daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #5921
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Well, at least you live along among one of the finest motorways in Germany. Now that they've nearly completed all the roadworks, the A3 is the best route to travel between Austria and NRW. A lot better than that pig bastard swine of a A8...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM   #5922
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Now that they've nearly completed all the roadworks, the A3 is the best route to travel between Austria and NRW. A lot better than that pig bastard swine of a A8...
Yeah, about that... They are planning to start widening the A 3 to 3 lanes in each direction between Kreuz Regensburg and Neutraubling so expect further delays around here for another decade. Traffic around Regensburg (both on the A 3 and especially the A 93) is a complete, unregulated mess.

Now they've built an Eastern detour and instead of making it 2x2 and with interchanges it's a regular country road that can't handle the existing traffic. The planners around here deserve being beaten to death with a wet towel... *grrrrrr*

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Stahlsturm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM   #5923
Road_UK
BANNED

Well, A3 for me starts at Nürnberg. I'm only in the Regensburg area when travelling from Calais to mainland Austria, so no problems there
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM   #5924
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
Yeah, about that... They are planning to start widening the A 3 to 3 lanes in each direction between Kreuz Regensburg and Neutraubling so expect further delays around here for another decade. Traffic around Regensburg (both on the A 3 and especially the A 93) is a complete, unregulated mess.

Now they've built an Eastern detour and instead of making it 2x2 and with interchanges it's a regular country road that can't handle the existing traffic. The planners around here deserve being beaten to death with a wet towel... *grrrrrr*
What Eastern detour? Do you mean the Osttangente?

I know every time I drove Regensburg-Ingolstadt, the traffic was slow unitl A93. The other way around it was better. I also went on some local roads, only to avoid stop and go, wasn't really quicker though, because of jams in Regensburg and area.
http://goo.gl/maps/jnIHw or http://goo.gl/maps/mmgpC
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:50 PM   #5925
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Well, at least you live along among one of the finest motorways in Germany. Now that they've nearly completed all the roadworks, the A3 is the best route to travel between Austria and NRW. A lot better than that pig bastard swine of a A8...
Quote:
Well, A3 for me starts at Nürnberg.
So you are talking about "my A3" Aschaffenburg-Würzburg(-Fürth/Erlangen). Only 53km feature 2x3. About 120km are still 2x2. That's far away from completion! Even the missing 41km b/n AB and WÜ will not be completed until 2020 (or 2025).

Edit: Sorry, you are usually driving at night, aren't you? Driving on the A3 is absolutely great at night (200+) .
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM   #5926
MichiH

A94 München - Passau

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Quote:
- The construction of the Lappachtalbrücke (OSM) started last week. The viaduct has a length of 287m and costs 14 million €. It is located on the A94 between AS Lengdorf and AS Dorfen. The PPP bidding for building the entire A94 from AS Pastetten to AS Heldenstein is announced to be probably started in 2015 .
The PPP was tendered, see press release. Contract time: 30 years. Construction time: 2016-2019. Length of road to be built: 33km. Length of road to be operated: 77km. See also tender.
There are four candidates. They will probably be asked in May 2014 to deliver a practical bid until late 2014. The PPP contract shall be placed in late 2015.

Isek liked this post
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:22 PM   #5927
Road_UK
BANNED

I travel both day and night, and I actually quite like the 2x2 bit with overtaking lorries. To me it's a nice change of pace before blasting after the Aschaffenburg tunnel again.

The Stuttgart route is way too much of a drain to me, with roadworks, congestion, slow speeds etc etc.
Old December 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #5928
MichiH

B179 Königs Wusterhausen bypass

Quote:
- 4th December: B179 Königs Wusterhausen bypass (2nd stage; 3.8km; plan approval order: September 2009; groundbreaking: April 2010; 10 million €; project page; OSM)
The bypass was opened according to plan. The costs have rised from 10 (2010) to 13 (2013) million €, see press release.
Old December 5th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #5929
MichiH

http://www.bmvbs.de/SharedDocs/DE/Pressemitteilungen/2013/249-muecke-b179-koenigswusterhausen.html

Quote:
The A72 from Chemnitz to Leipzig is a new Autobahn in Saxony. The future road will be equipped with 2 lanes in each direction plus hard shoulders and will have a length of about 62km.

[...]

The 8th section (5.2) from AS Rötha to AK Leipzig (A38) has a length of 7.2km (OSM). The plan approval procedure was started in 2011, its end is estimated for 2013. Here does already exist a 4-laned road.
The plan approval order for the last A72 section was recently passed. The Saxony Minster of Transport hopes for funding in 2014 by the Federal Government, see press release.

Old December 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #5930
MichiH

A94 Lappachbrücke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal20a View Post
Does anybody have pics of the A94 in construction?

Source: PNP.

Deadeye Reloaded, geometarkv liked this post
Old December 7th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #5931
MichiH

Upcoming openings

- 13th December: B51 Besseringen bypass (3.6km; plan approval order: August 2009; groundbreaking June 2011; 27 million €; OSM)

- 13th December: B486 Offenthal bypass (3.4km; plan approval order: May 2009; groundbreaking December 2009; 12 million €; OSM). The predicted AADT on the through road is under 10,000 vehicles per day (more than 20,000 less than today).

Quote:
- 13th December: B101 Luckenwalde bypass

Quote:
The last section of the B101 Luckenwalde bypass will be opened on 13th December 2013 (circa 5.5km; OSM). Another part of the southern bypass was already opened in August 2012 (3.3km; OSM). The total costs for both southern sections are 20 million €. The plan approval order was passed in July 2009. The construction was started in September 2010. The B101 features 1x2 lanes with a partial third lane.
- 16th December: B96 Bautzen bypass (2nd stage; 4.4km; groundbreaking: May 2010; 32 million € (stage 1+2); project page; OSM)

- 20th December: B178 AS Obercunnersdorf to AS Niederoderwitz

Quote:
The construction of section 3.2 started directly subsequent to section 3.1 completion (OSM). It is announced to be finished in late 2013, probably in October 2013. This 3-laned section has a length of 10.2km and ends at AS Niederoderwitz (S128).
The B486 Offenthal bypass (OSM), B58 Büderich bypass (OSM), B32 Bad Saulgau bypass (3rd stage; OSM) and the B57 Baesweiler bypass (2nd stage; OSM) are also announced to be opened in December 2013. In addition some projects were announced to be completed in late 2013 but they are probably postponed.
- 20th December: B70 Wettringen bypass (6.8km; plan approval order: February 2010; groundbreaking: September 2010; 20 million €; OSM). Predicted AADT on bypass: 10,000 vehicles/day.

Old December 9th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #5932
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

A31 Emstunnel

Workers accidentally bored through the floor of the Ems Tunnel (near Leer) during renovations, causing the tunnel to leak 500 liters of water per minute. They are now figuring out how to stop the water from pouring into the tunnel.

The Ems Tunnel is a twin-tube immersed tube tunnel under the Ems River. It opened to traffic in 1989. There is no additional impact on traffic due to this leak, because the tube was already closed for renovations.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #5933
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Workers accidentally bored through the floor of the Ems Tunnel (near Leer) during renovations, causing the tunnel to leak 500 liters of water per minute. They are now figuring out how to stop the water from pouring into the tunnel.
I'm glad I'm not the supervisor there...
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #5934
Stahlsturm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo Wolf View Post
I'm glad I'm not the supervisor there...
Would you beat them to death with a wet towel ?
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #5935
Stahlsturm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
What Eastern detour? Do you mean the Osttangente?
No, I mean the newly built "Pilsen Allee" which connects the "Osttangente" on the northern bank of the Donau with the B 16 near Wenzenbach. It creates a new eastern bypass for Regensburg.

cinxxx liked this post
Old December 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #5936
Agnette

Likes (Received): 29

Emstunnel in my carvideo (@2:35)

Old December 10th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5937
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Obviously the best and easiest thing to do as the tunnel is already wet
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #5938
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

How is the status of the final short gap on A66 near Neuhöf (south of Fulda)?
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #5939
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

It is delayed to September 2014.

I remember the first trip I took with my current car in August 2008, I drove all of A45 & A66. It was already under construction then (evidently it's been under construction since October 2005).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #5940
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel owl View Post
Obviously the best and easiest thing to do as the tunnel is already wet
But we don't have any beach towels to use... Nor do we have any cute girls for a wet T-shirt contest either...

Come to think of it, we didn't even get a funny reply from Chris, either.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau