daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 25th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #5681
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
And Germans, who face just that pretty much wherever they go are sick of being milked and want to join the club. As I said before, this has nothing to do with reason or finances, it's simple lust for revenge.
Exactly. That's Germany!

In normal course of life beyond politics behavior like this is called "kindergarten".
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #5682
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

BREAKING NEWS

The CDU and the SPD (= the next government) plan to spend additional 11 billions €uro on infrastructure in the next four years!
7 billions €uro are planned for roads and autobahns and 4 billions €uro are planned for the railway infrastucture.

SOURCE (in German)

What Is Love?

Groningen NL, geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; October 27th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #5683
MichiH

A20 Wittenborn - Weede

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The road construction and maintenance department tried to get a compromise with the complaining environmental organization NABU and Bund but they have not agreed. They are arguing that the protection of the bats cannot be reached by building some additional buildings. The A20 route must be displaced. Well, the court hearing will be in late October...
The judges criticized the bat protection of the A20 section near Bad Segeberg during the court hearing. The plans are obviously inaccurate. The sentencing will be on 6th November 2013.
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #5684
MichiH

A98 Hochrheinautobahn

A transport economics study for an Autobahn A98 connection b/n A5 and A81 was published: > click <.
Conclusion: A 3-laned B road is adequate due to the predicted AADT is only b/n 17,000 and 30,000 vehicles per day, see press release.
The section no. 5 b/n Karsau and Schwörstadt should be planned 4-laned to avoid further delays in planning. But the beginning of the plan approval procedure is already delayed and will not be started in 2013.
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #5685
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
The judges criticized the bat protection of the A20 section near Bad Segeberg during the court hearing. The plans are obviously inaccurate. The sentencing will be on 6th November 2013.
solution: bat passages. These will guide bats across the road high enough to avoid accidents with cars and trucks. Bats follow such contours (such as tree lines) to navigate through the landscape.

N33, Netherlands.

S3, Poland

Quote:
Conclusion: A 3-laned B road is adequate due to the predicted AADT is only b/n 17,000 and 30,000 vehicles per day,
I'd say that's high enough to warrant 2x2 lanes, especially if it inches towards 30,000 vehicles per day. 2+1 lanes do not have more capacity than roads with 1x2/2x1 lanes. Capacity-wise, 3-lane roads should be treated as 2-lane roads. The additional lane is only for safe passing, but it doesn't increase capacity, because the single lane segments are decisive for capacity.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #5686
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
solution: bat passages. These will guide bats across the road high enough to avoid accidents with cars and trucks. Bats follow such contours (such as tree lines) to navigate through the landscape.
Things like that are already planned but it is probably not enough... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I'd say that's high enough to warrant 2x2 lanes, especially if it inches towards 30,000 vehicles per day. 2+1 lanes do not have more capacity than roads with 1x2/2x1 lanes. Capacity-wise, 3-lane roads should be treated as 2-lane roads. The additional lane is only for safe passing, but it doesn't increase capacity, because the single lane segments are decisive for capacity.
Of course! But the Green party leads the Baden-Württemberg state government and also the minister of transport is a green politician. So it is no wonder that the study conclusion is as it is!
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #5687
bewu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Reloaded View Post
BREAKING NEWS

The CDU and the SPD (= the next government) plan to spend additional 11 billions €uro on infrastructure in the next four years!
7 billions €uro are planned for roads and autobahns and 4 billions €uro are planned for the railway infrastucture.

SOURCE (in German)

Great news. Do you already know whether more money will be spend on new autobahns (if yes, which ones ?), or on maintaining of old autobahns ?
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #5688
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewu1 View Post
Great news. Do you already know whether more money will be spend on new autobahns (if yes, which ones ?), or on maintaining of old autobahns ?
No, coalition negotiations are not budget negotiations. The road infrastructure is financed by the annual budgets. The 2014 budget has not yet adopted.
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #5689
MichiH

A14 Schwerin - Magdeburg

Quote:
The 154km long new Autobahn from Schwerin (A24) to Magdeburg (A2) transits the states Mecklenburg-West Pomerania ("McPom"; 25km), Brandenburg (32km) and Saxony-Anhalt (97km). The A14 is partly funded by EU.
[...]
The northern Brandenburg section from AS Groß Warnow to AS Karstädt has a length of 12.6km and is challenged by BUND and the district Prignitz. The BVerwG trial is on 23rd April 2013, see BVerwG. The official start of construction will be in summer 2013 - but the works are already in progress (90 million €).
The groundbreaking ceremony for the A14 section no. 5 b/n Groß Warnow and Karstädt happened today (OSM; 118 million €), see press release. Completion: 2015. About half of the costs are financed by the European Regional Development Fund. Preliminary works have already been in progress since a couple of month.

Quote:
The next two plan approval orders are challenged (among others by BUND):
- AS Lüderitz to Dolle (12.5km; 72.6 million €)
- Dolle to AS Colbitz (10.8km; 77 million €)
The BVerwG trials will be in 2014. It is planned to build both section in common.
The Federal Administrative Court (BVerwG) has instructed on 30th September that the documents for A14 section Dolle-Colbitz must be updated. The effect of a nearby military training ground must be considered. The trial will be on 11th December 2013. The Saxony-Anhalt Minister of Transport noted additional planning efforts b/c new aspects of the current law or regulations, have to be considered in the ongoing procedure again and again, see press release.

Deadeye Reloaded, Suburbanist liked this post
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #5690
MichiH

B96 Rügen

Quote:
Thanks . But unfortunaly the video stopped to early. I had already looked forward seeing the following 2.5km long section from AS Altefähr to Rambin which was lately opened in November 2012.

The next 11.5km long section up to Samtens will be opened in 2015. The entire B96 up to Bergen (last section has a length of 6.4km) will be grade-separated and will feature 2+1 lanes after completion.
The total costs were specified with 80 million €. 49 million € are financed by the European Regional Development Fund, see press release (December 2012). The costs have now increased to 135 million €, see newspaper article.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old October 30th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #5691
MichiH

Upcoming openings

- The official opening ceremony of the AD Barnim reconstruction (A10/A11, including 4.2km A10 2x3 widening) will be happen on 11th November 2013 (OSM). The costs have been increased from 45 to 57.5 million €.

- The B27 Hofgeismar bypass (OSM; 3.2km; u/c since September 2009) will be opened on 8th November 2013.

- The B189 Kuhbier bypass (OSM; 3.6km; u/c since January 2013; 15.3 million €) will be opened on 4th November 2013.

Old October 31st, 2013, 01:09 AM   #5692
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

EU published its opinion about toll:
- If the toll has to be paid by both Germand and foreigners and the road tax will be decreased so that the toll does not get plus costs for German tax payers, only for foreigners, it's OK.
- The toll must have several options so that foreigners that make only a short trip must not pay the same price as German drivers that commute in motorways every day.

g.spinoza liked this post
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:19 PM   #5693
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

In my opinion our European friends should have two options:

A vignette paid for one year: 120,00 €uro
A vignette paid for one month: 10,00 €uro

Everyone who disagrees can use a detour around Germany.
What Is Love?
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:53 PM   #5694
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
In my opinion our European friends should have two options:

A vignette paid for one year: 120,00 €uro
A vignette paid for one month: 10,00 €uro

Everyone who disagrees can use a detour around Germany.
Actually I pay less than 120 euro as road tax so my costs would increase with such a system although I am a German tax payer.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:03 PM   #5695
MichiH

What about Germanys who do not drive on Autobahns at all. Do they have to pay less tax? The toll could also be mandatory for all roads.

PS: The social party SPD is still refusing the toll at all: > click <!
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:39 PM   #5696
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Actually I pay less than 120 euro as road tax so my costs would increase with such a system although I am a German tax payer.

I have a solution for this, too! The German state would pay people like you the difference back.

Quote:
What about Germanys who do not drive on Autobahns at all. Do they have to pay less tax? The toll could also be mandatory for all roads.

[...]

There are Germans who own a car and who don´t use our mighty autobahns?!
But yes, these people would just pay less taxes according to this toll-model.
What Is Love?
Old October 31st, 2013, 04:47 PM   #5697
MichiH

That means the revenues of native drivers will be lower and the administrative costs will be higher than the revenues from foreign drivers.

Wilhem275 liked this post
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:42 PM   #5698
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

God bless Germany!
What Is Love?
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:01 PM   #5699
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
EU published its opinion about toll:
- If the toll has to be paid by both Germand and foreigners and the road tax will be decreased so that the toll does not get plus costs for German tax payers, only for foreigners, it's OK.
- The toll must have several options so that foreigners that make only a short trip must not pay the same price as German drivers that commute in motorways every day.
That is only the opinion of the European Commissioner for Transport Mr. Kallas. A press officer contradicted today there is no agreement for the German toll plan. First the German government must provide a detail plan until the European Union can verify if the plan is according to the European law (source).

Quote:
"Es ist nicht denkbar, dass man die Vignette umsonst bekommt, weil man die Kfz-Steuer bezahlt hat"
"It is not possible that you get the vignette for free, because you have paid the road tax"
--> The toll plan is still speculation (and nonsense ).

Last edited by MichiH; October 31st, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:09 PM   #5700
MichiH

Quote:
God bless Germany!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayernh...urrent_Version

"God be with thee, land of the Bavarians, German soil, fatherland!"

The CSU party is only existing in Bavaria. The CSU party has started the car toll plan and is insistently postulating that a car toll must be part of a future coalition contract!

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau