daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 1st, 2013, 08:51 PM   #4701
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

A72 Chemnitz - Leipzig

The A72 from Chemnitz to Leipzig is a new Autobahn in Saxony. The future road will be equipped with 2 lanes in each direction plus hard shoulders and will have a length of about 62km.

The 1st section (1.1) from junction AK Chemnitz (A72) to AS Hartmannsdorf has a length of 6.0km (OSM). The plan approval order was passed in November 2003. It was challenged, but the Federal Administrative Court (BVerwG) dismissed all actions in February 2005. The construction already began in November 2003, the road is in service since 14th of November 2006.

The 2nd section (1.2) from AS Hartmannsdorf to AS Niederfrohna has a length of 4.6km (OSM). The plan approval order was passed in December 2004. Works began in March 2005. Completion was on 21st of December 2006.

The 3rd section (2) from AS Niederfrohna to AS Rochlitz is 12.2km long (OSM). The plan approval order was passed in May 2007. The construction time was from December 2007 until the opening ceremony on 22nd December 2011.

The 4th section (3.1) from AS Rochlitz to AS Frohburg has a length of 14.5km (OSM). The plan approval order was passed in Feburary 2008. The design of the AS Frohburg was challenged, and the Federal Administrative Court (BVerwG) abstracted this junction from the building law for the road. Works for the road (without the junction at the end of the stretch) began in September 2009. The construction will be finished in summer 2013.
The junction AS Frohburg and its connector B7n need a own plan approval procedure, which has not yet started.

The 5th section (3.2) from AS Frohburg to AS Borna-South is 6.0km long (OSM). The plan approval order was passed in April 2009 and the works started in March 2010. Both sections from Rochlitz to Borna will be opened in summer 2013. Because of the problmes with AS Frohburg, both sections (3.1 and 3.2) must be opened in common.

The 6th section (4) from AS Borna-South to AS Borna-North has a length of 2.8km (OSM). This Borna bypass is in service since September 2006. It is still signed as B95, but it will be renamed to A72. Improvements regarding the noise protection are currently in progress.

The 7th section (5.1) from AS Borna-North to AS Rötha is 9.5km long (OSM). The plan approval procedure was started in December 2009, and the order was passed in June 2012. Two private persons submitted complaints, the hearing at the Federal Administrative Court (BVerwG) will be in autumn 2013. This complaints do not affect the begin of construction, which was announced for spring 2013.

The 8th section (5.2) from AS Rötha to AK Leipzig (A38) has a length of 7.2km (OSM). The plan approval procedure was started in 2011, its end is estimated for 2015. Here does already exist a 4-laned road.

Official project page: > click <; DEGES.

Suburbanist, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM   #4702
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
EDIT: There are also lots of limitations in municipalities that agreed. Look at the house I was living in while in Munich:

https://maps.google.it/?ll=48.175414...54.75,,0,-3.68
Nice! Did you like living in a blurry building?

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM   #4703
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

These regulations against Google Street View are stupid. If you can photograph a façade from a street (I think that is legal, right?), the should be no restriction in doing the same, passively, dozens of times per second on a car and indexing it and putting in over a map base.

This reminds me of people who are screaming about digitalization of public records (that nobody dispute should be public like court proceedings) because it will make easier for a work colleague to "dig up dirt" on someone's father or mother 40 years ago.

Last edited by Suburbanist; April 1st, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:20 PM   #4704
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
These regulations against Google Street View are stupid. If you can photograph a façade from a street (I think that is legal, right?), the should be no restriction in doing the same, passively, dozens of times per second on a car and indexing it and putting in over a map base.
In the EU, taking the photo is legal. Publishing the photo on the Internet is restricted by the EU data privacy laws.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:23 PM   #4705
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

But we are publishing thousands of pictures here...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:45 PM   #4706
MattiG

Likes (Received): 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
In the EU, taking the photo is legal. Publishing the photo on the Internet is restricted by the EU data privacy laws.
But the same data privacy directive has been implemented in all the EU countries: those allowing Google Street View, and those not allowing. Thus, the EU level privacy regulation is not the explanation.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:39 PM   #4707
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
But the same data privacy directive has been implemented in all the EU countries: those allowing Google Street View, and those not allowing. Thus, the EU level privacy regulation is not the explanation.
It's a Directive, not a Regulation, and it's not a fully harmonized Directive. Member States have significant space in which to vary their implementations.

"Article 5
Member States shall, within the limits of the provisions of this Chapter, determine more precisely the conditions under which the processing of personal data is lawful."

There has been talk of a Regulation (which would impose exactly the same rules throughout the EU) to replace the Directive, but it seems stalled.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM   #4708
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I passed a house on a side street today in Ingolstadt where a big banner was saying "Google Streetview? NEIN!"
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #4709
MattiG

Likes (Received): 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
It's a Directive, not a Regulation, and it's not a fully harmonized Directive. Member States have significant space in which to vary their implementations.

"Article 5
Member States shall, within the limits of the provisions of this Chapter, determine more precisely the conditions under which the processing of personal data is lawful."

There has been talk of a Regulation (which would impose exactly the same rules throughout the EU) to replace the Directive, but it seems stalled.
Yes, the directive leaves room for local implementation as soon as the minimum requierements are met.

As most of the EU countries have not banned Street View, but implemented the Data Protection Directive, the EU directive is NOT the one to blaim for the ban. Q.E.D.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM   #4710
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
Yes, the directive leaves room for local implementation as soon as the minimum requierements are met.
That was the intention, but there is much disagreement over the what the minimum requirements are and what must be done to meet them. The ambiguity of the Directive is one of the factors behind the effort to replace it with a Regulation. Specifically, member states do not agree (among other things) on whether or not the minimum requirements of the Directive prohibit Streetview.

Writing legislation in 23 different languages that has exactly the same meaning in all contexts is a big challenge and not always successful. Maybe that's one of the reasons why a majority of respondents to the 2012 Eurobarometer on languages favored the adoption of only one (unspecified) official EU language for the publication of EU Regulations and Directives. Saving over a billion euro per year in translation costs may be another reason.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:58 PM   #4711
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I passed a house on a side street today in Ingolstadt where a big banner was saying "Google Streetview? NEIN!"
It always surprises me how people can concentrate their energies in completely meaningless issues...

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

cinxxx liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #4712
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I came to the conclusion that people here have it to good, no real worries, and so, they have time for nonsense

Last edited by cinxxx; April 2nd, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:16 PM   #4713
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Took a picture upon returning home

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM   #4714
Wilhem275
The Transporter

You should upload it in Picasa and tag it exactly on the map, so that the Streetview blind spot will be patched. That would be irony

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM   #4715
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Hahaha, but is that even legal? Can't the bastard sue me for that?
EDIT: this is the place http://goo.gl/maps/BU7GW

Last edited by cinxxx; April 2nd, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM   #4716
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
I came to the conclusion that people here have it to good, no real worries, and so, they have time for nonsense
Exactly! That's Germany

cinxxx liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:41 PM   #4717
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Hahaha, but is that even legal? Can't the bastard sue me for that?
EDIT: this is the place http://goo.gl/maps/BU7GW
They can sue you. Yet, they stand no chance of winning this trial.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:06 AM   #4718
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5855

Quote:
Took a picture upon returning home

Maybe he is embarrassed by his fence, but too lazy to fix it.

Wilhem275, cinxxx, Deadeye Reloaded, Attus liked this post
AnOldBlackMarble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #4719
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

These two photos are from the Dutch Rijkswaterstaat archive. According to the description, it's Dutch rijksweg 1, but that's obviously not the case. I think it is in Germany. According to the description, the photos were taken in 1984.

I wonder where it is... A wild guess by me based on the date and scenery; A93?

high resolution

high resolution
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #4720
mapman:cz
Ministerskı rada

Likes (Received): 202

I think that this is the A3 between Straubing and Bogen near Rastätte Bayerischer Wald Süd. Bridge carries the current route SR4.

Last edited by mapman:cz; April 5th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.
mapman:cz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau