daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #4921
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Well, I think reading the press release is better than wild guess .

"Die neue Hochbrücke wird eine Länge von rund 535m haben."

The 535m are maybe w/o the ramps?
I think the 535 m figure refers to the main bridge and the adjacent side spans, and not the entire bridge structure.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #4922
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

Quote:
The 2-tubes B2 Auerbergtunnel north of Oberau (project page; OSM), the B2 Oberau bypass (2-tubes Tunnel Oberau; OSM) and the B23 Garmisch bypass (Kramertunnel; OSM) and the B2 Partenkirchen bypass (Wanktunnel; OSM). Estimated costs: more than 500 million €.

The plan approval procedure for the Aubergtunnel is running (since many years), the plan approval order for the B2 Oberau tunnel was passed in February 2010, and the plan approval procedure for the Wanktunnel could start after acceptance of the Olympic bit. Preliminary plannings for the B23 Oberau bypass are in progress (OSM).

Also the A8 widening and the B21 Bad Reichenhall bypass could be implemented (Kirchholztunnel and Stadtbergtunnel; OSM).
Are those projects Autobahns or just Autobahnähnliche (or normal roads)?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #4923
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Are those projects Autobahns or just Autobahnähnliche (or normal roads)?
Well, the future B2 from the end of the A95 at AS Eschenlohe to the AS near Burgrain (north of GAP where the road splits into the western B2 and the eastern B23) will be grade-separeted and will have hard shoulders - except of the (three) tunnels (including the existing Tunnel Farchant).

NIMBYs usually don't like any new road, in no way a Autobahn. The compromise is a "yellow Autobahn", but there is no difference regarding road standard. Thus the new A95 will be called B2 south of Eschenlohe .

All other projects will get 2 lanes only.

g.spinoza liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #4924
MichiH

The 2nd stage of the B3 Celle bypass will be opened on 20th June 2013 (source with pics of the strange oval roundabout).

The B3 bypass is on the route of the formerly planned A37. It has 5 sections:

The 1st stage from AS Nienhagen-Nienhorst to AS Westercelle (7.4km; OSM) was built from May 2007 to June 2009 (plan approval procedure: September 2001 to May 2003; complaints have been rejected). It is equipped with 3 lanes.
The 2nd stage from AS Westercelle to AS Altencelle (3.2km; OSM) is u/c since June 2009 (plan approval procedure: May 2005 to March 2007; complaints have been rejected). It is equipped with 3 lanes.
The 3nd stage from AS Altencelle (B214) to AS Celle-Altenhagen (5.3km; OSM) is currently challenged (plan approval procedure: March 2008 to November 2011). It will be equipped with 4 lanes on the southern part between B214 and L282. The northern part will get 3 lanes.
The 4th stage from AS Celle-Altenhagen (B191) to AS Celle-Klein Hehlen (2.4km; OSM) is in the preliminary planning phase.
The 5th stage, the Groß Hehlen bypass (5.7km; OSM) is in the preliminary planning phase. The plan approval order is announced for late 2016.

Official project page: > click <.

The construction supervisor recommended now to drive on the 2nd stage by bike (to take some pics ).

Wilhem275 liked this post
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #4925
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Thanks for your comprehensive updates about road projects in Germany, a pleasure to have such up-to-date information in this thread

MichiH liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4926
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

What is the status of the Wesertunnel in Bremen? I believe it was environmentally approved one or two years ago, but I haven't heard much about it recently, other than that it would be a toll tunnel.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #4927
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What is the status of the Wesertunnel in Bremen? I believe it was environmentally approved one or two years ago, but I haven't heard much about it recently, other than that it would be a toll tunnel.
See project page: > click <.

"Der Planfeststellungsbeschluss erfolgte im Juni 2010. Die verhandelten Klagen vor dem BVerwG wurden im November 2011 abgewiesen. Bei den ruhenden Verfahren wird angestrebt, sich mit den Klagenden entschädigungsrechtlich zu einigen, damit die Klagen zurückgezogen werden können. Ein vollziehbarer Planfeststellungsbeschluss liegt somit noch nicht vor. Die Realisierung wird als sogenanntes F-Modell (ÖPP) angestrebt."

The plan approval order was passed in June 2010. The complaints were rejected in November 2011. It is aspired to arrange with the complainers regarding compensations within the holded procedure (I've no idea why it is holded procedure!?). It is planned to implement the section as PPP (with toll).

Forecast:
"In Abhängigkeit des weiteren Planfeststellungsverfahrens für den BA 2/2 wird gemeinsam mit dem BMVBS über die Fortführung der Vorbereitungen für eine Konzessionärsvergabe zu entscheiden sein."

The focus is on section 2.2 (near the airport). The plan approval order was passed in 2009, but it's w/o legal capacity. The city of Bremen reached an agreement with the residents regarding noise protection. This costs more and must be clarified with the Federal ministry. It is planned to give the adapted plans to the ministry in summer 2013. Afterwards - if the ministery will have agreed - an addition procedure can be started to modify the plans. The new plan approval order is announced for late 2015.

Here an article: > click < (German; January 2013).
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM   #4928
kubam4a1

Likes (Received): 6

According to this article, the complaint was made at the Constitutional Court and they are waiting.

http://www.weser-kurier.de/bremen/ve...id,536322.html

Curiously, the complaint was not made by a BANANA group, just residents that want the tunnel a little longer and much more expensive.
kubam4a1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:35 AM   #4929
thun

@ MichiH: Maybe you feel like linking those last few posts to the Bundesstraßen-Thread in the German section? It would be appreciated.

bozenBDJ liked this post
thun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:18 PM   #4930
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by thun View Post
@ MichiH: Maybe you feel like linking those last few posts to the Bundesstraßen-Thread in the German section? It would be appreciated.
Well, I also post all infos on a German forum (it takes more than 1-2 hours a day) - there we even have one thread for each B road.

I am only on SSC to get infos about road projects in other European countries and to train my English.

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:36 PM   #4931
MichiH

Today's news:

- The plan approval order for the B311 link road near Erbach (OSM) is final and conclusive . The 2-laned road connects the B311 with the B30 expressway south of Ulm. It has a length of 5.8km. Total costs: 31.14 million €. The plan approval order was passed in December 2011, the complaints were rejected today (see press release; 1 citizens' action group and 45 citizens had brought actions). Due to the lack of funding the construction will not be started before 2017.

- The A10 widening (2x4) from AD Nuthetal to AD Potsdam (south of Berlin; OSM) is also obstructed due to the general German problem - lack of funding. The Federal Ministry of Transport can not confirm a construction start in 2014. On the other hand a good news: The plan approval order - which was passed in January 2013 - was not challenged .
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:39 PM   #4932
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

(side off-topic comment: why is that German public agencies/services websites have usually a so outdated design, looking like they came straight from 1998? It applies to transportation agencies and even things like museums or city official websites with info for foreigners).
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:43 PM   #4933
Suburbanist
on the road

@MichiH: do you have any news on that project to close the gap in München (A-99)?
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:49 PM   #4934
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
(side off-topic comment: why is that German public agencies/services websites have usually a so outdated design, looking like they came straight from 1998? It applies to transportation agencies and even things like museums or city official websites with info for foreigners).
Well, I have no frigging idea! Most German "traffic" websites are plain. Germans are even generally unable to build roads. Therefore I don't care about web designs but rather worry about getting and keeping(!) good road connections.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:53 PM   #4935
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
@MichiH: do you have any news on that project to close the gap in München (A-99)?
Of course . It is finally canceled! It will not be applied for the next BVWP 2015. The old BVWP 2003 has also not contained it!
Anyway almost the whole existing A99 beltway will be applied for widening within the BVWP 2015 .
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4936
Suburbanist
on the road

That is a pity, as it leaves A-95 as lonely disconnected highway in the system (no direct connection to any other Autobahn).

I keep thinking if people living along this route don't complain about inter-city traffic
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #4937
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Some questions about the environmental zones:

Are there any Autobahnen in which the environmental sticker is required? For instance, is it possible to drive through Ruhrgebiet (using only Autobahnen) without a sticker? Or what about the gap between A2 and A52 in Gladbeck? I have understood that there is a large environmental zone in Ruhrgebiet, just don't know its exact borders.

Is there any place where detailed maps of all the environmental zones can clearly be found in the same place?

When driving, I have understood that it's impossible to drive into an environmental zone without noticing it. What I would like to know: are there any advance warnings when a road (or Autobahn!) is leading to one, so that there won't be any need to do U-turns at the border of the zone?

It's a pity Google Street View works so poorly in Germany...
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:04 AM   #4938
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8960

Quote:
Well, I also post all infos on a German forum (it takes more than 1-2 hours a day) - there we even have one thread for each B road.

I am only on SSC to get infos about road projects in other European countries and to train my English.

Which German forum do you mean?
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:46 AM   #4939
Suburbanist
on the road

AFAIK, no Autobahn lies within an environmental zone.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:52 AM   #4940
kubam4a1

Likes (Received): 6

Why did they choose not to close the A99 gap? It would dramatically improve the driving conditions around the city, allowing to switch to other part of the ring in case of an accident or works.
kubam4a1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau