daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 03:02 AM   #6281
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21244

this seems too much obsession with "verbotten" letters and numbers.

The fact there are so many prohibited combinations only make them more 'appealing' for people who like them just because they are forbidden to begin with. Like those people who put stickers reading "Need for Speed" or something like that.

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2014, 03:29 AM   #6282
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy_flo View Post
I have a question. The combination of 3 letters and another 2,like ABC DE 00 is allowed in Germany?
No, because you may compose them as ADO LF 88.

Sorry, this was impolite

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:26 AM   #6283
spy_flo

Likes (Received): 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
No, because you may compose them as ADO LF 88.

Sorry, this was impolite
No offense taken :-) I was curious if I can for example compose MA FIA 99.but I understand that isn't allowed.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:33 AM   #6284
pi3141

Likes (Received): 0

When talking about offensive license plate combinations I find it funny that a combination such as SE-X 000 or SE-XY 00 seems to be no problem at all. I've seen many of those.
I think I can even remember seeing AN-AL 000 about 10 Years ago or so.
pi3141 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:28 AM   #6285
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Bad Aibling falls under Rosenheim as far as I know.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 06:50 PM   #6286
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Bad Aibling falls under Rosenheim as far as I know.
Okay, we've reached the point of no return...... I have to tell the truth now!

It is right that every district (Landkreis) has it's own code, e.g. RO for "Landkreis Rosenheim".

But our beloved politicians had a great idea some years ago to reduce bureaucracy: It is allowed in some states to keep your old license plate when you are moving from one district of your state to another district, e.g. when moving von Rostock to Schwerin you can keep your HRO license plate.

But we are Germans. We are living in a free country. Why not to allow the codes of former districts too? So it is also allowed since 2012 that the inhabitants of Bad Aibling can choose between RO, AIB and WS because some parts of the today's Rosenheim district where part of the former Bad Aibling or Wasserburg districts until 1972. There is also no general rule so some districts allow it and some districts don't allow it.........

DD-D = Die Doofen Deutschen

Road_UK liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM   #6287
Road_UK
BANNED

Can't do that here in Austria. I live in SZ, and if I want to move to IL or KU (neighbouring districts) I have to cough up 170€ and re-register my vehicle.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:24 PM   #6288
MichiH

A49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
VKE20 will be completed until 2016 or later. The VKE30 plan approval order was passed in January 2012. The complaint was withdrawn in June 2013. The works will begin after completion of VKE20. The plan approval order for VKE40 was passed in May 2012. It is challenged.

Total costs for the three sections (42km): 569 million €, see press release (published on 30th July 2013).
The last A49 plan approval order is also legal now (VKE40). The complaint was rejected by the Federal Administrative Court today, see press release.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old April 24th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #6289
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Two maps of the A49.

What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #6290
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Okay, we've reached the point of no return...... I have to tell the truth now!

It is right that every district (Landkreis) has it's own code, e.g. RO for "Landkreis Rosenheim".

But our beloved politicians had a great idea some years ago to reduce bureaucracy: It is allowed in some states to keep your old license plate when you are moving from one district of your state to another district, e.g. when moving von Rostock to Schwerin you can keep your HRO license plate.

But we are Germans. We are living in a free country. Why not to allow the codes of former districts too? So it is also allowed since 2012 that the inhabitants of Bad Aibling can choose between RO, AIB and WS because some parts of the today's Rosenheim district where part of the former Bad Aibling or Wasserburg districts until 1972. There is also no general rule so some districts allow it and some districts don't allow it.........

DD-D = Die Doofen Deutschen
I actually support this. In PL as I understand if you move, you have to trade plates on the car, and actually give old ones back so they can re-use number. It isn't right to make person go through such trouble and expense for silly reason (so has the right 3 letters...)

Of course in Canada and US as long as in the same state, usually no plate change required since plate doesn't show where you come from
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #6291
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Why not having a national register, so you don't have to swap anything?

It would be about time to have a common EU register...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #6292
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
It isn't right to make person go through such trouble and expense for silly reason (so has the right 3 letters...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Why not having a national register, so you don't have to swap anything?
It would be about time to have a common EU register...
I criticize that there is a rule that your license plate number have to begin with a shortcut of your district. I am not sure but I think to ensure that you are paying taxes. The fiscal authorities are also district dependant. The next level in the hierarchy is the state. Therefore it was possible to allow moving within the state w/o registering again. It is a temporary matter until you buy a new car just to reduce bureaucracy. That's good.

But now you can't recognize where the owner lives. I think there is no need to retain that damn district shortcuts. Why not allowing to keep the license plate number when moving nationwide? Why not to establish a system like in Italy w/o a district dependant identification? I think this would be a consequential next step, a national register and maybe a EU register.

But our beloved politicians relauned old shortcuts of historic districts to force local identity. Many people want to have the "new" old shortcut and re-register their cars just to get this damn "new" old shortcut. Is this also a reduction of bureaucracy? .
Old April 24th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #6293
Road_UK
BANNED

I actually like to show where I come from, or see where others call home. It makes driving long distances much more from. I find the Dutch or Belgian system very boring, as plates are issued randomly.

The French used to have their departement number within their license plates, untill they have changed it into random as well, causing a wave of protests from French people, who are quite rightfully claiming that they like to take "home" wherever they go. Now it's optional to have your departement number AND logo on the right-hand side of the plate, like they do in Italy.
Old April 24th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #6294
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

I live since eight years in Göttingen (GÖ) and my car still has the old license plates from my old home town Lüdenscheid (MK = Märkischer Kreis)!

And I hadn´t any problems with that. Nobody from the town or the police wrote me a letter to change my license plates. And yes, I´m officially registered in Göttingen.

Anyway, beginning next July it will be possible to move within Germany without the need to change your license plates.

Quote:
Ab Juli darf das Kfz-Kennzeichen mit umziehen

Fahrzeughalter sparen Zeit und Geld. Wer umzieht, kann sein Kfz-Kennzeichen an den neuen Wohnort mitnehmen. Ab Mitte 2014 soll die Abmeldung des Fahrzeugs online möglich sein.

What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #6295
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

I registered my car in Ancona (Italy) five years ago, since then I lived in Bologna, Brescia, München, Foggia and Turin. Had I been forced to change plates every time...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #6296
Natomasken

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post

Of course in Canada and US as long as in the same state, usually no plate change required since plate doesn't show where you come from
There are actually quite a few states that show the county name on the license plate, mostly southern states it seems. Some also show the county by a letter/number code, like in Germany. I don't know, but I always assumed this was was so the police could keep a close eye on the "outsiders!" Here's one example:

linked from theus50.com
Australia: ACT, NSW, VIC
Roadnerd over 40 years!

Road_UK liked this post
Natomasken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #6297
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natomasken View Post
I don't know, but I always assumed this was was so the police could keep a close eye on the "outsiders!" Here's one example:
It is actually happening in my country. There is a hidden rivalry between capital ("rich" region) and other (especially rural (poor)) areas. Police in rural areas is usually strict to drivers with licence plates with capital city code on. They abuse disorientation of non-domestic drivers and, on contrary, considers law violation of domestic drivers very loose.

It is quite similar vice-versa, but there is a higher chance of immigrants to be employed in police and therefore to take law violation of their "neighbours" loose as well.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:52 AM   #6298
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I registered my car in Ancona (Italy) five years ago, since then I lived in Bologna, Brescia, München, Foggia and Turin. Had I been forced to change plates every time...
What did you do about insurance?
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #6299
Road_UK
BANNED

I'm sure his insurance policy is nationwide. Just like it would be in the UK.
Old April 25th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #6300
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

What I mean is that, as part of my degree, I'm going to spend 15 months in France, but I can't spend more than 90 days abroad on my insurance, which means I'm going to have to re-register the cat twice. G.spinoza took his car to Germany, but kept an Italian registration.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau