daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 16th, 2015, 04:31 PM   #8181
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

That is good news. Now they need to find a solution for the marode Fehmarnsund Bridge.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #8182
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

I read it is an historic monument, so they can't tear it down or modify...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #8183
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Funding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Almost all states published a press release and are happy. NRW is the only state which had to explain....

They mention the first A1 widening section (150 million €; NRW does not want PPP), B66 Barntrup bypass (26 million €; I think it's still complained!?), B66 Rollkrug-Asemissen (17 million €, see my list) and B481 Münster bypass (I forgot it in my list b/c it's part of B51 widening but updated it now) which are not yet funded.
The Federal Minister of Transport, Mr. Dobrindt (CSU party) answered that the A1 b/n AK Lotte/Osnabrück and AS Lengerich will be funded by PPP (and the replacement of 3 bridges is already u/c since June 2015), B481 and B66 could get funding if building permits are really on hand.

The Higher Administrative Court Münster has ordered "Sofortvollzug" meanwhile. That means, the appeals are just about a minior issue and the construction works could already begin because the appeal purpose is not directly affected. The Federal Ministry of Transport granted funding (~ 50 million €). See press release.

The state's road authority, Straßen.NRW, is happy that the funding for the entire bypass (B51 section is already u/c since June 2015) is available now: 98.2 million €. B481 construction works will begin in 2016 (source).

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 04:52 PM   #8184
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I read it is an historic monument, so they can't tear it down or modify...
It's possible to build a new bridge or tunnel next to the existing one though.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old September 16th, 2015, 05:24 PM   #8185
MichiH

B33 widening in the Kinzig valley

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
B33: AS Offenburg-Elgersweier (B3) – AS Gengenbach-North 2 5.2km (2012 to 2016) – ? – map
Some bridges are completed but there are no ongoing works because the Federal Ministry must approve the rised costs. The last calculation expected 9.6 million € in 2005. The new calculation expects more than 20 million € because of generally rised construction costs. The works are announced to be completed in late 2016. Source.
There's a little delay of one or two years (source). The B33 widening is announced to be completed by (2017 or) 2018. Preliminary works began in 2010 but the negotiations with the owners of the land are not yet finished. There are hundreds of very little parcels of land. The total construction costs are minimum 21.9 million €. The higher costs are caused by:
- Higher general building costs (+33% since 2005)
- Modified EU regulations for bridges and
- it was not planned that the construction is done while traffic is driving on the existing B33 ("Damals nicht einkalkuliert worden sei, dass die Bauarbeiten bei laufendem Verkehr stattfinden, was die Bauzeit erheblich verlängert und damit verteuert.")

There's no realignment. It's an upgrade of the existing road. I don't get why the hell they could forget that about 18,000 vehicles/day drive on the existing road.......
Good news: The B33 project is split into two sections now. The first section will be completed by September 2016, the 2nd section will be completed by early 2018. The construction of the first little bridge began in 2010. The contract for widening the road on the first section (6.1 million €) was recently signed and the works should begin in late September 2015. See press release.

B33: AS Offenburg-Zunsweier – AS Gengenbach-North 2.8km (October 2010 to September 2016) – ? – map
B33: AS Offenburg-Elgersweier (B3) – AS Offenburg-Zunsweier 2.4km (October 2010 to Early 2018) – ? – map

Deadeye Reloaded, sedef4o liked this post
Old September 16th, 2015, 05:56 PM   #8186
MichiH

A94 Munich - Passau

Quote:
Quote:
The plan approval procedure for the Malching - Kirchham section (6.0km) started in 2006 (OSM). It was officically canceled in March 2013, and a new procedure was started. A construction period of 5 years was announced (about 60 million €).
The plan approval procedure for the last section from Kirchham to AD Pocking was started in June 2012 (OSM). The construction period was declared to 3 years (12.5km; about 160 million €).
The Federal Minister of Transport, Mr. Dobrindt, announced that the Malching-Kirchham plan approval order should be passed in August 2015. If it won't be challenged the planning should be legal by the end of 2015 and he will immediately release the 104 million € because they are available by the 2016 budget (Bundeshaushalt). Source.
The plan approval order was passed on 27th August 2015, see press release. The neighboring section is delayed though (minimum 9 months), see news article.

A94: north of AS Malching – north of AS Kirchham 6.0km (2016? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: 2006 – March 2013 (stopped); March 2013 – August 2015)
A94: north of AS Kirchham – AD Pocking (A3) 12.5km (? to ?) – projectmap (BY; plan approval: July 2012 – Mid 2016?)

Deadeye Reloaded, sedef4o liked this post
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:51 AM   #8187
MichiH

A71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Reloaded View Post

And the A71 is completed! The last 11 km stretch was opened today.

The new section from Sömmerda-East to Etzleben (01:00 to 07:00), the tunnel section was already opened in 2008 (07:00 to 11:30).

There's a speed limit for the new section due to new road surface.

SRC_100, Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Old September 17th, 2015, 08:50 PM   #8188
MichiH

A14 Schwerin - Magdeburg

It's reported that the section in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania will be in service from Mid of December 2015. The Brandenburg section is still announced "to be opened in late 2015" (source).

A14: AK Schwerin – AS Grabow 14.4km (November 2012 to Mid December 2015) – ? – map
A14: AS Grabow – AS Groß Warnow 11.5km (June 2015 to Late 2017) – ? – map
A14: AS Groß Warnow – AS Karstädt 10.8km (October 2013 to Late 2015) – projectmap

There's no prediction about the plan approval order of the next section Karstädt – Wittenberge (17.5km).

The plan approval order for the Elbe crossing section (10.8km) was announced to be passed in late 2015.

The plan approval orders b/n Elbe and Lüderitz (48km) are announced to be passed in 2016.

The additional plan approval order for Dolle-Colbitz (10.8km) is announced to be passed in early 2016. Complaints are most likely again. There's not yet a court decision about Lüderitz-Dolle (13.2km). Both sections should be built together.

A14: AS Colbitz – AS Wolmirstedt 5.7km (November 2011 to 29th October 2014) – ? – map

There's no prediction about the plan approval order of the last section Wolmirstedt - Dahlenwarsleben (11.4km) but there's already the 4-laned B189 expressway - just a 2.5km 2-laned gap.

Old September 18th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #8189
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
It's possible to build a new bridge or tunnel next to the existing one though.
I really would prefer a tunnel. No need to close it all the time because of windy conditions.
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #8190
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A30 Bad Oeynhausen

Google Earth has recent satellite imagery of A30 around Bad Oeynhausen, dated 1 July 2015.

1. Löhner Kreuz with the bridge across the Werra River.

2. The arc around Bad Oeynhausen.

3. East side of Bad Oeynhausen with short tunnel and bridge across the Werra River.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

RipleyLV, SRC_100, JuergenSchT liked this post
Old September 20th, 2015, 11:23 AM   #8191
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A44 Heiligenhaus - Velbert

Google Earth also has new imagery of A44 between Heiligenhaus and Velbert, dated 2 August 2015.

1. At Heiligenhaus.

2. At Velbert.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

SRC_100, Luki_SL liked this post
Old September 23rd, 2015, 02:12 PM   #8192
MichiH

A46 extension

A46: AS Bestwig – AS Nuttlar 5.6km (September 2009 to 2nd half-year 2016) – ? – map

It was announced that the expected construction period is seven years. There was no announcement about serious delays up to now. In April 2013 it was confirmed that the road should be opened "between Mid and End of 2016".

The 2.8km new distributor road (B480) will connect the A46 to the existing road network. There's an info about the 624m viaduct "Talbrücke Bermecke" (map) that its construction period is 3 years (source). The construction of the viaduct began earlier this year. That means, the A46/B480 opening should be 2018.

It's also planned to extend the A46 up to Brilon (B480; map) but the planning progess is damn slow (preliminary design phase is not yet completed). It should be B7 with 2+1 lanes.

Old September 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM   #8193
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It's a typical example of a project that could be completed in half that time. Many projects in Germany require much longer construction time than in other countries because they do all works (earthworks, bridges, paving) separately instead of simultaneously if possible.

You can see this in the A44 imagery I posted. Some bridges are nearly completed and some paving has been done, but another bridge has barely started. This drags the construction time out by years.

I assume this is a funding issue, the amount of funding allocated for a project each year is too low to complete it within a normal schedule of 2 - 3 years.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 02:36 PM   #8194
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I assume this is a funding issue, the amount of funding allocated for a project each year is too low to complete it within a normal schedule of 2 - 3 years.
Correct. In addition, the construction work (Bauausführung) planned by the road authorities and there's a lack of employees. Many single tender procedures to ensure that smaller companies can get contracts etcetera....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcgill1980 View Post
german people are smart!

Old October 3rd, 2015, 08:44 PM   #8195
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A46 Talbrücke Nuttlar

I took a 600 kilometer trip today to Sauerland, to visit some places I went to as a kid. I also drove by the Talbrücke Nuttlar, this is part of the Autobahn A46 extension from Bestwig to Olsberg. This is the highest bridge in North Rhine-Westphalia, the bridge deck is 115 meters above the valley.

The earlier deadline of 2016 won't be met. A BMVI map shows completion in 2018. They started in 2009. Some parts still don't have much construction done except for temporary construction roads.

Some photos:

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-3 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-5 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-6 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-7 by European Roads, on Flickr

A46 Talbrucke Nuttlar-8 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old October 4th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #8196
detreinbek

Likes (Received): 27

What a shame ... because of the current Governments in Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg we will not have the pleasure to join in an opening of new highway stretches in our states for many years. If this continues we will become a highway developing area.
Old October 5th, 2015, 03:48 AM   #8197
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

A8

Daimler Trucks presented for the first time in Europe a "self driving" truck on a public road (A8).

What Is Love?

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; October 5th, 2015 at 03:55 AM.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2015, 10:12 PM   #8198
MichiH

A26: AS Jork – AS Buxtehude 4.5km (Summer 2006 to Late 2020) – projectmap
A26: AS Buxtehude – AS Neu Wulmstorf 4.1km (September 2013 to Late 2020) – projectmap

There's a complaint about a 50-million-€ contract award. That means, the opening of the section is delayed to minimum summer 2021. See news article.

The plan approval order of the next A26 section began in September 2012 and is announced to be passed in late 2016. The Hamburg Ministry of Transport excepts the beginning of the construction in 2017 and the completion in 2022.

A26: AS Neu Wulmstorf – AK Hamburg-Süderelbe (A7) 8.7km (2017 to 2022) – projectmap

The latter plan approval procedure contains 3.7km of A7 widening to 2x4 lanes b/n the A26 interchange and AS Hamburg-Heimfeld.

800m of the A26 section are in Lower Saxony, there's an additional plan approval procedure.

Old October 9th, 2015, 10:06 PM   #8199
MichiH

Quote:
The Stör bridge will be opened in October 2015 (~2.5km) and the remaining section will be opened in June 2016 (~2.0km). The opening ceremony of the Stör bridge will be on 24th October 2015. Please refer to a news article or to the project page.

==>

A23: AS Itzehoe-Center – south of Stör bridge 2.5km (January 2007 to 24th October 2015) – projectmap
A23: south of Stör bridge – AS Itzehoe-South 2.0km (2010 to June 2016) – projectmap
The opening ceremony of the Stör bridge will be on 24th October 2015 but both carriageways will probable get into service on 10th November 2015. The remaining 2km section will be in service (and yellow signs replaced by blue signs) from 30th June 2016. See news article.

Old October 11th, 2015, 04:30 PM   #8200
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

Does anyone have feel like pop out from Berlin to Leipzig?

Tags
autobahn, baustelle, congestion, germany, highways, marode brücken, motorways, stau