daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:17 PM   #6261
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
Straßensanierung: Albig fordert Sonderabgabe für alle Autofahrer
Yes, the CSU party wants a car toll for foreigners w/o additional claims burden for Germans and a truck toll for more B roads (the Federal Minister of Transport is from the CSU party).
Mr. Albig from the SPD party wants a special contribution for all German car owners.
Mr. Hofreiter from the Green party wants a truck toll for more B roads (or all B roads?).

My conclusion: Any news are good news. The politicians have recognized that there is a lack of funding for the road infrastructure and they are discussing about a solution. The CSU proposal about the car toll is unfortunately total bullshit....
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM   #6262
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

There is no need for new taxes. German motorist already pay the grand prix in taxes, and very little of that flows back into roads. The problem is not German or foreign motorists not paying enough taxes to fund road projects and maintenance, but the problem is politicians hijacking all motoring taxes into other purposes. The real solution would be a tax on politicians
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:35 PM   #6263
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
IZ-AN is also forbidden. You have to read it from the right to the left...
I once believed this obsession with nazi-prohibition was paranoia.

But in recent years European politics have showed how fast those kind of rats come out (populist movements, in general) if only the political system is a bit weak, so it's probably better not to forget.
The important point is to prosecute the ideas, and not only a bunch of letters and numbers.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:42 PM   #6264
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
the problem is politicians hijacking all motoring taxes into other purposes.
Exactly!
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:05 PM   #6265
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
I once believed this obsession with nazi-prohibition was paranoia.

But in recent years European politics have showed how fast those kind of rats come out (populist movements, in general) if only the political system is a bit weak, so it's probably better not to forget.
The important point is to prosecute the ideas, and not only a bunch of letters and numbers.
When someone's first though after seeing the aforementioned combination of letters and digits is Adolf Hitler, then I think (s)he must be surely Nazi inwardly.

The same goes for people who consider red colour communist or who consider jokes about blondes, policemen, homosexuals, gypsies, nationalities, etc. offensive.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM   #6266
volodaaaa

Quote:
A company from Wolfratshausen in Bavaria requested a combination like TÖL-HH 123 or WOR-HH 123. That's not allowed in the district of Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen. The state of Bavaria has a recommendation that HH should not be used and the district interprets it as a prohibition.

It is also possible that a licensing office forbids HH-HH 88 because it is a shortcut for "Heil Hitler(even 3 times in that case b/c the 8th character of the alphabet is H ).

I know that SS is generally not allowed, e.g. M-SS 123 (SS = Schutzstaffel) or M-AB 18 (18 = 1st and 8th character of the alphabet = AH = Adolf Hitler).

Hardcore state of paranoia... indeed. Would not be easier to do a list of allowed combination of letters and digits? I think it might be shorter
Furthermore, if we try hard enough, we can find a secret message in every combination

Kampflamm liked this post
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM   #6267
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Hardcore state of paranoia... indeed.
Yeah, Germany is very paranoid about Nazi symbolism, for a good reason.
America is paranoid about planes crashing into skyscrapers, for a good reason.
Some people are afraid of dogs, and most of them have a good reason.

Once bitten, twice shy (or paranoid, basically)
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:23 PM   #6268
MichiH

Quote:
Hardcore state of paranoia... indeed.
Once a German guy asked if 444 is also forbidden (Die Doofen Deutschen = the stupid Germans) .

Quote:
When someone's first though after seeing the aforementioned combination of letters and digits is Adolf Hitler, then I think (s)he must be surely Nazi inwardly.
Well, I also think this is bullshit but the problem is that there are some guys who are proud of things like that. They are using these "forbidden" signs in public. They are membership signs of their groups. There were some guys in my neighborhood many years ago who called themselves "Kameradschaft 818" ("camaraderie 818"). So I know that things like this really exists!
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:28 PM   #6269
volodaaaa

Quote:
There were some guys in my neighborhood many years ago who called themselves "Kameradschaft 818" ("camaraderie 818"). So I know that things like this really exists!
Yeah, but they can calmly rename themselves to "Kameradschaft 717" and remain Nazis continuously.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:32 PM   #6270
MichiH

Quote:
Yeah, but they can calmly rename themselves to "Kameradschaft 717" and remain Nazis continuously.
But they wouldn't be proud of that name because it is not a symbol. It's like you would have a jersey from CR7 with number 8 .
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:11 PM   #6271
Natomasken

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
A company from Wolfratshausen in Bavaria requested a combination like TÖL-HH 123 or WOR-HH 123. That's not allowed in the district of Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen. The state of Bavaria has a recommendation that HH should not be used and the district interprets it as a prohibition.

It is also possible that a licensing office forbids HH-HH 88 because it is a shortcut for "Heil Hitler(even 3 times in that case b/c the 8th character of the alphabet is H ).

I know that SS is generally not allowed, e.g. M-SS 123 (SS = Schutzstaffel) or M-AB 18 (18 = 1st and 8th character of the alphabet = AH = Adolf Hitler).

I was about to ask why these combinations were verboten. I figured it was probably something related to sexual innuendo! That's usually the case here when states reject custom license plate requests. It never occurred to me it was Nazi-related.

I didn't realize Germany allowed custom number plates.
Australia: ACT, NSW, VIC
Roadnerd over 40 years!
Natomasken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:41 PM   #6272
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natomasken View Post
I figured it was probably something related to sexual innuendo!
No, we are not Americans. SE-XY, GE-IL (horny) and HU-RE (*****) is allowed in Germany.

volodaaaa, Wilhem275 liked this post
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:46 PM   #6273
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Interesting.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:01 AM   #6274
spy_flo

Likes (Received): 117

I have a question. The combination of 3 letters and another 2,like ABC DE 00 is allowed in Germany?
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:16 AM   #6275
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy_flo View Post
I have a question. The combination of 3 letters and another 2,like ABC DE 00 is allowed in Germany?
AFAIK, the first set of letters is a defined area code. Especially in Germany I have noticed, the less important town, the more letters in area code it has. Perhaps any German could confirm it

Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:21 AM   #6276
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
AFAIK, the first set of letters is a defined area code. Especially in Germany I have noticed, the less important town, the more letters in area code it has. Perhaps any German could confirm it
Not as much the importance of a town, but more the size of it, and the availability of letters. You can't for example let Koblenz start with a K only, because it has been allocated to Köln.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:23 AM   #6277
spy_flo

Likes (Received): 117

So,în Mannheim we have MA.for example the next 3 letters FIA is allowed?
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:30 AM   #6278
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Basically you're right. Additionally, as far as I know, there is no 00 plate, only 01 or 10.
There is no area with ABC, so ABC DE 01 is not possibly, but e.g. ABG DE 01 is possible. However having only 2 digits is pretty unusual (but not impossible).
Here is the list of area codes.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:36 AM   #6279
Attus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy_flo View Post
So,în Mannheim we have MA.for example the next 3 letters FIA is allowed?
No, after the region code there can be 1 or 2 letters and 2-4 digits. Unlike in e.g. Austria, this rule is valid for personalized license plates, too.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:49 AM   #6280
Attus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Not as much the importance of a town, but more the size of it, and the availability of letters. You can't for example let Koblenz start with a K only, because it has been allocated to Köln.
Yes. But there are only two regions having a Q code: QFT for Querfurt and QLB for Quedlinburg. There was nothing against Q for Quedlinburg and QU for Querburg, for example. Leverkusen (160,000 inhabitants!) is LEV, although LE is free. There is AIB and AIC (Bad Aibling and Aichach, repsectively), although AI is free (AA, AC and AH, however, are in use, Aalen, Aachen and Ahaus, respectively).

EDIT: I've found that LE used to be Lemgo, that's why Leverkusen is LEV, however Q, QF and AI was never in use.

Last edited by Attus; April 23rd, 2014 at 12:55 AM.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau