daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #381
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

My opinion about the German speed limits (or the lack of it) is that they should implement more dynamic speed limits. No limit is okay in easy traffic, but on the A1, which is full of trucks, they should put a speed limit of 140km/h. When you overtake a truck now, you always have some sucker on your bumper so close you can't even read his license plate in your mirror. Sometimes they are signalling too with their headlights. Go racing on quiet Autobahns, not on busy ones.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #382
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
When you overtake a truck now, you always have some sucker on your bumper so close you can't even read his license plate in your mirror. Sometimes they are signalling too with their headlights. Go racing on quiet Autobahns, not on busy ones.
uf, this signaling is so annoying i hate when idiots do that when i'm overtaking. for god's sake, i'm not in left lane doing 100, but at least 130 (what is limit here) od more, but not, allways there has to appear an idiot in bmw, merc, audi or some large vw and signaling me because i'm not doing 180 as him
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #383
Alex Von Königsberg

Likes (Received): 11

I wish people in the US of A became a little bit more aggressive toward those ones who block the left lane. Here, you flash at them once - and they start dialing 911 to report a road rage...
Alex Von Königsberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #384
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
uf, this signaling is so annoying i hate when idiots do that when i'm overtaking. for god's sake, i'm not in left lane doing 100, but at least 130 (what is limit here) od more, but not, allways there has to appear an idiot in bmw, merc, audi or some large vw and signaling me because i'm not doing 180 as him
Its a secret,but when they do such things to me(not coming close behind me,but flashing),I let them go,and them show them that their BMWs and such is sh*t with a sh*t driver...I usually "push" them off the road. It really feels funny that they cant do 150 uphill,whereas my Nissan Almera can do it without struggling.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #385
x-type
con los terroristas

i let them go too, but i cannot move while i'm in line with a truck that i'm overtaking! their chicken brains cannot understand that they should wait me to overtake because i don't have place to move! sometimes they piss me off that much that i slow down to minimal speed that i need to have to be faster than overtaken vehicle so my overtaking lasts loooong and he must wait behnid me, but i avoid to do it because i'll piss him off and he'll do some nervous shit after that.

@Alex: sometimes i think that you've created a monster with 911
Old October 13th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #386
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4258

Quote:
i let them go too, but i cannot move while i'm in line with a truck that i'm overtaking! their chicken brains cannot understand that they should wait me to overtake because i don't have place to move! sometimes they piss me off that much that i slow down to minimal speed that i need to have to be faster than overtaken vehicle so my overtaking lasts loooong and he must wait behnid me, but i avoid to do it because i'll piss him off and he'll do some nervous shit after that.
So why are you overtaking with such a low speed in the first place.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #387
Jeroen669

Likes (Received): 13

He says he overtakes with at least 130km/h. I wouldn't call that a slow speed.
Jeroen669 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #388
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen669 View Post
He says he overtakes with at least 130km/h. I wouldn't call that a slow speed.
A lot of German suckers racing thinks so. They seem to think the road is yours if you drive over 160km/h, and everyone has to get the hell out of your way.

I don't mind driving fast on quiet Autobahnen, but lately i drove a lot on busy German motorways, like the A1, average speed between Bremen and Hamburg was about 90 - 110km/h, but some guys immediatly race to 160km/h for a couple of hundred meters before slowing down to 90km/h again. That's completely useless, over 70km, they only won like 2 minutes.
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #389
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

Some more fast driving
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #390
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
So why are you overtaking with such a low speed in the first place.

Well if you approach with 180km/h and some sucker drives with 130km/h on the left lane then it really pisses me off.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #391
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ Well of course it does, but that's the speed limit in many countries (or it's even less), and in Germany it's the recommended speed.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #392
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quite arrogant to think all people who would to drive 130km/h should stuck behind trucks all the way because you want to drive 180km/h all the time.
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #393
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Most Autobahns have 3 lanes though, so there should be plenty of space.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #394
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yes, but the situation described by "goschio" happens also a lot on the busier 2 lane Autobahnen.
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #395
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

And trucks are overtaking each other all the time, at least in Italy. And there are always suckers doing 110 km/h in the middle without overtaking anyone. Often I just overtake them on the right lane, beats me, I'm not into changing two lanes, and then two lanes again to get back. It's not so dangerous, if you're watching the situation and sticking right by the emergency lane.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #396
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
Well if you approach with 180km/h and some sucker drives with 130km/h on the left lane then it really pisses me off.
i'd rather call the 180 guy a sucker. why do we need speed limits if i'm sucker with mx speed allowed or 10-20 above it?

btw, i'm not sure that you in USA have even that high limits as 130, and speeding is much harder violation than in Europe. does it mean that you're all suckers if you don't want to be arrested?
Old October 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #397
snupix

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
And trucks are overtaking each other all the time, at least in Italy. And there are always suckers doing 110 km/h in the middle without overtaking anyone. Often I just overtake them on the right lane, beats me, I'm not into changing two lanes, and then two lanes again to get back. It's not so dangerous, if you're watching the situation and sticking right by the emergency lane.
In these situations, I overtake on the left lane because it's much more fun (changing the two lanes) than just proceeding straight...
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #398
Max BGF
Alphaist

Likes (Received): 15078

Quote:
i think that each country still can envy to german motorways because of high level of back up things such as signalization, safety, a lot of emergency teams and those things
Not to forget our newest donation to the mobile world called Toll Collect. Against stopping at Damned Toll stations!
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #399
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max BGF View Post
Not to forget our newest donation to the mobile world called Toll Collect. Against stopping at Damned Toll stations!
??

some new way to collect tolls?
Old October 13th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #400
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yeah, and it is way too expensive to operate. It costs 25% of all revenues.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau