daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #181
lambersart2005
-le sudouest-
 
lambersart2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FFM/MA/MTL
Posts: 86
Likes (Received): 13

actually, traffic flows much better now towards the south on A3. When the construction site is finished, I think the all-day congestion around Köln-Ost towards the north will dissapear, too! Anyway, I really don't like the different types of asphalt they used there - it totally destroys the setting ;-) And WHY did they do that crap? It is completely new now.....

and here, as we always see the same photo of the A3 in Cologne during bad, grey november weather, here a sunny shot, taken by me in MAR/APR 07
lambersart2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #182
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambersart2005 View Post
actually, traffic flows much better now towards the south on A3. When the construction site is finished, I think the all-day congestion around Köln-Ost towards the north will dissapear, too! Anyway, I really don't like the different types of asphalt they used there - it totally destroys the setting ;-) And WHY did they do that crap? It is completely new now.....

and here, as we always see the same photo of the A3 in Cologne during bad, grey november weather, here a sunny shot, taken by me in MAR/APR 07
that´s typically German, it functions but looks ******* SHITTY, it should be one colered dark asphalt, as if big asphalt can´t survive 10 years without renovation, but they are so ubersmart that they do such bullshit, what idiots they are, i hope the renovated A8 wont look so ******* shitty, do Germans have any good looking autobahns at all excenpt the A94, seems they don´t have.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #183
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grafschaft Wied
Posts: 2,626
Likes (Received): 888

i especially ******* like the goddamned shitty fick**** design of brainless idiotic unterdeutschmann, but i ******* know for deedelee-sure, there is just hirnverwichst nothing verficktengrauezellenamputiertescheisendrecksbetter than unitystrong struma (i'd prefer one color though due to the effect of the 4 lines, prefer bicolor on 2-lane-roads)

thank god that my tiny ******* 54hp nissan micra sliteyedshitricetransporter can reach at least 180km/h, no matter if road is lightgrey or darkgrey

yes, so typical deutsch:

damn, that looks so shitty, but works so good

Last edited by Patrick; September 6th, 2007 at 01:37 AM.
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:36 AM   #184
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
i especially ******* like the goddamned shitty fick**** design of brainless idiotic unterdeutschmann, but i ******* know for deedelee-sure, there is just hirnverwichst nothing verficktengrauezellenamputiertescheisendrecksbetter than unitystrong struma

thank god that my tiny ******* 54hp nissan micra sliteyedshitricetransporter can reach at least 180km/h, no matter if road is lightgrey or darkgrey

yes, so typical deutsch:

damn, that looks so shitty, but works so good
Patrick, don´t get angry, the fact that i don´t like german autobahns and think that struma looks and feels better hasn´t to matter for you. On the other hand Germany has great skinny girls, we have less and less skinny girls in Bulgaria and probably allready have less skinny girls than Germany in our region. that´s more sad than having a supermotorway. Docors told in the news that there´s high percentage which gets above the healthy weight, and that here in Bulgaria.

And the German cars are awesome, Porsche rules

Last edited by radi6404; September 6th, 2007 at 01:44 AM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #185
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grafschaft Wied
Posts: 2,626
Likes (Received): 888

the bright part looks ok, as it contrasts with the dark part, but if it only that bright, i have to get used to it. there are two short parts of the A3 between Köln and Frankfurt which are really new (1-2km each, renovation finished somewhere 1-3 years ago, in the area of the neustadt/fernthal exit and a part between ransbach-baumbach and dierdorf) and where all 3 lanes and the shoulders were that bright. first moment was strange. feels good though, but sounds very different.

sometimes, i overreact, too, but your choice of words can be provocating (especially for me, i can be a real freaky hothead)

Last edited by Patrick; September 6th, 2007 at 02:05 AM.
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #186
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Theere was new part of A8 of concrete which didn´t feel that bad but looked bad old.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #187
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grafschaft Wied
Posts: 2,626
Likes (Received): 888

oh yes, i forgot that point, it indeed looks much older than it is, like black hair turned to white

oh, here are two pics

neustadt/fernthal after renovation


ransb.-b. to dierdorf before renovation (looks nearly the same like neustadt now, and you can see that the other side was already made)

it doesn't look like this anymore


www.autobahn-bilder.de

Last edited by Patrick; September 8th, 2007 at 08:45 PM.
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #188
geogregor
Registered User
 
geogregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 15,519
Likes (Received): 19156

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Patrick, don´t get angry, the fact that i don´t like german autobahns and think that struma looks and feels better hasn´t to matter for you. On the other hand Germany has great skinny girls, we have less and less skinny girls in Bulgaria and probably allready have less skinny girls than Germany in our region. that´s more sad than having a supermotorway. Docors told in the news that there´s high percentage which gets above the healthy weight, and that here in Bulgaria.

And the German cars are awesome, Porsche rules
Oho Struma again.
You really can't write about anything without mentioning it
About ring of Koln.
Maybe they use concrete on two outside lines (for trucks) becouse it's stronger and lasts longer and asphalt on inside lanes becouse is smothers and quieter in higher speed but not as strong as concrete.
With all respect guys I have more trust in German engineers than in you.
Especially that your main argument is purely esthetic: "i don't like this color"
You can choose your girlfriend's dress by color not road surface man
geogregor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:56 AM   #189
wyqtor
Coexist
 
wyqtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,129
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Patrick, don´t get angry, the fact that i don´t like german autobahns and think that struma looks and feels better hasn´t to matter for you. On the other hand Germany has great skinny girls, we have less and less skinny girls in Bulgaria and probably allready have less skinny girls than Germany in our region. that´s more sad than having a supermotorway. Docors told in the news that there´s high percentage which gets above the healthy weight, and that here in Bulgaria.

And the German cars are awesome, Porsche rules
If you say that having beautiful girls in a country is more important than a supermotorway, then I have to agree with you . I don't know much about Bulgaria, but IMO most girls in Germany are ugly. Romanian girls are among the most pretty in this part of Europe.

And about the colors, I hate them too. If you make a road in many colors, at least make the main surface all black and emergency lane white, like in Slovenia, that way it's more clear. But the worst thing (sometimes related to different layers of asphalt) is that German Autobahns aren't smooth, they are quite bad compared to, say, Italian ones (also the latter have mostly one color, I noticed. )
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #190
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
If you say that having beautiful girls in a country is more important than a supermotorway, then I have to agree with you . I don't know much about Bulgaria, but IMO most girls in Germany are ugly. Romanian girls are among the most pretty in this part of Europe.

And about the colors, I hate them too. If you make a road in many colors, at least make the main surface all black and emergency lane white, like in Slovenia, that way it's more clear. But the worst thing (sometimes related to different layers of asphalt) is that German Autobahns aren't smooth, they are quite bad compared to, say, Italian ones (also the latter have mostly one color, I noticed. )
Well in Germany there are very much very ugly girls but at least there are skinny girls and skinny girls can´t be ugly, there are aktually very nice good looking skinny girls in germany which are narrow and so on. I don´t know about Romanians just about the girl which sings in Dragostaditei or how it is called and she looks ******* awesome, are many romanian girls like that? In bulgaria there are just moderate ones.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #191
wyqtor
Coexist
 
wyqtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,129
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Well in Germany there are very much very ugly girls but at least there are skinny girls and skinny girls can´t be ugly, there are aktually very nice good looking skinny girls in germany which are narrow and so on. I don´t know about Romanians just about the girl which sings in Dragostaditei or how it is called and she looks ******* awesome, are many romanian girls like that? In bulgaria there are just moderate ones.
Only on the Cote d'Azur, Monaco and the Croatian coast I have seen a larger number of beautiful girls than in Romania. I haven't been to any ex-USSR countries though, just many EU countries and Croatia, Serbia.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #192
keber
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 9,878
Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambersart2005 View Post
and here, as we always see the same photo of the A3 in Cologne during bad, grey november weather, here a sunny shot, taken by me in MAR/APR 07
Two righ tracks are concrete, other asphalted. Probably they wanted to save money and time, so they decided to make only truck lanes from concrete, other asphalted. It looks strange, however. But I wouldn't bother.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #193
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,060
Likes (Received): 4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
No, the Autobahns simply have diferent colors because they just repair some parts and lines of the motorways, in other countries they usually repair the whoe section if there appear holes, no matter if they are on one lame. I am wondering how old the asphalt on German autobahns is, because in bulgaria asphalt which is 7 years old is very black so the asphalt there must be 30 years old, isn´t it? Not the black parts ofcourse.
The colour of the asphalt is not really a sign of age. Many north german motorways have very bright asphalt directly after construction. Thats a result of the materials they use.

And the different colours are resulting from partial repairs. The right truck line needs repairs more frequently and they often use a different asphalt then.

I personally prefer concrete surfaces like on many of the new autobahns in eastern Germany. Looks much better after repairs and I really like the bright surfaces. Black surfaces are a nightmare during night. Scares the shit out of me when I drive with 200.
__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #194
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,060
Likes (Received): 4258

Some webcams of Frankfurt autobahns:

A5 Niederrad:


A66 Zeilsheim:


A66 Eschborn:


A5 Westkreuz


A3 FRankfurt-Süd


A3,A5 Frankfurter Kreuz


A3 Hanau
__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #195
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
The colour of the asphalt is not really a sign of age. Many north german motorways have very bright asphalt directly after construction. Thats a result of the materials they use.

And the different colours are resulting from partial repairs. The right truck line needs repairs more frequently and they often use a different asphalt then.

I personally prefer concrete surfaces like on many of the new autobahns in eastern Germany. Looks much better after repairs and I really like the bright surfaces. Black surfaces are a nightmare during night. Scares the shit out of me when I drive with 200.
But man, why is it that new asphalt is so bright when new, it is only in Germany the fact. I never saw a new motorway out of Germany with bright asphalt, the asphalt on new Austrian motorways is very black for example and the ride on it is pure joy, ******* amazing how smooth it feels.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #196
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,060
Likes (Received): 4258

^
Check out the Ostseeautobahn A20. The surface is relative bright although its a pretty new autobahn.




Well, its not really that bright, but not as dark as most other new ones.

__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Last edited by goschio; September 6th, 2007 at 02:29 PM.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #197
radi6404
Registered User
 
radi6404's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blagoevgrad/ Nürtingen
Posts: 3,054
Likes (Received): 27

Oh, it´s ok, it´s not that bright, the Struma motorway hasn´t the darkest asphalt either and the asphalt there looks smooth.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #198
RawLee
Registered User
 
RawLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 9,447
Likes (Received): 1083

How long is that wild-crossing? We only have small ones...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #199
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,060
Likes (Received): 4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
How long is that wild-crossing? We only have small ones...
Not that big, around 40m width. I just know they were with 2.5 mio EUR each relative expensive.
__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #200
RawLee
Registered User
 
RawLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 9,447
Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
Not that big, around 40m width. I just know they were with 2.5 mio EUR each relative expensive.
2,5m EUR is not that much. Thank you!
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium