daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #6241
ChasingCars

Likes (Received): 167

Road tolls on German Autobahns from 2016

According to Dutch news site NOS, Germany will introduce Autobahn tolls for cars by 2016. German road traffic minister Dobrindt has said this in an interview with the Frankfurter Allgemeize Zeitung newspaper. Here's a link to the news article (only in Dutch): http://nos.nl/artikel/634202-tolvign...anaf-2016.html
ChasingCars no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2014, 08:16 PM   #6242
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

B464

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The B464 section b/n south of Renningen and AS Magstadt will be opened in spring 2014 (instead of July 2013; 2x1; 1.2km; 14.7 million €; OSM; plan approval order: 1999/May 2011; u/c since early 2012). Delay reason: ???.
The 3rd B464 section was opened today, see press release. The official opening ceremony will be on 29th April 2014.

The 1.5km section 1 was built b/n July 2005 and July 2010.
The 4.4km section 2 was built b/n 2010 and December 2011.
The 1.2km section 3 was built b/n July 2012 and April 2014.
The plan approval order for all 3 sections was already passed in 1999. The additional plan approval order for section 3 was passed in May 2011. All sections are 2-laned. The expected AADT is > 20,000 vehicles/day.

It was planned to complete the construction of the three sections until the 2006 FIFA World Cup...

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #6243
MichiH

Comparision of federal infrastructure invests 2013 / 2003 (source = Federal Government; Details 2000-2013):

5.45 billion € / 4.69 billion € for federal roads (Autobahns and B roads) - see details page 4
6.89 billion € / 5.83 billion € in federal roads in total (including labor costs) - see details page 5
1.83 billion € / 1.50 billion € for waterways - see details page 6
89 million € / 30 million € for air transport - see details page 8
72 million € / 95 million € for cyclist traffic - see details page 10

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old April 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #6244
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21244

How are works progressing on the Hochmoselbrücke project?
Old April 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #6245
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Still the same status like in November :

Quote:
Hochmoselbrücke . No news b/c it is a common German construction. The viaduct will be u/c until 2016 (or even later).
There is a construction report on the homepage of the project: http://www.hochmoseluebergang.rlp.de/index.php?id=78 (it is a google earth B50 plug-in but I've never used it ).

There were only some discussions (newspaper articles) about the 2-laned gap b/n Longkamp and Hahn airport meanwhile.
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #6246
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingCars View Post
According to Dutch news site NOS, Germany will introduce Autobahn tolls for cars by 2016. German road traffic minister Dobrindt has said this in an interview with the Frankfurter Allgemeize Zeitung newspaper. Here's a link to the news article (only in Dutch): http://nos.nl/artikel/634202-tolvign...anaf-2016.html
It's pity to introduce such tolls...84 years after the first "always free" Autobahn was opened . It makes no sense since the Autobahn network is already nearly completion. I believe some "nationalistic" Bavarian thought are now predominant and, furthermore, are to blame, especially when it comes to tax foreigners only. I'm quite curious what will EU say to this...
On the other hand, I couldn't imagine if Swiss were to introduce a special higher tax for Germans only, for they use massively our motorways network when it comes to go on holiday or business.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:58 AM   #6247
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

Quote:
The western part of the A94 is absolutely necessary. Austria refused an Autobahn on their territory thus Germany had to find a compromise.
There is a similar problem with the A98 and the Schaffhausen "corridor" in Switzerland...also, one must not forget that historically for Germany, extraterritorial Autobahn corridors were one of the main pretexts to invade Poland and, as a result, start WWII; while the last had disagreed for the highway.
Maybe a second "Anschluss", or an "Austrian Campaign" is the only solution to built this motorway .
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #6248
bavarian urbanist
Verdens Beste

Likes (Received): 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
It's pity to introduce such tolls...84 years after the first "always free" Autobahn was opened . It makes no sense since the Autobahn network is already nearly completion. I believe some "nationalistic" Bavarian thought are now predominant and, furthermore, are to blame, especially when it comes to tax foreigners only. I'm quite curious what will EU say to this...
On the other hand, I couldn't imagine if Swiss were to introduce a special higher tax for Germans only, for they use massively our motorways network when it comes to go on holiday or business.
Taxing foreigners only is bullshit and only lunatics will believe in that. In the end, everybody will have to pay for using the autobahn and I can't say that I were against it. The GOP(CSU)* is trying to get the votes from far-righters by calling it a toll for foreigners when they really just want all drivers to pay.
A vignette would propably be a great idea, the austrians have one and don't complain about it either(a common european system would be to prefer anyroad)
*I always vote green or red, but the CSU has some good ideas, too, sometimes.
Old April 14th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #6249
Suburbanist
on the road

Is there any chance of a massive program of construction of toll plazas in Germany?
Old April 14th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #6250
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Toll plazas? What for?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #6251
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Toll plazas? What for?
If tolls-for-everybody are implemented in Germany, maybe there would be a backlash against plate-recognition tolls, therefore requiring traditional toll plazas.
Old April 14th, 2014, 07:02 PM   #6252
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The idea is to introduce vignettes, likely e-vignettes. There are no plans for physical toll plazas like in France. The concept of large toll plazas is highly outdated and they ought to be phased out as soon as possible in favor of transponder / license plate tolls, like they have in the U.S. and Canada for 2 decades now.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

devo, earthJoker liked this post
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #6253
earthJoker
Ölm

Likes (Received): 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
There is a similar problem with the A98 and the Schaffhausen "corridor" in Switzerland....
That's not the same situation. A conection of the A94 to the Innkreisautobahn would be an improvement for the Austrans as well, while Switzerland has absolutely no interest in a Schaffhausen corridor of the A98.

See you in the Swiss Forum on skyscrapercity.com
earthJoker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #6254
MichiH

A59 Duisburg

Quote:
The A59 widening in Duisburg will be officially inaugurated on 15th April 2014 (source). The stretch is already 2x3 in service but there are still 100..200 meter sections 2-laned at the begin and the end of the stretch in both directions (as at 16th February).
The official ceremony happened on schedule. The 2.3km long section b/n Duisburg-Hochfeld and Duisburg-Duissern includes a new 300m tunnel (OSM). Total costs: 98 million €. Construction time: 6 years. (source; source).

The A59 will be partly closed b/n A42 and A40 to renovate the "Berlin Bridge" (OSM) for the next months (May to October 2014), see project pages: 1, 2. It is also planned to upgrade the A59 to 2x3 lanes in the future.
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM   #6255
MichiH

B50 Hochmoselbrücke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Some pics of the u/c Hochmoselbrücke from September 2013 (> click <) and March 2014 (> click <). The latter shows two pics of the B50 near Altrich, which is east of the AK Wittlich (A60/A1). This section (west of the Hochmoselbrücke viaduct) is announced to be opened in summer 2014.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 06:56 PM   #6256
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Those Germans are weird, they think that it's still a taboo to talk about the nazi past, still consider the reading of Maine Kampf a criminal offence and forbid you to have HH or NS on your car plate because it may reminds something. Every pair of letter has hundreds of possible meanings, hasn't it?
Not sure if I have already posted it: Unethical license plates (published by the German Bundestag on 10th March 2014).

Quote:
Company shortcut HH is forbidden... Recommended to refuse: KZ, NS, SA, SS, HJ, AH, HH, N-PD, N-S, N-SU, IZ-AN, HEI-L, 18, 88, 14, 28,... The recommendation are state-dependent...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

HH and 88 means the same .
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:04 PM   #6257
ChrisZwolle
Road user

HH = Hansestadt Hamburg. That's not considered a problem?
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:11 PM   #6258
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

I'm pretty sure HH is a legal plate, or most of Hamburg would be in a lot of problems

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:16 PM   #6259
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

Straßensanierung: Albig fordert Sonderabgabe für alle Autofahrer

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/a...-a-965380.html
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:09 PM   #6260
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
HH = Hansestadt Hamburg. That's not considered a problem?
A company from Wolfratshausen in Bavaria requested a combination like TÖL-HH 123 or WOR-HH 123. That's not allowed in the district of Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen. The state of Bavaria has a recommendation that HH should not be used and the district interprets it as a prohibition.

It is also possible that a licensing office forbids HH-HH 88 because it is a shortcut for "Heil Hitler(even 3 times in that case b/c the 8th character of the alphabet is H ).

I know that SS is generally not allowed, e.g. M-SS 123 (SS = Schutzstaffel) or M-AB 18 (18 = 1st and 8th character of the alphabet = AH = Adolf Hitler).

IZ-AN is also forbidden. You have to read it from the right to the left...

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau