daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 27th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #4961
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8964

ACHTUNG

There was a serious fire in the southern tube (direction Görlitz) of the Königshainer Berge Tunnel (legth 3300 m) on the A4 near the German-Polish border. A truck burnt down completely 600 m away from the tunnel portal. The fire was so intense that the damaged tube will remain closed for the rest of this year.

In the following traffic jam on the A4 before the tunnel there was a tragic accident. A truck hit the end of the traffic jam and pushed a Golf Plus under another truck. The driver was killed. His wife survived badly injured.

What Is Love?

mb92 liked this post
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #4962
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Damn, poor people... I hate these things.

The tunnel seemed to work fine: lightning is still working, so the vents (I guess), the cable ducts are still in place...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #4963
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

How sad. I drove on that particular road and tunnel just a few days before.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #4964
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Damn, poor people... I hate these things.

The tunnel seemed to work fine: lightning is still working, so the vents (I guess), the cable ducts are still in place...

Yes, the safety instalations worked quite fine but the tunnel itself is on a length of about 50m very much kaputt. It will take several months to make everything shiny again.
What Is Love?
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #4965
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Some news:

- The plan approval procedure for the last section of the new A14 from Schwerin to Magdeburg will probably be started in autumn 2013. The section has a length of 16.8km (from AS Vielbaum to AS Osterburg; OSM). It was planned in 2009 to fund this section by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) thus it would have to be completed until 2015 .

- The bidding procedure for the A20 Elbtunnel is annouced to be started in 2014 (OSM). It was announced to make an economic feasibility study after the plan approval order will be passed. The latter is announced for autumn 2013. Here an overview of the whole A20 in Schleswig-Holstein: > click <. The plan approval orders were delayed many times thus I don't believe, that all five orders will be passed until late 2014 .

- The construction of the Lappachtalbrücke (OSM) started last week. The viaduct has a length of 287m and costs 14 million €. It is located on the A94 between AS Lengdorf and AS Dorfen. The PPP bidding for building the entire A94 from AS Pastetten to AS Heldenstein is announced to be probably started in 2015 .

- The B13 Unterheßbach bypass will be opened on 3rd of June 2013 (1.9km; OSM). The plan approval procedure was started in October 2009, the order was passed in October 2011. Groundbreaking was celebrated on 5th May 2012. Estimated costs: 3 million €. This project was a real quickie . It is a northward extension of the 3.2km long Lehrberg bypass (OSM) which was built from April 2009 till December 2010.

- The B216 Dahlenburg bypass was opened in 2003. It is planned to widen the western part up to 3 lanes (OSM). This is the result of an analysis which was arranged in 2007. The plan approval procedure has started recently. The AADT 2010 (source) was only 5.100 vehicles per day, but the heavy traffic ratio was about 17% (> 800 trucks per day) .

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #4966
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

I drove the A94 yestarday. Hope the missing link will be completed soon. Too many hurried drivers on the Bundestrasse, on those bad weather conditions...
I passed through a tunnel that I didn't remember from last year when I was last time on the A94.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #4967
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I drove the A94 yestarday. Hope the missing link will be completed soon. Too many hurried drivers on the Bundestrasse, on those bad weather conditions...
The completion is estimated for 2018, but this is not more than wishful thinking .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I passed through a tunnel that I didn't remember from last year when I was last time on the A94.
Einhausung Wimpasing. The 680m long artificial tunnel is on the Heldenstein-Mühldorf section which was completed in December 2012.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #4968
MichiH

More news:

- The A6 border crossing buildings Goldene Bremm between France to Germany will be demolished. The works have started last Friday. The deconstruction shall improve traffic flow and road safety. The demolition costs 117.000 €. 160 additional parking positions for truck and 160 additional parking positions for cars will be created (see press release) .

- Two complaints against the plan approval order for the B85 Neubäu bypass were submitted (4.0km; 16-17 million €; 2+1; OSM; project page) .

- Bavaria will operate a speeding camera marathon next week (4th to 11th June 2013). The locations of the 500 speeding camera points will be published here on 3rd June 2013. North Rhine-Westphalia and Lower Saxony will also participate on 3rd and 4th June! See press release .

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #4969
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

A speed limit of 10km/h...
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #4970
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Has the Total services cease to operate on that border?
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #4971
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
A speed limit of 10km/h...
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #4972
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Has the Total services cease to operate on that border?
What do you mean, the Total gas station? Well, the gas station is not located at the former border crossing. It is a couple of hundred meters in front of the border .
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #4973
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The plan approval order for the A7 widening between AS Bad Bramstedt und der AS Kaltenkirchen (2x3 lanes; OSM) was passed on 30th April 2013. The last plan approval procedure between AD Bordesholm (A215) and AD Hamburg-Northwest (section AS Quickborn to state border Schleswig-Holstein/Hamburg) will be finished soon (within the next few weeks). The 7 sections (about 64km) will be built as PPP from 2014 to 2018.
The plan approval order for 10.3km long section AS Quickborn to state border Schleswig-Holstein/Hamburg was passed on 22th May (OSM). The procedure was started in May 2010.

Old May 29th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #4974
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Are they going for a cheap widening? According to the state, the widening will only cost € 280 million, or circa € 4.9 million per kilometer. I find it hard to believe you can replace all bridges and overpasses for that kind of money. Although the widening is generally not space-constraint, they do need to widen/replace most bridges and viaducts if they want to have continuous shoulders.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #4975
MichiH

I don't know. But it is flat open country.

The costs are w/o the Hamburg section (border to AD Hamburg-Northwest), which will be part of the PPP. The total costs are 675 million € (> 60 million €/km) for that section plus the two southern sections (upgrade to 2x4) up to Elbtunnel.

See Hamburg project pages: > click < and > click <.

Also a 2x4 upgrade from the southern entrance of the Elbtunnel to AS Hamburg-Heimfeld is planned (7.6km; OSM). The section between the future AK Hamburg-Süderelbe and AS Hamburg-Heimfeld is part of the plan approval procedure for the A26 section 4 which was started in September 2012.

Old May 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #4976
MichiH

The pavement of the A9 between AK Neufahrn and AK Munich-North must urgently be renewed (see project page; OSM).

Without a renewal of the road a safe use of the Autobahn would not be sustainable during the next winter. Total costs: 22 million €.

The renovation will be done in 3 phases on weekends.

Phase 1: 8./9. June and 15./16. June; buffer: 22./23. June
Phase 2: 29./30. June and 6./7. July; buffer: 13./14. July
Phase 3: 24./25. August and 31.August/1st September; buffer: 7./8. September
The works will always start on Friday evening at 10:30PM and will be finished until Monday at 5:30AM.
There will be 3 lanes northwards and only 2 lanes southwards (instead of 2x4).

I guess that will be "funny" for the vacation traffic!

Old May 30th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #4977
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

I had two interesting experiences on the A5 from Basel to Karlsruhe yesterday. After heavy rain, it was dry at the moment, I drive on the left lane about 140 km/h, next car about 400 meters in front, when suddenly a tree in the median falls over onto the left lane. I can only just avoid it and so does the motorcyclist behind me.

I guess the huge ammount of rain the last couple of days and moments before this happened flushed the soil away and made the tree so heavy that it fell over. I wanted to call the authorities to report the issue but I didn't know what the right telephone number is?

Not long after that the autobahn was completely closed so I ended up driving via Strassbourg, French A35 and German A65 (nice missing link between the two, time for an ausbau)..

Des no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #4978
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The pavement of the A9 between AK Neufahrn and AK Munich-North must urgently be renewed (see project page; OSM).

Without a renewal of the road a safe use of the Autobahn would not be sustainable during the next winter. Total costs: 22 million €.

The renovation will be done in 3 phases on weekends.

Phase 1: 8./9. June and 15./16. June; buffer: 22./23. June
Phase 2: 29./30. June and 6./7. July; buffer: 13./14. July
Phase 3: 24./25. August and 31.August/1st September; buffer: 7./8. September
The works will always start on Friday evening at 10:30PM and will be finished until Monday at 5:30AM.
There will be 3 lanes northwards and only 2 lanes southwards (instead of 2x4).

I guess that will be "funny" for the vacation traffic!
Oh shit! Maybe a good excuse to stop all the Dutch directly at the German border
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4979
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
After heavy rain, it was dry at the moment, I drive on the left lane about 140 km/h, next car about 400 meters in front, when suddenly a tree in the median falls over onto the left lane.
Happened to me once, too, but I was doing 50 on a rural road so I was able to stop (on fully wet road and with no ABS!). There was strong wind at the moment, so I guess I was paying attention to the shaking trees.

Not a nice experience, anyway.

Trees in the median of highways are pretty rare, though. Can you point the exact spot on the map?

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #4980
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

I´ve never seen trees in the median on German autobahns.
What Is Love?

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau