daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #6481
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I would take A9/A3 anyway .
So I've been a stubborn dickhead, and went via Reutte-Ulm-Stuttgart-Koblenz and Venlo. Spent a lot of hours stuck in traffic in roadworks. But keeping up to date on traffic with Bayern3, SWF3 and WDR2 the A9/A3 route would have been just as bad.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #6482
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19352

I'll be driving through Northern Germany on Sunday. I expect no major traffic problems then, everybody who wants to get away for the long weekend is already on their destination. The route is Meppen - Hamburg - Flensburg. But I will monitor traffic information to see if there are any problems at Hamburg. I can also take A1-A21-B205 to Neumünster. Maybe I'll do that anyway, I haven't driven B205 yet, but I can also drive that on the way back, as I have a solid 1,000 km to drive on Sunday.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #6483
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2079

The early bird catches the worm
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #6484
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I'll be driving through Northern Germany on Sunday. I expect no major traffic problems then, everybody who wants to get away for the long weekend is already on their destination. The route is Meppen - Hamburg - Flensburg. But I will monitor traffic information to see if there are any problems at Hamburg. I can also take A1-A21-B205 to Neumünster. Maybe I'll do that anyway, I haven't driven B205 yet, but I can also drive that on the way back, as I have a solid 1,000 km to drive on Sunday.
B205 is okay, it has a 10km stretch where overtaking is forbidden, which usually means, that on a weekday, you'll be sure to stick behind a truck doing 60 km/h (which is the speed limit for trucks on B roads). But you are driving Sunday, so no trucks (well, almost). But the A 1 around Hamburg is always difficult, too.
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #6485
hseugut

Likes (Received): 784

Did AAchen Hamburg for the fourth time in 5 years, and again for the fourth time I remained stuck because of roadworks and traffic jams .... Germany has a lot to do to improve its autobahnen
hseugut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #6486
Autobahnftw

Likes (Received): 7

Hi!

What road works can i expect on A1 puttgarden-hamburg, A7 hamburg-wurzburg and A3 wurzburg-passau? i will travel june-july.
Autobahnftw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #6487
MichiH

http://www.bast.de/DE/FB-F/Baustelle...dden_node.html
Old June 7th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #6488
MichiH

A6 Mannheim - Heilbronn - Nuremberg

The A6 b/n AK Walldorf (A5; near Mannheim/Heidelberg) and AK Weinsberg (A81; near Heilbronn) already features 3 lanes eastwards, partial w/o hard shoulders. Westwards, there are still two gaps with 2 lanes only. The section has a length of 54km (OSM) and is the main connection b/n France and Czech Republic. The AADT was b/n 64,000 and 89,000 vehicles/day in 2010, the truck share was about 20% (source).

The 1348 meter long Neckarbrücke viaduct near Heilbronn must be renewed (OSM; age of 57 years). The number of lanes was reduced from 3 to 2 lanes last October to avoid more damage (fatigue crack in the welding seams) which causes daily congestion (this section has the maximum AADT of 89,000). The plan approval order was passed in 1998 but the plans have been modified and a new plan approval procedure was started in April 2014.

The plan approval orders for the two other sections were passed in July 2012 (7.6km section) or April 2013 (10.8km section). It is upgrade the A6 as a PPP project. The press officer of the Federal Minstry of Transport has recently announced that the award procedure will take two years, the works could been started in 2016/17. A 8.7km section near Sinsheim was built in 2010/11.

It is also planned to widen the remaining 2x2 sections of the A6 b/n Heilbronn and Schwabach (west of Nuremberg) to 2x3 lanes where the AADT was b/n 48,000 and 60,000 vehicles/day in 2010. The truck share is b/n 23 and 28%. It is also planned to be realized as PPP until 2025 (OSM; 135km).

A 6.2km section b/n Roth (B2 i/c) and Nuremberg-South (A73 i/c) was widened to 2x3 in 2009/10. The plan approval order for the 6.2km section b/n Schwabach-West and Roth was passed in December 2011, the plan approval order for the 3.7km section from east of the A73 i/c Nuremberg-South and west of the A3 i/c Nuremberg-East was passed in November 2009. The last section, the 1.0km upgrade and reconstruction of the Nuremberg-East i/c is still in planning stage. OSM. AADT 2010: 66,000 to 76,000, truck share 22%. The number of lanes is described on autobahnatlas-online.de.
Old June 7th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #6489
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8959

Quote:
The northernmost 3km part is 2x3 in service now (OSM; source). The remaining 16km b/n Triptis and Schleiz will be completed until late 2014. It is a PPP project. The works began in October 2011. Project page.

If I remember correctly the A2 is currently the longest 2x3 Autobahn in Germany (and maybe in Europe).
Will the A9 break this record after this last stretch between Triptis and Schleiz is completed?
What Is Love?

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; June 7th, 2014 at 11:14 PM.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #6490
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19352

I believe there are no 2x3 through lanes at Kreuz Hermsdorf. But if you ignore that, it will be the longest 2x3 in Germany. It is very likely the longest 2x3 in Europe.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #6491
MichiH

Correct, there are only 2 lanes near the AK Hermsdorf (A4). In addition, there are only 2 southbound lanes within the AD Bayerisches Vogtland (A72).

The A9 widening within the AK Hermsdorf is the last remaining Thuringian Autobahn project in the BVWP. It was planned to start works in fall 2008, meanwhile it is unlikely that works will begin this decade.
Old June 7th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #6492
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Correct, there are only 2 lanes near the AK Hermsdorf (A4). In addition, there are only 2 southbound lanes within the AD Bayerisches Vogtland (A72).
... as well as through Nürnberg junction. Not to mention the final few kilometres in München where the motorway slims down gradually towards its southern terminus.
Unlike the A 2, the A 9 will never be entirely 6 lanes wide. A more likely candidate to rival the A 2 in this regard is the A 5 though. We might be still two or three decades away from a completely 6 lanes wide A 5. It is, however, thinkable that this motorway achieves this status one day.

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Last edited by flierfy; June 7th, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #6493
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Quote:
Correct, there are only 2 lanes near the AK Hermsdorf (A4).

SRC_100 liked this post
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #6494
3locations

Likes (Received): 5403

Strecke zwischen Appenweier und Offenburg (Ortenau) soll im Juli fertig werden. Sechsspurige A5-Freigabe vor den Sommerferien => http://www.bo.de/lokales/ortenau/sec...n-sommerferien
3locations no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #6495
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Quote:
In addition, there are only 2 southbound lanes within the AD Bayerisches Vogtland (A72).

SRC_100 liked this post
Old June 7th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #6496
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by flierfy View Post
... as well as through Nürnberg junction.

SRC_100 liked this post
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #6497
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3locations View Post
Strecke zwischen Appenweier und Offenburg (Ortenau) soll im Juli fertig werden. Sechsspurige A5-Freigabe vor den Sommerferien => http://www.bo.de/lokales/ortenau/sec...n-sommerferien
I was too lazy to post it b/c I couldn't find a former post about it..... We are in the English forum, so in English, please:

The works on the last 2.8km section of the A5 PPP project b/n Appenweier and Offenburg will resume in two weeks and will be completed in July. The works were almost completed last fall, but the contractor said, they have to save money b/c the truck incomes are lower than expected. According to the contract the widening must be completed until 30th September 2014.
After the completion of the resumed works, the entire 2x3 widening b/n Baden-Baden and Offburg will be completed (>40km). The works began in 2010.
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #6498
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flierfy View Post
Not to mention the final few kilometres in München
@pmaciej7: No pics from Munich?

Some pics from autobahn-bilder.de, taken by sj1.

Southwards:

Northwards:

Old June 8th, 2014, 12:01 AM   #6499
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

What is the longest tunnel in Germany ?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #6500
flierfy

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
What is the longest tunnel in Germany ?
The longest tunnel is probably the U7 in Berlin. This is a metro line, however. And I presume you are looking for road tunnels rather. The longest road tunnel in Germany is currently the Rennsteigtunnel (A 71). And with no tunnel project in sight that is longer than the 7'900 m of the Rennsteigtunnel, it could stay the longest road tunnel for decades to come.

Last edited by flierfy; June 8th, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau