daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #5421
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Not with a diesel car.
Depends on speed. Let's say one will fill up in Germany if he keeps high speeds. That's a good tax: you must pay it if you want to go fast

In fact my concept of "through trip" is Austria - Rostock... I understand a Benelux - Poland travel is a bit different.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #5422
thun

I could even do Strasbourg - Czech Republic with my 14 year old petrol car (which does have a rather average range) without the need to stop in Germany. Others would be Denmark - Benelux, Denmark - Poland or CZ, CZ - Switzerland, France - Austria, etc.
There are plenty of routes where transit traffic doesn't necessarily have to stop at a German petrol station. The most important one probably being the "großes deutsches Eck" (A93/A8) between Tyrol and Austria with thousands of Austrian vehicles on it every day.
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #5423
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

In my French registered Renault Master I've done Mayrhofen (via Kufstein)- Aachen border Belgian side without having to fill up, as well as Heerlen - Mayrhofen without wasting my money on German diesel...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #5424
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Shhhh! Shut up! Or they'll make us pay their motorways

Seriously: this should be an issue only if the amount of foreigners on the Autobahn network is significant; otherwise, any solution would probably cost more money and time than what it may grant.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #5425
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

I don't like that silly season discussion about that stupid CSU toll plans. But I think it is positive to have discussion about the lack of funding for the road infrastructure.

The Federal budget proposal for 2014 was published in the meantime: > click <.

The budget will be reduced to 295.4 billion € (2013: 310 billion €). The net borrowings will be decreased to 6.2 billion € (2013: 25.1 billion €). The Federal Ministry of Transport will get 25.4 billion € in 2014 - about 1 billion € less(!) than in 2013.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #5426
MichiH

A72 Chemnitz - Leipzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
On 9th August.
There was a open day festival on the two new A72 in June. Some pics:
- https://picasaweb.google.com/tilokat...eat=directlink
- https://picasaweb.google.com/1072632...keHalbmarathon
- https://picasaweb.google.com/1072632...arathonAsphalt
- https://picasaweb.google.com/1072632...9kmFestgelande

The northern section - Borna bypass (OSM) - was already opened in 2006. Its yellow signs were now replaced by blue signs.
It happened. Chris has already posted it: > click <.

Pics towards Chemnitz: http://www.autobahn-bilder.de/inlines/a72.htm.
A72 Pics towards Leipzig: http://www.autobahn-bilder.de/inlines/a72.htm#abnieder.
B95 Pics towards Leipzig: http://www.autobahn-bilder.de/inlines/B95.htm (the B95 is to be replaced by the future A72).
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #5427
MichiH

Quote:
- The plan approval order for an upgrade of the district road N4 in Nuremberg was passed, see press release. It's only a district road, but in fact it is part of the Autobahn 73 "Frankenschnellweg" ("Franconia fast way"), see OSM! A 1.8km 2-tubed tunnel will be built. A through road will get 2-lanes in each direction, b/n Fürther Straße and Jansenbrücke a 3rd southbound lane will be added. The project will be implemented by the city of Nuremberg. Total costs: 450 million € (395 million are fund by Bavarian state). Total length: 4.4km. Construction time: 8 years. Layout: > click <. Project page: > click <.
The plan approval order is challenged by a company, the ecology ground BUND and an individual.
The city of Nuremberg wants to start the construction in 2015. Completion 2023.

Old August 15th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #5428
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
My latest video from Germany. Driving Bundesstraße 10 through Stuttgart:

As mendioned in the video a new B10 tunnel is planned.

The future 2-tube Rosensteintunnel has a length of about 1km. The existing Leuzetunnel will be rebuilt and will get a 3rd tube. The new road has a length of 1.6km and will be 4-laned. See OSM and project page. Total costs: 205 million €.

The construction will start by dispclacing the city railway. It will start on 19th August 2013. The construction of the Leuzetunnel (58 million €) will start in November 2013, the works for the Rosensteintunnel (127.5 million €) will start in spring 2014. Completion 2019. The Leuze junction is used by 170,000 vehicles per day.

Old August 15th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #5429
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
The Federal Ministry of Transport will get 25.4 billion € in 2014 - about 1 billion € less(!) than in 2013.
Note that railways, too, have big problems (if you read news about Mainz Hbf., you'll understand it), just like roads, so decreasing transport budget is a very bad decision.

Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #5430
MichiH

Groundbreaking ceremonies of the last few weeks:

- 2nd August: 4-laned expressway B15n from AS Ergoldsbach to Essenbach (A92). It is the last missing section b/n Regensburg and Landshut, see OSM. Length: 9.0km. Costs: 120 million €. The funding for preliminary works (including some small bridges) is assured (5 million €). The further progress depends on funding, but the section shall be completed until 2018. The plan approval procedure was started in September 2005, the order was passed in December 2011. An agreement with the complainers were made in spring 2013.
The B15n was formerly planned as A93. The first B15n section was opened in July 2011 (11km; OSM), the 2nd section was opened in December 2011 (11km; OSM) and the 3rd section from AS Neufahrn to AS Ergoldsbach is currently u/c (7.2km; August 2009 to late 2013; OSM).

- 8th August: 2-laned road B90n from Stadtilm (B87) to Nahwinden (OSM). Length: 9.3km. Costs: 20 million €. The road will partially get a 3rd lane. There is no current info about the completion, but 2016 was contemplated before. The L1048 from Nahwinden to Rudolstadt is currently u/c (funded by Thuringia state) and will be renamed to B90 after completion. The last section will be the closure to the A71 (4.5km; OSM).

- 8th August: 4-laned B75 from AS Hamburg-Georgswerder to AS Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg-South.
Quote:
Quote:
The plan approval order for the new 4-laned B75 from AS Hamburg-Georgswerder to AS Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg-South (OSM) was passed this week, see press release. It has a length of 4.8km. Costs: 136.6 million €. Time for completion: 4 years. The plan approval procedure was started in early 2011. Complaints by NIMBYs are most likely.
The plan approval order for the new Wilhelmsburger Reichsstraße is challenged by a complainer alliance of 200 members.
Nevertheless complaints... The official motive is "start of works for noise protection". Completion: 2018/19 (I've read 2016 only 3 month ago).

A lot of groundbreaking ceremonies. You'd think there could be an election soon...

Suburbanist, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #5431
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
There is no current info about the completion
I noticed that with a lot of projects recently. They start building, but apparently there is not enough funding available to finish the project immediately. If there was enough funding, they'd likely know a rather precise completion date (or at least a year).

Quote:
A lot of groundbreaking ceremonies. You'd think there could be an election soon...
Yep, even in Western Europe it works that way. I noticed a lot of recent BMVBS press releases for really minor projects such as an intersection reconstruction or just a "baustellenbesichtigung".
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #5432
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yep, even in Western Europe it works that way. I noticed a lot of recent BMVBS press releases for really minor projects such as an intersection reconstruction or just a "baustellenbesichtigung".
Exactly. There will be a political "baustellenbesichtigung" (construction inspection) at A44 (Kassel-Eisenach) and at B109 (Kuhbier bypass - very small project) next week. I hate this kind of stupid hustings .
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #5433
MichiH

A26 Drochtersen - Stade - Hamburg

Quote:
- The town Buxtehude withdraw their complaint against A26 section 3
The ground breaking ceremony for the 3rd section will be on 5th September 2013. 4.1km. About 100 million €. Completion 2020. The preliminary works ("Vorschüttungen") are funded by Infrastrukturbeschleunigungsprogramm II (infrastructure speed-up program II).

The 11.2km long section 1 from AS Stade-South to AS Horneburg is in service since October 2008 (OSM).
The 4.6km long section 2.1 from AS Horneburg to AS Jork is u/c since summer 2006. Completion late 2014 (OSM).
The 4.5km long section 2.2 from AS Jork to AS Buxtehude is partly u/c and is announced to be opened together with section 3 (OSM).
Section 3, see above (OSM).
The plan approval procedure for the 8.7km long section 4 from AS Neu Wulmstorf to AK Hamburg-Süderelbe (A7) was started in September 2012 (OSM).
The plan approval procedure for the 15.6 long section 5 (western extension!) from future AD Drochtersen (A20) to Stade was started in September 2010. The order was announced for late 2013 (OSM).
The eastern A26 extension is the Hafenquerspange Hamburg.

See A26 overview list of the German forum for more details: > click <.

Last edited by MichiH; August 17th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #5434
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

8.5 years to construct 4.6 kilometers of motorway? I know it isn't the most favorable soil, but dang...
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #5435
MichiH

Damn! It was planned to post the A26 in a different message, but I forgot the B10 groundbreaking ceremony yesterday .

Quote:
The next 3.8km long section from Walmersbach to Hinterweidenthal (B327) is u/c (OSM). It is not only a simple addition of a 2nd carriageway but a realignment. The plan approval order was passed in September 2009, works started in June 2010 and completion is estimated for 2016 (34 million €).
They splitted the 3.8km long section into 2 phases. The groundbreaking ceremony for the 2nd phase will be on 23th August 2013. A state secretary of the Federal Ministry of Transport will participate.

Old August 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #5436
MichiH

Quote:
- The construction of the Lappachtalbrücke (OSM) started last week. The viaduct has a length of 287m and costs 14 million €. It is located on the A94 between AS Lengdorf and AS Dorfen. The PPP bidding for building the entire A94 from AS Pastetten to AS Heldenstein is announced to be probably started in 2015 .
The PPP was tendered, see press release. Contract time: 30 years. Construction time: 2016-2019. Length of road to be built: 33km. Length of road to be operated: 77km. See also tender.

PS: Sorry, no pics of the A94 .

Old August 17th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #5437
MichiH

Quote:
The following 8.9 long Heiligenhaus gap is u/c. The plan approval order was passed in February 2007. As usual - it was challenged. In this case the order was also not res judicata, thus a addendum procedure was necessary. Due to the fact that only the compensating areas were criticized, the construction already began in April 2010. In the meantime same further complaints were submitted. In December 2011 the Higher Administrative Court (OVG) Münster stopped the construction works. Then the plan approval addendum order was finally passed in February 2012, and the works restarted (but very slowly). The project manager announced in March 2013, that the regular works are starting now. The completion of the first 4.9km long section from AS Heiligenhaus to the current A44 end at AS Heiligenhaus-Hetterscheid (OSM) is estimated for late 2016. The works on the last 4.0km phase between AK Ratingen-East and AS Heiligenhaus (OSM) will implemented between 2014 and late 2018. The both stretches contain 5 viaducts with a length between 129m and 384m. The estimated overall costs are now 222 million €. See official project page.
The construction is in progress, but the BUND has taken the responsible authority Straßen.NRW to the court because they suppose that the rain detention basins will endanger the groundwater (> click <).

Old August 17th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #5438
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

Geez. If they don't build retention ponds, someone will complain about run-off and erosion. If they do, they argue about groundwater.

=======================

I wave a question: did they consider in the past to use more sectors of the former Berlin Wall to build highways over?

A113 is just perfect

Deadeye Reloaded, devo liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #5439
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8960

I especially love this yellow brick design on the side walls!
It´s everytime a pleasure to cruise with 80 km/h into Berlin on that autobahn and enjoy the view of this urban highway.
The speed limit makes sense in that case although there are six lanes.
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #5440
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

When and to where will they exactly extend A100 to Treptow and the other side of the river?

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau