daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2015, 09:18 AM   #7901
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojaA View Post
A proper translation would be: durchschnittliche tägliche Verkehrsstärke (DTV) which is one kind of "Verkehrsstärke"-data.
For automatically counted data check out http://www.bast.de/DE/FB-V/Fachtheme...aehl_node.html
For other road types you have to check out the local authorities (e.g. Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg etc.)
Wonderful, thank you!
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #7902
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Is there any public database where I can check the AADT of motorways and other roads? (I speak good German, so no problem if it's in German, I simply have no idea about the proper German translation of AADT, so I don't know what to search for :-))
Quote:
A proper translation would be: durchschnittliche tägliche Verkehrsstärke (DTV) which is one kind of "Verkehrsstärke"-data.
Correct. But there are many special kind of DTV: > click <, e.g. DTV_Kfz_Mo‐So_Q or DTV_SV_W_Q .

Quote:
For automatically counted data check out http://www.bast.de/DE/FB-V/Fachtheme...aehl_node.html
For other road types you have to check out the local authorities (e.g. Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg etc.)
There are many data bases, different systems.
Let's begin with DTV 2005/2010 data of manual counting: http://www.bast.de/DE/Statistik/Verk...html?nn=625790. We entered them into a data base (2005/10 including comparsion option). If required, I could also send you the excel sheets.

Some states provide the data on maps where you can see the (exact) position:
- Bavarian data is on BAYSIS: data, map.
- NRW data is available on NWSIB: http://services.gis-consult.de/NWSIB-online/ (map --> "Sichtbarkeiten/Verkehrsdaten").

AVZ 1998/2003/2008 (foreign traffic counting): http://www.bast.de/DE/Statistik/Verk...html?nn=625790.

The 2015 manual counting is in progess (April-October 2015): http://www.bast.de/DE/Statistik/Verk...cationFile&v=2.

Quote:
Richtlinienentwurf Aug 2014
Bund-Länder-Gespräch 09./10. September 2014 in Berlin Sept 2014
Einführung der Richtlinien durch das BMVI (Erlass) Sep 2014
Übergabe SIB-Daten zum Zählstellenverzeichnis (ZV) an die BASt Okt/Nov 2014
ZV-Aktualisierung mit Programm SVZ-Online durch die Länder Dez 2014/Jan 2015
Versand der Zählanweisung an die Länder Jan 2015
Eingang der Zählstellenkarten im Auswertebüro Jan 2015
Endgültiges ZV mit Angaben zum Zählumfang je Zählstelle Feb 2015

Eingabe der Zähldaten des 1. Halbjahres Juli 2015
Eingabe der Zähldaten der Ferienzählungen Sept 2015
Eingabe der Zähldaten des 2. Halbjahres Okt 2015
Übermittlung von Hilfsgrößen an die Länder Juni 2016
Datenprüfung durch die Länder Juli 2016
Hochrechnungsergebnisse Aug 2016
NRW press release (> 8,000 locations)
Hesse press release (~ 3,500 locations)

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

TrojaA liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #7903
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What is that? I understand what it means literally, but is this the name of a bridge or some kind of technical feature?
Yep, I couldn't find much data but at least a short description:

Quote:
Ein Kaltluftdurchlass, der für das Mikroklima in dem Bereich als notwendig angesehen wird

A cold/fresh air passage which is required for the microclimate there

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old June 11th, 2015, 11:05 PM   #7904
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19365

Germany under construction.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 07:27 PM   #7905
MichiH

A4

Quote:
Spring 2015: A4 2x3 widening Düren - East of Düren (2.2km; map; u/c since ?; 2x3)
The section should be opened 2x3 last night, see press release. The last 2x2 A4 section (2.2km near Kerpen) b/n Aachen and Cologne is announced to be completed by late 2015.

Old June 12th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #7906
MichiH

A33 Osnabrück - Bielefeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Another news article: > click <.

This article quotes the road authority. The Bielefeld-Center to Halle-Künsebeck section (7.9km) should be opened in late 2017 (DE: "könnte"). The last section will be partial opened in 2018 (Halle-Künsebeck to Halle; 4.0km) and the final section (Halle - Borgholzhausen; 8.6km) will be opened in 2019.
The section is split into two lots. The construction of the pavement ("Streckenbau") on the northern lot began 9 month ago. The construction of the pavement onthe southern lot began last week. Both are announced to be completed by late 2016, see press release and news article.
The groundbreaking ceremony was in September 2009. A short part north of Bielefeld-Center i/c is already completed but will be put into service next year (~9.0km in total).

Old June 13th, 2015, 10:34 AM   #7907
MichiH

A40 Rhine bridge near Duisburg is damaged too

Quote:
A40 Rhine bridge 'Neuenkamp' (map) is closed eastbound for vehicles >= 3.5t since 10th March 2015. Additional damages were found. The closure will be extended to early May. Afterwards, the opposite direction will be closed for vehicles >= 3.5t for 5 weeks. The bridge will be opened for trucks again but only 2 lanes per direction will be in service. The u/c carriageway is currently one laned only, the other one is 2-laned. See press release.
The closure for trucks is finished. The bridge features 2x2 lanes for trucks and cars now. Each 3rd lane will remain closed until the new bridge will be opened. A feasibility study of the new bridge was recently presented. It should have a width of 65m instead of 36.8m and will feature 2x4 lanes plus hard shoulders plus bike/footway. Construction period: 2019-2024 or later. The bridge was designed for an AADT of 30,000 vehicles/day but the current AADT is almost four times. Nevertheless, there has not yet been any big chaos during the lane closures. See press release, news article no. 1, news article no. 2 or project page.

Babenhausen Süd liked this post
Old June 13th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #7908
MichiH

Quote:
It's up to 35°C today. First concrete sections of A3, A92 and A93 in Bavaria are limited to 80km/h due to "Blow up" risk. Source (2; video shows old pics).
Relief cuts on A3 cambered and must be milled off within the next weeks. Each one lane will be closed meanwhile. It's planned to renovate A3 b/n Straubing and the Austrian border by 2018. Source.

Quote:
ABDSB: Die A3 ist am Ende. Sie hat ihre Lebensdauer schon lange überschritten
Road authority: A3 is on the ropes. It has exceeded its lifespan long ago.

Isek liked this post
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:09 PM   #7909
MichiH

Future motorway/expressway projects with approval

I created a list of future motorway and expressway projects with approval (however, some are still challenged, some are only on the list to complete the entire project). That means, these projects are funded or could(!) be the candidates to be funded "soon" (please refer to the link in my signature to get a list of all u/c projects and legend):

A14: AS Grabow – AS Groß Warnow 9.8km (June 2015 to Late 2017) – ? – map (MV; plan approval: 2011 – November 12; funded)

A21: north of Nettelsee – north of AS Nettelsee ~ 2km (? to ?) – projectmap (SH; plan approval: April 2008 – February 2011; funded)

A44: AK Ratingen-East (A3) – AS Heiligenhaus 4.0km (Summer 2015 to 2020) – projectmap (NW; plan approval: 1991 – February 2007; additional approval: ? – February 2012; ? – 2016 (drainage); complaints rejected; funded)

A44: AD Kassel-East (A7) – AS Helsa-East 11.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: Mid 2006 – still in progress; completion of entire project)
A44: AS Waldkappel – Hoheneiche 7.2km (Spring 2015 to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: September 2002 – October 2011; complaints rejected; funded)
A44: Hocheneiche – AS Sontra-West 5.4km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: April 2006 – January 2012; complaints withdrawn)
A44: AS Sontra-West – AS Sontra-Ost 10.8km (2017 to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: July 2012 – September 2013)
A44: AS Sontra-Ost – AD Wommen (A4) 6.0km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2011 – February 2013; complaints withdrawn)

A49: AS Schwalmstadt – AS Stadtallendorf-North 13.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – January 2012; complaints withdrawn)
A49: AS Stadtallendorf-North – AD Ohmtal (A5) 17.4km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – May 2012; complaints pending)

A60: east of AS Winterspelt – north of AS Prüm 18.2km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – March 1979; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

A62: south of AS Bann – south of AS Weselberg 9.3km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1983; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
A62: Schwarzbach viaduct – AS Pirmasens 6.0km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1983; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

A64: east of AS Trier – north of Biewertal viaduct 0.9km (? to ?) – projectmap (RP; plan approval: ? – 1977; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

A66: AD Erlenbruch (A661) – AS Frankfurt-Bergen-Enkheim 2.6km (2016 to 2022) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – February 2007; additional approval: ? – September 2009; official groundbreaking ceremony took place on 23rd September 2009; neighboring A661 u/c)

A72: AS Rötha – AK Leipzig (A38) 7.2km (2015/16 to 2020) – projectmap (SN; plan approval: Early 2011 – December 2013; funded)

A94: AS Dorfen – AS Heldenstein 14.9km (2016 to 2019) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: September 1998 – November 2011; complaints withdrawn; PPP tender procedure in progress)

A281: AS Bremen-Gröpelingen – AS Bremen-Seehausen 4.9km (? to ?) – projectmap (HB; plan approval: ? – June 2010; compensation money negotiation in progress; PPP?)
A281: south of AS Bremen-Airportstadt – AS Bremen-Kattenturm 2.2km (2018 to 2021) – projectmap (HB; plan approval: ? – April 2009; additional approval: May 2015 – still in progress (Late 2016); completion of entire project)

A524: west of AS Duisburg-Huckingen – west of AK Duisburg-South (A59) 0.8km (Fall 2015 to 2018) – ? – map (NW; plan approval: ? – December 2008; funded)

B2: south of AS Eschenlohe – AS Oberau-North 3.8km (? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: ? – still in progress; completion of entire project)
B2: AS Oberau-North – AS Oberau-South 4.2km (September 2015 to 2021) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: ? – February 2010; funded)

B10: AS Godramstein – AS Landau-North (A65) 4.1km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap (RP; plan approval: ? – September 2010; complaints pending; rendition of judgment on 1st July 2015)

B14: AS Backnang-West – AS Waldrems 5.7km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – November 2005; new Backnang-Center i/c already u/c)
B14: AS Waldrems – AS Nellmersbach 1.9km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – November 2005)

B27: AS Donaueschingen – AS Hüfingen 4.1km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – September 2013)

B29: east of Böbingen – west of Essingen 6.9km (July 2015 to 2018) – projectmap (BW; plan approval: October 1998 – September 1999; funded)
B29: west of Essingen – west of Aalen 3.5km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – December 2002; approval didn't expire b/c a bridge is u/c)

B31: Gauchachtal viaduct Döggingen 1.7km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 1991; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

B33: AS Allensbach-West – Waldsiedlung 9.0km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 2007; additional approval: October 2014 – still in progress (safety reasons); entire project split into 6 sections (1 u/c, 1 completed))

B47: AS Worms (A61) – AS Worms-West 2.0km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1973; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
B47: AS Worms-West – AS Worms-South 2.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (RP; plan approval: 1977 – canceled; Late 2007 – January 2011; complaints rejected)
B47: AS Rosengarten-West – east of Rosengarten 3.6km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2009 – Mid 2015 (soon!))
B47: east of Rosengarten – AS Bürstadt-East 5.2km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – December 1971; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
B47: AS Bürstadt-East – west of AS Lorch-West 3.0km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2010 – still in progress; completion of entire project)

B49: Löhnberg – Biskirchen 3.2km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: procedure should begin "soon"; completion of entire project)
B49: Biskirchen – Tiefenbach 3.2km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – September 2013)
B49: Tiefenbach – Leun 2.1km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – Late 2013)
B49: Leun – Solms 4.5km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – still in progress (2015); completion of entire project)

B51: AS Münster-Warendorfer Straße (B481) – AS Münster-Wolbecker Straße 2.7km (Mid 2015 to 2020?) – ? – map (NW; plan approval: December 2005 – September 2011; funded)

B75: AS Hamburg-Georgswerder – AS Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg-Süd (A26) 4.8km (? to ?) [rededication A252/A253: 6.0km]projectmap (HH; plan approval: Early 2011 – June 2013; complaints pending)

B247: AS Mühlhausen/Weinbergen (B249) – AS Großengottern-West ~ 4km (? to ?) – ? – map (TH; plan approval: ? – November 2011)
B247: AS Großengottern-West – AS Schönstedt-East ~ 7km (? to ?) – ? – map (TH; plan approval: ? – February 2012; complaints rejected)

B303: AS Schirnding-West – DE/CZ border 4.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: ? – September 2008)

Old June 16th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #7910
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A40/A448 Dreieck Bochum-West

A nice aerial photo of the new Bochum-West motorway interchange. This is where A40 and new A448 connect. A448 is an upgrade of the existing southern ring road of Bochum. The project will be officially inaugurated on 22 June.

Old June 18th, 2015, 01:56 PM   #7911
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8959

Quote:
Looming EU probe delays German road toll scheme

Germany is set to delay the launch of its controversial car toll scheme, according to the transport ministry. The EU is expected to announce a legal challenge against it as early as Thursday.

Transport Minister Alexander Dobrindt, who is from Germany's conservative Christian Social Union (CSU) party, has announced he is to delay the introduction of a road toll scheme that would only charge foreigners and motorists whose vehicles are not registered in Germany.

Dobrindt told German daily "Bild" that Germany would "adhere to the rule of law and await a court decision." He was referring to the European Commission's plans to launch legal proceedings against Germany. An announcement to that effect is expected as early as Thursday.

Last month, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said there were "serious doubts" that the car toll scheme was in line with the bloc's objective not to discriminate against foreign nationals.

But Dobrindt says he is prepared for a "tough fight" with the Commission and that he would not "deviate from our course to bring more justice to our roads," he told "Bild."

On Twitter, the CSU insisted that it's "up to Germany and Germany alone to decide how to collect car taxes."

The CSU is boiling with rage!

"Juuuncker!!!"
What Is Love?

SRC_100, Kanadzie, devo liked this post
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:01 PM   #7912
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

The road toll is dead. Says this commentary.
"Delayed" until infinity.
http://www.welt.de/debatte/kommentar...t-der-CSU.html

Merkel keeps her promise.

Angela, the poker queen.

Deadeye Reloaded, Wilhem275 liked this post
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2015, 09:16 PM   #7913
MichiH

News

Quote:
A14: AS Grabow – AS Groß Warnow 9.8km (June 2015 to Late 2017) – ? – map (MV; plan approval: 2011 – November 12; funded)
The A14 groundbreaking ceremony will be on 23rd June 2015 (101 million €), see press release.

Quote:
B49: Löhnberg – Biskirchen 3.2km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: procedure should begin "soon"; completion of entire project)
The B49 plan approval procedure is announced to begin in first half of 2016, construction will begin in 2019 at the earliest (source).

Quote:
A3 2x4 widening AS Leverkusen - AS Köln-Mülheim (~4.5km; OSM; ? million €; plan approval order: January 2012; groundbreaking: Early 2015; source)
Quote:
NW A3 AS Köln-Mühlheim - AS Leverkusen (2x4 widening); 33 million € are funded
The A3 construction works just began. The 3km section will be completed by early 2017. AADT ~155,000 vehicles/day. It will be widened asymmetrical to the west, see press release.

In addition, 3 viaducts (250m, 100m and 430m; map) of A1 b/n AK Osnabrück/Lotte (A30) and AS Lengerich will be reconstructed. Construction works will begin on 22nd June and will last 3 years (source). It's not part of the 2x3 widening but the future viaducts could feature 2x3 lanes plus hard shoulders (source). Nevertheless, the plan approval order for 2x3 widening was passed on 30th April 2015 but can still be challenged (source).

Quote:
A98: AD Hochrhein – AS Rheinfelden-Karsau 2.5km (March 2009 to 2020) – projectmap

There were no construction works in progess since the first earth works lot was finished in May 2013. The construction of two 100m "Kaltluftdurchlass" bridges (one for each c/w) began today. They cost 4.5 million € and should be completed by late 2016. The detailed engineering of the 2nd earth works lot was completed and tendered too. Bids are on hand now. 1.2 million cubic meter have to be moved from fall 2015 to summer 2018.
A98 is to be completed by late 2020 (source).

Quote:
Quote:
December 2014: A8 2x3 widening East of Karlsbad - West of Pfinztal viaduct (?km; OSM; u/c since August 2009)
A8 source (traffic will use 2x2 lanes from tomorrow but 3rd lanes will be opened with final subsection in late 2015)
The official A8 opening ceremony will be tomorrow (19th June). It's currently still 2x2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
A nice aerial photo of the new Bochum-West motorway interchange. This is where A40 and new A448 connect. A448 is an upgrade of the existing southern ring road of Bochum. The project will be officially inaugurated on 22 June.
Correct but is A40 already 2x3 in service since today . I've no idea when the Bochum ring road will be officially rededicated to A448 (it was announced to happen in 2017) but it's already signposted.

Deadeye Reloaded, SRC_100 liked this post
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #7914
Heico-M

The A7 is closed between Hamburg-Schnelsen and interchange Hamburg-Nordwest from today, Friday, 10 PM until Monday morning, 5AM, i.e. for 55 hours.

A bridge is going to be demolished in the course of the widening to 2x3 lanes.

AADT is like 112.000 on weekdays and 85.000 on weekends.

Huge delays and detours are expected.

http://www.shz.de/hamburg/55-stunden...id9994006.html

SRC_100, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old June 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM   #7915
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heico-M View Post
A bridge is going to be demolished in the course of the widening to 2x3 lanes.
2x4 lanes .

Isek liked this post
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:25 AM   #7916
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heico-M View Post
Huge delays and detours are expected.
It wouldn't be the first time that those 'huge delays' turn out to be much less than anticipated. Weekend traffic consists of much more discretionary trips which are less essential and can be rescheduled, postponed or simply canceled.

TomTom currently shows a half hour delay in both direction, but not a city-wide gridlock.
Old June 21st, 2015, 06:15 PM   #7917
Heico-M

Quote:
2x4 lanes .
Not between Schnelsen and Hamburg-Nordwest, afaik, this section is being widened from 2x2 to 2x3 lanes.

The 2x4 lanes section starts south of Hamburg-Nordwest.
Old June 21st, 2015, 07:54 PM   #7918
MichiH

Sorry, you're right. I often mistake Schnelsen and Stellingen.

Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:49 PM   #7919
kato2k8

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
B47: AS Worms (A61) – AS Worms-West 2.0km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1973; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
B47: AS Worms-West – AS Worms-South 2.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (RP; plan approval: 1977 – canceled; Late 2007 – January 2011; complaints rejected)
B47: AS Rosengarten-West – east of Rosengarten 3.6km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2009 – Mid 2015 (soon!))
B47: east of Rosengarten – AS Bürstadt-East 5.2km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – December 1971; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
B47: AS Bürstadt-East – west of AS Lorch-West 3.0km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2010 – still in progress; completion of entire project)
It will be interesting whether - once all that is complete - the 2+2 sections of the B47 will be unlimited speed like they are today (between AS Lorsch and AS Bensheim). And whether that will at some point in the distant future be all properly hooked up to the B9 in Worms - while the B9/B47 interconnection looks like it's really shaping up now, the Südumgehung - second project above - doesn't solve the B9 southern Worms node that in my opinion needs to be reworked (it currently dumps most traffic into the city instead of to the ring.
kato2k8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:47 PM   #7920
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato2k8 View Post
It will be interesting whether - once all that is complete - the 2+2 sections of the B47 will be unlimited speed like they are today (between AS Lorsch and AS Bensheim).
I don't think so. It will feature hard shoulders in Hesse but not in Rhineland-Palatinate. Minimum the latter should be limited to 120kph. Hesse is open to unlimited sections so I guess the eastern part should be unlimited.

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau