daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #4601
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post

That's not so easy because there are many information .
I can try to post import news like start and completion of constructions.

The Autobahn has 1 tunnel, 3 lanes for each direction, route through the city, noise protection,...

But the most important reason for the long construction time are the costs. There are only 30 million € available in 2013 and 50 million € in 2014. And this money is a very big quotient of the German infrastructure budget.

A lot of money is need for preservation of the existing roads especially for the old bridges which were built in the 1960th. We do not have enough money for new roads projects. The number of new projects is very low in comparison to the demand.
Ok thanks. But that's so expensive i think. Ok thats the tunnel will build there.
About how many lanes, noise protection is not really big cost maybe? The production and the construction cost is the big reason for how expensive is it.

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #4602
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by emyrr3096 View Post
The production and the construction cost is the big reason for how expensive is it.
The problem is, that the Autobahn is in the middle of the city. See OSM: > click <.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #4603
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post

The problem is, that the Autobahn is in the middle of the city. See OSM: > click <.
Ich vergesse
U not said that's autobahn is in the middle of the city before
Now, I understand why the autobahn is really really expensive to build
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #4604
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
30 million euro for all road constructions? In Italy you can build less than 1 km of autostrada with 30M.

Maybe you meant 30 billion? 3 billion?
Sorry for my late answer, I havn't seen this post before.

The 30 million € are only for this A100 project. 1km of the 16th A100 section costs about 150 million €.
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #4605
wildthing121675

Likes (Received): 5

It has long been a dream of mine to cruise on the Autobahn. Ever since I was a kid and first saw pics of them somewhere I have been fascinated with highways around the world and the Autobahns of Germany are my favorite and a dream of mine to cruise on. The Alarm Fur Cobra 11 video game-- or Crash Time here in the States only makes my desire to cruise these beautiful highways stronger.

wildthing
wildthing121675 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #4606
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing121675 View Post
It has long been a dream of mine to cruise on the Autobahn.
You can't really "cruise" here most of the time. Way too much darn traffic.
Stahlsturm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #4607
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

I just had a share of sporty driving yesterday, Ingolstadt to Regensburg, and we were late to a meeting at Conti. The driver, a project leader at Audi, drove 220-240 with an Audi A1 S Line.

It was pretty tiring for all of us, even he said it's not that much fun, you have to be very careful. On the A9 it's pretty comfy, but the A93 is pretty curvy.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #4608
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

That's an Audi, of course it's not that much fun. Understeer, understeer, understeer!

More seriously, as a driving enthusiast I don't see any fun in taking up high speed on motorways. At first it can be exciting, but then it's just very tiring because you have to be always incredibly careful, and, in the end, actually pretty boring. The driver is just doing what a brick left on the pedal would do...
Nonetheless I may like trying a quick run on a low traffic Autobahn, once in a while.

But a nice curvy road, in the mountains, with the right car... and definitely not an Audi, believe my direct experience

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #4609
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Hey, I have an Audi too
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #4610
Wilhem275
The Transporter

I understand your pain

J/k, they have other good points, but sporty feeling... absolutely not

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

phiberoptik liked this post
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #4611
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Well, my 12 year old A4 (B5) is not really sporty, but with 115 hp it's not bad. What do you like/drive?
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #4612
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

hm, since when audi doesn't have a sporty feeling? or it must be a porsche for that purpose?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #4613
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Actually I think VAG has -today- very good engines, although they are often killed by extra long gears... but that's a common problem today, with all the struggle for low emissions.
Recently I drove a C4 with a 1.6 HDi @92 hp, which would not be a bad engine, but in that specific setup was terrible due to long gears and artificially late engine response.

In 5 years we had an A6 B6 with 3 litres V6 TDI (215 hp but I may be wrong) + tiptronic and an A5 Sportback with the same V6 (@ 233 hp, if I'm not wrong again) + double clutch gearbox. Both AWD.
A6 was pretty comfy, SB was not. Too stiff, they made some mistakes in the setup of that model; A4 B8 is roughly the same car and doesn't have the same problems.

My father liked them, because he doesn't search for driving feeling... I tried many times having fun with them, but with poor results.
Main problems are the overhang engine (911 vs. Boxster, anyone? ) and the general setup of steering and suspensions, which are specifically designed to avoid transmitting anything to the driver.
Feeling is everything in driving fun, you don't need extreme power nor a stiff kart setup... you need to feel what the wheels are doing via your hands and buttocks, not looking at the speedometer

Audi is specialized in what is called "apparent quality": lots of LEDs, lots of well built soft plastics. Market asks for that, they give that.
The brand is successful, but really not among driving enthusiasts...

If I needed a comfy luxury car, I'd go with Benz: they still do a great research in safety, innovation and ergonomy. Or Volvo, or I'd give a try to the late Lancia Thema/Chrysler 300, which turned out to be a great luxury car.

Now we have a Passat, 2 litres TDI: nice engine, smooth ride, but a very "average car": nothing great, nothing terrible. The perfect VW.
If I had to buy something from VAG, it'd be a Skoda: good quality for an honest price. Today's Skodas are what VW brand is supposed to do, IMO.

The most enjoyable thing I've driven was a Giulietta with only 105 hp (but 320 Nm...). Very responsive and communicative car but soft and well built enough to be used as a quality everyday car, a good C-segment overall. And finally without being the "classic" self-destroying Alfa
After an year with the Sportback, that Giulietta was like a blessing from heaven for the petrolhead I am

Unluckily emissions rules have killed the engine response for every brand; and the market is asking for cars to be as soulless as a fridge, so finding out drivers' cars among standard productions is harder and harder...
We keep as a spare car an old '97 Lancia Y with 60 hp. That was born as a comfortable and quite citycar; but compared to today's cars (even A LOT more powerful) that's a kicking sporty animal.
What's more fun: a 800 kg-60 hp car with immediate gas response and 14" wheels, or a 1,5 ton with 150 hp, /25 tyres, and a five seconds lag?

About nice driving feeling on ordinary modern cars: Alfa, Mazda thanks to the research for lightness and driving pleasure, probably BMWs but I have not enough experience with them; some Nissans, some other Japanese brands but it depends on the model. Sport versions of Renault.
My favourite at all is the MX-5, which I'm willing to buy in a few years. A car designed to give a great driving experience without the need for extra power or complicated technology.

Wow, what a post. Never tickle the petrolhead
(actually I moderate what's probably the most important Italian forum about cars )

Last edited by Wilhem275; February 8th, 2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #4614
Victorinus
GOES - NL

Likes (Received): 343

I got an MX-5 (2011); it's nice driving, also for daily trafic.

But let's go back ontopic.
Victorinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #4615
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Lancia Thema
My dad used to have one of those. That was one killer car. I still miss it. Today I drive a 2003 Alfa Romeo 156 Gulietta (the 166 HP version) and I can promise you, I'll drive that car until it disintegrates under my arse, hahaha.
Stahlsturm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #4616
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
My dad used to have one of those. That was one killer car. I still miss it. Today I drive a 2003 Alfa Romeo 156 Gulietta (the 166 HP version) and I can promise you, I'll drive that car until it disintegrates under my arse, hahaha.
One of the very few Germans with an Italian car. When I lived in München, the only Italian cars with German plates I spotted were owned by Italian immigrants (I remember one with the wonderful plate R OM 753) or ultra-customized Fiat Puntos.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4617
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I have to say, I see a lot of Fiat 500s. Seems the model caught pretty well here.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #4618
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

The increase in road fatalities in 2011 turns out to be a one-off as road safety in Germany last year improved again. A record low of 3'606 fatalities is reported for the year 2012. That's 10% less than the year before. These numbers prove that the long term trend of improving road safety in Germany remains intact.
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #4619
homeway

Likes (Received): 0

hi Guys!

I did my fly (A3/A45), did it pretty well.
Some of You wrote that six lane widening projects will be launched on A3 around March.
Could You plz tell me and the community on which sections and exactly when will be those megaconstructions launched and how long will they take to be completed.

thx
homeway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #4620
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeway View Post
Some of You wrote that six lane widening projects will be launched on A3 around March.
Could You plz tell me and the community on which sections and exactly when will be those megaconstructions launched and how long will they take to be completed.
The next projects are the 8.0km section from Kauppenbrücke to Rohrbrunn (April 2013 to October 2015; about 100 Mio €; 4 lanes for direction Nürnberg; 3 lanes to Frankfurt; see OSM) and the 5.4km section from Würzburg-Heidingsfeld to Mainbrücke Randersacker (October 2013 to end of 2017; 170 Mio €; 3 lanes to Nürnberg; 4 lanes to Frankfurt; see OSM).

You can get more information on the German forum: > click <.

The begin and completion dates are based on the latest information. But in Germany it is normal that this dates are delaying.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau