daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 30th, 2015, 11:45 PM   #8061
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There was an IRP 2011-2015. I wonder how many projects in that list are actually completed or in very advanced construction stage now.
The IRP 2011-15 was relased in March 2012. I checked my list for the actual status.

Note: I split my list into sections, that's why the total number of projects is higher than in the official list.

Category B (ongoing projects / Laufende Vorhaben):
200 sections completed
53 sections u/c
8 sections not u/c (B97 Cottbus bypass (2 sections), A6 Neckarbrücke Heilbronn, A94 Malching-Kirchham, A66 Riederwaldtunnel, A44 Ratingen-Heiligenhaus, B7 Altenburg-Frohburg and B173 Flöha bypass 2nd section)

Category C (urgent projects for IRP period / Prioritäre Vorhaben im IRP-Zeitraum):
21 sections completed
70 sections u/c
70 sections funded
32 sections: plan approval order but not funded
16 sections: plan approval order but challenged
54 sections: plan approval procedure
11 sections < plan approval procedure

There's also category D, additional projects.

Quote:
The typical complaint about the Bundesverkehrswegeplan is that about half of all urgent projects listed in 2003 are still not under construction today.
It's less than 50%.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2015, 12:42 AM   #8062
Shenkey

Likes (Received): 2087

Munich has to finish it's ring road, it would seriously decrease amount of cars on western part of Mittelerring.
Shenkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 01:22 AM   #8063
bavarian urbanist
Verdens Beste

Likes (Received): 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenkey View Post
Munich has to finish it's ring road, it would seriously decrease amount of cars on western part of Mittelerring.
I disagree. If you build it, they'll come, or as we say in Germany: "Who sows roads will harvest traffic"(Wer Straßen sät wird Verkehr ernten)
2 lanes per direction is usually just enough.
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:46 AM   #8064
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian urbanist View Post
I disagree. If you build it, they'll come, or as we say in Germany: "Who sows roads will harvest traffic"(Wer Straßen sät wird Verkehr ernten) 2 lanes per direction is usually just enough.
The cars are there anyway - they are just driving on alternative routes or stuck in traffic.

Roads do not create traffic, people do. And with increasing number of citizens in and around Munich plus growing transit traffic on the ring the infrastructure should be expanded.

Shenkey liked this post
Des no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:31 AM   #8065
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
Roads do not create traffic, people do.
It is literally true, but actually roads may create traffic in an indirect way, and in a city like Munich they surely do.

Quote:
The cars are there anyway
No, not necesserily.
People may decide:
- look for a job nearby which is accessible by bike or on foot
- look for a job which is best accessible by car
- take the public transport.
In and around Munich a vast majority of adult people has a car (it is one of the wealthiest regions of Europe) but many people don't use it for daily commuting but use the public transport or a bicyle instead, or go on foot.
The quality of infrastructure may influence people's decisions about transport mode primarily (shall I go this morning by train or by car?) and secondarily (shall I take a job in a certain area in or near to the city?)

Modal share in Munich (only inside the city itself):
On foot: 27%
Bike: 17%
Public transport: 23%
Car (driver or passanger): 33%
Minor changes, 1-2% up or down, happen every year, the basic proportions have not changed in the recent ten years.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 11:27 AM   #8066
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
I disagree. If you build it, they'll come, or as we say in Germany: "Who sows roads will harvest traffic"(Wer Straßen sät wird Verkehr ernten)
I think I need to start a list: German Infrastructure Proverbs.

bavarian urbanist liked this post
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 03:00 PM   #8067
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
Roads do not create traffic, people do.
Induced traffic

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old July 31st, 2015, 04:03 PM   #8068
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

The 'induced demand' theory is typically exaggerated and is a not an argument not to expand or build new motorways.

By far the largest increase of traffic is due to population / economic growth and changes in routing. For instance, nearly all traffic on a southwestern leg of A99 would come from existing roads and thus would relieve those roads. As A99 is not a route into the city center, a modal shift from public transport is negligible, because the modal share of public transport on circumferential or bypass trips like A99 is marginal.

A 2014 study (English) by the Institute of Mobility in the Netherlands found that only 1/8th of the traffic growth after a motorway expansion project was due to 'induced demand', i.e. new trips that would have otherwise not been made. Approximately 0% of those new trips came from public transport.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Shenkey, Turf, Nylund, JuergenSchT liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 05:27 PM   #8069
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

is induced demand even a problem ? Surely if the road is improved and people drive, that situation is better than the situation that existed before (people wanted to drive, but didn't because the roads were bad)
Old July 31st, 2015, 07:02 PM   #8070
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
That may be a valid point when discussing some road projects. But come on, a city the size of Munich not having a full ringroad is just unacceptable in such a developed country. There may be congestion in peak hours, but just think about how many non-peak hour trips could benefit from that.
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:47 PM   #8071
Turf
-

Likes (Received): 51

The induced demand theory has long been popular in The Netherlands. Still some people that believe in them. Though the numbers prove them wrong. I rarely hear it anymore.
I travel a lot in Germany and hope they start massive projects soon (and finish them much faster also).
What I am wondering, what changed the situation in the Netherlands?
What should it take for such a policy change to be made with our neighbouring friends?
There should be plenty of money in DE and these kinds of investment increases economic growth I would suppose. So in the long run it might even pay back.
Turf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:53 PM   #8072
MichiH

Quote:
The 'induced demand' theory is typically exaggerated and is a not an argument not to expand or build new motorways.
A 2014 study (English) by the Institute of Mobility in the Netherlands found that only 1/8th of the traffic growth
I think 1/8 is a lot! I didn't expect such a hugh increase due to 'induced traffic'. Thus I cannot agree that the argument is exaggerated because I rarly read about this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
is induced demand even a problem ? Surely if the road is improved and people drive, that situation is better than the situation that existed before (people wanted to drive, but didn't because the roads were bad)
Yes, more traffic = more air pollution etc. It's bad for the nature. Well, that's what conservationists say. I think it's not bad because a new road typically reduces air pollution if congestions are dissolved.

I think new roads connect people. It's easier to visit different towns, different regions or different countries. That's positive especially considering that European countries were used to wage a war with each other.

On the other hand, induced traffic also means: You look for a new job. You have to decide what are your limits, e.g. if driving 30 minutes (one way) from home to the plant/office is ok, or 60 minutes or even 90 minutes etcetera.
For instance, if one lives 100km out of town and driving to a company/office in the city takes 2 hours one way due to daily congestion, one would not apply for a job there without considering to move closer to the city. If a perfect motorway would be build and the daily travel time would just be 1 hour.... The company location could be within the personal limit and one could decide to apply for a job without moving there. That would result in induced traffic.

It's the same for shopping, sightseeing etc. Everyone has limits what's ok for a trip / commuting etcetera. New roads provide opportunities. I see the positive things (connecting people etcetera), others see the negative things ("Who sows roads will harvest traffic").

Kanadzie liked this post
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:00 PM   #8073
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I think 1/8 is a lot! I didn't expect such a hugh increase due to 'induced traffic'. Thus I cannot agree that the argument is exaggerated and I rarly read about this argument.
1/8th of traffic growth. That's pretty small, for example in a not-so-unlikely scenario of 80,000 vehicles per day on 2x2 lanes with a growth of 20% after widening to 2x3 lanes over 10 years, this means the traffic growth due to 'induced demand' is 1/8th of 20% of 80,000 = 1,280 vehicles per day.

So that means out of 96,000 vehicles per day, only 1,280 is due to 'induced demand'. Whether a motorway carries 96,000 or 94,720 vehicles per day after widening to 2x3 lanes is pretty irrelevant and is more or less within the margin of error.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:08 PM   #8074
MichiH

Of course, but it's more than I expected and I really read about it rare.

Old July 31st, 2015, 09:32 PM   #8075
MichiH

News

A44: AK Ratingen-East (A3) – AS Heiligenhaus 4.0km (Summer 2015 to 2020) – projectmap (NW; plan approval: 1991 – February 2007; additional approval: ? – February 2012; ? – 2016 (drainage); complaints rejected; funded)
A44: AS Heiligenhaus – AS Heiligenhaus-Hetterscheidt 4.9km (April 2010 to 2017) – projectmap

The eastern section is announced to be completed by Mid 2017, the western section is announced to be completed by 2018 now. Source.

B15n: AS Ergoldsbach – AS Essenbach (A92) 9.0km (August 2013 to 2018) – projectmap

Delayed to 2019 (it was already announced in March 2014 that it's planned to be completed by 2018/19). Source.

B29: east of Böbingen – west of Essingen 6.9km (July 2015 to 2018) – projectmap (BW; plan approval: October 1998 – September 1999; funded)

The groundbreaking ceremony took place on Monday, see press release, press release no.2 or news article. Only the news article reports about the estimated construction time of 3 years. The total cost of the 2x2 expressway is 67 million €. Thus plan approval orders are only valid for 10 years (but could be extended by 5 years), a bridge for a rural road was already build 5 years ago.

The neighboring section is funded meanwhile:

B29: west of Essingen – west of Aalen 3.5km (2016? to ?) – ? – map

B266: AS Bad Neuenahr (A573) – AS Bad Neuenahr-East 1.8km (February 2009 to Fall 2016) – projectmap

Delayed to Mid 2017 (it was originally planned to be opened by late 2014). Source (I'm not authorized to read the article, so I don't know the delay reason).

More news tomorrow.

Luki_SL, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:14 PM   #8076
MichiH

Quote:
2016 invest

project list (groundbreaking 2016)

It contains almost all projects with building permit!
I'd like to update my list:

Quote:
I created a list of future motorway and expressway projects with approval (however, some are still challenged, some are only on the list to complete the entire project). That means, these projects are funded or could(!) be the candidates to be funded "soon" (please refer to the link in my signature to get a list of all u/c projects and legend):

A14: AS Grabow – AS Groß Warnow 9.8km (June 2015 to Late 2017) – ? – map (MV; plan approval: 2011 – November 12; funded)
u/c

Quote:
A21: north of Nettelsee – north of AS Nettelsee ~ 2km (? to ?) – projectmap (SH; plan approval: April 2008 – February 2011; funded)

A44: AK Ratingen-East (A3) – AS Heiligenhaus 4.0km (Summer 2015 to 2018) – projectmap (NW; plan approval: 1991 – February 2007; additional approval: ? – February 2012; ? – 2016 (drainage); complaints rejected; funded)
To be completed by 2018 instead of 2020

Quote:
A44: AD Kassel-East (A7) – AS Helsa-East 11.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: Mid 2006 – still in progress; completion of entire project)
A44: AS Waldkappel – Hoheneiche 7.2km (Fall 2015 to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: September 2002 – October 2011; complaints rejected; funded)
A44: Hocheneiche – AS Sontra-West 5.4km (2016? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: April 2006 – January 2012; complaints withdrawn; funded)

The latter is funded now!

Quote:
A44: AS Sontra-West – AS Sontra-Ost 10.8km (2017 to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: July 2012 – September 2013)
A44: AS Sontra-Ost – AD Wommen (A4) 6.0km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2011 – February 2013; complaints withdrawn)

A49: AS Schwalmstadt – AS Stadtallendorf-North 13.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – January 2012; complaints withdrawn; PPP planned)
A49: AS Stadtallendorf-North – AD Ohmtal (A5) 17.4km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – May 2012; complaints pending; PPP planned)
Both A49 sections are planned to be built as PPP project.

Quote:
A60: east of AS Winterspelt – north of AS Prüm 18.2km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – March 1979; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

A62: south of AS Bann – south of AS Weselberg 9.3km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1983; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
A62: Schwarzbach viaduct – AS Pirmasens 6.0km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1983; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

A64: east of AS Trier – north of Biewertal viaduct 0.9km (? to ?) – projectmap (RP; plan approval: ? – 1977; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

A66: AD Erlenbruch (A661) – AS Frankfurt-Bergen-Enkheim 2.6km (2016 to 2022) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – February 2007; additional approval: ? – September 2009; official groundbreaking ceremony took place on 23rd September 2009; neighboring A661 u/c)

A72: AS Rötha – AK Leipzig (A38) 7.2km (2015/16 to 2020) – projectmap (SN; plan approval: Early 2011 – December 2013; funded)
No update!

Quote:
A94: AS Dorfen – AS Heldenstein 14.9km (2016 to 2019) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: September 1998 – November 2011; complaints withdrawn; PPP tender procedure in progress)
The latter is already u/c.

Quote:
A281: AS Bremen-Gröpelingen – AS Bremen-Seehausen 4.9km (? to ?) – projectmap (HB; plan approval: ? – June 2010; compensation money negotiation in progress; PPP?)
A281: south of AS Bremen-Airportstadt – AS Bremen-Kattenturm 2.2km (2018 to 2021) – projectmap (HB; plan approval: ? – April 2009; additional approval: May 2015 – still in progress (Late 2016); completion of entire project)

A524: west of AS Duisburg-Huckingen – west of AK Duisburg-South (A59) 0.8km (Fall 2015 to 2018) – ? – map (NW; plan approval: ? – December 2008; funded)

B2: south of AS Eschenlohe – AS Oberau-North 3.8km (? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: ? – still in progress; completion of entire project)
B2: AS Oberau-North – AS Oberau-South 4.2km (September 2015 to 2021) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: ? – February 2010; funded)
No update!

Quote:
B10: AS Godramstein – AS Landau-North (A65) 4.1km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap (RP; plan approval: ? – September 2010; complaints rejected)
Complaints rejected.

Quote:
B14: AS Backnang-West – AS Waldrems 5.7km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – November 2005; new Backnang-Center i/c already u/c)
B14: AS Waldrems – AS Nellmersbach 1.9km (2016? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – November 2005; funded)

Quote:
B27: AS Donaueschingen – AS Hüfingen 4.1km (Spring 2016 to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – September 2013; funded)
Funded! Construction will begin spring 2016.

Quote:
B29: east of Böbingen – west of Essingen 6.9km (July 2015 to 2018) – projectmap (BW; plan approval: October 1998 – September 1999; funded)
B29: west of Essingen – west of Aalen 3.5km (2016? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – December 2002; approval didn't expire b/c a bridge is u/c; funded)
First one u/c, 2nd one funded!

Quote:
B31: Gauchachtal viaduct Döggingen 1.7km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 1991; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)

B33: AS Allensbach-West – Waldsiedlung 9.0km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 2007; additional approval: October 2014 – still in progress (safety reasons); entire project split into 6 sections (1 u/c, 1 completed))
2 additional sections are funded now!

B33: AS Allensbach-West – AS Allensbach-Center 3.6km (2015? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 2007; additional approval: October 2014 – still in progress (safety reasons); entire project split into 6 sections (1 u/c, 1 completed); funded)
B33: AS Allensbach-Center – AS Allensbach-East 2.0km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 2007; additional approval: October 2014 – still in progress (safety reasons); entire project split into 6 sections (1 u/c, 1 completed))
B33: AS Allensbach-East – Hegne 2.0km (? to ?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 2007;; entire project split into 6 sections (1 u/c, 1 completed))
B33: Hegne – Waldsiedlung 1.4km (>= 2017 to 2020?) – ? – map (BW; plan approval: ? – July 2007;; entire project split into 6 sections (1 u/c, 1 completed); funded)

Quote:
B47: AS Worms (A61) – AS Worms-West 2.0km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – ? – map (RP; plan approval: ? – July 1973; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
B47: AS Worms-West – AS Worms-South 2.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (RP; plan approval: 1977 – canceled; Late 2007 – January 2011; complaints rejected; funded)

Quote:
B47: AS Rosengarten-West – east of Rosengarten 3.6km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2009 – Mid 2015 (soon!))
B47: east of Rosengarten – AS Bürstadt-East 5.2km (? to ?) [2nd c/w] – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – December 1971; approval didn't expire b/c 1st c/w is build)
B47: AS Bürstadt-East – west of AS Lorch-West 3.0km (2016? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: December 2010 – still in progress; completion of entire project)

B49: Löhnberg – Biskirchen 3.2km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: procedure should begin "soon"; completion of entire project)
B49: Biskirchen – Tiefenbach 3.2km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – September 2013)
B49: Tiefenbach – Leun 2.1km (2016? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – Late 2013; funded)

Quote:
B49: Leun – Solms 4.5km (? to ?) – projectmap (HE; plan approval: ? – still in progress (2015); completion of entire project)

B51: AS Münster-Warendorfer Straße (B481) – AS Münster-Wolbecker Straße 2.7km (June 2015 to 2018) – ? – map (NW; plan approval: December 2005 – September 2011; funded)
The latter is u/c now!

Quote:
B75: AS Hamburg-Georgswerder – AS Hamburg-Wilhelmsburg-Süd (A26) 4.8km (? to ?) [rededication A252/A253: 6.0km]projectmap (HH; plan approval: Early 2011 – June 2013; complaints pending)

B247: AS Mühlhausen/Weinbergen (B249) – AS Großengottern-West ~ 4km (? to ?) – ? – map (TH; plan approval: ? – November 2011; PPP planned)
B247: AS Großengottern-West – AS Schönstedt-East ~ 7km (? to ?) – ? – map (TH; plan approval: ? – February 2012; complaints rejected; PPP planned)
B247 is planned to be built as PPP project.

Quote:
B303: AS Schirnding-West – DE/CZ border 4.3km (? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: ? – September 2008)

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Last edited by MichiH; August 1st, 2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: A94 u/c
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:24 AM   #8077
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Induced traffic exists and every one that denies it is a fool.
However, how big it is, may differ from place to place. In densely built urban areas it may have more importance.
Especially in secondary effects. What I mean: now in most German cities the majority of offices are in the city centers. City centers are densely built, no free place for wide roads, the modal share of public transport and bicycle are rather high, that of car is pretty low.
If new roads will be built or existing roads will be upgraded so that they are no more congested on a daily basis, even areas where public transport can not have importance and distances are too long for biking can be attractive for building offices and create jobs, or move jobs from the crowded city centers. As an effect of that many people will drive a car every day instead of public transport or bicycle. Not because they think roads are now better then trains/bike but because their new job is located in a place where car is definitely the best option.
That's what happened in several Dutch cities decades ago, happens nowadays for example in and around Budapest.
I'm 100% sure if the now missing southwestern section of A99 were built, a lot of new car traffic would come to that road. No people who now use the train between Taufkirchen and Pasing (although it's a very attractive train connection) but people that commute now from Taufkirchen to the center because they don't want to commute to Pasing because of the long travelling time, but could take a job in Pasing and commute by car on the new A99 if it existed.

BUT I do NOT mean any way that A99 should not be built, or any existing road in and around Munich should not be upgraded because of induced traffic!!
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:48 AM   #8078
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
BUT I do NOT mean any way that A99 should not be built, or any existing road in and around Munich should not be upgraded because of induced traffic!!
A map of Bavaria (March 2013 version) shows the state's proposal for the new federal demand plan (BVWP 2015).

Legend:
new road (project is in current demand plan BVWP 2003)
new road (new for BVWP 2015)
widening (project is in current demand plan BVWP 2003)
widening (new for BVWP 2015)

Munich area is quite green (but almost no new roads are planned there!).

btw: Bavarian project list (March 2013 version) and current Federal project list (September 2014 version); 2+1 widening projects are not contained in the BVWP!

Last edited by MichiH; August 1st, 2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: "btw" info added
Old August 1st, 2015, 03:57 PM   #8079
MichiH

News

A21: north of AS Nettelsee – south of Nettelsee 2km (February 2012 to Late 2017) – projectmap

The section has a length of 2.1km and it's delayed because of the required posts. The estimated completion is 1st half of 2018, that means Mid 2018. Please refer to a previous post and to a recent press release.

A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – AS Itzehoe-South 4.5km (January 2007 to Late 2015) – projectmap

The Stör bridge will be opened in October 2015 (~2.5km) and the remaining section will be opened in June 2016 (~2.0km). The opening ceremony of the Stör bridge will be on 24th October 2015. Please refer to a news article or to the project page.

==>

A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – south of Stör bridge 2.5km (January 2007 to 24th October 2015) – projectmap
A23: south of Stör bridge – AS Itzehoe-South 2.0km (2010 to June 2016) – projectmap

Quote:
A71: Etzleben – AS Sömmerda-East 11.4km (June 2010 to Late August 2015) – projectmap

The opening will be in late August (or maybe early September). Source.
It is reported to be opened in September now........ Please refer to a news article.

A94: AS Pastetten – AS Dorfen 17.4km (April 2012 to 2019) – projectmap
A94: AS Dorfen – AS Heldenstein 14.9km (2016 to 2019) – projectmap

The construction of both sections is planned as PPP project. The Lappachtalbrücke (Lappach viaduct) is already u/c. It's in the western section and it's a "big" building. That's why I declared the section u/c. According to a press release from July 2013, two bridges in the eastern section were also built as "preliminary works". Due to the clear declaration as "preliminary works" and due to the fact that they are just two little bridges (rural roads which cross the future A94), I didn't declare the section u/c.

According to a recent news article and satellite images, more works have been done there. Clearance works and 9 bridges in total are u/c (minimum 3 in the eastern section). These works are funded by the federal budget. The PPP contract should be signed in fall 2015 and works should begin in early 2016 (at the latest in March 2016) so that the new Autobahn could be opened in late 2019.

Old August 1st, 2015, 08:42 PM   #8080
MichiH

Quote:
A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – AS Itzehoe-South 4.5km (January 2007 to Late 2015) – projectmap

The Stör bridge will be opened in October 2015 (~2.5km) and the remaining section will be opened in June 2016 (~2.0km). The opening ceremony of the Stör bridge will be on 24th October 2015. Please refer to a news article or to the project page.

==>

A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – south of Stör bridge 2.5km (January 2007 to 24th October 2015) – projectmap
A23: south of Stör bridge – AS Itzehoe-South 2.0km (2010 to June 2016) – projectmap
It was planned to open the entire section by late 2015 but the construction south of the Stör bridge is a separate tender procedure. A candidate challenged the award of the contract to another company. The complaint procedure took about 6 month. That's the reason of the delay .

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau