daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 11th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #5061
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

B96 Stralsund

The B96 is a 4-lane expressway from A20 to the Rügen Bridge. The expressway opened in 2006, the bridge in 2007.

The bridge is quite impressive. It has 3 lanes, the center lane is reversible. Photos taken last Thursday with excellent weather.

image hosted on flickr

B96-1 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-4 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-5 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-8 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-11 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-14 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-15 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-17 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-19 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-21 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-22 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-23 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-25 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-27 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-28 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-30 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

B96-31 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

piotr71, Moravian, mb92, MichiH, wkiehl101 and 1 others liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #5062
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2104

I don't like this kind of 3-total-lane design. In Italy we used to have those, but we upgraded them because deemed too dangerous (A6 Torino-Savona)
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #5063
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

A6 didn't have lane management... the middle one was a pure suicide lane.

Alessandria city bridge is a 3-lane with central reversible, works pretty fine:
https://maps.google.pl/?ll=44.91333,...dG8HWPJdxDcoyA

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #5064
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
A6 didn't have lane management... the middle one was a pure suicide lane.
Judging by how many people drive on the shoulder near Bologna on A1, where dynamic 3rd lane is, regardless of whether the lane is opened or not, I call it suicide lane too.

Quote:
Alessandria city bridge is a 3-lane with central reversible, works pretty fine:
https://maps.google.pl/?ll=44.91333,...dG8HWPJdxDcoyA
Didn't know that. I'd drive there in the outmost lane only.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #5065
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

Are there still big problems on motorways in Bavaria? It seems I will have to make an urgent drive home to Timisoara. Planning to leave tomorrow after work, stay somewhere in the middle over night and resume on Friday morning.

If there are problems with A93 or A3, I can take the alternative A9-A94...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #5066
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Are there still big problems on motorways in Bavaria? It seems I will have to make an urgent drive home to Timisoara. Planning to leave tomorrow after work, stay somewhere in the middle over night and resume on Friday morning.

If there are problems with A93 or A3, I can take the alternative A9-A94...
If you understand German, I recommend http://www.verkehrsinfo.de. Here can you find informations.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #5067
thun

A3 still is closed around Deggendorf (redirected via B8), A92 is open.
Old June 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #5068
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Austrian just cancelled the Korridorvignette between Switzerland and Germany... kinda ironic.
I hope the Germans will at least extempt those who have a valid Austrian vignette. A8-A93 is a very important route linking Tirol and Vorarlberg with the rest of Austria. At the same time I think it's only fair that ASFINAG has a dig in its wallet, helping to maintain that important German corridor. Apparently the Austrians are expecting the Germans and Italians to help maintaining the Brenner link.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #5069
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I hope the Germans will at least extempt those who have a valid Austrian vignette.
Certainly not. The reason why there are almost only Bavarians pushing for a toll scheme is that they get ripped off in Austria all the time while Austrians get a free ride through Germany. If there ever is a motorway toll introduced in Germany then it will be done to stop Austrian to use this Inntal corridor for free.

mcarling, g.spinoza, MichiH liked this post
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #5070
SturmBeobachter
BANNED

Likes (Received): 172

I think it would be unfair to introduce Tolls on the German motorways because we all pay it trough the higher petrol prices, ausländers or inländers. This Toll is not TOLL!

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
SturmBeobachter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #5071
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Apparently the Austrians are expecting the Germans and Italians to help maintaining the Brenner link.
Europabrücke toll is already basically a tax on Brenner link, mostly payed by Italians and Germans
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #5072
thun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmBeobachter View Post
I think it would be unfair to introduce Tolls on the German motorways because we all pay it trough the higher petrol prices, ausländers or inländers. This Toll is not TOLL!
Not really. If you drive on the Großes Deutsches Eck you'd be stupid to tank in Germany. And that's only one example. Hence the infrastructure is not payed by everyone using it because not everyone transiting Germany drives on A7 the whole lenghth. Therefore a sticker makes sense.
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #5073
thun

A3 might open tomorrow: http://www.pnp.de/region_und_lokal/l...in-Passau.html
First renovations will cost up to 2 mln.
Old June 13th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #5074
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Europabrücke toll is already basically a tax on Brenner link, mostly payed by Italians and Germans
And local Austrians and anyone who drives on it. You don't have to have a vignette between Innsbruck-Sued and Brenner. Not that it matters to those who come from far away...
Old June 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #5075
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
And local Austrians
How many Austrians live on austrian Wipptal? 10 thousand? Compare that to 10 million Northeastern Italians and 10 million south Germans using that route.

Quote:
and anyone who drives on it.
Which are basically Italians and Germans. Austrians seldom pass the Brennerpass.

Quote:
You don't have to have a vignette between Innsbruck-Sued and Brenner. Not that it matters to those who come from far away...
I was ripped too many times. Now everytime I have to go to Germany I take B182 and E533, so I won't pay Austrians any more.
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #5076
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

A1 Bremen - Hamburg

A video of the recently widened A1 from Bremen to Hamburg. The distance covered in the video is approximately 75 kilometers. The newly widened Autobahn is a blast to drive.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #5077
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8964

What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #5078
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
How many Austrians live on austrian Wipptal? 10 thousand? Compare that to 10 million Northeastern Italians and 10 million south Germans using that route.

Which are basically Italians and Germans. Austrians seldom pass the Brennerpass.

I was ripped too many times. Now everytime I have to go to Germany I take B182 and E533, so I won't pay Austrians any more.
8 euros for a 10 day vignette and the same for Brenner tolls in Austria is not that bad. How much does Brenner-Verona cost? You pay tolls in Italy all the same. And there are plenty of comuters between Sudtirol/Wipptal and the other valley off Wiptall - can"t remember the name - and Innsbruck or the rest of Austria. Plenty of IL and I registrations about. No point getting angry about Austrian tolls when you pay tolls in Italy as well.

Choice is theirs. Nobody stops them paying 40 euros in Switzerland or hell expensive Mont Blanc and Frejus tunnels on top of the French tolls. By George, I believe that Austria is in fact the cheapest way to Italy for northern Europeans if it's a one-off roadtrip. From England I sometimes used to drive the extra 100 miles to avoid expensive France or avoiding Switzerland when transitting with goods.
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #5079
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
How much does Brenner-Verona cost? You pay tolls in Italy all the same.
16€ for 210 km. Compare to 17€ for 46km Brenner-Zirl for those who go towards Garmisch. Or 17€ for 110km Brenner-Kufstein.

Quote:
And there are plenty of comuters between Sudtirol/Wipptal and the other valley off Wiptall - can"t remember the name - and Innsbruck or the rest of Austria. Plenty of IL and I registrations about. No point getting angry about Austrian tolls when you pay tolls in Italy as well.
I pay tolls in Italy, of course, but Austrian tolls are specifically designed to rip off foreigners. All stupid additional costs are located near borders.
And no South Tirolean Wipptaler goes to Austrian Wipptal by motorway. The have to be plain stupid to do that.

Quote:
Choice is theirs. Nobody stops them paying 40 euros in Switzerland or hell expensive Mont Blanc and Frejus tunnels on top of the French tolls. By George, I believe that Austria is in fact the cheapest way to Italy for northern Europeans if it's a one-off roadtrip. From England I sometimes used to drive the extra 100 miles to avoid expensive France or avoiding Switzerland when transitting with goods.
Of course Austria is cheaper than Switzerland, but only because Switzerland is outrageously expensive while Austria is only expensive.
But I drive Bundesstraßen so I don't care.
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #5080
Road_UK
BANNED

You think that the tolls are only for those who cross the border? Tolls start at Innsbruck Süd!

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau