned here that a 35 acres land owned by Water Development Board near Chittagong Port was primarily selected at the middle of last year to construct the convention center. A feasibility study was also done for the mega project but later there arose some complication regarding the land so the new site has been selected recently.

Source: The Independent
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:33 PM   #395
skydrill

Likes (Received): 7

wow,
bangladesh is awesome!!!!!

Last edited by skydrill; June 2nd, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
skydrill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:50 PM   #396
mirzazeehan

Thanks a lot for your kind words bro..please consider visiting Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_colg View Post
eta kothay banano hocche .can anyone plz tell me ?
As far as I know,it is being built at the Bangladesh Military Academy at Chittagong.Dont know more than that...
Old June 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM   #397
tanvir_colg

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your kind words bro..please consider visiting Bangladesh

As far as I know,it is being built at the Bangladesh Military Academy at Chittagong.Dont know more than that...
thnx zeehan bhaia.

finally got the location of bangladesh military academy.

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:41 PM   #398
mirzazeehan

Great find bro....the building seems to be coming up nicely!

How far is this place from the agrabad area?And is it like inside the cantonment or isolated from the rest of the city?
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM   #399
tanvir_colg

some ongoing residential projects in Chittagong

S.S. Khaled Road (ELVERA by Sanmar)

Katalgonj (VENTOSA by Sanmar)

East Nasirabad (CASILDA by Sanmar)

Nasirabad Housing Society, (PALM GROOVE by Sanmar)

Agrabad, CDA R/A (CENTIFOLIA by Navana)

Mehedibag (MADANI TOWER by Navana)

Mehedibag (JALAL PALACE by Navana)

Patharghata (MONICA by Sanmar)

Mehedibag (MAHFUZ MANOR by Sanmar)

Bohoddarhat (CHATEAU by CPDL)

Mehedibag (CRIMSON CLOVER by CPDL)

Jamal Khan (KHAN MANOR by CPDL)

Panchlaish (KHURSHIDA by CPDL)

Sirajuddoula Road (PARAGON CITY by CPDL)

5, RC Church Road, Pathagatha (RAMIZ by CPDL)

Khulshi (ODYSSEY by Equity )

O.R. Nizam Road (CORDELIA by Equity )

Nasirabad H/S (TILOTTOMA by Equity)

O.R. Nizam Road (IRAM by Equity)

Khulshi (ORCHID by Equity)
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM   #400
tanvir_colg

Quote:
Great find bro....the building seems to be coming up nicely!

How far is this place from the agrabad area?And is it like inside the cantonment or isolated from the rest of the city?
18.9 KM from agrabad it's kinda isolated from the city bt hope in some more years that area's gonna turn into a new city ... its near N1 highway. just next to faujderhat Cadet College

Last edited by tanvir_colg; June 1st, 2012 at 07:14 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: