daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 2nd, 2014, 02:33 PM   #6121
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Hesse:
A3 border Rhineland-Palatinate - border Bavaria (VB/new)
A5 AK Gambach (A45) - AS Friedberg (WB)
A5 (2x5) AS Friedberg - AK Darmstadt (A67) (VB / new)
A6 AK Viernheim (A659) - AD Viernheim (A67) (new)
A7 border Lower Saxony - AS Kassel-Ost (future A44) (new)
A7 (2x5) AS Kassel-Ost (future A44) - AD Kassel-Süd (A44) (new; planned or almost u/c to be upraded to 2x4)
A7 AD Kirchheim (A4) - AD Hattenbach (A5) (new)
A66 AK Wiesbaden (A3) - Nordwestkreuz Frankfurt (A5) (new)

As far as I understood the long distance sections of A3 and A7 are only proposed to add an additional lane at inclinations. The A3 sections b/n Wiesbaden and Hanau are proposed for a regular 2x4 upgrade (already VB in the BVWP 2003).
You forgot A3 Frankfurter Kreuz - Offenbacher Kreuz upgrading to 10 lanes.

MichiH liked this post
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM   #6122
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17033

Visit the New Jersey Section

Luki_SL, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #6123
hjf

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
The A143 is also a western bypass of Halle to avoid passing through the city. The A71 could not achieve that function.

The A71 would lead northwards to Magdeburg which is no alternative for the traffic from the A38 to the east b/c the A14 leads southeast from the A71 interchange near Plötzkau. You could also take the B6n but you have to drive 8km northwards and the B6n leads southeast again....

But the A143 is also a detour b/c there is no sufficient connection to the A9 (you have to take the B100 which is planned to be upgraded 2x2 btw).
Quote:
The A143 is also a western bypass of Halle to avoid passing through the city. The A71 could not achieve that function.
To be honest, I am not so sure if the A143 will attract a lot of traffic that today passes through Halle from west to east (or vice versa). The ODO through the city is ~ 18 km (starting at HAL-Neustadt/A143 and ending at HAL-Peissen/A14). You are using mostly roads that are limited to 80 or even 100km/h. Inner city roads are 60 km/h to a good portion. There are 7 traffic lights going west-east; 9 of them east-west. At the best of times it takes me some 15 minutes either way--> avg speed ~ 72 km/h.

The A143 bypass will be roughly 32 km long. If you want to match the traveling times between said jcts, you will need to drive an avg speed of > 120 km/h. Pretty unlikely considering there will overhead covers (usually limited to 80 km/h) and you have to change at two jcts. So, I and many other commuters will likely not use A143 as a bypass. Same goes of course for lorries.

North/southbound traffic already has alternatives (A9/A14), plus an eastern bypass to the city center is u/c. Other alternatives going north/south have been discussed in this thread.

Moreover, local traffic in that area is light to say the least: to cross the river Saale there are three local ferries within 5 km or so. None of them is near or beyond capacity (myself being a regular on one of them)

So, in all fairness, there is considerable doubt that traffic volumes will exceed 10 - 15 000 AADT.

To conclude: Environmental aspects? Well, this is not the prime reason this road will be a waste of money.
hjf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #6124
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjf View Post
To be honest, I am not so sure if the A143 will attract a lot of traffic that today passes through Halle from west to east (or vice versa). The ODO through the city is ~ 18 km (starting at HAL-Neustadt/A143 and ending at HAL-Peissen/A14). You are using mostly roads that are limited to 80 or even 100km/h. Inner city roads are 60 km/h to a good portion. There are 7 traffic lights going west-east; 9 of them east-west. At the best of times it takes me some 15 minutes either way--> avg speed ~ 72 km/h.
This passage through the city might be rather quick now. However, once the elevated section of the B 80 is brought down and the road down-graded to a surface street it will slow down traffic through Halle tremendously. By then you will want the A 143 to be completed.
Old March 8th, 2014, 11:01 AM   #6125
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

I agree, flierfy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjf View Post
So, in all fairness, there is considerable doubt that traffic volumes will exceed 10 - 15 000 AADT.
To conclude: Environmental aspects? Well, this is not the prime reason this road will be a waste of money.
According to this argument most of the east European motorways / expressways would be waste of money (Okay, road safety is also an important reason to build these roads there).

I also don't believe that the predicted AADT will ever be reached but I am not an expert. On the other hand, predicted AADTs were usually exceeded in the past. The German problem with the today's bad state of viaducts and bridges is one of the effects. Such a high (truck) AADT was not predicted! In addition I don't like arterial roads through towns. I prefer bypasses to improve life situation of (human) residents.

I've no idea if the completion of the A143 is important or not but I don't like incompleted roads b/c they are really waste of money! I don't need the A143 myself but I like to monitor the ongoing discussions and I like to share the latest information here - w/o evaluation .
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #6126
MichiH

B58 Büderich

Quote:
The opening ceremony of the B58 Büderich bypass is on 6th March 2014 (OSM).
The Büderich bypass was opened. The 4.3km bypass costed 22 million €, see press release (2). Preworks were started in 2009, the construction of the first bridge began in September 2010.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #6127
MichiH

A30 Bad Oeynhausen

Quote:
The first 1.6km section b/n i/c Bad Oeynhausen-North and i/c Dehme should be opened 2x1 in spring 2014. The other 5.3km and 1.9km sections both will probably be opened in 2016.
To be opened on Wednesday, 12th March (source).

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #6128
MichiH

The following list shows the 2012 road fund shifting b/n the states according to an inofficial (internal) list of the Fedeal Ministry of Transport (source):

Bavaria + 140 million €
Lower Saxony + 80 million €
Hesse + 47 million €
Rhineland-Palatinate + 40 million €
Saxony + 38 million €
Baden-Württemberg - 6 million €
Bremen - 7 million €
Saarland - 8 million €
North Rhine-Westphalia - 40 million €
Berlin - 50 million €

The states with a negative amount had not enough prepared projects to invest the money.

The total investment for reconstruction, maintenance and construction for federal roads was 6.45 billion € in 2012. Assignment:

Bavaria 1240 million €
North Rhine-Westphalia 884 million €
Baden-Württemberg 807 million €

Hesse 717 million €
Lower Saxony 705 million €

Bremen 30 million €
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #6129
MichiH

A3 Main-Donau-Kanalbrücke

Quote:
A minor section (1km; 25 million €) west of Erlangen will be upgraded from spring 2014 (reconstruction of Main-Donau-Kanal-Brücke).
The reconstruction has been started last week, see press release. The 53 years old bridge is in a bad condition. Completion: until late 2015. It is planned to reach building legislation for the last 4 sections b/n Würzburg and Fürth/Erlangen until 2015 (but 3 plan approval procedures have not yet been started).
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #6130
MichiH

A7 Fulda - Würzburg

Some more A7 viaducts b/n Fulda and Würzburg are in bad condition and are planned to be reconstructed.

Two plan approval procedures have recently been started:
- Talbrücke Klöffelsberg (press release, document, map); 22.5 million €; 350m; b/n i/c Hammelburg and i/c Wasserlosen; OSM
- Talbrücke Schraudenbach (press release, document, map); b/n i/c Schweinfurt/Werneck (A70) and i/c Gramschatzer Wald; OSM; to be completed until late 2017; space reservation for 2x3
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #6131
Pepov

Likes (Received): 9

This might be a little s/f question, but are there any plans to bulid a 6x6 section of autobahn somewhere in Germany?
Pepov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #6132
MichiH

36 lanes are quite a lot . But there are also no plans for 2x6 lanes.
The A5 west of Frankfurt is planned to be upgraded to 2x5 but on 4 carriageways (2+3+3+2 lanes) to split long-distance and local traffic (~10km b/n A66 and A3).
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #6133
piotr71

A4, Aachen - Köln

There are some works carried out on A4 between Aachen and Köln (Cologne):

Old March 9th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #6134
MichiH

Project page of the A4 realignment/upgrade (> click <) and another video of the u/c AK Aachen (A4/A44/A544; project page):

Old March 9th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #6135
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

MichH, do you make road videos as well?
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #6136
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Motorway network in North-Rhine-Westfalia has some weird parts. E.g. A59 has three sections that are not connected to each other (Bonn-Cologne, Leverkusen-Düsseldorf, citiy-through-pass Duisburg). A44, alongside the long Dortmund-Kassel motorway has 4 separated sections.
My favorite is that: A1 Dortmund -> Eskirchen is a TOTSO at Kreuz Bliesheim (A61×A535×A1). On the other side, A61 Koblenz -> Venlo is a TOTSO at Dreieck Erftal (A61×A1). So actually A1-A61 Koblenz <-> Dortmund is a straight motorway :-)

Lots of fragments were built in this very densely populated region. Some of them will probably never be built together (I don't expect a new North-South motorway East of Cologne for binding two parts of A59, and I don't expect that a new Rhine bridge will be built for A44). I don't know whether it would be better to use separated numbering. There are many free numbers in A5xx group :-)

Last edited by Attus; March 10th, 2014 at 02:27 AM.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:48 AM   #6137
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

What are chances of a new Rheinbrück between Koblenz and Bingen-Am-Rhein?
Old March 12th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #6138
MichiH

Zero, see wikipedia. I don't make videos or pics.
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #6139
MichiH

A30 Bad Oeynhausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
12 March 2014

A 1.6 km stretch of A30 opened to provisional traffic today. It's a short stretch north of Bad Oeynhausen that runs from L772 to K29 (new B61?) There's one lane each way for the time being. It doesn't connect to other parts of A30 yet, so through traffic still has to go through the city of Bad Oeynhausen for the time being.

And I drove it today!
Yes, opened this morning. Some pics: > click < (but no yellow license plate ).
Bad news: The completion of the A30 bypass is postponed. Straßen.NRW hopes to open it in early 2017.
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #6140
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

A30 Bad Oeynhausen

I made a little video today Both directions.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau