daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4681
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
My German is okay, but my grammar is not as good.
My English is also not good .

Quote:
It's not as busy as you'd expect from a nation of over 80 million people.
The progress of the projects in Germany is very slow. So the main topic in the last years was not to share pics, but rather complaining about politics, especially Eastern Germany against Baden-Württemberg. We had several never-ending discussions about that. This scared many users away .

Quote:
Besides that, I also use news.google.de and press releases of BMVBS and several state road authorities (like Strassen.NRW, Autobahndirektion Süd/Nordbayern and Hessen Mobil).
Me too. And plenty of other authority pages . I try to keep SSC up-to-date about the German Autobahns (news, not pics).
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4682
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

Do you have a detailed report on the situation of A71 works between Erfurt and Sangerhausen?

============

Unrelated question on the same region: are there plans to extend/improve B-343 from Berzerg to Nordhausen?

I remember driving through the Harz area and it is still very noticeable how the quality of local roads drops dramatically on former DDR areas even after 20+ years after the commies went down.

On A4, however, the situation is the opposite. A4 from A7 junction to the Thüringen border is bad, but it improves after Eisenach.
============

Just a hint: defendant, in English legal vocabulary, is a noun used mostly to refer to a person who is being accused and charged with a criminal offense. I think a better term for what you want to say would be project xyz is being "challenged" [in courted] or "questioned".

Last edited by Suburbanist; March 30th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #4683
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The A4 widening to 3 lanes in each direction is further demand within the BVWP 2003. But some A4 sections are already planned, u/c or even completed (map) for safety and maintenance reasons. The blue lines mark the 3rd lane which will be added. More information on the project page of Hessen Mobil (German).

Also a good overview provides (like always) autobahnatlas-online.de. The # marked sections will be widened to 3 lanes. The ~ marked sections will not be widened during the next few years. The Talbrücke Wommen is already expanded for 3 lanes in each direction, but will not be used until the A44 is opened.
The widening of the whole stretch to six lanes is further demand, true. But section between Kirchheimer Dreieck and Wildeck-Obersuhl, which partly still is from before the war and doesn't have any shoulders, is currently upgraded for maintenance reasons. Shoulders are added everywhere, some sections are realigned and some 3rd lanes are added as shown in the map you linked. So in fact the whole section will be widened until ~2020, be it the addition of shoulders only or shoulders and a 3rd lane.

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by Rohne; April 3rd, 2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Obersuhl, not Hönebach
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #4684
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Do you have a detailed report on the situation of A71 works between Erfurt and Sangerhausen?
That's very easy. The stretch from the A38 to AS Heldrungen will be probably opened in May 2013 (17.6km). The construction started in 2007. There was also a action by a company which did not get a job in end of 2012. But now everything looks good .

The last gap between Etzleben and AS Sömmerrda-East (11.4km) is under construction. Works began in June 2010. The completion is announced for end of 2014. Afterwards the A71 will be complete between A38 and A70 .

There are (again) discussions about extenting the A71 to the A14 near Plötzkau, but I think that this will not be implemented before 2030.

Quote:
Unrelated question on the same region: are there plans to extend/improve B-343 from Berzerg to Nordhausen?
I remember driving through the Harz area and it is still very noticeable how the quality of local roads drops dramatically on former DDR areas even after 20+ years after the commies went down.
Do you mean the B243? What does "Berzerg" mean, "Bad Herzberg"?

I can give you a detailed update later on.

Quote:
Just a hint: defendant, in English legal vocabulary, is a noun used mostly to refer to a person who is being accused and charged with a criminal offense. I think a better term for what you want to say would be project xyz is being "challenged" [in courted] or "questioned".
Thanks . I have changed it to "challenged".
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4685
Suburbanist
on the road

I mean B343 between Herzberg aan Harz to Nordhausen indeed.

IT would create a direct connection between A38 and A7 and provide a (longer) alternate route for people travelling from Hannover to Wuerzburg or Nuernberg when A71 is also completed. I read sometimes traffic on A7 south of Kassel is really bad.

By the way, there is still a gap near Fulda on A66 ,when will they close it eventually?
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #4686
MichiH

Quote:
I mean B343 between Herzberg aan Harz to Nordhausen indeed.
B243 .

Quote:
IT would create a direct connection between A38 and A7 and provide a (longer) alternate route for people travelling from Hannover to Wuerzburg or Nuernberg when A71 is also completed.
From Hannover to Nürnberg yes, from Hannover to Würzburg no! It's about 80km longer (440 instead of 360km).

Quote:
I read sometimes traffic on A7 south of Kassel is really bad.
No, it isn't! It has 3 lanes in each direction and the AADT is only between 60.000 and 70.000 vehicles per day, so it is very empty! Only the acclivity is heavy for trucks. But the A7 between Kassel and Kirchheim is mostly unlimited. It is great to drive there with a "well motorized car" .

Quote:
By the way, there is still a gap near Fulda on A66 ,when will they close it eventually?
Spring 2014.
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #4687
Suburbanist
on the road

I thought A7 was one of those roads that get very congested on summers, with hours-long delays as ppl from Northern Germany and Scandinavia go on their annual holiday craziness
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #4688
MichiH

Quote:
I thought A7 was one of those roads that get very congested on summers, with hours-long delays as ppl from Northern Germany and Scandinavia go on their annual holiday craziness
Holiday craziness only between Denmark and Hannover and between Ulm and the Austrian border, but not south of Kassel . Between Hannover and Kassel it is congested - especially between Salzgitter and Göttingen where the upgrade to 3 lanes in each direction is a burning desire (and parts are still completed or u/c).

The A7 is very empty in the middle of Germany, especially from Würzburg (A3) to Feuchtwangen (A6) where the AADT is only about 25.000.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:17 AM   #4689
MichiH

B243 Seesen (A7) - Großwechsungen (A38)

Quote:
Yes, there are plans to extend/improve the B243.

The B243 connects the A7 (AS Seesen) in Lower Saxony with the A38 (AS Großwechsungen) near Nordhausen in Thuringia. This route is the direct connection and has a length of about 68km therefore it is much shorter than the route via A7/A38 (126km).

The A7 junction at the beginning of the route (AS Seesen) is not grade-separated likewise the both next junctions with B64 and B248 (see Google Maps).
The A7 will be upgraded to 6-lanes (section Seesen is u/c since August 2012 and will be completed in autumn 2015), but the junction will be improved to a grade-separated junction.

The B243 is 4-laned from the A7 as far as Bad Lauterberg. The road is grade-separated except of the Herzberg through-road. Only the sections from Osterode to Herzberg and Herzberg to Scharzfeld-West has hard shoulders.

The BVWP 2003 contains a 4-laned Herzberg bypass with shoulders. It has further demand with a high ecological risk.
The priliminary state proposal plan of Lower Saxony for the new BVWP 2015 contains a 4-laned bypass without shoulders. It is supported by the town Herzberg and by the district Osterode. Both insists a 4-laned standard. The regional planning procedure ("Raumordnungsverfahren") is still complete. See OSM for the probable route: > click <.
There was a NIMBY resistance against that new road in the past.

There are also plans for a new road from Bad Lauterberg to Nordhausen. It has urgent demand within the BVWP 2003.

The 8.6km stretch from Bad Lauterberg to Bad Sachsa is u/c since August 2008. It gets 4 lanes without shoulders and will be grade-separated. The completion is announced for October 2013.
Official project page: > click <; Fan page: > click < (with pics); OSM: > click<.

The next 3.7km section from AS Bad Sachsa to AS Mackenrode crosses the border between Lower Saxony and Thuringia so that two plan-approval procedures were necessary. Both orders were passed in 2009. It was challenged but the complaint was withdrawn. The road will only get one carrigeway with 3 lanes. Official project page: > click < (same like above); OSM: > click<.

Afterwards a 10.4km long new road is planned (I guess it will get 3 lanes). The plan-approval procedure should start soon. This is also the bypass for Holbach and Günzerode. OSM: > click <.

The last 3.5km section from AS Großwechsungen (K4) to the A38 junction AS Großwechsungen is grade-separated and has 4 lanes without shoulders. It was built from August 2009 until December 2012. Official project page: > click<; OSM: > click <.

The route from AS Bad Sachsa to the A38 is equates the former A46 route.

The AADT differed in 2010 along the road: 14.000 vehicles per day from A7 to B64, then about 12.000. From [i]Windhausen[(/i] to Osterode 14.000 (about 14% trucks), Osterode bypass 18.000, 16.000 vehicles in Herzberg, then 10.000 to Bad Lauterberg, 11.000 in Osterhagen (12% trucks).

The AADT from Bad Sachsa to Nordhausen was between 3.800 and 6.600 vehicles per day. 19-28% trucks.

Last edited by MichiH; March 31st, 2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Herzberg NIMBY resistance added
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:41 AM   #4690
MichiH

A66 Fulda - Neuhof

Quote:
The 2.8 long section from AS Fulda-South to AS Neuhof-North was opened in 2012 (costs: 36 million €). The first carriageway in direction Fulda was opened on 12th November, the 2nd one on 3rd December. The parallel 2+1 B40 was closed afterwards and will be removed (renaturation). Here same pics, see also OSM.

The last left gap starts at AS Neuhof-North and ends at AS Neuhof-South (OSM). The stretch is 4.6km long and contains a 1.6km tunnel. Works began in June 2005, the completion is estimated for Spring 2014.
The construction is a combination of a new motorway tunnel and a new railway tunnel, see also wikipedia.

Official project page: > click < (German).
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:07 PM   #4691
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Happy Easter everybody!

One question: until where can you drive with the car towards the tripoint with Austria and Czech Republic?
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:30 AM   #4692
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

Capital Beltway () in 4 parts:
- northern,

- western,

- southern,

- and eastern.

Happy Easter!

MichiH, walcz liked this post
DSzumaher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4693
MichiH

A10 Berlin beltway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSzumaher View Post
Capital Beltway () in 4 parts
Super . Especially the overlayed map is great.

The A10 Berlin beltway has a length of 195.8km and surrounds the whole city. The A10 is mostly located in Brandenburg state, only 5.4km belong to the capital state.

A short report about the A10 widening plans (same order like the video):

The AD Schwanebeck section (future AD Barnim) has a length of 4.2km. The junction is completely reorganized. The B2 to Berlin city will be integrated into the junction, the AS Berlin-Weißensee will be closed. The through road gets 3 lanes in each direction. The plan approval order was passed in January 2010, preliminary works began immediately. The official completion date is 2014, but I read mid of 2012, that the opening will probably be in October 2013.
Official project page: > click < (webcam); OSM.

The only Berlin section of the A10 (between AD Schwanebeck and AD Pankow) has a length of 5.4km. Both carriageways will be upgraded to 3 lanes. The plan approval order was passed in May 2010, but the preliminary works already began earlier - mid of 2009. Also some bridges have already been built. Carriageway works began in March 2013 and will be finished end of August 2015.
Official project page: > click <; OSM.

The next upgrade relates the central northern section from AD Pankow to AS Oberkrämer. It has a length of about 30km. The plan approval procedure is still in progress. Construction start was announced for at the earliest in 2014.

The section from Klein-Ziethen to AD Havelland is currently u/c (2.4km). Klein-Ziethen is located about 4km west of the junction AS Oberkrämer. The plan approval order was passed in July 2011 and includes also that stretch. In addition the A24 between AD Havelland and AS Kremmen will be upgraded to 3 lanes in each direction (3.0km). The A24 stretch from AS Neuruppin to AS Kremmen (29km) is also part of the plan approval order.
Groundbreaking for the reconstruction of the Havelland junction was in September 2012, completion is announced for 2014.

The Western A10 upgrade is also intended. The 40.7km between AD Havelland and AS Berlin-Groß Kreutz are only further demand, but it is equipped with a planning right.

The 6.5km stretch from AS Berlin-Groß Kreutz to AD Werder has urgent demand, but the plan approval procedure has not yet started. OSM.

The southern and the eastern part of the A10 from A2 (AD Werder) to A11 (AD Schwanebeck) have already 3 lanes in each direction, but one part has even urgent demand for a upgrade to 4 lanes.

The 9.0km long section from AD Potsdam to AD Nuthetal will be upgraded to 4 lanes in each direction. The plan approval order was passed in January 2013. The planned costs amount 123 million €. The construction will probably begin in 2014. The time for completion are 3 years.
Official project page:
> click <. OSM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:40 PM   #4694
Suburbanist
on the road

A10 is cool. When was the whole ring completed? Does any part of it run through formerly West Berlin territory?

What is not cool is A100 It would be very nice if the inner ring was also completed.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:10 PM   #4695
MichiH

Quote:
A10 is cool. When was the whole ring completed?
In 1979.

AD Schwanebeck - AS Weißensee was opened in 1936.
AS Weißensee - AD Pankow was opened in 1974.
AD Pankow - AS Birkenwerder was opened in 1973.
AS Birkenwerder - AD Havelland was opened in 1972.
So the northern ring was completed in 1974.

AD Havelland - AS Potsdam-North was opened in 1979 (last stretch).
AS Potsdam-North - AS Groß Kreutz was opened in 1939.
AS Groß Kreutz - AD Werder was opened in 1936.

AD Werder - AS Potsdam-South was opened in 1937.
AS Potsdam-South - AD Spreeau was opened in 1938.
AD Spreeau - AD Schwanebeck was opened in 1937.
So the southern and eastern ring was already completed in 1938.

Quote:
Does any part of it run through formerly West Berlin territory?
No. Today only 2.7 percent are on Berlin territory.

Quote:
What is not cool is A100 It would be very nice if the inner ring was also completed.
Never ever - at least not as an Autobahn.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM   #4696
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

How is it that there is Streetview in Germany in some big cities and nothing in the rest?
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM   #4697
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

Privacy laws are rather strict in D. Municipalities can (and do) refuse to get streetviewed.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM   #4698
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Yes, but you have it in Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Nurmeberg, Bremen, Munich...
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM   #4699
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Yes, but you have it in Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Nurmeberg, Bremen, Munich...
It only means that those municipalities ruled in favour of being streetviewed.

EDIT: There are also lots of limitations in municipalities that agreed. Look at the house I was living in while in Munich:

https://maps.google.it/?ll=48.175414...54.75,,0,-3.68
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4700
MichiH

A100 Berlin inner ring road

The 14th section from AS Gradestraße to AS Buschkrugallee was completed in 2000.
The 15th section from AS Buschkrugallee to AS Grenzallee (including AD Neukölln) was opened in 2004.

The 16th section from AS Grenzallee to AS Am Treptower Park has urgent demand. It is 3.2km long and the calculated costs account about 477 million € (federal due). The plan approval procedure started in March 2009, the order was passed in January 2011. It was challenged, but the Federal Administrative Court (BVerwG) dismissed all actions by several private land owners, concerned persons, BUND and the district Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg in September 2012. The construction start was announced for spring 2013, the last information about the completion date said 2022...
Preliminary works has already started. The stretch will be equipped with 3 lanes in each direction plus hard shoulders and will also contain a 385m long tunnel.

The 3.1km long 17th section from AS Am Treptower Park to AS Frankfurter Allee (B1/B5) has further demand with planning rights. Preliminary works are already u/c in context with the construction of railstation Ostkreuz (east junction). OSM.

The inner ring shall end at the Frankfurter Allee and be extented by a normal city street via Storkower Straße to the existing inner city street ring. Here, the 18th section of the A100 was planned within the current BVWP 2003, but it will not be submitted for the new BVWP 2015. See OSM.

Official project page: > click <.

Suburbanist liked this post

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau