daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #7761
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

I think the German toll system with EU environmental classes is copied from Poland: http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/en/1126/motorway-tolls. Poland is also using EURO categories for vehicles > 3.5t. However, Germany will use it for vehicles for vehicles < 3.5t too.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #7762
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

My immoral motorhome would pay €256/year, but luckily there's a cap at €130. €15 for 10 days.

It's calculated as €16 every 200 kg, up to €130. The funny part is that it means any motorhome over 1,6 t will pay the same. I wonder what kind of motorhome can weigh less than 1,6 t maybe a VW T3...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2015, 03:14 PM   #7763
MichiH

A643

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The Schiersteiner Brücke will probably be opened for vehicles < 3.5t next Monday if a static load test will be done on Friday.
The 'Vorland' bridge passed the test. It will be reopened for vehicles < 3.5t on Monday 5AM. 63 days after it was closed.

The works at the new Rhine bridge was not affected by the closure and is on schedule. The 'Vorland' bridge will be replaced in 2016(/17?). See project release.
Quote:
Wenn der Verkehr wieder über die Vorlandbrücke fließt, werden die Arbeiten an dem neuen Brückenteil wieder aufgenommen. Nach Herstellung dieses neuen Brückenteils wird dann die beschädigte Brücke längs durchtrennt und der westliche Teil abgebrochen und anschließend wieder neu erstellt. Der Verkehr fließt während dieser Arbeiten auf der östlichen Brückenhälfte.Das neue Brückenteil und die erneuerte westliche Brückenhälfte werden dann den Verkehr der neuen unterstromigen Rheinbrücke übernehmen. Nach dieser Verkehrsumlegung in 2016 kann die östliche Hälfte der beschädigten Brücke ebenfalls abgebrochen und erneuert werden. Danach ist der Schaden vom 10. Februar 2015 vollständig behoben und es steht für die Zukunft ein komplett neu gebautes Brückenbauwerk „Anschlussstelle Mombach“ zur Verfügung.

The entire 'Vorland' bridge will be demolished again when the A643 b/n Rhine bridge and AD Mainz (A60) will be widened to 2x3.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old April 11th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #7764
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
I think the German toll system with EU environmental classes is copied from Poland: http://www.gddkia.gov.pl/en/1126/motorway-tolls. Poland is also using EURO categories for vehicles > 3.5t. However, Germany will use it for vehicles for vehicles < 3.5t too.
Which makes sense as they're all diesel and the Euro class is well known. But for passenger petrol cars, it's not common knowledge. I've been looking at buying a new car, and the figure is only given for diesel cars.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #7765
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

It's only since Euro 5 (2009) that they introduced limits for PM10 (particles) for passenger car petrol engines. But the Euronorms have always been somewhat irrelevant for petrol engines, for example in Germany even 20+ year old petrol cars got a green environmental sticker.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #7766
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It's only since Euro 5 (2009) that they introduced limits for PM10 (particles) for passenger car petrol engines. But the Euronorms have always been somewhat irrelevant for petrol engines, for example in Germany even 20+ year old petrol cars got a green environmental sticker.
Exactly, so I wonder what the plan is for the vignette system. Given that the whole system is designed around the principle of "make foreigners pay", you'd think that they would at least publish how it's intended to work.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:35 PM   #7767
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Hochmoselbrücke, bridge of expressway B50 over the Mosel valley.

Strange, that the right side looks quite good, but in the left side the works have just begun.

Hochmoselbrücke by Attus74, on Flickr
Hochmoselbrücke by Attus74, on Flickr

More (new pictures are on the top.):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/940712...7648395876444/

Highway89, SRC_100 liked this post
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 03:36 PM   #7768
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
More (new pictures are on the top.):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/940712...7648395876444/
You already posted the same pics in February: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=7551. Where are the announced new pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Strange, that the right side looks quite good, but in the left side the works have just begun.
Because they really begun much later .

A news article from November 2014 (> click <; map; u/c since July 2009) features a nice pic (I think I haven't posted it last November, have I?):

Source: Volksfreund

SRC_100, Suburbanist liked this post
Old April 12th, 2015, 03:55 PM   #7769
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
You already posted the same pics in February
Impossible. I shot them yesterday.
All my pictures about the Hochmoselbrücke are in that album. The recent ones on the top, the older ones on the bottom.
But, for better clarification, I added the date to the titles of the images. I hope it's clear now.

MichiH, Suburbanist liked this post
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:47 PM   #7770
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17037

Visit the New Jersey Section

SRC_100 liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 11:35 PM   #7771
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21244

Nice view of the Hogemoselbrück.

Now if only they build two tall bridges over the Rhein between Koblenz and Wiesbaden...
Old April 13th, 2015, 12:04 AM   #7772
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Suburbanist vs. the poor Loreley ferry

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Pepov, bavarian urbanist liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 08:15 PM   #7773
MichiH

A40 Rhine bridge near Duisburg is damaged too

Quote:
The next Rhine bridge has a problem. The 777m A40 Rhine bridge near Duisburg has a similar problem like the A1 Rhine bridge near Leverkusen (welding lines must be reinforced). The number of lanes is reduced from 6 to 4 lanes since October 2014. It will be reduced to 1 lane towards Essen. Maybe the opposite direction must be reduced to 1 lane too. In addition, the bridge will be temporarily closed for trucks > 3.5t (for 5 weeks). The AADT is about 100,000 vehicles/day, thereof 11,000 trucks. It's planned to rebuilt the entire bridge. See press release.
A40 Rhine bridge 'Neuenkamp' (map) is closed eastbound for vehicles >= 3.5t since 10th March 2015. Additional damages were found. The closure will be extended to early May. Afterwards, the opposite direction will be closed for vehicles >= 3.5t for 5 weeks. The bridge will be opened for trucks again but only 2 lanes per direction will be in service. The u/c carriageway is currently one laned only, the other one is 2-laned. See press release.

Old April 15th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #7774
MichiH

A1 Rhine bridge near Leverkusen is damaged

The preliminary design phase for the new A1 Rhine bridge near Leverkusen is completed (map). The state's ministry of transport has to approve it now. Afterwards, the Federal Ministry of Transport has to approve it. Then, the plan approval procedure can begin (fall 2015). Construction should begin in 2017. See press release.

A new flyer is published too:

Old April 15th, 2015, 08:23 PM   #7775
MichiH

B266 Bad Neuenahr

Quote:
B266: AS Bad Neuenahr (A573) – AS Bad Neuenahr-East 12 1.8km (February 2009 to December 2015) - projectmap

The project is 'on schedule'. The road will get into service in mid of 2016. Total costs: 47.5 million €. See news article.
New completion date: Fall 2016. Source (with 3 pics).

Old April 15th, 2015, 08:38 PM   #7776
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

7.5 years to build a 1.8 kilometer road?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

devo liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:10 PM   #7777
MichiH

B266 Bad Neuenahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
7.5 years to build a 1.8 kilometer road?
Correct. Dunno why but there are no big delays.

The plan approval procedure began in 1971. An additional plan approval procedure began in 1990 (Ergänzungsverfahren / modification of first one) but it was stopped again. A new plan approval procedure began in 1996, the plan approval order was passed in July 1999. No appeals. Funding was approved in 2006, the planning of construction execution (Bauausführungsplanung) was completed in October 2008.

It was announced in late 2008 that works should begin in early 2009. Completion: Late 2015. The 4-laned road contains two 100m tunnels, 110m elevated bridge, retaining walls, noise protection walls etcetera. AADT 18,000 vehicles/day. RQ21 (cross section). Groundbreaking was in February 2009 and it was announced that works should be completed by late 2014. Costs: 41 million €.

The current info is that the completion should be in fall 2016, costs 47.5 million €.

(click for zooming)

Coccodrillo liked this post
Old April 17th, 2015, 09:26 PM   #7778
MichiH

A8 Merzig

Quote:
A8 2x2 widening Merzig-Wellingen - Merzig-Schwellingen (3.5km; OSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
Anybody knows when this (below on picture) part of A8 between AS Wellingen - AS Schwellingen is going to be upgraded to full pofile? On polish forum I`ve read that tender had been announced some time ago and completion is scheduled for 2017 year, is it true?
http://www.saarbruecker-zeitung.de/s...446565,5488447

The first phase is the new Kohlenbruch viaduct. The works will begin in April 2015. Completion: October 2016. The new carriageway will be built from July 2015 to June 2016. The existing carriageway will be renewed from July 2016 to November 2017.
A8 near Merzig is currently closed eastbound for construction site installation (crash barriers). It will be closed westbound next week. Construction of Kohlenbruch viaduct will begin on 27th April 2015. See press release.

An additional press release reports that planning costs were 1.1 million €, construction costs are 44.1 million €. It also contains a detailed project info.

The 2nd carriageway will be completed in November 2017.

Old April 18th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #7779
MichiH

B6n Bernburg bypass

Quote:
Summer 2015: B6n AS Bernburg/Nienburg (L65) – AS Bernburg-East (4.6km; map; u/c since 2010; 2+1)
The final segment of the B6n Bernburg bypass will be opened on 29th May 2015. Source.

The B6n construction b/n A395, A14 and A9 (~130km; map) began in October 1997. It's a parallel west-east connection south of A2 and north of A38. The first section is in service since 2000. It's motorway-like b/n A395 and A14 but only 2+1 and partial with at-grade intersections b/n A14 and A9. The final 15km section b/n Köthen and A9 is announced to be completed by 2018 or 2019 (map). Funding for preliminary works is approved for 2015. It's planned to extend B6n to Torgau (~50km; map; 2+1; early planning stage).

It's discussed whether B6n could/should be rededicated to A36 b/n A395 and A14 but it's only RQ26 (cross section) instead of RQ28. IIRC, the space reservation next to the road does not fulfill the official motorway standard.

Old April 19th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #7780
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Correct. Dunno why but there are no big delays.

The plan approval procedure began in 1971. An additional plan approval procedure began in 1990 (Ergänzungsverfahren / modification of first one) but it was stopped again. A new plan approval procedure began in 1996, the plan approval order was passed in July 1999. No appeals. Funding was approved in 2006, the planning of construction execution (Bauausführungsplanung) was completed in October 2008.

It was announced in late 2008 that works should begin in early 2009. Completion: Late 2015. The 4-laned road contains two 100m tunnels, 110m elevated bridge, retaining walls, noise protection walls etcetera. AADT 18,000 vehicles/day. RQ21 (cross section). Groundbreaking was in February 2009 and it was announced that works should be completed by late 2014. Costs: 41 million €.

The current info is that the completion should be in fall 2016, costs 47.5 million €.

(click for zooming)
I fail to see the purpose of this road
does Bad Neuenahr have much through-traffic that A573 and 171 can't route to A61?
[atomic] no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau