daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #5941
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

A5 Baden-Baden - Offenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The sections 5, 6 and 7 will be opened 2x3 next week. Section 1-4 will be opened 2x3 until early 2014. A short part of section 8 will be relocated on both carriagesway (2x2) in mid November 2013.
Section 5-7 are in service since 27th November 2013. Section 1-4 are 2x3 since 10th December 2013. Section 9 is already 3-laned towards Freiburg (but not towards Baden-Baden).

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #5942
MichiH

A14 Schwerin - Grabow

Quote:
New pics taken last summer are red marked on the map.
New pics (taken b/n 16th and 23rd November 2013) are red marked: http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/B...lustNeubau.htm.

AK Schwerin:
© Patrick Scholl

Bridge K 38 Weselsdorf - Groß Laasch:
© Patrick Scholl

Bridge for railway crossing:
© Patrick Scholl
Old December 12th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #5943
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

New viaducts on A13.

Ecoduct on A11:

loloo, geometarkv liked this post
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #5944
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

German A8 before the Inntal Dreieck, warning drivers that vignette is now obligatory on the Austrian A12 immediately after Kiefersfelden border. I took this photo yesterday.

Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #5945
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
German A8 before the Inntal Dreieck, warning drivers that vignette is now obligatory on the Austrian A12 immediately after Kiefersfelden border. I took this photo yesterday.
I'm still amused about the fact that the very same skiing tourists who pay 6 - 8 EUR for a small glass of Jagertee without blinking whine so much about the vignette...
Old December 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #5946
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
I'm still amused about the fact that the very same skiing tourists who pay 6 - 8 EUR for a small glass of Jagertee without blinking whine so much about the vignette...
Touché!
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #5947
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

What bothers me most about all these vignettes and electronic tolls (like Portugal) is not much paying for them, but having to lose time to procure these items, and them have the vignettes stuck on you windshield and having to take them down later.

I'd like EU to have a common electronic toll protocol that allowed one single device to communciate with all sorts of systems (from Area C in Milano to Portuguese and Norwegian tolls to vignettes in Austria and Switzerland to Unmwelt zones in Germany). A small chip/device that has all information on the car (registration, Euro-classification, pollution etc) and that can be read without slowing down so that it just deals with all sorts of payment.

The Unmweltplakket is quite a hassle for non-German speaking drivers, if it is your first time: not many fuel stations have them, and locations that do have them are often located on car shops where people have a hard time reading foreign registration documents to give you the proper green sticker. Once it took me more than one hour to sort it out on the periphery of Berlin. I didn't mind the € 7 they charged me as much as finding the place, communicating with great difficult while they were trying to understand Dutch registration plates etc.

Wolfgang16, MichiH liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #5948
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2087

I had no problem with my Italian car at TÜV in Munich. The lady didn't speak english but in 5 minutes all was done.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #5949
MichiH

I guess you are speaking German
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #5950
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
What bothers me most about all these vignettes and electronic tolls (like Portugal) is not much paying for them, but having to lose time to procure these items, and them have the vignettes stuck on you windshield and having to take them down later.

I'd like EU to have a common electronic toll protocol that allowed one single device to communciate with all sorts of systems (from Area C in Milano to Portuguese and Norwegian tolls to vignettes in Austria and Switzerland to Unmwelt zones in Germany). A small chip/device that has all information on the car (registration, Euro-classification, pollution etc) and that can be read without slowing down so that it just deals with all sorts of payment.

The Unmweltplakket is quite a hassle for non-German speaking drivers, if it is your first time: not many fuel stations have them, and locations that do have them are often located on car shops where people have a hard time reading foreign registration documents to give you the proper green sticker. Once it took me more than one hour to sort it out on the periphery of Berlin. I didn't mind the € 7 they charged me as much as finding the place, communicating with great difficult while they were trying to understand Dutch registration plates etc.
Germans would fear surveillance by authorities. The on-board-unit would register each and every movement of your vehicle and transmit it to a central office. The state would have access to your movement profile and that is conradictive to the German citizens' view of living in a free country.
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #5951
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heico-M View Post
Germans would fear surveillance by authorities. The on-board-unit would register each and every movement of your vehicle and transmit it to a central office. The state would have access to your movement profile and that is conradictive to the German citizens' view of living in a free country.
Bogus concerns. You could have fixed reading points. You could have an open-source standard that many vendors can develop infochips from.

Finally, and most importantly, virtually every new car post-2005 likely already has that information stored on a much more insecure form, especially if your car has some embedded navigational system. If you have a cell phone turned on while driving (even not using it at all), you can be tracked much easier than some infochip system could. There are also cameras everywhere, and OCR capabilities are large these days.

I'm not dismissing privacy concerns, just staying paranoia about infochips on cars is a misguided reaction because there are much more ample data-collection channels already in place.

idnaidna liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #5952
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

It looks like Germany can form a stable coalition of CDU + SPD. I hope we'll see some more funding towards roads, the Koalitionsvertrag was not very specific about that, apart from expanding the truck tolls and channeling all funding towards "traffic" (which likely also includes rail and water projects).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #5953
MichiH

A100 Berlin inner ring road

Quote:
The 16th section from AS Grenzallee to AS Am Treptower Park has urgent demand. It is 3.2km long and the calculated costs account about 477 million € (federal due).
The 3.1km long 17th section from AS Am Treptower Park to AS Frankfurter Allee (B1/B5) has further demand with planning rights. Preliminary works are already u/c in context with the construction of railstation Ostkreuz (east junction). OSM.
The costs for the 17th section were estimated with 286.3 million € in 1999. The calculation was recently updated. The estimated costs are 531.2 million €.

Old December 14th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #5954
MichiH

Happened openings

Quote:
- 13th December: B51 Besseringen bypass (3.6km; plan approval order: August 2009; groundbreaking June 2011; 27 million €; OSM)
The B51 Besseringen bypass was opened. The costs are 27.2 million €, see press release. The road contains a 200m and a 300m long viaduct.

Quote:
- 13th December: B486 Offenthal bypass (3.4km; plan approval order: May 2009; groundbreaking December 2009; 12 million €; OSM). The predicted AADT on the through road is under 10,000 vehicles per day (more than 20,000 less than today).
The B486 Offenthal bypass was opened, see press release (2).

Quote:
- 13th December: B101 Luckenwalde bypass

Quote:
The last section of the B101 Luckenwalde bypass will be opened on 13th December 2013 (circa 5.5km; OSM). Another part of the southern bypass was already opened in August 2012 (3.3km; OSM). The total costs for both southern sections are 20 million €. The plan approval order was passed in July 2009. The construction was started in September 2010. The B101 features 1x2 lanes with a partial third lane.
The southern section of the B101 Luckenwalde bypass is also in service now. The costs are 22 million €, see press release. The entire 17km long bypass costed 53 million €, see another press release. The additionalplan approval order for the last missing B101 section (Thyrow bypass; 5km; 2+2 with hard shoulders; first plan approval order was passed in June 2011 and is currently be updated due to a compromise with a complainer; OSM) is announced for 2014.

Quote:
The B32 Bad Saulgau bypass (3rd stage; OSM) is also announced to be opened in December 2013.
The B32 Bad Saulgau bypass was opened on 13th December 2013, see press release.

Last edited by MichiH; December 14th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #5955
MichiH

Upcoming openings

Quote:
- 16th December: B96 Bautzen bypass (2nd stage; 4.4km; groundbreaking: May 2010; 32 million € (stage 1+2); project page; OSM)

- 20th December: B178 AS Obercunnersdorf to AS Niederoderwitz

Quote:
The construction of section 3.2 started directly subsequent to section 3.1 completion (OSM). It is announced to be finished in late 2013, probably in October 2013. This 3-laned section has a length of 10.2km and ends at AS Niederoderwitz (S128).
- 20th December: B70 Wettringen bypass (6.8km; plan approval order: February 2010; groundbreaking: September 2010; 20 million €; OSM). Predicted AADT on bypass: 10,000 vehicles/day.
- 20th December: B68 Badbergen bypass (3.2km; plan approval order: September 2009; complain was rejected; groundbreaking: August 2012; OSM; project page)

Quote:
The B58 Büderich bypass (OSM) and the B57 Baesweiler bypass (2nd stage; OSM) are also announced to be opened in December 2013. In addition some projects were announced to be completed in late 2013 but they are probably postponed.
The B58 Büderich bypass was announced to be opened on 15th December but it is postponed due to guardrails and signposts are not available at present. The bypass will be opened in early 2014.

The B57 Baesweiler bypass should be opened until late January 2014 (according to the contract).

Last edited by MichiH; December 14th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #5956
MichiH

B56 Düren bypass

Quote:
The groundbreaking ceremony for the B56 eastern Düren bypass will be on 10th December 2013. The part north of the B264 features 2x2 lanes (OSM), the southern part features 1x2 lanes (OSM). The total length is 6.6km.
The plan approval order was passed in September 2010 but challenged. The complaint was withdrawn on 6th November 2013. Predicted 2020 AADT: 25,000 vehicles per day. Construction costs: 23 million € (2009); 30 million € (2012). 3 million € are funded through the infrastructure speedup program II of the Federal Government.
The B56 Düren bypass is u/c now, see press release. It will be completed in 2017. Cost calculation 2013: 33.4 million €.

Old December 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #5957
MichiH

The A45 Lützelbach viaduct (opened in 1967; OSM; length: 270m; height: 48m) will be replaced until early 2017. The groundbreaking ceremony happened on 13th December 2013. Costs: 39.5 million €. AADT: 50,000 vehicles per day (22% trucks). Predicted AADT 2025: 70,000. The new viaduct will feature 2x3 lanes plus hard shoulders. See press release (2).

Old December 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #5958
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

They are quite busy with bypasses

Is the Büderich bypass a 4-lane bypass? Google Earth shows some bridges that appear to be over 20 meters wide.

Let's hope they build the Wesel bypass as well, they've built a nice new cable-stayed bridge across the river, but all traffic still has to go through the city.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #5959
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Is the Büderich bypass a 4-lane bypass? Google Earth shows some bridges that appear to be over 20 meters wide.
I am not sure but I think at least the eastern part up to the L460 is 4-laned (I've unfortunately not found any information since 2009).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Let's hope they build the Wesel bypass as well, they've built a nice new cable-stayed bridge across the river, but all traffic still has to go through the city.
The plan approval procedure for the section b/n Rhine bridge and B70 (3.7km; 2x2; OSM) was started in fall 2011. The order was announced for 2013 but the hearing was as recently as in October 2013.

The existing B58 is planned to be upgraded b/n B70 and A3 (5.4km; 2x2; OSM) but it has only further demand within the BVWP 2003.

Old December 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #5960
Suburbanist
on the road

Any recent updates on the final A71 gap between ERfurt and Sangerhausen?

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau