daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #3781
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

The 08 last opened section Coburg-Bamberg of the A73 Suhl-Nürnberg

ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #3782
Matz32Z
Obserwator

Likes (Received): 273

Munich Luisse Kiesellbach Tunnel UC
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3783
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

http://www.focus.de/auto/news/feinst...id_711222.html

To no surprise, the environmental zones have no effect on air quality. As usual they only quote PM10 values while traffic adds comparatively little to PM10 concentrations. The impact on NO2 concentrations is considerably more significant, but this is often never mentioned. Nevertheless, weather has far more impact on concentrations of pollutants than traffic, because motor vehicle traffic emissions are fairly constant throughout the year, so when it exceeds the limits, not the traffic but the weather conditions are to blame. Prolonged periods of dry weather and inversion trap all pollutants - including those of traffic - underneath, so limits are exceed.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #3784
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

So, can I get my old pollutant Transit back in German cities?
With a monstruous urban usage rate of 200 km in 5 years...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #3785
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
http://www.focus.de/auto/news/feinst...id_711222.html

To no surprise, the environmental zones have no effect on air quality.
German environmental zones are a joke. I spent 5 euro for a sticker, and can drive in basically any city center in the whole Germany. This is no deterrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
So, can I get my old pollutant Transit back in German cities?
With a monstruous urban usage rate of 200 km in 5 years...
I've seen cars from the 80s with the same green sticker of maximum quality that my 2008 Peugeot 207 has. I suspect also the release of the sticker is a joke.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #3786
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Maybe the have LPG. I've seen such cars too, in general are petrol cars, while yellow and red stickers I've seen on diesel cars only
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3787
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

I'm still trying to find a corruptable workshop who can certify my '93 Transit 2.5 TD, nickname "Smoky", for a green sticker

Last summer I drove through Bonn's Umweltzone without being aware of it I already was in the city at a friend's lab, my parents came and pick me, and then I drove the motorhome to get out of town.
When I saw the sign "End of Umweltzone" I was like

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #3788
ChrisZwolle
Road user

My 2004 diesel car has a yellow sticker.

If you have a petrol or LPG-powered vehicle, there is usually no problem, it must be extremely old to get something else than a green sticker. Diesel regulations are much tighter though, even diesel cars less than 10 years old can get a yellow sticker. The main issue is a particle filter. I can install one, but it cost me € 600 and from what I've read it's by far not as effective as original filters are when installed when the car is new.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #3789
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Where to you get these stickers?
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #3790
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Where to you get these stickers?
I went to the TÜV Süd in München, bringing with me just the registration document of my car and 5 euro... and they gave me my green sticker right away
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3791
chris-dmf

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I've seen cars from the 80s with the same green sticker of maximum quality that my 2008 Peugeot 207 has.
Yes, cars with a benzin engine. Diesel is an other Story
These stickers are in the first for diesel smokers, no problems with benziners.
chris-dmf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #3792
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-dmf View Post
Yes, cars with a benzin engine. Diesel is an other Story
These stickers are in the first for diesel smokers, no problems with benziners.
I don't think so, there is no way a 80s benzin car can be Euro4. I think, as others pointed out, that those were LPG-converted cars.
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #3793
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

It's in german, but look at the table on the right. Red and yellow "Umweltplakette" will not be given to almost any benzin car.
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #3794
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic20T View Post
It's in german, but look at the table on the right. Red and yellow "Umweltplakette" will not be given to almost any benzin car.
You're right. So it turns out I was right in the first place: the release of the sticker IS a joke
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3795
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
the release of the sticker IS a joke
Yes, but the government can make a lot of money with it, even more if someone needs to buy an other car because he lives in an Umweltzone or he needs to go there frequently...
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #3796
HAWC1506

Likes (Received): 28

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120207-40591.html

Frozen kraut jam leaves autobahn drivers sauer

An accident involving two trucks, a car and a large quantity of sauerkraut caused a 10-kilometre traffic jam on the A5 motorway in the German state of Hesse on Tuesday morning after the German delicacy froze solid on the road.

The autobahn had to be completely closed in one direction while police and volunteers struggled to remove the sauerkraut from the tarmac. According to the police report, the impact caused several plastic bags of sauerkraut to burst and spread across the A5 near Friedberg just north of Frankfurt.

Once it had frozen in the sub-zero temperatures, it proved extremely adhesive. “The road had to be partially salted so that the sauerkraut could be taken off,” the police said in a statement.

The accident happened shortly before 5 am, when the sauerkraut-transport truck hit the back of a car being driven by a 34-year-old woman, after the driver apparently misjudged her speed. The driver of another truck approaching from behind reportedly saw too late what had happened and hit the back of the sauerkraut truck.

The contents of both trucks, plus several car parts were subsequently scattered across the road, causing an estimated €100,000 worth of damage.

Though both truck drivers were fine, the woman was slightly injured in the collision.

The sauerkraut truck was able to drive to a nearby depot, but the other two vehicles had to be towed.

The Local/bk

HAWC1506 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #3797
chris-dmf

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
You're right. So it turns out I was right in the first place: the release of the sticker IS a joke
There is a lot of jokes out there...

Old Benziners with a G-Kat are cleaner (feinstaub- fine dust) then some new Diesel cars. Benziners with U-Kat are very rare, so they are all (without and only U-Kat) don´t get the sticker.
chris-dmf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #3798
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A57 Dormagen

Last night some plastic was set ablaze under a bridge which carries the A57 near Dormagen, between Köln and Neuss. 15 cars and 7 trucks crashed into eachother due to the dense smoke. To add insult to injury, the bridge was heavily damaged by the blaze, currently Strassen.NRW estimates at least the bridge in the southbound direction will need to be torn down and rebuild.

They are currently planning to construct a temporary bridge next to it, to put 4 lanes into service as soon as possible, because it's a major commuter route which carries over 70.000 vehicles per day. The A57 is currently completely closed down in both directions, traffic is rerouted via parallel A59 across the Rhine River.
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #3799
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Last night some plastic was set ablaze under a bridge which carries the A57 near Dormagen, between Köln and Neuss. 15 cars and 7 trucks crashed into eachother due to the dense smoke. To add insult to injury, the bridge was heavily damaged by the blaze, currently Strassen.NRW estimates at least the bridge in the southbound direction will need to be torn down and rebuild.

They are currently planning to construct a temporary bridge next to it, to put 4 lanes into service as soon as possible, because it's a major commuter route which carries over 70.000 vehicles per day. The A57 is currently completely closed down in both directions, traffic is rerouted via parallel A59 across the Rhine River.
The people that did that should pay for the damages...
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #3800
ptscout

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I would ignore that shit. The current rate is 40€ and 1 point, but its manly controlled by the traffic wardens and so the driver is usually unknown - no fee in Germany.
The point will also be abolished soon.
ptscout no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau