daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #5541
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

A7 Salzgitter - Göttingen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
- A7 widening (2x3) between Salzgitter and Göttingen (OSM; last 29.2km long gap): The Federal Court of Auditors ("Bundesrechungshof") has asserted that PPP would be more expensive than a conventional construction. The costs would be 12.8 million € higher. The Lower Saxony Ministry of Transport is happy, but the final decision will be made by the Federal Ministry of Transport.
The Federal Ministry of Transport instructed them to advance the PPP project (press release; 13th August). The Lower Sayony Ministry of Transport commisioned an external expert to make a legal opinion (press release; 16th August). The result is that the instruction is legal (press release; 17th September). Minister Lies' (SPD) last hope is that a new Federal Government will make a political assessment instead of wasting money just for ideological reason.

The plan approval order for the A7 section 4 from south of AS Echte and south of AS Northeim-North (OSM) was passed on 30th August. Documents: > click <. The procedure was started in May 2011

The plan approval orders for section 3 (started in August 2012; OSM) and section 5 (March 2012; OSM) are still in progress, see project page.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM   #5542
MichiH

A20 Wittenborn - Weede

Quote:
The trial at the Federal Administrative Court for the 3rd A20 section from Wittenborn to Weede (OSM; 10.0km) will be on 22nd and 23rd October 2013. The plan approval order was passed in April 2012 (started in October 2006).
The road construction and maintenance department tried to get a compromise with the complaining environmental organization NABU and Bund but they have not agreed. They are arguing that the protection of the bats cannot be reached by building some additional buildings. The A20 route must be displaced. Well, the court hearing will be in late October...
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM   #5543
MichiH

B85 Amberg - Sulzbach-Rosenberg

The 3-laned widening of the B85 b/n Amberg and Sulzbach-Rosenberg (12km; OSM) was recently completed. The 5th and last section b/n Karmensölden and Schäflohe (1.9km; OSM) was opened on 19th September 2013. The construction of the last section was started in July 2012. The first section was already completed in 2001.
Project page: > click <. Total costs: about 20 million € (newspaper article with some pics).
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM   #5544
MichiH

A59 Duisburg

Quote:
Some new pics.
- A59 widening in Duisburg (OSM): http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/B...burgAusbau.htm.
Some A59 pics (19th September 2013): > click <. The construction of the 2x3 widening was started in 2008. Estimated completion: late 2013.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #5545
MichiH

A10 AD Nuthetal - AD Potsdam

Quote:
The A10 widening (2x4) from AD Nuthetal to AD Potsdam (south of Berlin; OSM) is also obstructed due to the general German problem - lack of funding. The Federal Ministry of Transport can not confirm a construction start in 2014. On the other hand a good news: The plan approval order - which was passed in January 2013 - was not challenged .
The noise protection will be combined with a solar project. This is a pilot project. The ministry is now looking for an investor. The project contains also the 9km A10 widening and the extension of the Michendorf service area. Total costs: 130 million €. Aspired construction time: 2016 to 2020. See press release. See presentation for more details.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #5546
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

- Olpe-tunnel of A1, west of Cologne, 60 km/h, although construction works have been finished long ago. Will it remain so?
- Rhine bridge of A1 at Leverkusen has a limit of 60 km/h in both directions. Nonetheless, yesterday there was only one free lane westbound (normally the bridge is 2×3), approx. 10 kms of congestion. On my way home I choose A3 - A59 - A565.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM   #5547
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
- Olpe-tunnel of A1, west of Cologne, 60 km/h, although construction works have been finished long ago. Will it remain so?
Apparently they are still not finished there. I've read about full closures during the night several times on the strassen.nrw website.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #5548
Autobahnftw

Likes (Received): 7

hello, what is people opinion about no limits on motorways? I hope that they keep them
Autobahnftw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM   #5549
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahnftw View Post
hello, what is people opinion about no limits on motorways? I hope that they keep them
Hello,

We've been through this 20 odd pages back...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM   #5550
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahnftw View Post
Me too.
And given today's election results, the introduction of a general limit is not very likely for the near future

Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #5551
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

A620, Saarbrücken

Autobahn A620 from Saarbrücken to Saarlouis. Quite an interesting ride.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #5552
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2104

A quick question, I have a doubt about gelbe Autobahnen: do they have speed limits or they're unlimited like (most) Autobahnen?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #5553
Road_UK
BANNED

Unlimited unless signposted different.

g.spinoza liked this post
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #5554
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

So the basic difference with the Autobahn is.... ?
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #5555
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
"Vertrauen Sie mir – wir werden eine Lösung finden!" - "Erstens, wir wollen die deutschen Autofahrer nicht stärker belasten, und zweitens, wir brauchen mehr Geld für die Verkehrsinfrastruktur."

I marked red what I could not prove. She said Seehofers proposal of an toll for foreign cars is "rechtlich schwierig" (legally difficult?): > click <.
I can imagine.

I think she is taking fuel duty for granted though, I'm willing to bet Germand earn a lot from for example Dutch filling their cars + some jerrycans over in DE...
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #5556
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Lack of shoulders and substandard exits (tighter curves etc.).
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #5557
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
Thanks.

I drove only in one gelbe Autobahn (can't remember exactly which one... maybe B2 between Augsburg and Donauwörth) but it looked almost Autobahn. I think it had full shoulders, too.
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #5558
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post

Same as some Autobahns. And a lot of B-roads do have shoulders. Difficult to say really what the difference is...
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #5559
thun

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Construction standards. Gelbe Autobahnen can have narrower lanes and hard shoulders, tighter turns, no service areas, etc.
Quite similar to Italian Superstrade, actually.

Obviously you have to take a look at current standards as some Autobahnen still more or less have the standard of the very early days of the network. A8 is an infamous example without hard shoulders, very short acceleration lanes, etc. These things weren't changed over 70 years. Yet, nowadays you aren't able to build an Autobahn like that.
New Gelbe Autobahnen can have hard shoulders but don't have to. E. g. B17 between Landsberg and Augsburg does, and B19 between Kempten and Immenstadt doesn't. Both were buildt in the last 5-10 years. However, there's a speed limit of 120 on the latter.

There is no general speed limit on all roads with carriageways divided by a median. Theoretically it applies on a 1+1 road with median as well, although I'm pretty sure no such road exists (at least without speed.)

Last edited by thun; September 25th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
thun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #5560
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post

I can imagine.

I think she is taking fuel duty for granted though, I'm willing to bet Germand earn a lot from for example Dutch filling their cars + some jerrycans over in DE...
And losing a lot on Germans filling their vehicles up in Austria.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau