daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 24th, 2015, 10:24 PM   #7721
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

B10 Rosensteintunnel Stuttgart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The B10 Rosensteintunnel project in Stuttgart is u/c now (OSM). The B10 is a main road through Stuttgart. The project will be completed until late 2019. Costs: 231 million €.
The Rosensteintunnel has a length of 1300 m. It will feature 2x2 lanes. The project also contains a new 3-tubed Leuze tunnel at the B10/B14 intersection in the south. Its longest tube has a length of 300m.
Some pics of the B10 Rosensteintunnel construction in Stuttgart.

Neckartalstraße, southern tunnel opening (January/February 2015; map):

Pragstraße, northern tunnel opening (January 2015; map):

Source: project page.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; March 24th, 2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: North / south mistaken
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:48 PM   #7722
TrojaA
ß-Retter

Likes (Received): 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
Do you have any examples?
I don't know any real 1+1 with this condition. (Just some where they are the beginning/end of a 2+1/2+2. So just a couple of meters)
So I don't think that there's any real 1+1 road today.
TrojaA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:47 PM   #7723
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojaA View Post
I don't know any real 1+1 with this condition. (Just some where they are the beginning/end of a 2+1/2+2. So just a couple of meters)
So I don't think that there's any real 1+1 road today.
B49 around Wetzlar has a long 1+1 section with a crash barrier. Speed limit sings "100" are posted there.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:29 PM   #7724
TrojaA
ß-Retter

Likes (Received): 341

Ye, I meant that I don't know any (and I assume that there any) 1+1 with crash barriers who don't have any limit posted. Only the recommended speed limit on such a road would be dangerous, if it's more than a few hundreds meters without a reasonable speed limit posted.
TrojaA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 03:04 AM   #7725
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
There are also "simple" 2-laned roads with 120km/h limit.
Where are these? Can't remember of ever having driven on such a piece, although I have the impression many German simple 1+1 roads allow safely doing 140-150 km/h. I would like to see the general limit raised to 120 km/h ...

Presumably the majority of > 100km/h 1+1 stretches will be signposted as Kraftfahrstrasse anyway.

Is 120 km/h the highest sign-posted limit one can find for a 1+1 road, or is there even a higher one (would be very surprising, but who knows ...)?

What about highest numerical Autobahn speed limits? The general practice (which is based on some laws in the background) is to signpost limits of max. the advisory limit. That is, either a limit of up to 130 km/h, or none at all.
There was, however, some pilot project with a 140 km/h limit somewhere. Is this the highest limit ever signposted up to now?
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 11:23 AM   #7726
Pepov

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Where are these?
B286 south of Schweinfurt. Although, it's gonna be rebulid to 2+1 with 100 limit
Pepov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 12:00 PM   #7727
MichiH

Quote:
Where are these?
I don't remember because I usually don't care about things like this. B286 b/n A70 and A3, see Pepov's post. I confirm that the speed limit will be 100 after widening to 2+1 .

Quote:
Can't remember of ever having driven on such a piece, although I have the impression many German simple 1+1 roads allow safely doing 140-150 km/h. I would like to see the general limit raised to 120 km/h ...
I agree. I even think, 180 can be safer than 130.

Quote:
Presumably the majority of > 100km/h 1+1 stretches will be signposted as Kraftfahrstrasse anyway.
Will be? No. It's not planned or discussed.

Quote:
Is 120 km/h the highest sign-posted limit one can find for a 1+1 road, or is there even a higher one (would be very surprising, but who knows ...)?
I think it's 120.

Quote:
What about highest numerical Autobahn speed limits? The general practice (which is based on some laws in the background) is to signpost limits of max. the advisory limit. That is, either a limit of up to 130 km/h, or none at all.
There was, however, some pilot project with a 140 km/h limit somewhere. Is this the highest limit ever signposted up to now?
140 is displayed on VBAs near Hannover, A2. I don't know the English name of VBA, I think dynamic traffic information.

There are two variants in Germany:
- Verkehrsbeeinflussungsanlage (VBA) which display speed limit, warning, no overtaking by trucks etcetera (like stationary signs but electronically/dynamically)
- Streckenbeeinflussungsanlage (SBA) which display real traffic information like construction site announcement or route recommendation.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old March 26th, 2015, 09:33 PM   #7728
MichiH

A643 closure

Traffic information of Mainz/Wiesbaden region: http://www.verkehr.rlp.de/mz.html (map + webcams).

Old March 28th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #7729
MichiH

Car toll / Truck toll

Quote:
The Federal coalition of CDU, SPD and CSU party arrived an agreement about the car toll. The law is announced to be legislated on Friday. The short-term vignettes will be scaled too. The 10-days vignettes will cost 5, 10 or 15 € depending on ecological features of the car (previous proposal: 10 €). The 2-month vignette will cost 16, 22 or 30 € (previous proposal: 22 €).
The truck toll law passed the Bundestag on Thursday evening.
- Truck toll has to be paid for usage of addition 1,100km (mostly) 4-laned B road from 1st July 2015, see map (blue: motorways with toll, green: B roads with toll, red: B roads with toll from 1st July 2015, yellow: B roads w/o toll)
- Truck toll has to be paid by vehicles with a weight >= 3.5t from 1st October 2015 (instead of >=12t)

The car toll law passed the Bundestag on Friday, 12:05 PM.
- German vehicle owners have to pay for usage of all roads from 1st January 2016
- Foreign vehicle owners have to pay for usage of motorways from 1st January 2016 (E vignette; it could be extended to all roads later on)
- Vehicle tax will run out on 31st December 2015

In addition, it's announced to introduce the truck toll for usage of all B roads (yellow on map). See press release of the Federal Ministry of Transport.

The law must pass the Bundesrat now but media says that they can only delay it (which is announced). I think the Federal Minister (Bundespräsident) Gauck must signs the law too but I'm not sure. Media says, only European Court of Justice could stop the toll.

Anyway, the regional party is happy now:
Source: CSU press release.

Translation:

Toll comes!
- No additional costs for German vehicle owner.
- More justice on German roads.
Kept word!

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old March 28th, 2015, 12:57 AM   #7730
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

Since they have the e-vignette, they could at least integrate it with the unmweltplakket in one single procedure.

devo liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2015, 01:18 AM   #7731
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Or they could scrap both in one single procedure :P

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

ChrisZwolle, Rohne, bogdymol, verreme, cinxxx and 2 others liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 11:01 PM   #7732
MichiH

B255 bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
can't wait for the new B255 (Niederahr-Oberahr-Ettinghausen-bypass) north of Montabaur to open, here is a picture from nearby Oberahr:
The 2nd of 3 B255 sections - from north of Ettinghausen to Oberahr was opened last week (source; map; 2.1km). The construction began in July 2007. The 1st section up to north of Hahn (1.4km; map) was opened in April 2012. The remaining 3rd section up to south of Niederahr is announced to be opened in 2016 (2.2km; map).

Old April 1st, 2015, 08:32 PM   #7733
MichiH

A20 Elbe tunnel

Quote:
Quote:
Section 8: plan approval order: 2011, groundbreaking: 2011 depending on funding / plan approval order: December 2014, groundbreaking >= 2017

Section 8 contains the new Elbe tunnel (length: 5.7km; costs: 1.2 billion €). The plan approval order of the Schleswig-Holstein part was passed on Tuesday. The plan approval order of the Lower Saxony part is announced to be passed in the coming weeks.
The spokesman of the Federal Ministry of Transport confirmed that Minster Dobrindt wants to get EU funding (Juncker's 315 billion € investment plan) for the Elbtunnel. The tunnel is built as PPP. Costs: 1.5 billion € (source).
The 2nd plan approval order of the A20 Elbe tunnel was passed on Monday. It's the 6.7km Lower Saxony part which begins at the future A26 AD Drochtersen. See press release.

The plan approval order of the Schleswig-Holstein part is challenged meanwhile (source). The ferry service company (we would have to close the ferry service with 50 employees; predicted AADT wrong, A21 could be more ecologically friendly) and the municipality of Kollmar (our voluntary fire deptment would be unable to cope) and the Steinburg district (plant fire department required) appealed. In addition, there is already a comment of an opponent about the Lower Saxony part. He says, the A20 ends in the middle of nowhere w/o any connector (source)!

Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:58 PM   #7734
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

A12: PL Grenze - AD Spreeau

Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 12:38 PM   #7735
MichiH

A7 Salzgitter - Göttingen

Quote:
The Lower Saxony Ministry of Transport must tender the PPP, see press release. It is planned to start the construction in 2016. The plan approval procedures are still in progress.
The last plan approval order for A7 widening to 2x3 b/n Salzgitter and Göttingen (map) was passed in late December 2014. It began in August 2012. Quite quick. All remaining sections b/n Seesen and Nörten-Hardenberg (29.2km) are ready to be built.

Quote:
A7 b/n AD Salzgitter (A39) and AS Bockenem was widened to 2x3 lanes from 2011 to 2013(/14). Length: 12km, costs: 60 million €. The building companies used cancer-causing material (PAHs). The Lower Saxony Ministry of Transport wants to press criminal charges against the building companies because of eco-crime and demands renovation. Source.
Renovation has been started meanwhile.

The 13.0km section in between is partial delayed. Works began in August 2012, completion is announced for late 2015 but there was low advance in the past. The southern part b/n Seesen and Harz rest area is almost completed. 3 lanes are already in service on the southbound carriageway but there are still only 2 lanes in service northbound. B/n Harz rest area and Bockenem, the construction of the first(!) carriageway has just started a few weeks ago. I guess it will be completed by late 2016. There's no official info why it's delayed.

Old April 5th, 2015, 12:27 PM   #7736
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

A10: AD Barnim - AD Havelland

Luki_SL liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:37 AM   #7737
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

Ah, Autobahndrieck Barnim. How I miss him (well, Schwanebeck)
Old April 7th, 2015, 02:55 AM   #7738
conormc_23
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

I would love a go on the autoban
conormc_23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 02:55 AM   #7739
conormc_23
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Top gear shinned it in a good light.
conormc_23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #7740
miumiuwonwon

Likes (Received): 294

Road trip part one

I took a road trip during the weeked all the way from Leipzig to the Southwest and back. The numbers shown on the map are the places in which the photos were taken.

1 + 2 Heavy traffic on A9 near Leipzig. There was congestion heading southbound.

3 A4 before Jena. This bus driver should be punished for ignoring the traffic regulation

4 Jagdbergtunnel after Jena. It was AT LAST opened for traffic last October after six years of construction.

5 A4 between Jena and Erfurt.

6 Kreuz Erfurt, the intersection of A4 and A71.

7 Leaving A7 and driving in the direction of 'Gießen' via A5.

8 2+3 section of A5.

9 Entering the Gießener Ring. It's actually a yellow autobahn.

10 A3 after Limburg an der Lahn. On the left side you may see the ICE high speed line Frankfurt-Cologne.

11 A3 again. On the left the P+R parking lots of the ICE train station Montabaur, quite a small town hidden in many hills. It's becoming world famous since few weeks because the co-pilot of Germanwings flight 4U9525 was born and raised here.

12 A48. River Rhine ahead of us.

By me.

simondanut, verreme, MichiH, ilyan, SRC_100 and 9 others liked this post
miumiuwonwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau