daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:30 PM   #6101
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Upcoming openings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The B58 Büderich bypass was announced to be opened on 15th December but it is postponed due to guardrails and signposts are not available at present. The bypass will be opened in early 2014.
The opening ceremony of the B58 Büderich bypass is on 6th March 2014 (OSM).

Quote:
The B57 Baesweiler bypass should be opened until late January 2014 (according to the contract).
The opening ceremony of the B57 Baesweiler bypass is on 25th February 2014 (OSM).

Last edited by MichiH; February 22nd, 2014 at 08:55 PM.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:36 PM   #6102
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Hmm, Strassen.NRW says 25/2/14 for the Baesweiler bypass and 6/3/14 for the Büderich bypass. I think you accidentally mixed those up.

http://www.strassen.nrw.de/unternehm...ine/index.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #6103
spy_flo

Likes (Received): 117

Hi folks!do you have any informations about construction the missing sections of A 94 München-austrian border?eventually an accord with Austria for construction on their side the link of future A 94 and austrian A 8.
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #6104
MichiH

The A94 will never been extended to Austria! The Austrian have refused any plans.

The 32km gap b/n Pastetten and Heldenstein is partly u/c and planned to be completed until 2018/19. The funding is still not agreed. The government favors PPP. My personal opinion is that the section will not be completed until 2020, maybe even 2022 or later.

The A94 will be connected to the A3 near Pocking (south of Passau). The plan approval procedures for 3 further section b/n Malching and Pocking are ongoing (24.5km). In addition there is another 30km gap (there is already existing a first carriageway on a 15km section) thus I think the A94 will not be completed until 2040.

More information: http://www.abdsb.bayern.de/projekte (e.g. http://www.abdsb.bayern.de/imperia/m...ichtskarte.pdf)
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #6105
spy_flo

Danke!
I didn't expect these answers honestly but now I satisfied my curiosity.thanks again.

Cheers!
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #6106
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy_flo View Post
I didn't expect these answers honestly but now I satisfied my curiosity.
Why not? It was just a quick answer w/o details... No problem at all... I could give you information like that about almost all German Autobahn projects...
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #6107
spy_flo

Quote:

Why not? It was just a quick answer w/o details... No problem at all... I could give you information like that about almost all German Autobahn projects...
Actually not your answer itself or the way you answered was my unespectation.

I didn't expect of A94 to continue to Pocking instead austrian border. That's all.

You gave me useful information and in the future I'll ask you about the rest of German infrastructure. Thanks again.
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #6108
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

The A94 is a pretty good alternative for me towards Vienna, I took the E552 route once coming from there to Germany. It was raining hard, so the Landstrasse parts were really a blessing, I could even drive faster then on the motorway, because the rain was lighter.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #6109
MichiH

A8 Stuttgart - Ulm

Quote:
The section b/n Temmenhausen and AS Ulm-West will be opened in late 2014 (7.8km; OSM). The section b/n Nellingen and Temmenhausen (6.8km; OSM) will be started in January 2014 and completed until late 2016. See press release (published on 13th December). The westernmost (6.4km; OSM) and the easternmost (1.9km; OSM) sections will probably be completed until late 2018. Project page: > click <.
The contract (64.5 million €) for building the section b/n Nellingen and Temmenhausen (6.75km) was signed in January. The works for the upgrade from 2x2 lanes w/o hard shoulders to 2x3 lanes with hard shoulders are going to begin in the coming weeks. The northern carriageway towards Stuttgart will be temporary widened in 2014. The southern carriageway will be built in 2015 and finally the new northern carriageway will be built in 2016. The section contains seven bridges, one ecoduct and also one underpass and one overpass for bats. See press release.

The entire 22.8km stretch (202.8 million €) is planned to be completed until late 2019.
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #6110
MichiH

B57 Baesweiler

The B57 Baesweiler bypass was opened today (7.2km; 17 million €). The first section (4.2km; OSM) was built b/n August 2008 and October 2011. The 2nd section (3.0km; OSM) was built b/n October 2011 and February 2014, see press release (2).

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #6111
MichiH

A59 Duisburg

Quote:
Some A59 pics (19th September 2013): > click <. The construction of the 2x3 widening was started in 2008. Estimated completion: late 2013.
The A59 widening in Duisburg will be officially inaugurated on 15th April 2014 (source). The stretch is already 2x3 in service but there are still 100..200 meter sections 2-laned at the begin and the end of the stretch in both directions (as at 16th February).
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #6112
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Thanks, I was recently wondering about the A59 in Duisburg. I've driven there a few times and it was a complex project to widen near the railway station and city center. But when this is completed, they will renovate the bridge north of there, so it'll take a while before traffic can flow nicely.

How far along is construction of Kreuz Duisburg-Süd? I believe it was also planned to open in early 2014.
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #6113
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
How far along is construction of Kreuz Duisburg-Süd? I believe it was also planned to open in early 2014.
That's my "favorite" project at all....... I have no frigging idea.

The latest info (4th December 2013) was that the entire interchange Duisburg-South should be completed until May 2014. But I have no info about the status of the 2nd carriageway.
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #6114
MichiH

A98 Hochrheinautobahn

Quote:
The 2.5km long section from the AD Hochrhein (A98/A861) to AS Rheinfelden-Karsau is u/c (OSM). Completion: 2017.
Well, the completion of this A98 section (including the 486m long Herrschaftstunnel) is a little bit postponed. New completion date: 2020 (source). The groundbreaking ceremony was in March 2009.

The planning authority (Regierungspräsidium / regional board) has too less manpower for the detailed design planning. The 2014 budget is 7 million €. The annual budget for 2015 to 2020 should be 15..20 million €. The tendering for the main parts should be started in late 2015.

Lack of employees is a general problem of the planning authorities especially in Baden-Württemberg, see here. Baden-Württemberg declined about 100 million € in 2013 b/c tenders could not been started due to incomplete documents.
Old February 28th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #6115
MichiH

B85 upgrade in Bavaria

There are plans to upgrade the B85 b/n A6 interchange Amberg-East and A93 interchange Schwandorf-North (A93) (~15km; OSM) as well as b/n A93 interchange Schwandorf-Center and interchange Cham-East (B22) (~40km; OSM) by adding a 2nd carriageway (w/o hard shoulders). It is part of the current BVWP 2003 and part of the state's proposal for the new BVWP 2015.

The two westernmost parts (~32km) - west of the B16 - have further demand only but the Neubäu bypass would be the first carriageway (urgent demand).

Quote:
- Two complaints against the plan approval order for the B85 Neubäu bypass were submitted (4.0km; 16-17 million €; 2+1; OSM; project page) .
There is also a 2nd through-road in Altenkreith (5.5km; urgent demand; OSM) which is planned to be replaced by a 4-laned bypass.
The next section is adding a 2nd carriageway b/n Altenkreith and Pliending (3.4km; OSM). The plan approval procedure was announced to be started in late 2013 (but not yet started).
The preliminary works on the 3.2km section b/n Pliending and Untertraubenbach have been started in August 2012 (OSM). An auxiliary road was built meantime. The works for a 430m tunnel will be started in March 2014 (source; webcam; project page; 42 million €). This section is planned to be completed until late 2017. It will become an expressway. This should be the "real" beginning of the construction. The subsequent 8km section is already 4-laned. The last 2km section b/n Cham-South and Cham-East is also urgent demand (OSM).
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:55 PM   #6116
MichiH

A143 Halle bypass

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Meanwhile, what is happening with the A143 extension near Halle? I haven't read much about that in recent years.
I read in August 2012, that the plan approval order will be delayed, thus the order will not be passed in late 2012, but in early 2013.

Now latest news: > click < (15th of January 2013).
The debat within the plan approval procedure was already done.

Quote:
Auf einen Zeitrahmen will sich das Amt aber nicht festlegen.
"Das Verfahren ist kompliziert. Daher halten wir uns mit Prognosen zum Ausgang zurück".
The department didn't scheduled any time period for completion of the procedure. "The procedure is complicated. Therefore, we discreet about predicting the result".
A nice summary about the A143 story (OSM): > click < (2/3).

The plan approval order was passed in May 2006 but the Naturbund Deutschland (Nabu) challenged it. The Federal Administrative Court of Germany agreed their complaints in 2007 b/c there is no proof that the Anacamptis morio (growing on steepe grassland) is protected well enough. The builder must prove its protection according to EU law b/c the A143 would cross FFH areas.

Another highlight:

Quote:
So gingen die Richter ernsthaft der Frage der Naturschützer nach, ob die Wärme der Fahrbahn nicht Kleinstlebewesen wie Käfer und andere Krabbeltiere anzöge, die dann unweigerlich nach einer Kollision mit den Autos zu Tode kämen
Quote:
The judge seriously discussed the argument if the heat of the road surface could attract micro-organisms such as beetles and other creepy crawlies which would inevitably die after a collision with the cars.
The planner tried to find a different route but the current A143 route is already very expensive (about 20 million € per kilometer). It would be too expensive to tunnel under the FFH areas. They've optimized the planning and the plans were layed out in 2011 and 2012. The plans were also proved by the European Commission which produced a list of desired improvements in late 2012:

1. Examine alternative routes again (the alternative around the FFH areas has a length of 20km; length and costs are twice then the current route)
2. Examine the zero variant ("is the Autobahn really necessary?"; The Greens said that the A143 would have an AADT of 10,000 vehicles per day, but the planner assume 43,500 vehicles per day; the Nabu does still not trust the method of the planner)
3. More efficient protection measures (Anacamptis morio and steepe grassland shall be replant; sheeps shall reduce nitrogen pollution and keep away other plants; veterinary fences shall keep away bettles who will get an ecoduct to cross the A143; the bats will also get an ecoduct; no building during the breeding season; no building near bats at night)

The results should be approved by the European Commission in 2014. It is planned to pass the plan approval order in 2015. Afterwards complaints would be possible again. In best case the construction could been started in 2017 and completed in 2020.
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:59 PM   #6117
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That makes one wonder if it isn't a better idea to shelve A143 for the time being and extend A71 from Sangerhausen to A14 near Plötzkau.
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM   #6118
MichiH

The A143 is also a western bypass of Halle to avoid passing through the city. The A71 could not achieve that function.

The A71 would lead northwards to Magdeburg which is no alternative for the traffic from the A38 to the east b/c the A14 leads southeast from the A71 interchange near Plötzkau. You could also take the B6n but you have to drive 8km northwards and the B6n leads southeast again....

But the A143 is also a detour b/c there is no sufficient connection to the A9 (you have to take the B100 which is planned to be upgraded 2x2 btw).
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:28 PM   #6119
MichiH

A30 Bad Oeynhausen

Quote:
No. The first 1.6km section b/n i/c Bad Oeynhausen-North and i/c Dehme should be opened 2x1 in spring 2014. The other 5.3km and 1.9km sections both will probably be opened in 2016.
To be opened in March 2014. Maximum speed: 50 kph. Source.
Old March 1st, 2014, 09:32 PM   #6120
MichiH

A44 Kassel - Eisenach

Quote:
There are no delays according to the A44 project page. But they have changed the completion date for the section AS Hessisch Lichtenau-West to AS Hessisch Lichtenau-Center from fall 2013 to spring 2014 within the last few days.
According to a newspaper article the delay is caused by problems with the technical equipment of the tunnel.
The project page says that the opening of the 2.2km long A44 section near Hessich Lichtenau is planned to be in mid 2014.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau